Start by marking “Purity” as Want to Read:
Purity

Purity

Ex-model Amy has her own radio show with a popular phone-in slot. When two prostitutes are murdered after a caller has admitted to fantasies of rape, Amy begins to suspect that the man she loves, who lives beneath her flat, may be a murderer. A call to her program informs her that she is next.
Published February 1st 1999 by Little, Brown Book Group (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Purity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Purity

Wayne Simmons
Mar 08, 2012 Wayne Simmons rated it really liked it
Remember Shaun Hutson?

He’s the bloke that wrote those really badass novels back in the 80s. The Godfather of Gore. The bad boy of horror. Yeah, you know him.

I never read much Hutson back then. Was much more of a King guy, right up to Dalores Claiborne (I strayed after that one). But I’d a few mates who were into Hutson. Used to read out lines to the rest of us in school. And – sure enough – it was pretty extreme stuff.

But here’s the thing; I’ve been reading a lot of Shaun Hutson in recent days.
Tenacious.ze
Mar 20, 2013 Tenacious.ze rated it it was amazing
This was my very first Shaun Hutson book, and aside from a very close second of 'Slugs', it still remains the FIRST. Tortuous chapters leave you bleary eyed and exhausted as you can't face putting the book down until you know how it end. It's a one sitting sort of book. Doesn't have ANY appropriate 'put-down' moments. I've read and re-read at least 9 times. I find a little nugget that I missed each time, and it still thrills me like I'm a Shaun Virgin. I'm afraid this is better than 50 shades fo ...more
Keso Shengelia
Sep 05, 2016 Keso Shengelia rated it really liked it
"So, how easy do you think it would be to kill someone?" ....and if i close my mind in fear, please pry it open... :)
Joe Stamber
Jul 10, 2013 Joe Stamber rated it liked it
Shelves: paper, read-2013
Hutson is known for his horror novels, but despite Purity being shelved by several GR folk as horror, it is a murder mystery. A serial killer is on the loose and the investigation into his identity isn't making much progress. The POV shifts between various characters including an radio presenter, a detective and a politician. Purity is a competent and engaging story that held my interest without having that quality that makes a book difficult to put down.
Jack Pyke
Hmmm, not one of his best, but the murder mystery themes were spot on and still left that cold shiver down your back. Fantastic author, ridiculously talented, but this one just didn't hit every usual mark. And Hutson usually does.
Miss
Apr 25, 2016 Miss rated it it was ok
Shelves: suspense, mystery
I really didn't enjoy this much unfortunately. The murder mystery aspect was ok. The "twist" was predictable. The characters were awful - I could not connect with a single one of them - and ultimately this is what ruined it for me.
Apr 25, 2014 Sarah rated it it was amazing
A book I found amongst many that were given to us. I'm glad I gave it a chance because I couldn't put it down. There isn't really anything overly spectacular about it but I still couldn't help being hooked, and I loved the twist at the end. Definitely didn't see that coming!
Helen
Apr 20, 2010 Helen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shaun-hutson
Was ok, prefered Lucys' child.
Evil Genius
Mar 11, 2014 Evil Genius rated it it was ok
The murder mystery was good. I did not see that coming. But it was not enough to counter the unnecessary padding and details which often made me lose interest in the sorry. Not a memorable read.
David Pollison
David Pollison rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2011
Matt
Matt rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2014
Adam Millard
Adam Millard rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2011
Mark Little
Mark Little rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2013
Chip
Chip rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2012
Travis Little
Travis Little rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Sudeep Kulkarni
Sudeep Kulkarni rated it it was ok
Dec 19, 2010
Layla
Layla rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2009
Strawb
Strawb rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2014
Annabella Mac
Annabella Mac rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2012
Helen
Helen rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2009
Nadine
Nadine rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2015
Eleanor Taylor
Eleanor Taylor rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2012
Rich
Rich rated it did not like it
Jan 07, 2016
Beth Younge
Beth Younge rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2015
Dave C
Dave C rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2014
Sandrine
Sandrine rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2012
Gerry
Gerry rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Julie Showering
Julie Showering rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2013
Jonathon Russell
Jonathon Russell rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2016
Gary
Gary rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2012
  • The Stake
  • Dark Debts
  • Night Life
  • Eternity
British horror novelist, including horror and urban thriller novels.

His novella "Slugs" was made into a movie, although Hutson didn`t like the movie. He also appeared in two horror movies himself.

Hutson is a Liverpool F.C. fan.

More about Shaun Hutson...