Start by marking “One Thousand Gifts Devotional: Reflections on Finding Everyday Grace” as Want to Read:
One Thousand Gifts Devotional: Reflections on Finding Everyday Grace

One Thousand Gifts Devotional: Reflections on Finding Everyday Grace

4.6 of 5 stars 4.60  ·  rating details  ·  299 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Published November 20th 2012 by Zondervan (first published November 2nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about One Thousand Gifts Devotional, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Thousand Gifts Devotional

Dawn
I read Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Life Fully Right Where You Are, about a year and a half ago. This best seller introduces readers to a word, Eucharisteo and a philosophy of living in light of the grace of God, as it says, right where you are. This idea of giving thanks always and living in the awareness of the brevity and fragility of life with joy is the theme of One Thousand Gifts. It inspired me to start counting along with a whole community of others who were counting ...more
Jamie
“Is thankfulness really but the deep, contented breath of peacefulness?”

I’m always looking for a quality devotional, especially as each year comes to a close. I love knowing I can start over with new wisdom and insight. Having come across Ann Voskamp’s new devotional based off her bestselling book, I can say I’m excited to have this in my library, but share it with others as well!

With each daily devotion starting with a scripture and ending with a prayer and space to write thoughts and prayers (
Jalynn Patterson
About the Book:

Following the success of One Thousand Gifts, her guide to giving thanks and finding joy in all aspects of life, Ann Voskamp returns with this One Thousand Gifts Devotional. Follow in her footsteps, and find 'joy in the midst of deadlines, debt, drama and daily duties.' The sixty devotions in the One Thousand Gifts Devotional explore the simple graces and the hard graces we all experience every day of our lives. Each devotion provides a daily Scripture and prayer and invites you to
Sally
How can we find real joy when we are struggling with debt, daily obligations and stress? Ann Voskamp has compiled 60 reflections of grace that will help you to keep your life focused on Christ.

A beautiful hard-cover book with lined pages for your reflections and an attached ribbon page marker are just a few of the things that make the physical part of this book appealing. All of the devotions begin with scripture from several versions of the Bible, such as KJV, ESV, NEB, MSG and NASB just to na
ONE THOUSAND GIFTS DEVOTIONAL starts with a Bible verse for you to read, goes into a two or three page story / devotional, and ends with a prayer and a few lines for you to write your thoughts.

I didn’t read the book that preceded this one, but I found the style of writing very hard to follow and get into. I had to read the same passages multiple times to get anything out of them. The idea of it is good – great even – but if you live in a busy home and don’t have quiet place to go to be alone an
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
"It all began quite spontaneously, unintentionally. One of those things God grows up in the most unexpected places.

A friend dared me to start counting one thousand things I loved. I took the dare, accepted the challenge, kept track of one thousand things, one thousand gifts - a thousand graces - on a quiet, unassuming blog. Before I knew it, thankfulness to God began to fully change me.

What I actually found - startling! - was more daily wonder and surprising beauty than I ever expected. And in
Cindy B
1000 Gifts

Such a reminder to look at each moment as the gift it is as well as to follow with thankfulness for what you see each moment. The more we see then the more we thank and then the more Jesus is glorified! "Jesus said, Blessed are the eyes that see what you see." Luke 10:23
Trish Boese
5* This book by Ann Voskamp is so inspiring. Her words have spoken truth into my life for years. This book contains 60 devotions with space to journal. There is also space in the back of the book for my own numbered list of one thousand gifts.
Karen
I loved the original book and found this devotional to be a wonderful way for me to bite off little nuggets and savor them. Each day is a facet of grace. A great devotional.
Shari
My husband and I read this together. We enjoyed it but sometimes the poetry was weird. I liked it enough to start my own 1000 gifts notebook!
Ian
I was tremendously moved by the book when I read it 12 months ago. I wanted something more and this is it.

60 two-three page "Grace" stories that capture the essence of the book but provide a basis for reflection and prayer. In addition, the journal for recording 1,000 gifts was super handy and each day I so enjoyed reflecting on God's goodness.

Ann has such a wonderful heart for the Lord, sharing her journey in such a manner that I always felt I was walking alongside her, helping do the laundry,
I love Ann's voice. She writes with a conversational structure and tone that makes me feel like she's standing in my kitchen while dropping off or picking up kids. She's honest, transparent and inspired! I just love the way she makes me take a fresh look at all of the blessings in my day and reminds me to give thanks to God continually for His ever-present grace. She's a radiant reflection on God's love in the world, and I have to give thanks for her Light. Eucharisteo!
Melanie
Ann does a wonderful job at putting Grace into perspective. I was challenged to have gratitude during all circumstances. When we have gratitude then we will be happy, we can't be happy with out gratitude. God's blessing are all around us we have to make a conscious effort to look for them and say Thank you! After reading this book you will never be the same. This Devotional was a shadow of her book and touched on the most meaningful parts so we could apply it to our lives.
Amanda Kimberly
I am currently working on this devotional and I absolutely fell in love with it from the very first one. Ann Voskamp is truly one of my favorite authors. Her story is incredible and her writing challenges the reader to go deeper and the result of that is something I can't find words for. This book sits on my nightstand and it will not be moved.
Emily
A wonderful accompaniment to her book One Thousand Gifts--this journal has numbered pages for you to count your own, and 60 new meditations/reflections to inspire you.
Denise
Voskamp's musings in this devotional are challenging, thought-provoking, poetic, insightful. Highly recommend her writing to anyone interested in becoming a more thankful person who sees God's hand and blessings in all of life.
Tiffany Huffman
This book changed my perspective on being thankful. It is so crucial to a Christian's walk to be thankful for what God has done, is doing, and is about to do in your life. I'd say I'm thankful for this book. ;)
Joy
Voskamp provides short reflections of daily grace - a good coupling if you are starting your own Joy Dare. Voskamp's unique writing style is very intriguing in devotional format, and always leaves you wanting more.
Linda Waeckerle
This book has revolutionized my perspective on praise. Instead of focusing on the negative, my bent, I now see each mess in my life as an opportunity to give thanks in all things.
Kathy Simpson
Wow! It took me four months to finish this book - so very much to truly learn from. Thank you Ann for writing this.
Leanne
Oct 23, 2013 Leanne added it
Gave up a few chapters in. Seemed very cliché in parts. Just not my style of writing, I guess.
Kim Zimmerman
very encouraging devotional...a great way to begin your morning...living in grace
Deanna Rinebolt
Thought provoking and encouraging devotional. Thoroughly enjoyed working through it.
Kay
Thank you Dearest Father God for Ann Voskamp and her gift of writing!
Shelley Chisholm-speers
A great devotional to follow her Ann Voskamps novel.
Brenda
GodReads: One Thousand Graces 7 13 Nov 06, 2013 05:34PM
  • The Ultimate Conversation
  • Mended: Pieces of a Life Made Whole
  • Everything: What You Give and What You Gain to Become Like Jesus
  • The Sacred Year: Mapping the Soulscape of Spiritual Practice -- How Contemplating Apples, Living in a Cave, and Befriending a Dying Woman Revived My Life
  • You Can Begin Again: No Matter What, It's Never Too Late
  • Saying It Well: Touching Others with Your Words
  • Graceful (for Young Women): Letting Go of Your Try-Hard Life
  • My Father's Business: 30 Inspirational Stories for Discerning and Doing Gods Will
  • Seal of God
  • God is Able
  • Whispers of Hope
  • Once Upon a Time: Discovering Our Forever After Story
  • A Hobbit Devotional: Bilbo Baggins and the Bible
  • Three Free Sins: A New Perspective on Sin and Grace
  • Bounce Back: When Your Heart is Empty and Your Dreams are Lost
  • Live Original: How the Duck Commander Teen Keeps It Real and Stays True to Her Values
  • 101 Things You Should Do Before Your Kids Leave Home
  • Revise Us Again: Living from a Renewed Christian Script
Ann Voskamp's a farmer's wife, mama to 6 kids, & author of One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are (Zondervan). Everyday, she takes the wild dare. Right in the midst of her own and gritty grace-filled life. When the kids and the washing machine sleep, she washes her real dirt down with words and The Word. Some of her words find themselves in an award-winning series for cur ...more
More about Ann Voskamp...
One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are The Greatest Gift: Unwrapping the Full Love Story of Christmas Selections from One Thousand Gifts: Finding Joy in What Really Matters One Thousand Gifts Study Guide with DVD: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are Unwrapping the Greatest Gift: A Family Celebration of Christmas

“What if I gave thanks in the trouble, for the trouble, because the trouble is a gift that causes me to turn? What if I loved God not for His goods but for His love itself that is goodness enough?” 1 likes
“The life that counts blessings discovers its yielding more than it seems.” 1 likes