Blank-133x176
Spice Box

Grace Livingston Hill

Spice Box

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  153 ratings  ·  8 reviews
He saved her life, then grew to love her. But can Dr. Sterling discover what is forcing his beautiful patient to keep her identity a secret?.
Hardcover
Published by Amereon Limited (first published January 1st 1943)

To ask other readers questions about Spice Box, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spice Box

Anne
Grace Livingston Hill is kind of my go to for books I know I'll love when I get the craving for a good, romantic read. This one definitely delivers and the story of Miss Spicer is delightful. There are two distinct stories at first, which I will admit drove me a little crazy, but they become beautifully entwined to finish up a good book I would recommend. Great message about not judging people as individuals or groups without knowing them personally and about trusting God and persevering though...more
I love Grace Livingstone Hill. Yes, her books are old fashioned. Yes, her books are somewhat predictable. But that woman could weave a lovely story that leaves you feeling happy at the end. I loved Spice Box and its wonderful message of reaching out to those around you.
Rachel
I like these clean Christian romances by Grace Livingston Hill; however, I will say that her good characters are almost too perfect and her bad ones horribly evil, which can make them amusing although that's not the intent. They are well written though.
Vicky
This was the first of Miss Hills books I ever read and it is still a favourite. I know they are old fashioned and get a bit preachy but I love picking up the simple sweet stories after a heavier plot twister.
I just love Miss Spicer and Ernestine!!
Bethany
Not bad. It really wasn't terribly romantic, which is what I expectd, but I found the story of Miss Spicer to be delightful and fun.
Julie
I recommend this book to anybody and everybody :) It is really a predictable plot overall, but it is great nonetheless :)
Cindy
I always consider the romance is secondary to the real story about Miss Spicer.
Shirley
I like all of the Grace Livingston Hill books. Reread them ever few years.
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Jessica Carter
Jessica Carter marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Diana W
Diana W marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Katmarch
Katmarch marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Tiffany Meadows
Tiffany Meadows marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Molly Seward
Molly Seward marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Lizzy
Lizzy added it
May 10, 2014
Wendy
Wendy added it
May 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Wrong Cover Image for ISBN 0842359397 3 25 Oct 08, 2013 02:43PM
also wrote under the pseudonym Marcia MacDonald

A popular author of her day she wrote over 100 novels and numerous short stories of religious and Christian fiction. Her characters were most often young female ingénues, frequently strong Christian women or those who become so within the confines of the story.
More about Grace Livingston Hill...
The Enchanted Barn Marcia Schuyler (Miranda Trilogy #1) The Girl from Montana (GLH #66) Crimson Roses The Substitute Guest