Start by marking “Deux fois n'est pas coutume” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Deux fois n'est pas co...
Janet Evanovich

Deux fois n'est pas coutume (Stephanie Plum #2)

4.1  ·  Rating Details ·  120,774 Ratings  ·  3,811 Reviews
Bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is still learning the ropes at her cousin Vinnie's bail bond office, so when she sets out on the trail of Kenny Mancuso--a suspiciously wealthy, working class Trenton boy who has just shot his best friend--the stakes are higher than ever. That Mancuso is distantly related to vice cop Joe Morelli--who is trying to beat Stephanie to the punch--on ...more
Published February 1st 1997 by Grasset (first published 1996)

Tilly Slaton
Nov 14, 2011 Tilly Slaton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this book!

One for the Money, as great as this series is, really didn’t show you the potential of laughter to come.

Two for the Dough changes everything! The relationship between Stephanie and Morelli will leave you smiling. All of the wonderful little things in a relationship that bugs you, you’ll find in theirs. The awkward moments to the pitter patter wonder moments.

Grandma Mazur really steps on stage with her need to pay her respects to the dead. Skipping her feet to help her granddaugh
Robin (Bridge Four)
These books are quick and pretty fun. Sure there is the Scooby doo type mystery afoot in them but I find I’m more drawn to the personal interactions of the characters and the kooky stuff that happens along the way such as:

--- How much trouble a grandma cause at not just one but multiple viewings. Granny Mazur rocks

--- Chase scene through the mall in purple heels.

--- A big Buick that seems to have a mind of it’s own and can’t be stopped until it has crashed into at least one other car. Her insur
May 04, 2016 Jilly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Not quite as good as the first one, but definitely fun!

"Sweetie, you are the worst bounty hunter in the history of the world."

This is true. Stephanie has settled into her life as a bounty hunter, but that doesn't mean she is necessarily good at it. She blunders her way through things, annoying the hell out of enough people to make sure she is targeted (not exactly on purpose. It just happens), and eventually things work out for her. Eventually.

In this book, she is looking for a cousin of More
Patrick Gibson
Nov 30, 2008 Patrick Gibson rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: estrogen
It’s a world I am unfamiliar with—the world of Chic Lit (or, if you are over 18, I refer to as Clit Lit). Even though Janet Evanovich’s books take up at least three shelves at the local Barnes & Noble, I have never noticed. Probably because they are in the Mystery section which I pass through on my way to the Science Fiction wall. I don’t look to either side for fear of turning into a pillar of salt. But—(there is always a but) I am in a strange land under strange circumstances these days an ...more
Megs ♥
Feb 28, 2013 Megs ♥ rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2013-reads
Well I didn't really like the first book, but I decided to give this series one more chance. I really wanted to like it. The series is so popular and loved by almost all cozy readers, so maybe it's just me.

I don't know. I like the characters. They are fun. I love the idea of the series as well, but for some reason I can't get into the stories. The first book was slightly better than this one in my opinion.

I probably won't continue this series, but there really isn't anything bad I can say about
Jan 21, 2016 Gavin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was just as fun and entertaining as the first book in the Stephanie Plum series.

Rookie bounty hunter Stephanie Plum has her second major bail jumper in sight. Kenny Mancuso, cousin of Joe Morelli, is on the run after shooting his best friend. It seems a straight forward case to begin with, but Stephanie never expected cousin Kenny to be so crazy or to have to deal with the stuff he is caught up in. Lucky for her she has Joe, Ranger, and even Grandma Mazur to help her out!

I loved the story
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*

This is one of those times where I remembered liking a book more the first time I read it. Re-reading it, I found I'm just not a big Evanovich fan. She has a style of cutesy, short and abbreviated writing style that doesn't suit me. I will say at least it's easy to read and quick to breeze through.

There IS genuine humor that works - I laughed out loud a few times - but some of it comes off as forced and a little contrived. Stephanie is motivated by the greed of success, but I don't see much els
Dec 03, 2015 Choko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** 4 ***

A buddy read with the BBB buddies in December 2015

Stephani is a bounty hunter in training. In her own words: Ranger and I had a sort of loose partnership. Ranger was a genuine, cool-ass, numero-uno bounty hunter. I asked him to help me because I was still learning the trade and needed all the help I could get. His participation was in the ballpark of a pity fuck."

Stephani is blessed with marvelous relatives and they all reside in a hopping neighborhood: Grandma Mazur reads the ob
Feb 24, 2010 Tatiana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Stephanie Plum fans
Recommended to Tatiana by: Heather
I think there is no need to rehash the synopsis of "Two for the Dough." All you need to know is that it is about military ammo, caskets, and severed body parts, all delivered with a unique burg flare. Otherwise the mystery (if it can even be called that) was unremarkable and never ended with a big revelation like you always expect mysteries to end. Basically, there was no real climax.

I liked this book slightly less than "One for the Money" and if I could, I'd rather give it 3.5 stars instead of
Oct 11, 2007 ☆Brittany☆ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys a good laugh!
Shelves: mystery, humor
I finished the second book of the Stephanie Plum series in about 3 days. Evanovich really knows how to make a reader keep turning the pages!

This book was just as good as the first one. Evanovich still had me chuckling.

I must say I was VERY excited to see that Joe Morelli was also in book 2. I thought he was going to be gone when book 1 finished. I was very happy to see he is a part of the cast of characters that is going to be sticking around. He is a great character, mysterious, sexy character
Stephanie's latest skip should be easy to collar, local boy Kenny shot his best friend in the knee during an argument but it was only a minor incident and Moogey didn't even want to press charges so there is no need for him to do a disappearing act. Then, after Kenny misses his court date, Moogey is murdered and prime suspect Kenny falls completely off the radar. Not one to walk away from a case Stephanie becomes determined to track Kenny down but when her investigations lead her to a funeral pa ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
I forgot how much fun the series can be and the sense of humor and how fast paced the books are. I really should get back to this series.

I liked the tension and banter between Morelli and Stephanie which made the book an enjoyable read. I wasn't sure about him in the first one but him likable in this. Also Stephanie's Grandma is awesome in this. Needs more Stephanie Ranger moments.

But it also has some weird and tense moments. Especially near the end. Pretty good sequel.
Eddie Owens
Oct 14, 2016 Eddie Owens rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bridget Jones the bounty hunter - round 2.

Stephanie is totally inept, but luckily seems to have all the right contacts to help her out.

I laughed out loud on a tram at one stage, so I gave that an extra star.

Good fun and easy to read, if a bit samey at times.
Jul 13, 2008 Liv. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Now Stephanie's back, armed with attitude -- not to mention stun guns, defense sprays, killer flashlights, and her trusty .38, Stephanie is after a new bail jumper, Kenny Mancuso, a boy from Trenton's burg. He's fresh out of the army, suspiciously wealthy, and he's just shot his best friend.

With her bounty hunter pal Ranger stepping in occasionally to advise her, Stephanie staggers kneedeep in corpses and caskets as she traipses through back streets, dark alleys, and funeral parlors.

And nobody k
Mike (the Paladin)
Personally driving a '53 Buick doesn't sound bad to me, and Steph manages to to end up in it a lot. She seems to destroy every car but this one. The best thing about these books is that they can be "fun". In this book Steph and her Grandma manage to to spend a lot of time in their Trenton neighborhood's primary social gathering place, Stiva's Funeral Home.

I'd say more but that would require a spoiler warning and you know how I hate those. (RIGHT)

Another book I listened to in my truck while at wo
Veronica Morfi
Jan 14, 2015 Veronica Morfi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 4/5

Stephanie Plum is the new bounty hunter in Trenton, and after her first big case she is going after some more easy targets. Kenny Mancuso was supposed to be one of those easy targets but she can't seem to find him anywhere and Joe Morelli, her old fling, cop and Kenny's cousin seems to be following her. Stephanie will go from stake outs to funeral homes to find Kenny and figure out why he doesn't want to be found.

This was the first Stephanie Plum novel I read and I can't say it disapp
Nancy Steinle gummel
Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich is the follow up of her One for the Money. It involves Stephanie Plum the bounty hunter. Shes after Kenny Mancuso accused of shooting his best friend, Moogie Bues in the knee. Kenny happens to be one of Joe Morelli's cousin. Joe is the police detective who hangs around Stephanie because she takes too many chances. Kenny sends her a note to stop looking for him. Kenny has gotten suspiciously wealthy since his discharge from the army. Moogie was shot in the hea ...more
It was cute, it was fun, but I don't know if I'll pick up the next. Too much description of clothes (hello Anita Blake) and the fun factor is wearing off.
Dec 03, 2012 Steph rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book.

Kenny Mancuso has shot his old friend (Moogey) and has skipped bail, so Steph is out on the case to bring him in. Simple, right? Wrong!
Turns out Kenny is frickin bat-shit crazy.
He hurts, threatens and beats anyone who get's in his way (including old ladies, but more on that later), he cut his own damn finger off to see what would happen...
Honestly, he's a fruitcake!

The other 'bad guy' in this book is Spiro, who works in his dad's funeral home. Things go from bad
Jan 21, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, mystery
I enjoyed One for the Money. The plot was entertaining, the setting was familiar in its otherness, and the characters were likable, well drawn and relatable. Furthermore, Stephanie Plum, the heroine, was rather humorous when remarking on the going’s on of the Berg and her family, and made me giggle at the situations she managed to find herself in. The pace was perfect for turning pages quickly, and before I knew it, I had completed the book. Naturally I wanted to keep reading, though I admit, I ...more
Jun 10, 2016 Tracy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book a lot more than book 1. This one has a lot more humor in it and the relationship between Morelli and Stephanie is building. Guess we'll see where that takes us. But at least Morelli seems like a nicer person now.

Grandma Mazur is my favorite character, hands down! I love her witty remarks that are ridiculous for an old lady. Makes me laugh. It's always good when a book can make you laugh out loud....
Dec 18, 2015 OhWell rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Weaker than One for the Money, and less funny, but it works as an in-between read. Or palate cleanser, if you will.
Mari Yeung
Stephanie Plum è un pericolo pubblico ed è fantastica. E io sono arrivata al punto in cui non posso proprio più fare a meno di lei.
Ma quanto sono belli questi libri?
Quanto caspita è divertente Stephanie?
E quanto sono carini lei e Morelli insieme?
Oddio quanto ho riso. Ho riso a casa da sola, a casa a mezzanotte nel silenzio (dovendomi tappare la bocca perché altri dormivano), in pubblico (con una mano davanti alla faccia in modo che non mi prendessero per pazza).
Stephanie è un pericolo pubblico,
Apr 10, 2015 •Anna• rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: janet-evanovich
Nonna Mazur ed una calibro quarantacinque.
Morelli con i gioielli al vento dopo essere andato in bianco.

Niente di tutto questo ha prezzo.

"Sono invitato a pranzo?"
"No. Hai già avuto il budino. Se ti porto a casa per pranzo non molleranno più l'osso. Due inviti sono come un fidanzamento".

"Cosa ci fai qui? Ti avevo detto niente pranzo".
"Ti sto proteggendo. Ti aspetterò in macchina".
"Bene" ribatté Morelli.
"Stephanie" chiamò mia madre dalla porta. "Cosa ci fai là fuori con il tuo ragazzo?"
Nov 29, 2008 Eric_W rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Evanovich is on a roll and her sequel to One for the Money, is Two for the Dough (guess what the third in the series is titled). It continues Stephanie’s career as a bounty hunter and is again populated with the same great characters. Joe Morelli, now back on the police force, is the old friend who keeps an eye on her, is probably in love with her, and can’t wait to check out her lingerie (the scene where she leaves him stranded in the middle of the street with no shorts on, then returns to give ...more
May 29, 2011 Kasia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stephanie is back and she is treading deep waters as her assignments get more hairy and dangerous. Catching drunks and senile ladies who live at the train station is one thing but it's a whole other animal when Stephanie is in charge of apprehending Kenny Mancuso, a man with a very sick sense of humor and lust for chopping off people's body parts. Most of the parts come from the nearby funeral home that he's terrorizing and Stephanie sees this as the perfect opportunity to bring her wake loving ...more
Mar 17, 2015 Baylee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, chick-lit
Okay, Stephanie Plum è ufficialmente la mia nuova droga. Tra lei, nonna Mazur, Lula e chi più ne ha più ne metta non riesco a staccarmi da questa serie.

Stephanie è la stessa imbranata del primo libro e, dato che a questo giro le tocca indagare nei dintorni delle prestigiose pompe funebri di Stiva, si fa accompagnare da nonna Mazur. E io adoro nonna Mazur. Le sue performance alle pompe funebri mi hanno fatto morire dal ridere (non che le altre siano da meno, comunque). Diciamo che quando la vedon
Jul 26, 2012 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I guess this is almost exactly like One for the money. Stephanie Plum still takes stupid decisions which turn out to me mistakes, which , somehow, unbelievingly, leads her on the right path. Quite charming!
Grandma Mazur has a rather big role and is funny to begin with, but she is getting to unbelievable and I soon became tired of her. What I liked was the mystery about the caskets and the relationship between Stephanie and Morelli, who in this book is rather harmless. The fact that Stephanie al
Regina Martinez
Aug 25, 2015 Regina Martinez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stephanie Plum is fast becoming one of my favorite series. It is full of mystery, a little suspense, and tons of sarcasm. I love the relationship Stephanie has with her family and love her grandmother. I can picture the Italian connections and love how everyone knows everyone or is related in some way. I missed more of Ranger in this story but enjoyed that Morelli and Stephanie were working together again. Really enjoying the series and can't wait to see how she evolves.
Jenny Jo Weir
Fabulous! I'm loving this series. I do think I might read all 20 something of them. Yes, I might be the newest Stephanie Plum fan :-)

I'm loving the chemistry between Joe Morelli and Stephanie Plum. She's always managing to get herself into situations and he seems to always be there for her. But lets not forget about Ranger, there is something about him and I really like him too! And Grandma? She makes this whole book.

Wonderful. I'm ready to start on the third one now :-) Thanks again Louise!

The Women's Myste...: #2 Two for the Dough 5 55 Jun 06, 2016 05:38PM
강남풀싸위치 강남풀쌀가격 강남풀쌀위치 강남풀싸가격 9 11 Jan 19, 2015 06:53AM
Done with all the Stephanie Plum's 51 621 Aug 07, 2014 06:05PM
The # 1 New York Times Bestselling Author 4 41 Aug 20, 2012 06:44PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Two for the Dough 1 2 Jun 03, 2012 09:36PM
Join in the discussions! 2 36 Mar 09, 2012 10:05PM
  • Foul Play
  • Curse of the Spellmans (The Spellmans, #2)
  • H is for Homicide (Kinsey Millhone, #8)
  • Passion, Betrayal And Killer Highlights (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #2)
  • 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3)
  • Bubbles Ablaze (Bubbles Yablonsky, #3)
  • Unmanned (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #4)
  • Better Read Than Dead (Psychic Eye Mystery, #2)
  • Betrayal in Death (In Death, #12)
  • Big Boned (Heather Wells, #3)
  • Killer in High Heels (High Heels, #2)
  • Sticks & Scones (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #10)
More about Janet Evanovich...

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)
  • Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
  • Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, #11)

“I ran three miles, staggered into the lobby, and took the elevator back to my apartment. No point to overdoing this exercise junk. --Stephanie Plum” 137 likes
“I know what you're thinking," Grandma said into the silence. "Do I have anymore bullets in this here gun? Well, with all the confusion, what with being locked up in a refrigerator, I plumb forgot what was in here to start with. But being that this is a 45 magnum, the most powerful handgun in existence, and it could blow your head clean off, you just got to ask yourself one question. Do you feel lucky today? Well, do you, punk?"

Christ," Spiro whispered. "She thinks she's f**king Clint Eastwood.”