Start by marking “Island Of Secrets (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #4)” as Want to Read:
Island Of Secrets (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #4)

Island Of Secrets (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #4)

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  66 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
I'm a paranormal investigator without a home of my own. So when a wealthy client offers me a lucrative job on a private South Pacific island, I jump at the opportunity.

It's not all fun in the sun, though. A dead merman--no, really--with an arrow in his chest has washed up on shore. My investigation reveals a century-old war between the mers and a goblin tribe, who believe
Published July 9th 2012 by Carina Press (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Island Of Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Island Of Secrets

Holly
I didn't realize this book was part of a continuing series when I picked it up. Though I was able to figure everything out, I think this is a case where reading the previous novels may enhance the story.

The story is told in the first-person, something I think can slow a story down. That wasn't the case here. The story moves along at a great clip and kept me entertained. There isn't a romance involved in the story, so I'm not sure why it was laebked as such.

I'd classify this as a Stephanie Plum-
Christine
Jun 28, 2012 Christine rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, mystery
Allegra is a paranormal investigator whose toe twitches whenever something unusual comes too near. Well, at least, that’s what happened in the first books in this series. She cut her toe big time on a coral reef early in this book and her radar was off. She’s got a sexy guardian angel named Casper who she loves but can’t have. Other than that, life is great — she’s got a job in paradise (the south pacific), helping to stop a war between the Mers and the Goblins by tracking down stolen treasure. ...more
Stephanie Collins
Jul 14, 2012 Stephanie Collins rated it liked it
This was my first foray in to this series and while cute was nothing truly noteworthy. I enjoyed it enough where if I have a window of time for a quick read I would go back and read the others but not enough for me to go running out and filling the back-list.

Allegra struck me as someone who wants to do stuff on her own but is too reliant on the fact that she has her very own Guardian Angel. She does things that bite her in the a@# but then seems to get upset if he doesn't get there in time to re
Patti Ashley
Nice secondary characters

Allergan is off on a tropical island while she figures out her living arrangements. Her roommate is off learning how to be a witch. This had great promise at the start but the series never really sparks. Casper her guardian angel is a romantic interest but they just hover around each other. Lost my interest.
Jan 29, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: para-other
Why read: Requested from NetGalley

What impressed me: Allegra's actions can get sort of annoying to readers, but you still love her in the and. And you can't help but continue to love Casper. The setting was amazing and the mystery more than made up for Allegra still needing to be rescued due to her own errors in thinking.

What disappointed me: Mermaids and goblins aren't really my favorites of the supernatural creatures. They were done well, but they were still mermaids and goblins. And this whol
Meredith Kaupp
Jul 11, 2012 Meredith Kaupp rated it liked it
I like Allegra and the paranormal/mystery in these books, but the pining over Casper part is getting old. It needs to be settled one way or another. Overall, a light summer read.
Wendy Soliman
Aug 24, 2013 Wendy Soliman rated it really liked it
Fun and entertaining, as always. Poor Casper! Will be ever get beyond Cloud 9, into heaven?
Christine Desrochers-Broderick
best of the series yet! now I have to wait till April? ugh. seriously?
Debbie
Jul 18, 2012 Debbie rated it really liked it
This series gets better with each book. Can't wait for the next one.
☀Rachael☀
Sep 07, 2013 ☀Rachael☀ rated it really liked it
I really like these Allegra is funny and kickass!
Boo
Aug 13, 2012 Boo marked it as to-read
Allegra Fairweather series book 3
Cyber
Cyber rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2016
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Hallie
Hallie marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
eris23
eris23 rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2016
Nimue Sionnach
Nimue Sionnach marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Alli
Alli rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Callum Muir
Callum Muir is currently reading it
Jan 29, 2016
Shane
Shane marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Alica
Alica rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Nov 27, 2015
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Eleni Konstantine
Eleni Konstantine marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Janni Nell has traveled extensively, living and working in London, before settling in Sydney, Australia. She has worked as a personal assistant, receptionist, sales clerk, and even cleaned a very scary old building. One of her favorite things is growing and cooking her own vegetables. When she isn’t writing, you can find her on the yoga mat, at dance class or walking the dog.

Janni is the author o
More about Janni Nell...

Allegra Fairweather Mystery (5 books)
  • Allegra Fairweather (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #1)
  • South of Salem (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #2)
  • Dance of Flames (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #3)
  • Night of the Dark Horse (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #5)