Start by marking “Island Of Secrets (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #4)” as Want to Read:
Island Of Secrets (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #4)

Island Of Secrets (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #4)

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  10 reviews
I'm a paranormal investigator without a home of my own. So when a wealthy client offers me a lucrative job on a private South Pacific island, I jump at the opportunity.

It's not all fun in the sun, though. A dead merman--no, really--with an arrow in his chest has washed up on shore. My investigation reveals a century-old war between the mers and a goblin tribe, who believe
Published July 9th 2012 by Carina Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Island Of Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Island Of Secrets

I didn't realize this book was part of a continuing series when I picked it up. Though I was able to figure everything out, I think this is a case where reading the previous novels may enhance the story.

The story is told in the first-person, something I think can slow a story down. That wasn't the case here. The story moves along at a great clip and kept me entertained. There isn't a romance involved in the story, so I'm not sure why it was laebked as such.

I'd classify this as a Stephanie Plum-
Allegra is a paranormal investigator whose toe twitches whenever something unusual comes too near. Well, at least, that’s what happened in the first books in this series. She cut her toe big time on a coral reef early in this book and her radar was off. She’s got a sexy guardian angel named Casper who she loves but can’t have. Other than that, life is great — she’s got a job in paradise (the south pacific), helping to stop a war between the Mers and the Goblins by tracking down stolen treasure. ...more
Stephanie Collins
This was my first foray in to this series and while cute was nothing truly noteworthy. I enjoyed it enough where if I have a window of time for a quick read I would go back and read the others but not enough for me to go running out and filling the back-list.

Allegra struck me as someone who wants to do stuff on her own but is too reliant on the fact that she has her very own Guardian Angel. She does things that bite her in the a@# but then seems to get upset if he doesn't get there in time to re
Why read: Requested from NetGalley

What impressed me: Allegra's actions can get sort of annoying to readers, but you still love her in the and. And you can't help but continue to love Casper. The setting was amazing and the mystery more than made up for Allegra still needing to be rescued due to her own errors in thinking.

What disappointed me: Mermaids and goblins aren't really my favorites of the supernatural creatures. They were done well, but they were still mermaids and goblins. And this whol
Meredith Kaupp
I like Allegra and the paranormal/mystery in these books, but the pining over Casper part is getting old. It needs to be settled one way or another. Overall, a light summer read.
Wendy Soliman
Fun and entertaining, as always. Poor Casper! Will be ever get beyond Cloud 9, into heaven?
Christine Desrochers-Broderick
best of the series yet! now I have to wait till April? ugh. seriously?
This series gets better with each book. Can't wait for the next one.
I really like these Allegra is funny and kickass!
Aug 13, 2012 Boo marked it as to-read
Allegra Fairweather series book 3
Brooke marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Eleni Konstantine
Eleni Konstantine marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Beth added it
Oct 29, 2015
Kitten Morpheus
Kitten Morpheus marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Liarx46 marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Dacia marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2015
Loisa added it
Jun 11, 2015
Chelli marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Julie added it
Jan 24, 2015
Zafia marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Cynthia Pratt
Cynthia Pratt marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Janni Nell has traveled extensively, living and working in London, before settling in Sydney, Australia. She has worked as a personal assistant, receptionist, sales clerk, and even cleaned a very spooky old building. One of her favorite things is growing and cooking her own vegetables. When she isn’t writing, you can find her on the yoga mat, at dance class or walking the dog.

Janni is the author
More about Janni Nell...

Allegra Fairweather Mystery (5 books)
  • Allegra Fairweather (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #1)
  • South of Salem (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #2)
  • Dance of Flames (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #3)
  • Night of the Dark Horse (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #5)