Start by marking “Cinq à sexe (Stephanie Plum, #5)” as Want to Read:
Cinq à sexe (Stephanie Plum, #5)

Cinq à sexe (Stephanie Plum #5)

4.17  ·  Rating Details ·  98,860 Ratings  ·  2,172 Reviews
Agent de cautionnement judiciaire à Trenton dans le New Jersey, (en clair : chasseuse de primes chez les ploucs), Stephanie Plum est quelque peu débordée. Son oncle Fred a disparu et, bien que sa grand-mère lui assure qu'il a été enlevé par les Martiens, elle promet à sa tante Mabel de lui retrouver son avare de mari. Mais comme Stephanie est fauchée, elle accepte égalemen ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 404 pages
Published June 12th 2003 by Pocket (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Cinq à sexe, please sign up.

Neshia Harvey Tipp not Tibbs. Found an answer in Chapter 13....I guess....

"Who are you watching?" Morelli flipped the kitchen light off. "Vito's…more
Harvey Tipp not Tibbs. Found an answer in Chapter 13....I guess....

"Who are you watching?" Morelli flipped the kitchen light off. "Vito's accounts-receivable person. Harvey Tipp." "You better be watching him close. Harvey's life expectancy might not be too good."

Then Later, at the end of the book Morelli says that they picked up Tipp and he squealed like a pig. I was thinking, "who the heck is Tipp again?" He's mentioned in three sentences in the whole book. geez. (less)
Brendan Belden It has some sexual nuances from a woman's point of view. Such as how her legs get weak from thinking of how he gave her an orgasm. Not too much…moreIt has some sexual nuances from a woman's point of view. Such as how her legs get weak from thinking of how he gave her an orgasm. Not too much lovemaking in the story but even one explicit paragraph is too much for younger readers. And she thinks about sex a lot.(less)

Choko
*** 4.25 ***

An outstanding monthly buddy read with the coolest gang in town, The BB&Bs!!!

""Problem is, you aren't living up to your earning potential," Lula said. "We only got chickenshit cases these days. What you need is to have a serial killer or a homicidal rapist jump bail. Those boys are worth something."
"Yeah, I'd sure like to get a case like that." Big fib. If Vinnie ever gave me a homicidal rapist to chase down I'd quit and get a job selling shoes.""

I want to belong to the Plum fa
The Holy Terror
I think my last status update says it all: "These books are such a cocktease." I don't know why I keep checking these out from the library. Some supernatural force keeps pulling me down the Mystery aisle and forcing these books into my hands. I can't explain my fascination otherwise.

I don't really like Stephanie, the mysteries are contrived and ridiculous, her family is annoying, the love triangle is BEYOND frustrating, and the constant addition of "let's see how crazy THIS supporting character
Jilly
May 05, 2016 Jilly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I don't get it," the driver said. "I hardly scraped against your car. Why would it explode like that?"

"That's what her cars do," Lula said. "They explode."

Stephanie is hell on wheels. Literally. Her crazy relationship with cars are some of the funniest parts of these books. She is singlehandedly putting the insurance companies out of business at this point. And, it's awesome.

soon...

In this book, Stephanie is looking for her Uncle Fred. Of course this job doesn't pay, and people keep getting m
Patrick Gibson
Ah, Stephanie—what has happened to your uncle who seems to have gone missing? Who cares? It’s the journey and not the . . . well, you know the rest. If you are reading this series from the beginning then you will get the jokes i.e. when the fire alarm goes off in the funeral home everyone looks towards Ms. Plum. She has a history. Evanovich has here style of writing perfected (good thing because there are nine more novels in this series)—short pithy sentences, detailing a swiftly moving story. L ...more
Tilly Slaton
Oct 27, 2011 Tilly Slaton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Broke. No one is skipping out on bail. Struggling with the lack of satisfaction .. in life .. and with the two sexiest men on the planet, Stephanie Plum finds herself intertwined in family drama when asked to investigate and locate her Uncle Fred.

Flying purple-headed piglet Vinnie, is making money left and right. He doesn’t play much of a role in this book, but that doesn’t keep the small statements from ripping gasping laughter from my gut.

“Vinnie’s overjoyed,” Connie said. “He’s making money b
Albert Balbutin
Jan 02, 2009 Albert Balbutin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was walking around Barnes and Noble book hunting when I came across a yellow book with a colorful title. It reminded me of the 80's and I love 80's-like colors.

I started reading the 1st page without looking at its premise and was already hooked on Stephanie Plum's explanation on how she was much like Barbie without pants. I remembered looking at Barbie dolls as a kid, in the 80's! So I bought the book. Note: im not gay.

80's color theme plus Barbie equals 80's for the win.

Oh, and Evanovich's na
Dorothy
Aug 27, 2008 Dorothy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of mysteries and strong women
I didn't find this entry quite as entertaining as #4, but it held my interest nevertheless.

In it, Stephanie is asked to find her Uncle Fred who has gone missing. As usual with her investigations, this leads her down strange and convoluted but ultimated connected roads.

Her luck (bad) with cars continues. They have a way of getting blown up or disappearing on her.

Her relationship with Morelli continues - on another level. She's moved out of his apartment and called off the sexual affair, but she c
Nancy Steinle gummel
High Five by Janet Evanovich is the fifth Stephanie Plum story I've read and I love them. Stephanie is sassy and funny getting herself in all kind of mischief. This one starts out with Aunt Mable looking for Uncle Fred. He went out to do errands locked his car and hasn't been seen since. As a favor for the family she decides to look into it. She visits Aunt Mabel and asks about Uncle Fred's errands. She makes a bee line for the check at CGR Trash Company. Then Mabel shows her the pictures she fo ...more
Morgan
Mar 28, 2016 Morgan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-the-love
1. I'm in love with Steph and Morelli
2. I'm even on board with Ranger (finally)
3. No offense to CJ Critt, but her voice for Briggs was THE WORST. Glad he's out of the picture. (also ready for Miss Lorelei King)
4. Grandma Mazur remains one of my favorites (along with Lula)
5. Steph needs an unlisted phone number and she also needs to move so these creeps can't find her (preferably back in with Morelli)
6. Too many swoon worthy/laugh out loud moments in this book. It was pretty solid.
7. WHAT WAS THA
Heather
Jan 25, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, mystery
I blew right through this one so I'll keep things brief...

Highlights include:
1. Ranger is in the wind
2. Ranger, no longer disguised as Batman, makes a play for Stephanie, yum
3. Stephanie beats a midget/little person
4. Morelli delivers the most curt, but steamy line yet that will send heat straight to your doodah. Raunchy yes, but true none the less.
Yukino
Jun 16, 2015 Yukino rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miei, 2015
Christa
Jul 17, 2008 Christa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
High Five is another quirky, often humorous mystery that features bounty hunter Stephanie Plum. In this book, Stephanie's Uncle Fred has gone missing, and her family thinks that she is just the one to find him. Uncle Fred's disappearance takes a sinister turn when his desk reveals photos of body parts. As Stephanie tries to find out what happened to him, several people she interview turn up dead and she must work to find out who is behind the murders. Stephanie's life is comlicated in this book ...more
ROSE
Oct 19, 2015 ROSE rated it it was amazing
Mais What !!!! C'est quoi cette fin???
Et bien sur je n'avais pas le tome suivant dans ma bibliothèque !!

Sinon : excellent moment. C'est drôle, intelligemment installé : bref du divertissement comme je l'aime !
rachel
Oct 04, 2013 rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2013
These books are egregiously formulaic, but they are cozies. You know what to expect, down to the types of plot minutiae Evanovich will use to fill in the gaps of Stephanie's life -- junk food, that damn hamster, racism, beautician trips. Her car will blow up. She'll get stalked.

And yet I love the sense of place that Evanovich creates with each of these books. It comforts me, all the squat, characterless brick apartment buildings and tiny, shuttered row homes of Trenton. The garbage in the street
Bhanuj
Aug 20, 2016 Bhanuj rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun read by Janet.

Morelli, ranger, lula, ramirez, Stephanie plum, cars blowing up, grandma mazur using stun gun; this book had everything and everyone, except for some hard core action from the hamster Rex.
Winter Sophia Rose
Laugh Out Loud, Enticing. Captivating & Exciting Read! I Loved It!
Samanthap3
May 01, 2009 Samanthap3 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again I've finished an another Janet Evanovich book. This time it's High Five. In High Five bail jumping in Trenton is down to a small rate. Stephanie's only open case is a small bond, for a small violation, committed by a small person who raises Stephanie's frustration level in big ways. So, short of money and long on bills, Stephanie comes up with a plan. Signing on as an intern with Super Bounty Hunter Ranger, Stephanie ventures into Ranger's mostly morally correct and "semi" legal opera ...more
J.W. Thompson
Jan 01, 2010 J.W. Thompson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was one of my favorites. I have read them all and recommend them to anyone who likes a laugh with their action.
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
This was a great one. Grandma Muzar is funny as always and of course Stephanie is still a mess but manages to always get the job done but with so much added fiascos and laughs.
Kristi, A Book Fanatic
Gotta love Stephanie Plum!! What could be better than a stun gunning Grandma, elderly neighbors packing heat, a midget that refuses to leave your house, a missing uncle, two very hot men that desire you, and exploding vehicles? Can't wait to read number 6!! :)
Michelle Kelly
Jul 31, 2010 Michelle Kelly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009-read
Serena.. Sery-ously?
Probabilmente risulterò ripetitiva, perché tutto ciò che ho scritto sui libri precendenti è vero anche per questa recensione.. E forse ciò potrebbe essere a svantaggio della Evanovich perché è un'autrice "ripetitivA" e c he rimane ancorata ai suoi schemi, ma che posso farci se ogni volta mi fa fare un sacco di risate e non vedo l'ora di sapere quale altra catastrofe aspetta Stephanie all'angolo?!
Ci sono degli elementi comuni che ritornano, come ad esempio le macchine che scoppiano (a causa di un
Brionna
Aug 30, 2008 Brionna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone looking for brain candy
What can I say? I'm hooked on these books. The writing is mediocre, to be sure. It's pulp-y and if I allow myself a half a second, I'm a bit offended by the first chapter of the next book being at the end of the book you just finished. It weakens your resolve AND assumes you care, which you do because you get sucked in by that first chapter and find yourself at Half-Price Books cursing the fact that they have every single one BUT the one you need (in my case, Hot Six and two weeks ago, Three for ...more
Jackie Lane
Feb 15, 2010 Jackie Lane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stephanie Plum, Bounty Hunter, is back.

Her Uncle Fred is missing and she is asked by her family to help locate him. Apparently he went out to Grand Union and the dry cleaners and was going to stop at the garbage company with a cancelled check because there was a mix up and he never came home.

Stephanie's latest FTA is Randy Briggs, a “little person”. While Stephanie was attempting to apprehend Briggs, she destroyed his door, his apartment got ransacked and Briggs tumbled down the stairs. Briggs s
Baylee
Dec 03, 2013 Baylee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, chick-lit
E' un brutto periodo per la nostra Stephanie: Vinnie, suo cugino e datore di lavoro, non ha recuperi da affidarle e siccome affitto e bollette non si pagano da sole, la nostra antieroina deve ancora una volta cercare un modo per far quadrare i conti.

Pensate forse che opti per fare la commessa? Nossignori! Stephanie va da Ranger, misterioso ed equivoco collega che l'ha – per così dire – iniziata alla professione di agente di recupero e gli chiede di trovarle qualcosa da fare. Non ci sarebbe nien
fleurette
Feb 11, 2017 fleurette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, comedy, mystery
I like Stephanie Plum series but I'm not one of those who love it. Still I like to read the book from time to time.

This time Stephanie is involved in the case of her uncle Fred missing. The case becomes more complicated with every page. Stephanie has some time to spend on it since there is no people to hunt for money. She also starts to work for Ranger and loses one car after another.

I's a really nice and funny read, though there are also some parts that are rather ridiculous. Like Briggs living
Stephanie Burkhart
Evanovich pens another delightful romp with Stephanie Plum through Trenton, New Jersey with "High Five." Uncle Fred has gone missing and it's slow at the bond agency so Stephanie decides to help out and look for her uncle. Unfortunately, all she gets is trouble.

Stephanie meets with Aunt Mabel and learns Fred was in a dispute with the garbage company. She discovers Fred was cheap, a cheater, and had photos of a dead person. She reports them to the police. Soon she's being followed by a bookie nam
Catherine
May 25, 2009 Catherine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookcrossing
I was just about to go out and buy this and Seven Up when I spotted a Bookcrossing copy on a shelf of books waiting to be released. I wasn't sure if I should be glad I'd no longer any need to spend the money or annoyed that I had needlessly stopped at the end of book 4 the other week.

Started this one on Sunday morning and bang! straight back up to speed with Stephanie and the gang. I like the way that the backstory is filled in as and when needed in a quick sentence or two when other authors mig
Nicole
May 22, 2012 Nicole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book had to be the most interesting of the five I have read so far. Benito Ramirez is back, Stephanie gets into a brawl with a midget, and her uncle has creepy photos of a dead person hidden away in his desk. What is not to love about this book? I also felt that in this book we got to see Stephanie start to mature a little bit more, she's exercising more and she isn't doing that bad of a job being a bounty hunter/working for Ranger. Except for the explosions, midget brawls, and losing a 15 ...more
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

In Dept

Best Part:
Grandma!
Worst Part: Slow going.
Thoughts Had: hey!; creepyyyyy; bored.

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yes

Short Review: This one was a bit more boring to me at least. I did
  • Hero at Large
  • The Spellmans Strike Again (The Spellmans, #4)
  • I is for Innocent (Kinsey Millhone, #9)
  • 5 Bodies to Die For (Body Movers, #5)
  • Fudge Cupcake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #5)
  • Foul Play (Sofie Metropolis, #3)
  • Bubbles Betrothed (Bubbles Yablonsky, #5)
  • Not One Clue (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #6)
  • Killer Insight (Psychic Eye Mystery, #4)
  • Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels (Bobbie Faye, #2)
  • Revenge of the Wrought-Iron Flamingos (Meg Langslow, #3)
More about Janet Evanovich...

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
  • Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2)
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
  • Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, #11)

“How many times have I told you not to hit people in the face. You kick them in the body where it doesn't show.” 169 likes
“Almost everybody I know has died,” Grandma said. “Bunch of wimps.” 88 likes