Start by marking “Murder By The Way (Kennedy Killingsworth, #3)” as Want to Read:
Murder By The Way (Kennedy Killingsworth, #3)

Murder By The Way (Kennedy Killingsworth #3)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  505 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
280 pages
Published (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Murder By The Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder By The Way

Cindi
Nov 03, 2015 Cindi rated it it was ok
Racquel
Nov 23, 2012 Racquel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Cristy
Sep 30, 2015 Cristy rated it really liked it
Overall it was a good series. However, Betsy Brannon Green tends to keep the same character in peril for way too many books! Come on how many times in a three or four month period can one person be around murder in a sleepy town? Change it up have new characters come into play, have her move to a different or bigger city, for crying out loud! Or move onto a different series don't make it sound so far fetched! That being said this was the best book of the series and it tied everything up nicely! ...more
Angie
Aug 28, 2012 Angie rated it really liked it
I would give this 3.5 stars...

To me personally not quite as good as the other 2 "Kennedy" books but still a good read! I missed Kennedy's love of books that made me instantly identify with her in the first book. I did like the twist and turns and was a satisfying book over all. :)
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Jul 29, 2012 Aimee (Getting Your Read On) rated it really liked it
Another great book in the Kennedy series. It's always a jolly adventure in the small southern town with Kennedy and gang. My only complaint is that there is NEVER enough of Luke AND Kennedy. Never. Other than that, a fun read. :) LDS fiction.
Jennie
Jun 12, 2012 Jennie rated it it was amazing
I love Betsy Green's southern voice. The dialog is great and the mystery was fun to unravel.
Ines
Aug 23, 2012 Ines rated it really liked it
I knew it! I was hoping it wouldn't be him, but it was. Still a great read though!
Kathryn
Oct 05, 2012 Kathryn rated it liked it
Shanda
I really enjoyed the first two books in this series (Murder By the Book and Murder By Design) so I was excited to receive Murder By the Way for review. The beginning of the story was more “tell” than the rest as Kennedy reviews the events of the last little while, but the writing is good. Once things got going, it didn’t take long for me to find the rhythm of the story.

While Kennedy is an interesting character to me, and I’ve enjoyed seeing a bit of her toughness soften with her love for Luke, i
Sheila
Jul 29, 2012 Sheila rated it really liked it
Murder By the Way is the third book in the Kennedy Killingsworth series. It is just as good as the first two books in the series. I love the inclusion of the familiar and comfortable characters that Betsy Brannon Green's readers have come to know and love. Some examples are Miss Eugena, Miss Ida Jean, Winston, Mark and Kate. These are characters from The Haggerty Series that I absolutely love!

Once again Betsy's books are full of mystery, intrigue, humor, and of course a lot of good food that the
Inspired Kathy
Dec 21, 2012 Inspired Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012

I read this series out of order. Covenant sent me a copy of Murder by the Way for review. I really enjoyed it but when I started it I didn't realize it was book 3 in a series. Once done I went back and started over with the first book to catch up on what I missed. So yes this can be read as a stand alone but I recommend reading from the start of the series.

I enjoyed not knowing who was the good guy and who was the bad guy throughout these books. There were enough twist and turns to keep me guess
Rachael
Oct 06, 2012 Rachael rated it it was amazing
I don't know what to say about my favorite mystery novel author. I have loved her stories since her first book was published when I read it as a demo copy from the bookstore I worked at. I somehow, life has been crazy, missed her second book in this series and look forward to catching up on some 'middle' story. I also picked up the first in this series and look forward to re-reading it, um now.

The only thing I had a problem with was the editing. But that wouldn't let me keep the story below 5 s
Tiffeny
Sep 04, 2014 Tiffeny rated it it was ok
This book was probably 2 1/2 Stars for me. Betsy Brannon Green is one of the few LDS authors that I really like. I thought this book was a little slow. Not bad, just not as good as the previous ones I've read. There were some twists and turns at the end. I liked it well enough.
Susan
Jan 13, 2013 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: lds-novels
Actually, I would probably give this book a 3.5 rating. I thought it was kind of boring for about 2/3 of the way through the book, but then the last 1/3 was really great.

In this book, Kennedy finally marries Luke Scoggins. However, Luke must leave an hour after their wedding, and so she is left alone. Drake calls and offers her $1000 to be a consultant to his team, which is coming back to Haggerty to finish the renovations they had started. However, after a few days, Kennedy sees that things are
Dan
Jul 29, 2015 Dan rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, lds-fiction
I didn't realize when I picked up this book that is was the third in a series. But I didn't feel like I was missing out too much because Ms. Green did a good job filling in the essential details. I'm not typically a mystery person, but I found this book enjoyable. However, I felt awkward for Kennedy who, as a married woman, spent way too much time with other men who were obviously romantically interested in her. It just didn't feel right. What stood out to me though, was the emphasis on food. Mo ...more
Sandy
Dec 01, 2013 Sandy rated it really liked it
As Kennedy Killingsworth prepares to step into the next phase of her life alongside her soon-to-be husband, Luke, the past reemerges and interrupts with full force. Luke is suddenly called away to testify at a Marine Corps trial and is forced to leave Kennedy soon after they are declared husband and wife. Then an old business associate, Drake Langston, announces he is returning to Midway to finish renovating the town and needs Kennedy's help to smooth things over with the locals. Kennedy jumps o ...more
Marci
Aug 04, 2013 Marci rated it liked it
Well. This book ended spectacularly, and managed to pull it all together, despite the slow first hundred pages or so, and the sometimes annoying main character, Kennedy. The villain of this book put all of her others to shame in my view. They were rather twisted, and more than a bit scary at the end.

All in all, this book was quite delightful. Many of your old favourite characters return, such as Miss. Eugenia, Mark, George Anne (a character you love to dislike), and many of her newer characters.
Erin
Oct 21, 2014 Erin rated it liked it
I like Betsy Brannon Green mysteries. They're light and fun, and I fully recognize that you have to suspend a certain amount of "reality" and not get too hung up on how you think things would actually happen in an investigation. This one stretched the limits a bit. It tied up some loose ends, but I felt like the characters fell a little flat and the twist at the end was more like a "pick you up and stand you on your head, nothing you thought was true, is true." I will keep reading her books thou ...more
Angela
Sep 11, 2012 Angela rated it it was amazing
This is probably my favorite book in the series. I love when I can get into a story enough that I'm not really focused on trying to figure out who the bad guy is.

I was relatively surprised, though not completely taken off guard by the conclusion. It seemed to fit and it really tied the books together.

My only worry is that this means there won't be any more books in this series! I really love all of the characters from Haggarty and the surrounding areas, so I'd hate to think there is no more fr
Kelli
Jul 17, 2012 Kelli rated it liked it
Not as amazing as some of her other books, but still enjoyable, although a little boring. One thing that kind of bothered me was that it didn't really explain Drake's fascination with her. He claims to have come back to finish the project in Midway just to convince her to be on his team, but she doesn't even have any skills that merit that kind of attention. I had a hard time getting past that. And I wish Luke was in the book a little more since he is my favorite one but I think I will always li ...more
Julie Johnson
Apr 25, 2013 Julie Johnson rated it liked it
As one of my favorite mystery writers, I always look forward to Betsy Brannon Green's new books. I have to say though, this one wasn't one of my favorites...I liked it, but felt it took a while to get moving, also think I was just a little tired of Sloan and found it hard to understand his whole obsession with Kennedy. I wanted more of Luke in the story too. But do always love the authors sense of humor, clean writing and southern hospitality! Will be looking forward to her next book.
Samantha
Sep 21, 2012 Samantha rated it liked it
This was my least favorite of the author's books, though I still enjoyed it. It felt like it took a long time to really get into the mystery part of the story (like half way into the book), I was almost bored waiting for something to happen. Some of the conclusions the characters drew seemed unsubstantiated to me. I definitely prefer her Haggerty books to her ones about Kennedy. I do love that we still get to see a lot of Miss Eugenia, she may be my favorite character in this book.
Katie W
Jul 07, 2012 Katie W rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-suspense
Kennedy is finally marrying Luke, but they find out he has to leave (military) on their wedding day. To keep busy, Kennedy finds herself helping Drake with another real estate project. She unknowingly finds herself back in the middle of another mystery.

I love these Southern characters! They're so unique and fun. Kennedy really learns some patience in this book, which really adds to her character.

It is a murder-mystery, but no graphic details, no language. Clean.
Katie
Jul 16, 2012 Katie rated it it was ok
It was probably my fault I didn't like this book as much as everyone else... I didn't read the first two books!! The story was decent although I really didn't get Kennedy a lot of the time. I think it was lame how she got weak in the knees when her just married husband tells her he missed her...? Kinda strange especially considering this is her second marriage. I was also confused about some of the characters but that was mostly my fault for not reading the first two books.
Lisa
Nov 01, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it
This third in the series of Kennedy Killingsworth books is better than the other two and is a fun read. There are some continuity errors (e.g., the protagonist gets a ride with another person but returns home in her own vehicle), but only a few. The characters are interesting and the plot is fun to follow, although I recommend reading the first two books before reading this one because of the characters and situations that carry over from one to the next.
April
Jul 07, 2012 April rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, lds-fiction
listening on CD. Kennedy marries Luke. He is immediately taken away to testify at a military trial. In the meantime, Drake Langston has returned with his team and is building a the housing complex he originally planned and renovating the town hall. Prisoners escape from a prison van accident and a woman dies. How are they linked? Do Drake and his team play a roll?
Kennedy nearly dies finding out. Cade plays the role of hero.
Kaye
May 11, 2013 Kaye rated it liked it
Kennedy Killingsworth marries and before the honeymoon can start finds her husband whisked off to testify in a military trial. This gives her time to step into another mystery. There is a car accident, escaped convicts and a land developer that wants her help in getting people to sell their land. Not sure if this was the last or just the latest in the series but things all get neatly wrapped up.
Patricia
Aug 21, 2012 Patricia rated it liked it
Rating: 2.5
This is the third book in the series and in each book the story seemed to strain credibility of what law enforcement would allow from non-law enforcement. (I recognize that this is a work of fiction but fiction has to invite the reader in and, within that fictional environment, make the reader "believe" what he/she is reading.) I will read further books in this series.
Gayle
Jul 17, 2013 Gayle rated it really liked it
I enjoyed listening to the audiobook of this third story in the Kennedy Killingsworth series. It was fun to see more of the quirky characters from the small-town Georgia setting. I was surprised by the twist at the end (I love it when I'm actually surprised in a mystery!) and thought the narrator did a great job with the accents and character voices.
Barb
Sep 08, 2012 Barb rated it liked it
This is the third mystery by Betsy Brannon Green that I've read this past year. They are all purchased from LDS bookstores, so I imagine she is an LDS author. This book wraps up a continuing story started in Murder by the Book. The stories are clean and somewhat predictible, but I like them either in spite of that, or because of it.
  • Deep Cover
  • Undercover saint
  • Trespass (Traitor, #3)
  • Rearview Mirror
  • Legend of the Jewel (Isabelle Webb, #1)
  • Deadly Undertakings
  • Cold Justice
  • Do Over (Alpine, #4)
  • Dead Wrong
  • Dangerous Connections
"WELCOME!!!!!

If you're not familiar with my books, I write mystery-suspense novels. I am LDS (Mormon) and so are some of my characters, but I have loyal readers from many different faiths. My goal is to engage the reader in my books. I want to make them laugh and cry and worry and dread the end.

Most of my books are set in the fictional town of Haggerty, Georgia - which is loosely based on my grand
More about Betsy Brannon Green...

Kennedy Killingsworth (3 books)
  • Murder by the Book (Kennedy Killingsworth, #1)
  • Murder by Design (Kennedy Killingsworth, #2)