Start by marking “Jendela Janggal - The Wide Window (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #3)” as Want to Read:
Jendela Janggal - The Wide Window (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #3)

Jendela Janggal - The Wide Window (A Series of Unfortunate Events #3)

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  109,652 Ratings  ·  2,696 Reviews
Pembaca Yth.,

Dengan sangat menyesal terpaksa kusampaikan bahwa buku yang kalian pegang ini sangat tidak menyenangkan. Buku ini bercerita tentang kisah sedih tiga anak malang. Walaupun mereka menarik dan cerdas, hidup tiga bersaudara Baudelaire ini penuh dengan penderitaan dan kesedihan. Sejak halaman pertama, saat anak-anak itu berada di pantai dan menerima kabar yang san
Published 2003 by PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published February 2nd 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Jendela Janggal - The Wide Window, please sign up.

Ben Klayer I could toss in a really sarcastic comment, but I'm nice. So, I'll just leave you with something slightly biting ;)

Check it out at your local library.…more

Check it out at your local library. Buy it for your Kindle. Pick it up from Barnes and Noble. Something like that...(less)

Jason Koivu
Oct 04, 2014 Jason Koivu rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Those super unfortunate orphans get stuck with another ineffectual guardian, who can't keep them safe from the dastardly Count Olaf. Looks like they'll have to find their own way out of this tight bind all by themselves, again!

Amateur Character Actor and Plotter of Evil Deeds............

Count Olaf

The The Wide Window has some colorful characters, wonderful settings and enough action to keep this one entertaining through out. The overly apt naming of people and places gives this a very old-school
Richard Denney
Mar 23, 2016 Richard Denney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS!!!

Aunt Josephine is the definition of a whack job. I think Meryl Streep portrayed her PERFECTLY in the movie and I had fun imagining her as Aunt Josephine in the book. It was awesome. Mr. Poe is still a dumb ass and I'm waiting for Violet or Klaus to pop off at him soon. I want one of them to scream their head off at him just once because he is just UGHHH!!! Count Olaf is such an asshole, I really want the children to turn the tables and come up with plan to exact some Kill Bill revenge
Jun 26, 2016 Andrew rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I guess I will have to take a short break from this series at some point soon - don't get me wrong the stories are fun and well executed but I guess there is a pattern forming here. And yes the title should really be a bit of a giveaway however all the same it does get a bit bleak.

You can sort of guess that in each book it would appear that the orphans have found their forever home only for forces to conspire against them (or a certain Count at least) and they are thrown back in to the system an
Vesra (When She Reads)
Feb 23, 2016 C.W. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Didn’t like this one as much as the second - the story wasn’t as fun and Count Olaf wasn’t as interesting. It was particularly messed up at times, but Lemony Snicket’s humor remains completely on point. I chuckled quite a bit at this one.
Apr 03, 2016 Kristina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gloomy, mysterious and charming! I adore his writing style! No happy ending is such a nice concept :)
Darth Andrew
This one was a let down, seeing as I enjoyed the first two so much more.
Plínio Mendes
Jul 31, 2016 Plínio Mendes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
*Talvez o meu preferido da série até agora!*

“... as três crianças tinham umas às outras, e poderiam consolar-se e apoiar-se no decorrer de suas vidas infelizes. E embora isso não bastasse para fazê-las se sentir inteiramente seguras, ou inteiramente felizes, fez com que se sentissem gratas.”

A cada capítulo dessa saga dos Baudelaire, eu os admiro mais. É brilhante como o narrador consegue fazer com que o leitor se apegue pelos personagens e sofra com eles em poucas páginas.
Acho que nesse volume,
This felt really anti-climactic. Also, in the first and second book when Sunny's random sounds were "translated" I found it charming, but now I find it irritating. I don't know if it happened more often in this book or if it just grew out of it's charm, but man it annoys me.
Jun 01, 2016 Tanja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review, read-2016
Das ursprüngliche Zuhause dieser Rezension ist der WortWelten-Blog:

Nach dem heimtückischen Mord an Onkel Monty, muss Mr. Poe wieder einmal einen neuen Vormund für Violet, Sunny und Klaus finden. Seine Wahl fällt auf die verwitwete Tante Josephine, die in einem waghalsigen Haus hoch über dem Seufzersee wohnt. Dort hat sie sogar Angst vor ihrem eigenen Herd, was dazu führt, dass sie den Kindern mit Vorliebe kalte Gurkensuppe serviert. Und überhaupt h
Matthew Hunter
The Wide Window's the strongest installment of A Series of Unfortunate Events thus far. There's humor:
There are two kinds of fears: rational and irrational--or, in simpler terms, fears that make sense and fears that don't. For instance, the Baudelaire orphans have a fear of Count Olaf, which makes perfect sense, because he is an evil man who wants to destroy them. But if they were afraid of lemon meringue pie, this would be an irrational fear, because lemon meringue pie is delicious and has neve
Aug 20, 2016 Octavia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-star
Mini Review: I don't really have much to say about this one, as each book is quite short and similar to each other. I think this was another solid installment to the series! I'm having a ton of fun reading these, and it's so easy to fly through them. Onto the next!
Sep 09, 2016 Jaksen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another quick, great, funny, weird read.

In this story the Baudelaire children are sent to live with a distant relative, Aunt Josephine, who is afraid of EVERYTHING. You name it, stoves, telephones, doormats, doorknobs, and who keeps tin cans under every window in her house-atop-a-spindly-hill overlooking Lake Lachrymose so that if anyone breaks in she will hear them making a tinny racket. The children, as always, are suffering - yet resourceful! Violet the inventor, Klaus the researcher-non-par,
Drew The Reviewer
Feb 23, 2016 Drew The Reviewer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Wide Window is such an improvement to this series. The first two books are kind of mediocre and I didn't really have much of an opinion on the plot. But in this book, the plot felt much larger than ever before.

The setting in The Wide Window is what really improved the entire series. The characters are sent off to live in a house overlooking a lake filled with deadly leeches, which become a major part of the story later on. A hurricane is approaching the town and everything about the setting
Nov 05, 2012 Tfitoby rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
The third in the series of books that are so far identical in plot if not content.

The Baudelaire children but escape the clutches of Count Olaf via a house on a hill, an unpleasant fast food chain, a lake filled with rabid leeches and an evil pirate only this time there's nobody as pleasant and interesting as Uncle Monty as an additional character and instead the rather dull Aunt Josephine who is scared of everything.

I liked this the least of the three so far, which certainly accounts for the ge
Jennifer Morrill
Feb 11, 2009 Jennifer Morrill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Does it count as reading when you listen to the audio version?

Tim Curry isn't reading this version. Instead we get the author "Lemony Snicket", aka Daniel Handler. He's quite nasaly and not as cool to listen to than Tim Curry.

The story is still good and intriguing. So far we like the series and my girls beg for it to be on in the car. We are on the Miserable Mill now, and still stuck with Lemony Snicket's voice (at least in the movie we got Jude Law!) I looked it up and we are back to Tim Curry
J.M. Storin
Oct 14, 2016 J.M. Storin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just love these. Couldn't stand Aunt Josephine of course but loved the setting and the clues! Such fun children's reads.
Apr 11, 2016 Nadine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"There are few sights sadder than a ruined book."

The Wide Window is an absolute joy to read. Aunt Josephine is hilarious, but only because of Snicket's amazing writing. If it weren't for his writing Aunt Josephine would be annoying rather than amusing.

Overall, The Wide Window is one of my favorite books in the series simply because of how funny andl over the top Aunt Josephine is! And you can't blame her because realtors ARE scary!

Full series review:
Yaprak Eken
Jun 19, 2016 Yaprak Eken rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
The moral of World War One is "Never assassinate Archduke Ferdinand." kjsknxjsksks
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
I am thoroughly enjoying the series. These are seriously the funniest books I have ever read in my life -- the tone is just so hilarious, even though, ironically, the story is very dark. Count Olaf scares the crap out of me. So do the carnivorous leeches. *shudder* But anyway, awesome books!! Unfortunately I only own the first three (or my little sister does, actually -- i stole them. tee hee.) Now I'll have to swallow my pride and go check the rest of them out of the library. Ah well. IT'S WORT ...more

The Baudelaire children’s misfortune continues. This time they’re under the care of their Aunt Josephine, a woman who’s too scare of the stove to cook warm meals, too scared of the phone to make emergency calls, and too scared to even try to protect the children under her care. However, the children care for her and she, in her own way, cares for them too. Have the children finally found their happily ever after?

Writing (world building, characters, style, etc.):

I found the writing in this book
Alexis Drake
Oct 29, 2015 Alexis Drake rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gli orfani Baudelaire, dopo aver perso la loro casa e i loro genitori in un incendio e aver perso anche lo zio Monty tragicamente, sono ora sulle sponde del Lago Lacrimoso per vivere insieme alla zia Josephine.
Zia Josephine ha perso da poco suo marito Ike, e ha paura di tutto. Non accende il riscaldamento per paura che scoppi il termosifone, non accende i fornelli e fa mangiare loro solo cibi freddi, non usa nemmeno il telefono per paura di prendere la scossa.
Ha il terrore persino degli ag
Ullie Kathlyn
May 05, 2016 Ullie Kathlyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
Agora só faltam 10! Uhuuul! /o/
Achei esse o mais emocionante até agora! Fiquei ligadona, coração quase saindo pela boca e quando vi, acabou. Tia Josephine é sem dúvidas a pessoa/personagem mais insuportável que já vi na vida! E também não aguento mais o Sr. Poe, morro de aflição quando os órfãos tentam falar com ele e ele simplesmente caga. ARRRGH!!
Simbora pro próximo!
Jun 09, 2016 Abriana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one that I remember really vividly from when I was a kid. Is it sad I think I might be enjoying these more as an adult, though?
In leggera ripresa dopo un secondo episodio esile e stiracchiato. Il canovaccio narrativo è sempre lo stesso, se non altro la vicenda di zia Josephine, della sua strampalata casetta e del Lago Lacrimoso mi ha divertito. O forse è solo per il ricordo della performance di Meryl Streep nel film.
May 19, 2016 Nathan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reads, books-i-own
With each book the children seem to get more and more clever and every adult seems to become more and more dimwitted. The struggle is real for the poor Baudelaires.
Lauren R.
Not my favorite one so far, which is not surprising. I think I remember disliking this one back in the day. Aunt Josephine is terrible, Mr. Poe is a moron who really should start trusting these kids, and Count Olaf is obviously the worst of all. Even though these are short, I always feel like the "climax" of the story happens too early, like halfway through, and wonder how it can possibly continue for another hour in the audiobook. I'm usually proven wrong because, of course, things have to get ...more
Asghar Abbas
Sep 10, 2016 Asghar Abbas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Truly Sublime .
Natt BookEuphoria
My second favorite installment so far. My favorite thing is that I feel like as the books progress the storyline becomes more complex and mature. I loved the momentums of this book and how it should that you can do anything if you really want to. Aunt Josephine is a really ridiculous and selfish person in my opinion. No comment on Count Olaf, just no comment for this despicable person. The action in this book really caught on its game.
5 out 5 stars
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
At A Glance

Young Adult
Love Triangle/Insta Love/Obsesion?: nope.
Cliff Hanger: yes

In Dept

Best Part:
Gave me a few laughs
Worst Part: eh.
Thoughts Had: sheesh.; WOW; that olaf!!

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yes

Short Review: I love this series. and the audio book is the way to go. I really like this one, the Aunt they go live with kills me
Event Organizer Bangalore | Team Building Games Bangalore 1 1 Oct 04, 2016 12:09AM
Snippets That Ins...: Funny as Hell? 1 1 May 28, 2016 06:05AM
  • Lucinda's Secret (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #3)
  • Once Upon a Crime (The Sisters Grimm, #4)
  • Two Heads Are Better Than One (The Amazing Days of Abby Hayes, #7)
  • Molly Moon's Hypnotic Time Travel Adventure (Molly Moon, #3)
  • Aliens Don't Wear Braces (Bailey School Kids #7)
  • Terrible Times (Eddie Dickens Trilogy, #3)
  • Pirateology: The Pirate Hunter's Companion (Ologies, #4)
  • Fiendish Deeds (Joy of Spooking, #1)
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator
  • Junie B. Jones Smells Something Fishy (Junie B. Jones, #12)
  • Polar Bears Past Bedtime (Magic Tree House, #12)
  • Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #10)
  • Your Mother Was a Neanderthal
  • The Disappearance (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #2)
  • Hugo Pepper (Far-Flung Adventures, #3)
  • Among the Betrayed (Shadow Children, #3)

For A Series of Unfortunate Events:

For All The Wrong Questions:
More about Lemony Snicket...

A Series of Unfortunate Events (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #1)
  • The Reptile Room (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #2)
  • The Miserable Mill (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #4)
  • The Austere Academy (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #5)
  • The Ersatz Elevator (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #6)
  • The Vile Village (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #7)
  • The Hostile Hospital (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #8)
  • The Carnivorous Carnival (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #9)
  • The Slippery Slope (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #10)
  • The Grim Grotto (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #11)

“If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.” 4094 likes
“For some stories, it's easy. The moral of 'The Three Bears,' for instance, is "Never break into someone else's house.' The moral of 'Snow White' is 'Never eat apples.' The moral of World War I is 'Never assassinate Archduke Ferdinand.” 910 likes