Start by marking “It Had to Be You” as Want to Read:
It Had to Be You

It Had to Be You

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  464 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Trust is not high on straight-talking rancher Dan Jarrett's list. He doesn't believe there are many people worthy of it. Case-in-point: his new stepfather. His widowed mother says it was love at first sight, but Dan is convinced the man is a con artist spending his mother's nest egg. And the only reason Dan's going on the family holiday cruise is to gain time to prove his ...more
Published June 1st 2006 by Multnomah Books (first published June 8th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about It Had to Be You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Had to Be You

Amy
This one is such a cute book by Linda Windsor. The main character, Sunny Elders, is on a quest to endure a family holiday cruise as the chaperone of her sister's kids. Sunny is a quick witted, determined, "walking accident-waiting-to-happen". I was hooked after jsut reading the first chapter. You're either laughing out loud at the crazy things that can happen to Sunny Elders or instantly sympathetic at her misadventures. Read it if you're looking for a clean book that will give you a few laughs. ...more
Sheila
This is the third time I've read this book, I had to choose something from my own bookshelves to read. I never tire reading this book. It is a light romance with lots of humor. I like Linda Windsor books because she keeps the content clean and you don't need to worry about language, or inappropriate happenings in a book. In every book I have read that Linda Windsor has written, there is humar as well. I really like her books especially when you want to read something light and fun.
Lindsey
This book was good in the aspect that I feel like I can relate to the main character a lot. She's a total klutz, and likes to keep feelings bottled in, and she likes cowboys. :) The cowboy is also an interesting character. However, this book is preachy too with reference constantly to God and finding room in your life for Him. Overall a good light read. It was clean, and kept me interested.
D'Arcy Mattis
I have read this book way too many times. I know the story like the back of my hand, but it still makes me happy and laugh each time I read it
Very easy light-hearted read. Love taking this book on vacation with me to read while I lounge by the pool. The author ties in humor very well, I have been on a couple of cruises and this book always makes me want to go on another.
IrenesBookReviews
The funny meeting of the two major characters in “It Had To Be You” will have you cheering for them to get together right from the start. Sunny and Dan start their love journey on a Thanksgiving cruise with their families.

The relationship of Sunny and Dan is the main story of this book written by Linda Windsor. They are both on the cruise for a different reason. Sunny is on the journey to help take care of her niece and nephew. Their characters are well written and help make the book believable.
Sarah Gorman
This book was so hilarious. Sunny's spunk just makes you laugh out loud. I am all for a heroine with lots of spunk. It makes the books oh so much more enjoyable!
This book was cute in parts, but was an overall dissapointment. The plot line of avoiding grieving her parents deaths was barely developed, and that would have been the most real part of the book in my opinion.

I usually don't mind cheesy, but come on now. All the cowboy, horse, ranch, animal references? I can't imagine anyone is that hokey in real life.

It was fun to read about people on a cruise, as it made me think back to my sister and my cruise vacation. I'm not sure this book makes me want t
Pamela(AllHoney)
Rancher Dan Jarrett goes on a cruise mainly to keep an eye on his mother and his new step-father, who he has yet to trust. Sunny is there to help her sister and brother-in-law have a little alone time by taking care of her niece and nephew.

A Christian romance with a heavy dose of humor. I really loved it. I'm really not a big reader of Christian romance because I feel some of them get really preachy at times and the plot will suffer. The plot never suffered with this one.
Rebecca H
This is an awesome Christian romance. It shows how people can change and how they are effected by those around them. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I had my doubts at first but it won me over in the end. The mishaps in this book are so funny. It was a great book that I highly recommend.
Whitney Hassell
This book is excellent, I loved every minutes of reading it, tears and laughter included. I have to highly recommend this book to anyone going through a hardship or dealing with emotional life issues. It is just wonderful.
Michelle
An amazing read with a hilarious heroine and fun setting aboard a cruise ship! The characters interact with humor and wit as they learn to trust in God and each other with the grief and hardships they face in their lives.
Maria
Purely and absolutely goop. It was so sweet, I think I sort of gave up reading it as thoroughly as I could. This book is chick lit to the max. *shudders* I can't believe I read it. It wasn't bad. Just. Goopy.
Jerilyn
This book just makes me laugh out loud! This is a book I pick up when I just want light reading and humor, it's really not real to life but I don't care cuz it's hilarious in my mind!:)
Tausha
I was suprised at how much I enjoyed this book. I had to chuckle at the quirky things the main characters had to go through to get them together. Clean, quick read.
Brandie
Eh, it was an okay book. A little over the top in some parts - mostly the religious aspect honestly, but overall a cute story that was an easy read.
Ratforce
If you’re in the mood for a heartwarming and hysterical Christian read, be sure to try Linda Windsor’s It Had to Be You.
I liked this book. The setting of a cruise ship was different. The dynamics between the characters was great. Cute storyline.
Lynne
I used to really love this book. God knows how many times I read it.
Claire H
A perfectly decent read, but there's nothing standout about it.
Johanna Garrison
I have read this twice. Good for an afternoon giggle.
Charity U
Read this over a year ago, and enjoyed it. :)
Patti
Some of the scenes were absolutely hysterical!
Sara
This book was hilarious! Loved it.
Jenny
Fun, Christian romance!
Stephanie
Cheeeeeeeeeeeesy
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Katie Steiner
Katie Steiner marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Carmen Darland
Carmen Darland marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
  • Reclaiming Nick (Noble Legacy #1)
  • A Whisper of Danger (Treasures of the Heart #2)
  • First Impressions (Austen Series, #1)
  • Newlywed Games
  • Off the Record
  • Bookends
  • Oklahoma Weddings
  • Meeting Her Match (Mule Hollow, #5)
  • Leather and Lace (Texas Legacy #1)
  • White Chocolate Moments
  • Unbridled Dreams
  • The Winds of Sonoma (Regalo Grande #1)
  • Lost in Rooville
  • Single Sashimi
  • Wind Dancer
Linda Windsor is the best-selling, award-winning author of more than thirty novels, with more than a million books in print. Her most recent work includes Healer and Thief, the first two volumes in the Brides of Alba series, and the early Irish Celtic Fires of Gleannmara trilogy.
More about Linda Windsor...
Maire (Fires of Gleannmara, #1) Healer (The Brides of Alba #1) Riona (Fires of Gleannmara #2) Deirdre (Fires of Gleannmara #3) Along Came Jones