Start by marking “Looks to Die For (Lacy Fields, #1)” as Want to Read:
Looks to Die For (Lacy Fields, #1)

Looks to Die For (Lacy Fields #1)

3.17 of 5 stars 3.17  ·  rating details  ·  250 ratings  ·  32 reviews
As the wife of a prominent Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, a dedicated mother of three, and an absolutely fabulous decorator to the stars, Lacy Fields is stunned to the tips of her Chanel-manicured toenails the night the police barge into her house and haul her husband off in handcuffs. With her handsome Dan accused of murdering a young wannabe actress named Tasha Barlow, L ...more
Published February 13th 2007 by Touchstone Books

To ask other readers questions about Looks to Die For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Looks to Die For

Karen
Guess I just wasn't in the mood. I don't like books that start off with fear and frustration...
P.J. Coldren
Lacy Fields is your average Beverly Hills housewife: married to a famous plastic surgeon, three kids, a nice life. Until the police come to her door early one morning and arrest her husband for murder. Lacy is devastated, at least for a little while. Then she kicks it into gear and decides that nobody can clear her husband’s name as well as she can, because nobody WANTS to as much as she does. This cloud is ruining her family. Her son is distracted, which means he isn’t studying the way he shoul ...more
Lisa
I can't believe the author wrote it (it to be defined) and I can't believe there is no comment on it. Am I missing something??
I haven't even finished the book, but from what I just read, the main character, Lacy, wife of the accused, just went into the apartment of the murdered woman, talked with the roommate, found out her accused husband--who has never varied from the claim he never met the victim/doesn't know her name--was there the evening of the murder and the roommate states he was identi
Jey

I'm wondering if this was a debut.

*checks* Yup. Why am I not surprised?

Honestly, I cut debutant authors some slack, because even as a reader, and avid journal writer, I know that it takes time to get comfortable with your writing. And that's why most authors first few books are disappointing, to say the least.

However, I wasn't expecting much from this book. How can it still disappoint me? Hmm. Maybe I deceived myself.

The things that annoyed me about this book (Yup, you can check, it's on my 'A
Ramona
Jul 05, 2008 Ramona rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Ramona by: My Sister
Lacy Fields is the wife of a prominent Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, a dedicated mother of three, and an absolutely fabulous decorator to the stars. But when her husband is accused of murdering a young wannabe actress, Lacy finds out she has a killer instinct for hunting down murderers as well as antique furniture. With her best friend Molly Archer, a successful L.A. casting agent, Lacy tracks suspects from a sleazy network TV star to an advertising exec busy shooting Super Bowl commercials set ...more
Shaha Ahmed
SYN: Lacy's husband, a doctor is accused of murdering a small time actress and Lacy goes through her list of suspects almost getting killed twice and fighting a collapsing family to prove her husband's innocence.

I absolutely loved it. The attention to detail was great, and there were moments of shock and excitement. Each chapter brought new surprises and it was beautifully written. I loved how cheeky and fun it was.
Lacy is the modern day Nancy Drew and she's out there sleuthing in her Louboutin
Ann
LA mom does detective work to prove husband innocent of murder. Pretty good.
Chelsea
Ha, I liked this book. Funny insider look at a famous plastic surgeon's family who also happens to be accused to murder. What I liked about it was the fact that it was quite clean and reminded me of my own situation...talking about making it through med school with young kids and trying to raise them now normally, even with all the money and fame that her husband has accrued. I also liked how down to earth the main character was, despite being surrounded by high-powered persons who were all abou ...more
Sam Colloff
this is awful. thought it might be one of those light fun reads, but...no. in the interest of my not wasting any more of my life I am quitting before even halfway.
Sandy
Overall I enjoyed this book but the main character was so stupid -- she would walk right into dangerous situations as if she was clueless when you could see the mistake coming from miles away. The same with the killer -- I had figured it out way before the author let the main character figure it out which again, made her look like an idiot. And the LA police should sue, they look so incompetent. Very difficult story to swallow but generally light and easy reading.
Beckie
I chose this book for its "brain-candy" potential--and it did not disappoint in that regard. It was a good story, but the brand-name dropping was quite tedious--as were the abundant, detailed clothing descriptions. Less is more. It would make a good Lifetime TV movie :).
Ksafford
Never read anything by this author, so will see how it goes. Just on page 5.

Well, I finished. It was okay for a very, very, light read. I don't know that I would read another by this author. It did not "grab" me and really hold my attention.
Tiffani
This book was ok. It went on and on in the beginning and then it tells you the story. Then the ending. There was no telling you what happened to the person who did it and then it was over.
Kirsten
I enjoyed reading this book. It was a fun easy read, and I enjoyed getting to know the characters. It wasn't a highly original plot, but it was well written and entertaining.
Sue Rock

I enjoy a good murder mystery ... Too soon to tell if this one is actually good. Maybe it's good psychological thrillers I enjoy. :)
Danette
It's an okay read...nothing superb about it. I didn't like all of the brand-name dropping...it didn't add a lot to the read.
Merceda
Lee Ann
Not bad--the references to all the designer stuff got boring after a while but it was a fun, light read.
Barb
Too much description and label name dropping. Who cares if the toe-nail polish was Chanelle?
Jo
The chinese food of mystery novels - an hour later I won't be able to remember it.
Carolina Duran
This book is very interesting, it made me want to keep on reading page after page.
Lesley
This was a fun mystery. Still I didn't figure everything out until the end.
Irene
Read this while on an island vacation...a fun, easy, and fast mystery.
Christina Potter Bieloh
This was a very light entertaining mystery. She is a good storyteller.
Jennifer Jowsey
definite fluff, but a quick and easy read; simple, fairly enjoyable.
This is a good light read murder mystery- keeps you guessing a bit.
Kim
This was an easy fun read but nothing to write home about.
  • Well Bred and Dead (A High Society Mystery, #1)
  • Double Black (A Ski Diva Mystery, #1)
  • Shadow of Doubt (Kali O'Brien, #1)
  • For Better, For Murder
  • A House to Die For (Darby Farr, #1)
  • Stealing with Style (Sterling Glass, #1)
  • Dogs Don't Lie: A Pru Marlowe Pet Noir
  • Southern Fried
  • Running on Empty (Main Street Mystery #1)
  • Three Bedrooms, Two Baths, One Very Dead Corpse
  • Dating Can Be Murder (Samantha Shaw Mystery, #1)
  • A Case of Imagination (Madeline Maclin #1)
  • Dressed to Keel (A Darcy Cavanaugh Mystery #1)
  • Who Invited the Dead Man? (Thoroughly Southern, #3)
  • I Dreamed I Married Perry Mason (A Cece Caruso Mystery, #1)
  • The Telltale Turtle
  • The Dog Park Club: A Mystery
  • Shadows At The Fair (Antique Print, #1)
Janice Kaplan was the Editor-in-Chief of Parade Magazine, the most widely read publication in America. Widely known for her achievements as a writer, television producer, and magazine editor, she was deputy editor of TV Guide magazine and executive producer of the TV Guide Television Group, where she created and produced television specials that aired primetime on ABC, FOX, VH1 and other networks. ...more
More about Janice Kaplan...

Lacy Fields (2 books)
  • A Job to Kill For (Lacy Fields, #2)
Mine Are Spectacular! The Botox Diaries The Men I Didn't Marry A Job to Kill For (Lacy Fields, #2) A Morning Affair