Start by marking “A Really Cute Corpse (Claire Malloy, #4)” as Want to Read:
A Really Cute Corpse (Claire Malloy, #4)

A Really Cute Corpse (Claire Malloy #4)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  591 ratings  ·  12 reviews
When Claire Malloy's best friend Luanne Bradshaw goes down with a badly sprained ankle, someone must fill in her shoes as Thurberfest beauty Pageant coordinator and usher a bevy of aspiring beauty queen through the two-day event. Enter Claire Malloy to the rescue. But this is one job Claire would gladly be fired from. Now, already fending off a hostile theater owner, and o ...more
Published February 6th 2007 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about A Really Cute Corpse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Really Cute Corpse

Marfita
This was okay. I prefer the Maggody series but I was desperate. Oh, lovely - it's about a beauty contest that Claire Malloy is bullied into helping with. Hmmm. Been there. [Gah! Don't ask.]
Is someone trying to assassinate the soon-to-be-former Miss Thurberville? How many times can Claire be wrong before she has eliminated all other possibilities and finally hit on the right criminal? How annoying can her adolescent daughter be? Why won't her friend Luanne ever answer the phone? That's a "dead h
Karen
I like the author's way with words and dry sense of humor. This book was different in that the first murder doesn't happen until half way through the book. I do prefer the Maggody series.
Kyrie
It's a bit sarky and so I like it. I also liked that it had me guessing at things, reguessing, changing back to my my original choice, haring off in another direction and not making me feel like my brain was stressed.
It's light, it's funny, it's pretty good.
Ginger Leroy
one of the first in her series. because of its age, and current technology it just wasn't all that enjoyable. I figured out the killer mid way. too few really worthwhile plot twists
Shirley
One more Joan Hess. Even though by now I can see her pattern, still enjoy the sarcastic humor. This one especially entertaining with her caustic comments about small town beauty pageants.
Charlene Gordon
Ok book. Not as good as her Maggody series. Read this on 1998.
Daelith
I always enjoy this author's sense of humor. She had me laughing and chuckling several times with this book.
Shirley Plummer
The puzzle is interesting. I am not taken with the characters as much would like.
Levy Roberge
Fun, quick, predictable with a twist.
Jeanette
this was just an ok read.
Aj
What fun to read these books
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Pamela Ennis
Pamela Ennis marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Jennifer Cottrell-Hoffman
Jennifer Cottrell-Hoffman is currently reading it
Jul 01, 2015
Donna Schmitt
Donna Schmitt marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
  • Engaged to Die (Death on Demand, #14)
  • Honeymoon With Murder (Death on Demand, #4)
  • Murder in the Queen's Armes (Gideon Oliver, #3)
  • The Alpine Advocate (Emma Lord Mystery, #1)
  • A Wicked Slice (Lee Ofsted, #1)
  • South Of Sanity (Hannah Garvey Mystery #2)
  • The Mummers' Curse (Amanda Pepper, #7)
Joan Hess is the author of both the Claire Malloy and the Maggody mystery series. She is a winner of the American Mystery Award, a member of Sisters in Crime, and a former president of the American Crime Writers League. She lives in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

Joan Hess also writes a mystery series under the pseudonym of Joan Hadley.

Series contributed to:
. Crosswinds
. The Year's 25 Finest Crime and Mys
More about Joan Hess...

Claire Malloy (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Strangled Prose (Claire Malloy, #1)
  • The Murder at the Murder at the Mimosa Inn (Claire Malloy, #2)
  • Dear Miss Demeanor (Claire Malloy, #3)
  • A Diet to Die For (Claire Malloy, #5)
  • Roll Over and Play Dead (Claire Malloy, #6)
  • Death by the Light of the Moon (Claire Malloy, #7)
  • Poisoned Pins (Claire Malloy, #8)
  • Tickled to Death (Claire Malloy, #9)
  • Busy Bodies (Claire Malloy, #10)
  • Closely Akin to Murder (Claire Malloy, #11)
Malice in Maggody (Arly Hanks, #1) Strangled Prose (Claire Malloy, #1) Mischief in Maggody (Arly Hanks, #2) The Murder at the Murder at the Mimosa Inn (Claire Malloy, #2) Martians in Maggody (Arly Hanks, #8)