Start by marking “Chateau d'Eternite ” as Want to Read:
Chateau d'Eternite

Chateau d'Eternite

3.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  121 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
This edition is no longer available.

When Russ Peterson accepts an invitation to an all-expense paid vacation at a resort castle in southern France, the last thing he expects is to learn he has the power to travel through time. As a historian, it’s a dream come true, offering the chance to find answers to all the great mysteries of the past. But it’s not without risks, to h
ebook, 1st edition, 78 pages
Published June 29th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Chateau d'Eternite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chateau d'Eternite

Quinn's Hart by Cassandra GoldBlue Notes by Shira AnthonyTexas Winter by R.J. ScottNo Souvenirs by K.A. MitchellBoys of Summer by Cooper Davis
Gay Romance with a Vacation Theme
49th out of 69 books — 7 voters
Downtime by Tamara AllenA Token of Time by Ethan DayThe Shattered Gates by Ginn HaleTrick of Time by J.L. MerrowDetails of the Hunt by Laura Baumbach
Time Travel M/M Books
39th out of 41 books — 40 voters

More lists with this book...

Thomaidha Papa
Jul 12, 2012 Thomaidha Papa rated it it was ok

As I started reading this book I thought it was a remake of “Austenland”, but very soon it became clear I was wrong. This is simply a different approach of “The Time Traveler’s Wife”.

The protagonist, Russ, has a DNA mutation that allows him to travel in time. The mutation would expose its-self at his thirty-five birthday by sending him through time uncontrollably, hadn’t other travelers found out about it before that time came.
The Chateau d’Eternite is a castle, own by traveler’s aro
Emma Sea
Jul 17, 2012 Emma Sea marked it as own-and-need-to-read
Freebie at Dreamspinner today
Vio
Very good and its free a bonus! Now if only Ms Tachna would think about continuing this story for more adventures with Russ and Quentus I can see them working well together. I loved their sparring and the relationship was a fascinating mix of sexy and tender. Its an interesting time travel romance that could have ended tragically for me, so I am happy to say the conclusion was very satisfying its a wonderful story.
Syfy
Oct 09, 2012 Syfy rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-syfy
Delightful fun!
Sineala
When I found this e-book being offered for free, I was excited. I already liked the author's writing, and the blurb on this promised m/m D/s romance with time travel to Roman Gaul, and, hey, these are a few of my favorite things, right? Unfortunately, the execution was not quite as good as I could have hoped. I did like the time travel and the overall plot. The promised D/s turned out to be really more of the stereotypical alpha-male romance hero (this is a different thing from D/s, although I'm ...more
LiveYourLife BuyTheBook
4 Stars

I found this to be a very engaging story of self-discovery and love, set in a journey back in time to the city of Nemausus in Roman Gaul. This story was expanded from an original short.

Russ lives in modern day Tucson and although he enjoys his career as a historian, he leads a fairly lackluster life. When he receives a letter of invitation to be a guest at a French castle, he accepts – and thus starts a journey he could never have foreseen.

When Russ arrives in France at the Chateau d’ Ete
Becky Condit
Jul 09, 2012 Becky Condit rated it really liked it
Time travel stories are often difficult to read without finding holes in the logic, so I can’t imagine how hard it must be to write them. I’m not sure you can call it world building when developing the rules and guidelines for time travel, so let’s call it creating a timeline construct, for want of a better phrase. Ariel Tachna has done a beautiful job of doing this in her book CHATEAU D’ETERNITE.
There are so many what-ifs and Ms Tachna does not neatly tie up the story with a bow. Russ’s future
Chris Jeffreys
Mar 31, 2013 Chris Jeffreys rated it really liked it
What a lovely little story! A time traveling story involving Russ (from Tucson Arizona) and his Roman centurion, Quentus.

Here's a little background. It is discovered that Russ is one of a select few that has a gene that permits him to travel through time. He is invited to Chateau d'eternite to explore his abilities. On one of his trips to the Gaul region of France (that is under the control of the Roman Empire), Russ falls in love with a high ranking Roman centurion, Quentus.

After a brief stay,
Fangtasia
Jul 17, 2012 Fangtasia rated it liked it
Time travel with a failed attempt at a D/s dynamic, or something like it. Everything was going nice and entertaining, a decently plotted time travel story with some possibly interesting characters, until the MC meets his dominant love interest in Roman empire times and out comes the "chick with a dick." You could have replaced Russ with Rose, tweaked a couple details in the sex scenes and voila! M/F time-travel romance.

One good thing: it was free at Dreamspinner Press. It was okay, but that's a
Ije the Devourer of Books
Jul 14, 2012 Ije the Devourer of Books rated it really liked it
I don't normally like time travel stories but I found myself drawn into this one. Very engaging story with interesting characters and possible story lines, but just when I was getting into this story it ended and left me with questions. A great read though but I think a sequel is needed.
Adriana
This is short but I really like it.
The ending seems a HFN, maybe there is gonna be sequel (?).
Thuly Tran
Jul 08, 2012 Thuly Tran rated it really liked it
It ended when it was getting good. Still so many questions left unanswered
Lena Grey
Apr 30, 2013 Lena Grey rated it really liked it
“Love knows no boundaries and no distance; miles and obstacles mean absolutely nothing in the face of love.”~ unknown

If you were unsatisfied with your present life and had the ability to travel through time searching for a more fulfilling existence, would you chance it? When Russ of Ariel Tachna's book 'Cha^teau d’Eternite' discovers that he has the ability to travel through time, he embraces the idea. Being a student of history, he thinks that it will be interesting to visit different places in
Scarlett
I really enjoyed this book. The time travel bit wasn't explained too well, and wasn't really believable, but that didn't really matter because the focus is on Russ during the Roman period rather than him flitting through time. The relationship between Quentus and Russ/Rastus was nice because there is a realistic issue about social status and how Quentus acts towards Russ. This is something that is quite often ignored in historical books - that people behaved differently, and we have no right to ...more
C.
Ugh, I'm having a tough time with this one!

For instance, the premise of Russ' time travelling abilities and how the Chateau d'Eternité was able to find him in the first place was laughable. It actually made me want to give up on the book. I mean, just how would an organization with no apparent funding be able to screen the entire human population in search of people who had this ability? And considering genetic screenings are not part of a regular medical check up, in which manner would they be
Dianne
May 13, 2013 Dianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally reviewed for: http://liveyourlifebuythebook.wordpre...

The UHQ Nasanta

This was a disappointment. What caught my eye was this line in the blurb: "Russ is shocked by his reaction to Quentus’s dominant nature." Unfortunately, I felt disconnected from the story and the characters, and felt no heat between the two. There was no BDSM but instead a typical, arrogant, domineering alpha male. The pace was fast, the world-building lazy, and the actions of the characters were illogical and unrealistic. I had to roll my eyes at yet another "big, strong, domineering a
Christina
Sep 19, 2014 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance, sci-fi
I loved the story but I found the ending a bit vague and unsatisfactory (about Russ and Quentus) thus dropping to 3.5 stars from 4.5.
Angie
Oct 21, 2014 Angie rated it really liked it
More than expected. Will read more from this author.
Pia Veleno
Interesting premise in the Chateau and its inhabitants. I found that part more fun than the romance, which seemed to be built strictly on fabulously hot sex and a commanding yet endearing personality. Now that being said, (view spoiler).

I'm curious to read about other travelers.
Damian Serbu
Feb 21, 2014 Damian Serbu rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It's unique, and the time travel element creatively done. It's also a quick read because it's enjoyable and engaging. The tension and mystery is well written, too. As an academic, I found it a little annoying that there are errors in the writing of the main character as a professor and how that operates. Most people won't know or care, and it won't detract from the story. It just did for me a little. Still, this was a fun read!
Melanie

Review posted first at Joyfully Jay and ScatteredThoughtsandRogueWords.com

Rating: 3.75 stars out of 5

Expanded version of the short story published earlier. Lovely details in the Roman setting help the reader visual the events and characters in that time period. The MC's nonchalance about time travel made it hard for me to fully connect with his character.

For my full review visit, http://wp.me/p220KL-1c5
Zach
Over all a good book. It was a good book and I enjoyed the detail about the time travel bits and it’s a good first book in a set. The only problem I had was that the events set during the Roman times, the guy going back and meeting someone aka the reason I read it, is only about the half the book and seemed a bit rushed and stops just when it got interesting. But over all an good book.
Gaa-chan
I really enjoyed the book, but I must admit I am disappointed in the ending/epilogue. (view spoiler) I still recommend it though.
Yvonne
Jul 24, 2012 Yvonne rated it really liked it
A very nice M/M romance story about someone who travels into the past and falls in love there. Not a new concept, but well written and interesting.

Especially since I love everything that has to do with time travel.

Contains graphic sex scenes
Alexandra
Jul 29, 2012 Alexandra rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, historical
Book started slow and ended (abruptly) just as I was becoming invested in the MC and plot. The premise of the book is rather interesting, so I hope there's a continuation.

Not bad for a free read from Dreamspinner's website. Thank you!
D
I would love if this was longer. I didn't think I'd like the it once the time traveling bomb dropped, but it worked.
Currently free at Dreamspinner Press.
Antonella
Jul 25, 2013 Antonella rated it it was ok
See review by Sineala
M'rella
I liked it, not matter what it might resemble or not. 4 stars rounded up from 3.5.
Michi Rosa
Sep 27, 2012 Michi Rosa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
This book could have 100 pages more!
I loved this one!
Different and sooo good.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Chateau d'Eternité by Ariel Tachna 1 12 Mar 29, 2013 10:46AM
Dreamspinner Press: Château d'Eternité by Ariel Tachna 1 8 Jun 29, 2012 01:23PM
  • The Florentine Treasure
  • Cross Bones
  • Fourth and Long
  • Valentine Wish (The Wish, #3)
  • Trick of Time
  • Cat's Quill (Hidden Places #1)
  • Do-over
  • Violet's Present
  • The Stable Boy
  • Heart's Home
  • Destiny's Bastard
  • When I Say When
  • The Auspicious Troubles of Chance (The Auspicious Troubles of Love, #1)
  • Noble Metals (Metals, #1)
  • A Token of Time
  • Water Waltz (Elemental Attraction, #1)
  • The British Devil
  • The Druid Stone (Layers of the Otherworld, #1)
Ariel Tachna lives outside of Houston with her husband, her daughter and son, and their cat. Before moving there, she traveled all over the world, having fallen in love with both France, where she found her husband, and India, where she dreams of retiring some day. She’s bilingual with snippets of four other languages to her credit, and is as in love with languages as she is with writing.

Visit Ari
More about Ariel Tachna...