Start by marking “Tempted at Every Turn (Ladies' Amateur Sleuth Society, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tempted at Every Turn (Ladies' Amateur Sleuth Society, #3)

Tempted at Every Turn (Ladies' Amateur Sleuth Society #3)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Meet the Ladies' Amateur Sleuth Society: Four unconventional ladies with a most unladylike interest in crime-solving—but clueless when it comes to the needs of their own hearts.

Proper, sensible Willow Mabson will do anything to protect her family. So when she finds out that James Sterling—a dashing, arrogant aristocrat working for Scotland Yard—suspects her mother in a rec
Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Published July 31st 2007 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Tempted at Every Turn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempted at Every Turn

Kelly
Full review (and charming cat video) available at Reading with Analysis

I did not like this book, and I've summed up all my dislike into three reasons, two of which pretty much relate to poor characterization and one to some odd, latent misogyny.

1. ”Intelligent” characters did not behave intelligently.

Both the male and female leads in this one are set up as intelligent characters. Willow is described as being very clever and excellent at solving puzzles and mysteries. She is a member of the Ladi
Natalya
Mixed feelings about this one - language-wise it flows well, with good historical detail and original characters - but found plot lacking. It makes you expect more of a plot than it delivers, so all the detective stuff becomes silly. The hero is also a chauvinist with frankly insulting attitudes that she takes in stride, while herself somewhat of a hypocrite given all the good intentions that come to nothing, they both seem to think in circles about the same stuff, while its blatantly obvious so ...more
April Hollingworth
Fabulous, entertaining and completely wonderful.
What would you do to prove your family's innocence?
Upon meeting Detective James Sterling, Willow can't help but inform him that she is the one sending him letters about how he is doing his detecting wrong by breaking the rules!
So a wager is born, on his next case he and Willow will go head to head on trying to solve the case, granted James hadn't believed that Willow would actually agree to such a wager and then for a murder to happen the very nex
Diane Peterson
Another very nice book from Robyn DeHart. Her style is light and fun, no heavy drama here, but it is enjoyable to read. Rather like eating a chocolate truffle. It is a shame that she has not yet been able to finish this series. I hope she can write Charlotte's story in the future.
LibraryLass
This is a great book by this author. I have a couple of her books on my own shelf TBR. Looking forward to that. I closed this book with a smile - always a good indication that I enjoyed the book. Also it kept me engrossed so that I read it in one sitting.
Gemma
Mar 29, 2011 Gemma marked it as did-not-finish
I didn't like the hero. When he first meets the heroine, he thinks that she must be mentally unbalanced because she is unaffected by his charm. Seriously, buddy? You're that arrogant? The only reason a woman doesn't swoon over you is because she's insane?
ChloeLeeNH
3rd in the series and a great one. I loved that there was the opposites attracted theme. I hope to see the Charlotte story soon but heard she might not complete it. :(
Linda
Quite good. Was undecided at 1st but 1/3 thru it started getting better. Slightly above average & I'm keeping an eye out for this author.
Mary Vilarino

A charming read but that is all I can say. It certainly looked promising but it did not deliver.
Angela
9/10/2012: $0.99 on Kindle
Gena
Fast read. Plot to easy.
Beppe DM
Beppe DM marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Joy Gifford
Joy Gifford marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
JUB
JUB marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Janie Mcgaugh
Janie Mcgaugh marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
LizardQueen
LizardQueen marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Carol Woodruff
Carol Woodruff marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Kusanagi
Kusanagi marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Janae
Janae marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Monika
Monika marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Winnie
Winnie marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • In My Heart (Donally Family, #1)
  • My Steadfast Heart (Thorne Brothers, #1)
  • Tainted By Temptation
  • Secrets To Seducing A Scot (Highland Knaves, #1)
  • A Notorious Proposition (Winter Garden #3)
  • Tempting
  • Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #2)
  • As an Earl Desires (Lost Lords, #1)
  • Echoes in the Mist
  • Kilts & Kraken (Gaslight Chronicles, #3)
  • The Highlander's Bride (Highlander Duo, #2)
  • Conor's Way
  • Captured by a Rogue Lord (Rogues of the Sea, #2)
  • My Unfair Lady
  • Secrets of a Proper Countess
  • How Miss Rutherford Got Her Groove Back
  • A Study in Seduction (Daring Hearts, #1)
  • The Rope Dancer
National Bestselling author, Robyn DeHart’s novels have appeared in the top bestselling romance and historical romance lists. Her books have been translated into nearly a dozen languages. Her historical romantic adventure series, The Legend Hunters, were not only bestsellers, but also award-winners, snagging a Reader’s Crown and a Reviewer’s Choice award. She had three releases in 2013 and 2014 wi ...more
More about Robyn DeHart...

Ladies' Amateur Sleuth Society (4 books)
  • A Study in Scandal (Ladies' Amateur Sleuth Society, #1)
  • Deliciously Wicked (Ladies' Amateur Sleuth Society, #2)
  • A Marriage Most Convenient (Ladies' Amateur Sleuth Society, #4)
Seduce Me (The Legend Hunters, #1) The Secrets of Mia Danvers (Dangerous Liaisons, #1) Desire Me (The Legend Hunters, #2) Treasure Me (The Legend Hunters, #3) A Little Bit Wicked (Forbidden Love, #1)