Start by marking “One Bean” as Want to Read:
One Bean

One Bean

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  8 reviews
What happens when you plant just one little bean? A fundamental childhood experiment charmingly unfolds in this first science book about planting and observation. A perfect balance of simple narration and cheerful, thoughtful three-dimensional paper sculptures just right for the very young, One Bean carefully and joyfully takes the young observer step-by-step through a pla ...more
Published September 1st 1999 by Walker Childrens (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about One Bean, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Bean

Rosa Cline
I did really like this book as I read it out loud to my 3 year old granddaughter. She enjoyed it as well talking about the pictures and what was happening. This is a perfect book to buy or check out around Spring time to help teach children how to plant a 'garden' you can even to what the children are doing.
Shakita
This book is great for the classroom. It's easy to read and follow along with. This book is great for k-2 when they plant a bean. The students can find more activities to do in the back of the book and they can find out more information about beans. I really liked the activity where students bring in seeds from home or fruit they ate maybe from the cafeteria; the children can connect the lesson to their own personal life which is important.
Charlotte
I thought this book would be a little simple for Charlotte, but she LOVED it. She's very interested in gardening and plants, and this book's step by step story of taking a dried bean to a bean plant was just her speed. We are actually working on planting beans now, because of this book. I asked Charlotte if she liked it or really liked it, and she said she LOVED it.
Melanie
A simple, very child-friendly book about a child who plants a bean and watches it grow. After awhile, the child is able to pick bean pods off his plant and enjoy the brand new beans he grew all by himself!
Loved this book! My daughter's nickname is Bean so throughout the whole book we compared how the planted bean grows and how she grows. She thought it was great!
Heather Jo
CFAITC
Sep 27, 2013 CFAITC added it
Shelves: primary
This primary reader introduces children to the life cycle of the bean plant.
Miss Kious
Grow class beans following the way the books did it.
I Love
I Love marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Arthi Morekonda
Arthi Morekonda marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Liz Fisher
Liz Fisher marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Ava
Ava added it
Dec 07, 2014
Virginiamichelle
Virginiamichelle marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Elizabeth George
Elizabeth George marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Gort
Gort is currently reading it
Jul 13, 2014
Alisha
Alisha added it
May 26, 2014
Guen
Guen marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Thelma Ortiz
Thelma Ortiz marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Apples and Pumpkins Truck Stop Bugs Are Insects Big George: How a Shy Boy Became President Washington Only Passing Through