Start by marking “Ravage (Deviants, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ravage (Deviants, #3)

Ravage (Deviants #3)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  454 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
The war against BioZenith is on.

Since she first came into her mysterious new superpowers, Emily has watched one of her packmates disappear through an interdimensional portal; she’s been hunted by creepy, body-snatching Shadowmen; she’s managed to form an alliance with the same telekinetic cheerleaders who once tried to take her down; and she’s discovered that her believed-
Published January 22nd 2013 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about Ravage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ravage

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareUnravel Me by Tahereh MafiEverbound by Brodi AshtonBoundless by Cynthia HandLet the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
Amazing Covers of 2013
113th out of 446 books — 972 voters
Clockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareUnravel Me by Tahereh MafiThe Elite by Kiera CassEverbound by Brodi AshtonBoundless by Cynthia Hand
Beautiful Book Covers of 2013
173rd out of 587 books — 2,138 voters

More lists with this book...

JeanBookNerd
Feb 21, 2013 JeanBookNerd rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Jeff Sampson’s fiery trilogy, The Deviants, comes to a powerful conclusion in Ravage. The series started with Vesper which the main protagonist, the very normal Emily, discovered that she is a werewolf. The second book, Havoc, tells how learned that she and other members of her wolfpack became werewolves. Ravage tells a very intriguing story about perhaps the most important question…why?

When Emily started noticing that her former best friend, Megan, began appearing in places she goes, Emily can’
Shugufa
Jun 21, 2013 Shugufa rated it really liked it
SPOILER ALERT**** CONTAINS SOME MAIN PARTS OF THE STORY EVENTS!!!
I really liked this!! It was descriptive and it was so cool that they could control their powers!! However I gave it four stars though cuz it dragged a bit with the whole "we have to destroy biozenith" deal. I also got really upset when Megan got possessed and then was killed by Emily herself.. I mean I understood why she had to do it but it was really sad:( I was about to have a heart attack when I thought that spencer had died!!
Missc
Jan 28, 2014 Missc rated it did not like it
Is it just me or does a horrible last installment always ruin the memories of the rest of the series? I don't know if I never realized it before or if I just brushed it off in the first 2 books, but I really do not like Jeff Sampson's style of writing. At all. The dialogue and banter between the characters is so cheesy, and I felt like I was rereading chapters because everything was so repetitive. I felt like a lot of things that occurred in the book was very random and didn't really add up. The ...more
Jules Goud
Guess what? I FINALLY KNOW WHAT A VESPER AND DEVIANT IS!

Everything gets explained, thankfully.

All the stuff that made this series a little bit confusing is now understood. I now think that those pages from reports are nifty ideas.

I did like the ending to this series. Everything gets explained and nothing is rushed. Also, the ending isn't gift wrapped and tied with a bow.

Everyone in this series comes a long way. The deviants that have these alter egos learn how to be both. That by themselves, th
Valerie Rojas
Aug 11, 2012 Valerie Rojas rated it really liked it
Shelves:
This is the best book ever. Adore the cover and reading the summary just made me scream. But then when I saw the day it would come out I screamed again but in a mad way. I want to win this contest because I never win a contest like this. I would keep this book and add it to my collection of my other two books ( vesper and havoc) to complete the deviants novel trilogy. I have read each book twice and I read the summary for ravage like 50 times!!!! I hope I win so fingers crossed!
Booknut
The final battle has begun. And The Deviants are more than ready to kick some shadowman ass.

Loyalties will be tested.
Friendships forged.
Abilities discovered and wielded.
Allies uncovered.
Hearts broken.
Spirits ignited.

One thing's for certain. The Deviants aren't here to lose. They will do anything to protect those they love. And the bad guys are going down!
Cynthia
Aug 25, 2013 Cynthia rated it it was amazing
He smiled back. “I do know. That’s why I love yo—um.” He swallowed the last word and his face went red.

And I was like, aww Spencer is so cute!
Nicole Fowler
This book and this series really caught me by surprise in a good way. With storylines like these, involving high schoolers, shadowpeople and werewolves, either the endings are disappointing, the writing gets cheesy, and/or the dialogue and events kind of lose my interest.
But this book kept me turning page after page, leaving me entangled and intrigued by Emily's story and how it was going to end. For this I am glad, because I really just enjoyed this series- it was nice to relax with, and easy
Karissa
Mar 07, 2013 Karissa rated it really liked it
This is the third, and final, book in the Deviants series by Sampson. This was by far the strangest book of the three, it was still very engaging and very readable. I’ve enjoyed the interesting mesh of paranormal, aliens, and genetic engineering that takes place in this series.

Emily is the leader of the pack of Vespers who can now morph into their hybrid state which combines the best of their normal state, nighttime state, and werewolf personalities. In the last book parts of the puzzle as to h
Haley
Jan 15, 2016 Haley rated it it was amazing
This series is amazing and has been kind of under the radar. Not many people know it’s out there. I was happy when I read Vesper. And now with this third and final book, I am sad to let it go, but happy that it ended well and epically. If you are a fan of series like Maximum Ride by James Patterson or Darkest Power and Darkness Rising series by Kelly Armstrong. This series is sci-fi with a paranormal edge, or vice versa. And it even has a kick-butt girl main character that’s a bit of a pop cultu ...more
Brooke Barone
Nov 03, 2015 Brooke Barone rated it really liked it
The ending seemed rushed and abruptly cut short. I hate how some authors end a book with an ending that feels like another book could be written. If it the last book of the series I want to have finality at the end of that book. Not an open "who knows where life will take me tomorrow" that's the point of an ending, I need to know where life took her tomorrow and where they ended up. They were all homeless and some had no family/parents left. Did they just go home and back to school? What about d ...more
star_fire13
Wow! This one was even BETTER! I don't see any other books listed for the series, but I really hope there's more to come! Even though there's already been 3 [and trilogies are the thing right now], there's so much room for more story. I can see this going the route of The Lying Game, where there's just book after book after book. Although, he seems to be writing them all personally, so they'll probably only be one released per year, not a million lol

But yeah. I know this book caught up to the ti
Clarisse (Clarity)
This last book in the Vesper trilogy does not live up to its expectations, if it had any to begin with.

When I read this book, I was into it just solely to see if there were any explanations on what Emily and her fellow Deviants were, and all we got were a cult-like religion that humans believed in that stemmed from 'shadowmen' (shadowbeings) from an alternate dimension. There was just so few indications of this plot twist in the first two books that I just thought this was a deux-ex-machina sor
Alicia
May 06, 2014 Alicia rated it it was amazing
This book was my favorite out of all 3!! Watching the characters grow and change into someone completely new was amazing! I do wish there was a part that told what dalton went through in the other "world" !!! Left me wanting more and that ending....hopefully there will be more to come!?!? Maybe a spin off series! Something!!
Sonia Gutierrez
Dec 18, 2015 Sonia Gutierrez rated it it was amazing
Great conclusion to the series. So many feels and love the way that the formatting from the previous books tied into the story of this final book. I usually feel like there should be more to a series like this but this one ended perfectly. Would totally recommend people read this, especially one book after the other.
Candice
Apr 29, 2016 Candice rated it really liked it
I was absolutely hooked on this book. It is a page turner and very difficult to put down. The storyline was very interesting and I loved the imagination and creativity. I will definitely be recommending this book to people in the future. Great job, Jeff!!
Tamika Grey
boring...
Laura Prater
Aug 12, 2013 Laura Prater rated it it was amazing
Wow. What an emotional, action-packed book. I couldn't put it down and was so mad when I had to.

Emily as a normal girl I can so relate to. I was her in high school. I just loved how she was finally able to embrace what she actually is.

The hardest part was reading about her emotions regarding Megan. Those were tough and I was emotional, especially towards the end of the book.

This authors writing style really captures a reader and I really respect that.
Pamela
Jun 10, 2013 Pamela rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
This was a step up from book two, but it still left me wanting more....answers, romance, a true ending. As I understand it, this was the last book for the series, however, I felt like we really are left with no real conclusion. I don't always need my endings tied with a bow per say, but I do like to feel sme sense of completion. Overall, it was still a pretty interesting read, based on a unique concept.
Thais Pampado
Jul 15, 2015 Thais Pampado rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-it
4.5 stars.

The only reason I'm not giving this 5 full stars is because there was something that ended up not being explained at the end, so it seemed like it was used just as a way to direct the plot a certain way and wasn't really useful to the plot as a whole. But other than that this book was just as addictive as the others (and a lot crazier too) and a great ending to the series.
Echantra
Apr 27, 2015 Echantra rated it it was amazing
Angela
Jun 29, 2013 Angela rated it really liked it
I liked the action in this book the most. I guess it's was a wrap up ending. But there was definitely enough there to keep it going or make a new series with them hunting down the other vespers. Funny the few things that bother me are: where will they go with no money, are they going to steel everything? and why the hell can't they ever go home? Silly I know...
Valeria
Aug 11, 2012 Valeria rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
I cant wait to read this book.So after reading the first two books I was raging with excitement!!!!!!! I couldn't wait to read the next book but then I found out the third book wasn't even on sale. So I am hoping that I win this give away because I am one of this people who never win contest, like at all. Fingers crossed and wish me luck!!!!! Hope I win.
Jessica Dawn
Dec 11, 2013 Jessica Dawn rated it really liked it
WHY WHY WHY
Did so many people have to die?
I liked Megan. I liked Emily's family, why does this book have SUCH a shitty ending?
OH.

AND THANKS FOR THE HEART ATTACK WHEN SPENCER 'DIED'

Other than that it was still a page turner and I loved it.

But all the deaths cost you a whole star mister so sit and think about what you've done!
Guen
Feb 10, 2013 Guen rated it it was amazing
Jeff Sampson wasn't kidding when he said 'shiz gets crazy.' I loved every second of Ravage, with it's diverse cast of characters, heart wrenching twists and most of all--the amazingly crafted story (and how everything just comes into a full circle, from Vesper to Ravage). Ravage is easily one of my favorite books of 2013.
Mimi Zane
Oct 13, 2014 Mimi Zane rated it it was amazing
I love this series! This is the last book to the trilogy of vesper. This book was the longest, filled with plenty of twists and unsuspected turns I did not see coming. I highly recommend this series to fans of Patrick Carman's Dark Eden and Dan Krokos The False Memory.
Sep 28, 2015 Sarah rated it did not like it
I really liked the beginning of this series - but the twist in this one that turned everything into a weird religious cult thing was just too strange for me to really enjoy. Also, too many people died
Spoiler:
I really hated how the delgado family disintegrated.
Louisa
Oct 30, 2013 Louisa rated it it was amazing
What a great book, and a great ending to the series! Things got explained, and the things between Bio, and the Vesper Company, and yeah, I wish we got a bit on her dad and step mom and sister, and the Cooke parents, but great book, and great ending! Loved it!
Mo Bello
Apr 10, 2013 Mo Bello rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: peole that like to be let down the the end of a book
The plot of this book was good but the ending was a real let down for me. Sure her friend deserved to die(no offense) no one in their right mind should want to be possesed, but why did her best friend have to be the one to kill her. Thats just insane.
Brandee Terry
Sep 19, 2014 Brandee Terry rated it it was ok
I think this series went way down hill from the first book.
Saw the Giveaway want the book 1 5 Dec 03, 2012 11:22AM
  • The Key (The Magnificent 12, #3)
  • Fangtabulous (Vamped, #4)
  • The Voyage of Lucy P. Simmons
  • Rescuing Seneca Crane (Kari + Lucas Mysteries, #2)
  • Wolven (Wolven, #1)
  • The Mirrored Shard (Iron Codex, #3)
  • Furious
  • The Elementals (The Vespertine, #3)
  • A Touch Menacing (A Touch Trilogy, #3)
  • A Stir of Bones (Red Heart of Memories, # 0.5)
  • Time's Daughter
  • Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath (Real Mermaids, #2)
  • The Lost Letters of Brother Gabriel (The Dark Divine, #2.5)
  • Sweet Legacy (Medusa Girls, #3)
  • Impostor (Slide, #2)
  • The Mask of Destiny (Billionaire, #3)
  • Thornhill (Hemlock, #2)
  • Snow-Walker (The Snow Walker, #1-3)
My writing history: I’ve been involved with children’s publishing for the past 11 years now — I got my start right out of high school, just after turning 18. Since then I’ve published eight books for children and young adults, with six more currently scheduled for release and in various stages of being written and edited. I’ve also contributed material to ten or so other books by other authors and ...more
More about Jeff Sampson...

Deviants (3 books)