Start by marking “Druidcraft: The Magic Of Wicca & Druidry” as Want to Read:
Druidcraft: The Magic Of Wicca & Druidry

Druidcraft: The Magic Of Wicca & Druidry

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In this down-to-earth, inspiring guide, Philip Carr-Gomm offers a name for this Path that draws on the common beliefs and practices of both Druidry and Wicca.
Paperback
Published September 5th 2002 by Thorsons Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Druidcraft, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Druidcraft

Silas
I listened to the audio version of this book, which is quite well narrated, particularly the story parts. I enjoyed the inclusion of music, but some of the pieces did stretch out the length of the book a bit.

I found the exploration of the ways that Druidry and Wicca interact quite interesting, as I combine elements of both of them already. This is still aimed at someone rather new to the path, but it is quite well crafted, and not overwhelmingly long. I would recommend it if you are interested i
Jade
Philip Carr-Gomm, psychologist and one of the leaders of the Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids, attempts to show a combination of two well-known religious paths in this book: Druidcraft, which draws upon beliefs and practices of both Wicca and Druidry. He does so in a logical and lyrical build-up of seven chapters, and even includes a final chapter on his resources (which is something I really appreciated personally).

Each chapter starts out with a chant or spell that represents the chapter’s the
Judith
I think I first read this when I was very new to paganism, and I didn't really understand it then. Now I'm so much further and enjoyed reading it very much. The way Wicca and duidery are connected in the book really opened my eyes to the various different pagan paths that all havo commonalities but practice in a different way. It's more about finding what you resonate with.
At least the way the book is structured and written resonates with me. The poems, the myths, the dialogue and the history ar
Peter
A clever book, if a bit campy with the 2nd person walk-through. It may be alright for some, and I understand why it was used, but it detracts from the book, in my opinion. I like the use of clips from different myths, legends, and folklore to illustrate some points, but it was written with such an idyllic vision of a sacred/learning space that I kept waiting for the unicorns to stroll in.

If you've ever considered blending Druidry and Wicca, or are even interested in the concept, it's a good book
Kelly
Nov 06, 2008 Kelly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone intrested in druidry and wicca
i liked this book alot.great if your interested in blending both paths.I honestly love all of philip's work.
Paul
The audiobook version is priceless.
Lisa Mitchem
Lisa Mitchem marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Xombiepanda
Xombiepanda marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Scook1805
Scook1805 marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Jessica Whitten
Jessica Whitten marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Myrrdin Greyoak
Myrrdin Greyoak marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Bill
Bill marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
MJ Van Steenberg
MJ Van Steenberg is currently reading it
Sep 01, 2014
Eva Stallaert
Eva Stallaert is currently reading it
Sep 01, 2014
Luca
Luca added it
Aug 28, 2014
Danni
Danni marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Despina Bellos
Despina Bellos marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Chad
Chad marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Artful Existence
Artful Existence marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Philip Carr-Gomm was born in London, raised in Notting Hill Gate, and educated at Westminster School and University College London.

He met his first spiritual teacher, Ross Nichols, the founder of The Order of Bards Ovates & Druids, when he was 11. He began studying with him when a teenager, and joined the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids at 18. He studied meditation with Olivia Robertson in Ir
More about Philip Carr-Gomm...
The Druid Animal Oracle The Book of English Magic The Druid Craft Tarot The Druid Way: A Journey Through an Ancient Landscape Druid Mysteries: Ancient Wisdom for the 21st Century