Start by marking “Deux fois n'est pas coutume” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Deux fois n'est pas co...

Janet Evanovich
Preview

Deux fois n'est pas coutume (Stephanie Plum #2)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  104,564 ratings  ·  3,401 reviews
Please don't delete. This is an alternate cover for ISBN 0671001795.
Published February 1st 1997 by Grasset (first published January 10th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Deux fois n'est pas coutume, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deux fois n'est pas coutume

Tilly Slaton
I love this book!

One for the Money, as great as this series is, really didn’t show you the potential of laughter to come.

Two for the Dough changes everything! The relationship between Stephanie and Morelli will leave you smiling. All of the wonderful little things in a relationship that bugs you, you’ll find in theirs. The awkward moments to the pitter patter wonder moments.

Grandma Mazur really steps on stage with her need to pay her respects to the dead. Skipping her feet to help her granddaugh
Patrick Gibson
It’s a world I am unfamiliar with—the world of Chic Lit (or, if you are over 18, I refer to as Clit Lit). Even though Janet Evanovich’s books take up at least three shelves at the local Barnes & Noble, I have never noticed. Probably because they are in the Mystery section which I pass through on my way to the Science Fiction wall. I don’t look to either side for fear of turning into a pillar of salt. But—(there is always a but) I am in a strange land under strange circumstances these days an ...more
Meg ♥
Well I didn't really like the first book, but I decided to give this series one more chance. I really wanted to like it. The series is so popular and loved by almost all cozy readers, so maybe it's just me.

I don't know. I like the characters. They are fun. I love the idea of the series as well, but for some reason I can't get into the stories. The first book was slightly better than this one in my opinion.

I probably won't continue this series, but there really isn't anything bad I can say about
Tatiana
Feb 24, 2010 Tatiana rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Stephanie Plum fans
Recommended to Tatiana by: Heather
I think there is no need to rehash the synopsis of "Two for the Dough." All you need to know is that it is about military ammo, caskets, and severed body parts, all delivered with a unique burg flare. Otherwise the mystery (if it can even be called that) was unremarkable and never ended with a big revelation like you always expect mysteries to end. Basically, there was no real climax.

I liked this book slightly less than "One for the Money" and if I could, I'd rather give it 3.5 stars instead of
☆Brittany☆
Oct 11, 2007 ☆Brittany☆ rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys a good laugh!
Shelves: humor, mystery
I finished the second book of the Stephanie Plum series in about 3 days. Evanovich really knows how to make a reader keep turning the pages!

This book was just as good as the first one. Evanovich still had me chuckling.

I must say I was VERY excited to see that Joe Morelli was also in book 2. I thought he was going to be gone when book 1 finished. I was very happy to see he is a part of the cast of characters that is going to be sticking around. He is a great character, mysterious, sexy character
Liv.
Now Stephanie's back, armed with attitude -- not to mention stun guns, defense sprays, killer flashlights, and her trusty .38, Stephanie is after a new bail jumper, Kenny Mancuso, a boy from Trenton's burg. He's fresh out of the army, suspiciously wealthy, and he's just shot his best friend.

With her bounty hunter pal Ranger stepping in occasionally to advise her, Stephanie staggers kneedeep in corpses and caskets as she traipses through back streets, dark alleys, and funeral parlors.

And nobody k
Mike (the Paladin)
Personally driving a '53 Buick doesn't sound bad to me, and Steph manages to to end up in it a lot. She seems to destroy every car but this one. The best thing about these books is that they can be "fun". In this book Steph and her Grandma manage to to spend a lot of time in their Trenton neighborhood's primary social gathering place, Stiva's Funeral Home.

I'd say more but that would require a spoiler warning and you know how I hate those. (RIGHT)

Another book I listened to in my truck while at wo
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
I forgot how much fun the series can be and the sense of humor and how fast paced the books are. I really should get back to this series.

I liked the tension and banter between Morelli and Stephanie which made the book an enjoyable read. I wasn't sure about him in the first one but him likable in this. Also Stephanie's Grandma is awesome in this. Needs more Stephanie Ranger moments.

But it also has some weird and tense moments. Especially near the end. Pretty good sequel.
Nancy Steinle gummel
Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich is the follow up of her One for the Money. It involves Stephanie Plum the bounty hunter. Shes after Kenny Mancuso accused of shooting his best friend, Moogie Bues in the knee. Kenny happens to be one of Joe Morelli's cousin. Joe is the police detective who hangs around Stephanie because she takes too many chances. Kenny sends her a note to stop looking for him. Kenny has gotten suspiciously wealthy since his discharge from the army. Moogie was shot in the hea ...more
Veronica Morfi
Rating: 4/5

Stephanie Plum is the new bounty hunter in Trenton, and after her first big case she is going after some more easy targets. Kenny Mancuso was supposed to be one of those easy targets but she can't seem to find him anywhere and Joe Morelli, her old fling, cop and Kenny's cousin seems to be following her. Stephanie will go from stake outs to funeral homes to find Kenny and figure out why he doesn't want to be found.

This was the first Stephanie Plum novel I read and I can't say it disapp
Heather
I enjoyed One for the Money. The plot was entertaining, the setting was familiar in its otherness, and the characters were likable, well drawn and relatable. Furthermore, Stephanie Plum, the heroine, was rather humorous when remarking on the going’s on of the Berg and her family, and made me giggle at the situations she managed to find herself in. The pace was perfect for turning pages quickly, and before I knew it, I had completed the book. Naturally I wanted to keep reading, though I admit, I ...more
Catherine
It was cute, it was fun, but I don't know if I'll pick up the next. Too much description of clothes (hello Anita Blake) and the fun factor is wearing off.
Gabriella ♡
4.5

Stephanie Plum è la mia nuova eroina chick-lit preferita. Già, sono arrivata al punto in cui non ne posso proprio più fare a meno.
Ma quanto sono belli questi libri?
Quanto caspita è divertente Stephanie?
E quanto sono carini lei e Morelli insieme?
Oddio quanto ho riso. Ho riso a casa da sola, a casa a mezzanotte nel silenzio (dovendomi tappare la bocca perché altri dormivano), in pubblico (con una mano davanti alla faccia in modo che non mi prendessero per pazza).
Stephanie è un pericolo pubblic
Steph
I really enjoyed this book.

Kenny Mancuso has shot his old friend (Moogey) and has skipped bail, so Steph is out on the case to bring him in. Simple, right? Wrong!
Turns out Kenny is frickin bat-shit crazy.
He hurts, threatens and beats anyone who get's in his way (including old ladies, but more on that later), he cut his own damn finger off to see what would happen...
Honestly, he's a fruitcake!

The other 'bad guy' in this book is Spiro, who works in his dad's funeral home. Things go from bad
•Anna•
Nonna Mazur ed una calibro quarantacinque.
Morelli con i gioielli al vento dopo essere andato in bianco.

Niente di tutto questo ha prezzo.

"Sono invitato a pranzo?"
"No. Hai già avuto il budino. Se ti porto a casa per pranzo non molleranno più l'osso. Due inviti sono come un fidanzamento".

---
"Cosa ci fai qui? Ti avevo detto niente pranzo".
"Ti sto proteggendo. Ti aspetterò in macchina".
"Bene".
"Bene" ribatté Morelli.
"Stephanie" chiamò mia madre dalla porta. "Cosa ci fai là fuori con il tuo ragazzo?"
"H
anionce
Cómo me gustan Plum y Morelli. Y la abuela! Divertido, ameno y con mucho misterio, tengo ganas de continuar.
Eric_W
Evanovich is on a roll and her sequel to One for the Money, is Two for the Dough (guess what the third in the series is titled). It continues Stephanie’s career as a bounty hunter and is again populated with the same great characters. Joe Morelli, now back on the police force, is the old friend who keeps an eye on her, is probably in love with her, and can’t wait to check out her lingerie (the scene where she leaves him stranded in the middle of the street with no shorts on, then returns to give ...more
Kasia S.
Stephanie is back and she is treading deep waters as her assignments get more hairy and dangerous. Catching drunks and senile ladies who live at the train station is one thing but it's a whole other animal when Stephanie is in charge of apprehending Kenny Mancuso, a man with a very sick sense of humor and lust for chopping off people's body parts. Most of the parts come from the nearby funeral home that he's terrorizing and Stephanie sees this as the perfect opportunity to bring her wake loving ...more
Baylee
Okay, Stephanie Plum è ufficialmente la mia nuova droga. Tra lei, nonna Mazur, Lula e chi più ne ha più ne metta non riesco a staccarmi da questa serie.

Stephanie è la stessa imbranata del primo libro e, dato che a questo giro le tocca indagare nei dintorni delle prestigiose pompe funebri di Stiva, si fa accompagnare da nonna Mazur. E io adoro nonna Mazur. Le sue performance alle pompe funebri mi hanno fatto morire dal ridere (non che le altre siano da meno, comunque). Diciamo che quando la vedon
Linda
I guess this is almost exactly like One for the money. Stephanie Plum still takes stupid decisions which turn out to me mistakes, which , somehow, unbelievingly, leads her on the right path. Quite charming!
Grandma Mazur has a rather big role and is funny to begin with, but she is getting to unbelievable and I soon became tired of her. What I liked was the mystery about the caskets and the relationship between Stephanie and Morelli, who in this book is rather harmless. The fact that Stephanie al
aPriL eVoLvEs
Stephanie Plum is the prototype for many Reality TV show personalities, excepting 'Catfish'. 'Dog the Bounty Hunter' would be a perfect fit; however, it's clear she'd not only take over as the star, she'd raise the show's acuity level into a type of comedy for which you don't need to consume a couple of beers to feel like laughing. 'Two for the Dough' was written in 1996, so it's safe to say she was first. She lives in Trenton, New Jersey, but the series obviously predates 'Jersey Shore', and it ...more
Dana
It's easy to see why these books are so popular - an appealing main character and fun stories. If you're looking for purely escapist fiction, this is the series for you.

I would have been carted away. The divine tough-talking, impossibly inept bounty hunter Stephanie Plum is back, along with her entire cast of totally loony characters. Speaking of whom...let me just get a word of appreciation in for the long-suffering man of few words, Mr. Plum, Stephanie's father. His eloquent sighs, one-word ep
Loederkoningin
May 18, 2011 Loederkoningin rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Skinny girls willing to gain pounds
WOOhOO! Stephanie ditched the spandex in this second installment of the Stephanie Plum novels, but still happily blunders on as a bounty hunter, ever short on money, always crashing cars. I must confess that these books are such fluffy reads that I already moved on to Three to get Deadly and - although it's only been days -find it hard to remember what Two for the Dough was all about. I remember another bail jumper in need of catching, one that put body parts - including a chopped off penis (I s ...more
Barbara M.
5 Stars...I'm Loving this series!!!!!!

Oh my oh my oh my...I've found my new (expensive) addiction.

This book was so stinkin' funny! And you know it's good when you're on your back porch reading and all of a sudden you "ba ha ha ha" out of nowhere and it was loud enough to make you cover your mouth real quick and look around to see if anyone heard you laughing (and no, thank goodness, no one was outside at the time)....those of you that have read this will know which part I'm talking about. It's
TheGeekyBlogger
Bought for myself
Overall Rating 4.25
Story Rating 4.25
Character Rating 4.25
Audio Rating 3.75

NOTE: I am know I am one of the last people ever to start reading this series but better late than never right? It is as fun (so far) as people said. Stephanie Plum is one hot mess :)

Audio Review: C.J. Critt actually did a wonderful job with the narration. My problem was with the long pauses between chapters. I am guessing that it is because the book may have been recorded for cassette tape rendering.

Quick
David
Stephanie Plum is at it again. A bit more proficient and always able to get into trouble over and over again. Isn't it amazing that the bad guys are so obliging as to bounce back into her path over and over again?

In this series, Grandma is my favorite character. I get a real laugh out of her hobby (attending funeral home viewings) and her antics always are a good for a laugh.

Stephanie's love/hate relationship with Joe Morelli is always interesting as the two are always to trying to get the uppe
JG (The Introverted Reader)
Stephanie Plum is back and this time she's trying to hunt down Kenny Mancuso. Kenny shot one of his best friends in the knee and then returned later to finish the job. With the help of Morelli, Ranger, and the ever-loveable Grandma Mazur, maybe Stephanie can catch Kenny before Kenny catches her.

This book is just as fun and funny as the first of the series. Stephanie isn't a perfect heroine, but that's what makes her so appealing. And Morelli...what is there to say about Morelli? What a smokin' b
Ivonne Rovira
Janet Evanovich's sophomore novel on Stephanie Plum, a sassy, funny, plucky bounty hunter from Trenton, N.J., is just as fine as her debut novel, One For The Money. Evanovich's novels are the best thing going in detective fiction today. It's not often that real suspense and hilarity can coexist in a detective novel. (Lawrence Block is one of the few others who can pull it off.)

Be sure to read these books in order so you don't miss a thing. I won't have to recommend that you read all of the Steph
Mike
This is lightweight stuff -- modestly funny and easy to read. It struck me that there was no particular reason for this one to end. It felt as if Evanovich had decided that she had written enough pages and it was time to wrap it up. Had she desired, she could have had Stephanie continue to chase and be chased by the bad guy for several more chapters.

However, we all know that there are another 15 or so episodes to read, so that's a minor complaint.

I read these first two in the series because folk
Cute story overall, nice, easy read--although I put the book down for a few days and half forgot everything that had happened up to that point. Luckily, Stephanie Plum is quick to remind you of Morelli's drool-worthy physique and any random body parts that show up in her apartment. Evanovich has a great sense of humor and has some very creative ways to torture the unsuspecting guy (who totally deserves what's coming to him at the exact moment). I'm curious to see when Stephanie and Morelli are g ...more
강남풀싸위치 강남풀쌀가격 강남풀쌀위치 강남풀싸가격 9 11 Jan 19, 2015 06:53AM
Done with all the Stephanie Plum's 51 610 Aug 07, 2014 06:05PM
The Women's Myste...: #2 Two for the Dough 4 32 Jan 16, 2013 09:48PM
The # 1 New York Times Bestselling Author 4 40 Aug 20, 2012 06:44PM
Join in the discussions! 2 35 Mar 09, 2012 10:05PM
  • Curse of the Spellmans (The Spellmans, #2)
  • Killer in High Heels (High Heels, #2)
  • Q is for Quarry (Kinsey Millhone, #17)
  • 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3)
  • Killer Insight (Psychic Eye Mystery, #4)
  • Obsession, Deceit, and Really Dark Chocolate (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery #3)
  • Unmanned (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #4)
  • The Grilling Season (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #7)
  • Bubbles Ablaze (Bubbles Yablonsky, #3)
  • Murder Gets A Life (Southern Sisters Mystery, #5)
More about Janet Evanovich...

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)
  • Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
  • Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, #11)
One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3) Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4) Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6) Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)

“I ran three miles, staggered into the lobby, and took the elevator back to my apartment. No point to overdoing this exercise junk. --Stephanie Plum” 136 likes
“I know what you're thinking," Grandma said into the silence. "Do I have anymore bullets in this here gun? Well, with all the confusion, what with being locked up in a refrigerator, I plumb forgot what was in here to start with. But being that this is a 45 magnum, the most powerful handgun in existence, and it could blow your head clean off, you just got to ask yourself one question. Do you feel lucky today? Well, do you, punk?"

Christ," Spiro whispered. "She thinks she's f**king Clint Eastwood.”
82 likes