Start by marking “Vampires Among Us” as Want to Read:
Vampires Among Us

Vampires Among Us

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  110 ratings  ·  9 reviews
For centuries, vampires have been the stuff of myth and legend, dreams and nightmares. Now, a journalist and psychic investigator reveals the secret lives of modern-day vampires. Based on interviews and first-person accounts, this book tell of the bizzare double lives of many men and women.
Published August 1st 1991 by Pocket Books (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Vampires Among Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampires Among Us

Jeff
Feb 02, 2015 Jeff rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone in school doing a report/essay.
Recommended to Jeff by: The voices in my head.
1st Read: (May 16 - 18, 1996)

Would be an excellent guide for direction...if you chose to go that route. I did enjoy the book for the most part as I have always been interested in Dracula and vampires. The writing is alright and the author seems to make fun of herself at intervals.It was refreshing to hear of different cultures and their beliefs as well. The book is now out of print, so I will be hanging on to mine for awhile yet.
Megan
"The Suprising Story of Real Life Vampires in the 20the Century" Meh. I remember this being slightly on the kooky side back when I first read it sometime in the 1990's. Haven't found the motivation to read it a second time, so I am getting rid of it during the Great Home Library Purge of 2010.
John Wick
Feb 22, 2007 John Wick rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those interested in vampires
Shelves: vampires
the book is a little weak, however it was the first book I ever read about the phenomenon of Vampirism that took it seriously (though mature reflection reveals this book to be weak in many respects). I still hold onto it because it started my infatuation.
Myron
The title of this book should have been "Vampires Among Us: the Delusions of the Fantasy-Prone, Histrionic Personality".

Terrible and devoid of rational or critical examination of any substance.
Olivia
I just loved this book! I found it interesting and creepy all at the same time. Too bad it is out of print now! You can still find it on amazon used.
Markus
Found it to be an excellent read and more informative on the topic of real Vampiric type entities then most of the crap found on the shelves these days.
Titus Hjelm
Much more sympathetic than some of the other books on real vampires--to the point of being a bit too gullible for an academic taste.
SmarterLilac
It's not Carl Bernstein or anything, but after finishing this book, I was halfway convinced that maybe, just maybe, vampires do exist.
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Zeynep
Zeynep marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Cristina Ioana
Cristina Ioana marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Courtney Rose Sampson
Courtney Rose Sampson marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Wickstrom
Wickstrom marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Kathryn Love
Kathryn Love marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Jessica Evans
Jessica Evans marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Sarita Rucker
Sarita Rucker marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Candy Wyman
Candy Wyman marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
  • Shit Magnet: One Man's Miraculous Ability to Absorb the World's Guilt
  • Ghosts Caught on Film: Photographs of the Paranormal
  • Vampires and Vampirism
  • I Want to Grow Hair, I Want to Grow Up, I Want to Go to Boise
  • Crime Classification Manual: A Standard System for Investigating and Classifying Violent Crimes
  • Fangland
  • Grimoire for the Apprentice Wizard
  • Devils, Demons, and Witchcraft: 244 Illustrations for Artists
  • The Gods of the Egyptians, Volume 1
  • The Book of Lilith
Rosemary Ellen Guiley is a leading expert on the paranormal, and is the author of 45+ books, including ten single-volume encyclopedias. Since 1983, she has worked full-time in the paranormal, researching, investigating and writing. She has done extensive field work investigating haunted, mysterious and sacred places, and has had numerous strange and unexplained experiences. When she is not on the ...more
More about Rosemary Ellen Guiley...
The Encyclopedia of Witches and Witchcraft The Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits The Encyclopedia of Vampires, Werewolves, and Other Monsters The Vengeful Djinn: Unveiling the Hidden Agenda of Genies Encyclopedia of Angels