Snowzilla

Snowzilla

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  11 reviews
When neighbors complain that her snowman is too tall, Cami Lou finds a perfect new place for him in the community garden.
ebook
Published September 1st 2012 by Cavendish Square Publishing

Meghan Hunt
I love the rhythm and rhyme of this story. It's about a little girl and her brother who build a giant snowman. Everybody is amazed at it to begin with, until they start to worry what will happen when it melts. A judge then rules that "Snowzilla" will have to come down. The little girl is devastated and then gets everyone to sign a petition to save Snowzilla. Someone then gets the brilliant idea to move him to a park, where when he melts, he won't do any damage. When he finally does melt, everyon...more
Maria Waltner
I thought this book was really cute. Cami Lou has watched it snow for weeks and when it finally ends she and her brother go outside and make the biggest snowman ever that they then name Snowzilla. Well, Snowzilla is a big hit with some but not so much for others. Neighbors complain and a judge tells them to take it down. So the get together and text and blog and e-mail family and friends and neighbors to save it.

I really liked how active the kids are. First they build this enormous snowman with...more
Fjóla
A three and a half stars for us: Great rhymes, good story and cute pictures. The story is a bit modern, as opposed to the timelessness of most picture books. Neighbors are suing each others, but the children text and blog to save the giant snowman. Thankfully the kids were not on Facebook yet. It's a good read although rather forgettable.
Kimberly M Stopchick
Good story

interesting plot, good example of community involvement. Fun read for winter!

I would recommend this to grade school kids & encourage them to build their own Snowzilla.

Brindi
Cami Lou, with the help of her family, builds the biggest snowman the town's ever seen. But it causes an uproar, and with the use of the latest technology, she saves her Snowzilla.
Dolores
With a rhythm reminiscent of Dr. Seuss and a plucky heroine, this makes a great read aloud. Fun to share at storytime or at a school visit.
Carol
This is a fun rhyming story with cute and colorful illustrations. Nothing overly special or memorable though.
Margo Dill
Super cute book! I love the rhyme and the illustrations. Move over, Frosty!
Jen
rhymes. I didn't like the illustrations.
Cherie
Cute book about a giant snowman.
Miranda Barnett
Miranda Barnett marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Craig Mccall
Craig Mccall marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014