Start by marking “The Julian Secret (Lang Reilly #2)” as Want to Read:
The Julian Secret (Lang Reilly #2)

The Julian Secret (Lang Reilly #2)

Former CIA agent Don Huff is in Seville, Spain writing a book about Sturmbahnfuher Skorzeny, an intimate member of Hitler's circle. One day when his housekeeper enters the house, she sees him shot to death. When lawyer Lang Reilly was asked by Ron's daughter to come to Spain to see if he can find any clues since the police aren't doing anything, he agrees because the decea ...more
Mass Market, 371 pages
Published May 1st 2006 by Leisure Books (first published May 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Julian Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Julian Secret

Mar 17, 2008 Jody rated it really liked it
I thought this was the first of the series but sadly, no, and I'll be backtracking to find the previous adventure. I why are they trying to kill us thriller along the lines of the Da Vince Code.
Oct 08, 2008 Highlander1 rated it liked it
So far it is a little slow. There are far too many scene shifts and multiple locations. Has taken a while to get things straight and organized in my head. The action is just starting to heat up, and I am about 120 pages into it.
Apr 28, 2009 Reed rated it did not like it
I actually stopped reading this book as I lost interest. Got it off the discount rack from K-Mart. It's a spin off from The Divinci Code genre but the story lacks drama.
Jul 09, 2009 Michaelsean rated it liked it
The Julian Secret by Gregg Loomis was another purchase made on a gift card I received for Christmas. I went nuts on the historical fiction category and this was one of many in the genre I purchased. If you have read a few of my reviews you know that it is probably my favorite casual read subject. While I thought the book was entertaining, it did not really stand out from the myriad of books that are of similar effort.

Apparently our protagonist, Lang Reilly, is an ongoing character in the works o
Steve Chaput
Apr 17, 2010 Steve Chaput rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2010 Cijo rated it liked it
A book, which I thought will read in my free time, here at the Platform. I have been always addition to trillers and fictions. This is a thriller, about Lang Reilly who is going after a killer of his friends and cousin. He had a belief that it has something to do with some information he was exposed about the basic foundation of Catholic church.
Arya polgara
Arya polgara rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2010
Jul 28, 2011 Nigel rated it liked it
Very good enjoyed the twists and turns and the characters are getting stronger bring on the next one
Marge Carter
As I said for "The Pegasus Secret", I'm sure I read these first two in this series at the same time? I think I may have read or started "Gates of Hades". I am on my iPad and do't have access to my books data base right now. I will have to check and update this with som positives.

Tom rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2012
Eelifcansuu rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2012
Kira rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2012
Frederik Verf
Frederik Verf rated it it was ok
Mar 03, 2013
Ashly rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2014
Paula Howard
Nov 01, 2014 Paula Howard rated it it was amazing
Lang Reilly is on another dangerous adventure. This time Lang is joined by an "ex"-girlfriend, Gurt. The Julian Secret blends events of the Nazis in WWII and the catacombs under the Vatican. Searching for answers is often extremely dangerous.

Great espionage.
Theresa M Desautels
A better written book than the first

Just one spoiler: if you take your Christianity straight and any other theory upsets you, choose another book. That said, the author is learning his craft, more tightly written, better edited. I enjoyed this book.
Sheila A. Quinn
Sheila A. Quinn rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Tess rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2015
Marshall Clowers
Apr 08, 2015 Marshall Clowers rated it really liked it
What I like about these type of books is that I can grab a map or hit up google Earth and follow along as the action happens. In this adventure, Land and Gurt are off to find out who wants to kill him (this time). A decent book to have on the reader or in your pocket when you've got some time to kill.
Roelant Wondergem
Roelant Wondergem rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2015
Linda Grant
Jun 13, 2015 Linda Grant rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Watch out Dan Brown

The Julian Secret grabs you from the first page and keeps you turning pages as fast as you can. A secret involving Nazi's and the Vatican is intriguing, suspenseful and will not disappoint even the most discerning reader. Don't pass this Gregg Loomis book up.
KATHRYN LAUSEN rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2015
Ma rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2015
Jennifer Coleman
Jennifer Coleman rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2015
Michael Howland
Michael Howland rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2015
Christina London
Christina London rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Patrick Houweling
First book I read by Gregg Loomis, although it's actually the 2nd book in this series. Quite nice. Reminds me of Dan Brown, but less engineered. I ordered part 1 of this series.
TWHall rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2016
Becky Boyle
Jun 19, 2016 Becky Boyle rated it really liked it
Another fun summer read; I'm on a roll. Short chapters. Great suspense and intrigue. I learned a little about history. I have not read the first book in the series, so I have it now and it's one of the next books on my shelf: The Pegasus Secret.
Julie rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Aztec Heresy (Finn Ryan, #4)
  • The Mask of Atreus
  • The Thieves Of Heaven
  • The God Machine
  • Crusader Gold (Jack Howard, #2)
  • The Valley of Horses, Part 1 of 2 (Earth's Children, #2)
  • The Templar's Code (Caedmon Aisquith, #2)
  • Sign of the Cross (Payne & Jones, #2)
  • The Holy Bullet
  • Echo of the Reich (Chris Bronson, #5)
  • The Sacred Bones
  • Shadows on the Aegean (Time Travel, #2)
  • The Icon Thief
  • The Dakota Cipher (Ethan Gage, #3)
  • The Archangel Project (Jax Alexander Mystery #1)
  • Twilight in Babylon (Time Travel, #4)
Gregg Loomis is an American author of thrillers. Born in Atlanta, Georgia, he spent his youth traveling the world, and has worked as a commercial pilot, a racecar driver, and a lawyer specializing in commercial litigation. He published his first novel, the bayou thriller Voodoo Fury, in 1991. His greatest success came in 2005, when The Pegasus Secret introduced the world to lawyer Lang Reilly; Loo ...more
More about Gregg Loomis...

Lang Reilly (9 books)
  • The Pegasus Secret (Lang Reilly #1)
  • The Sinai Secret (Lang Reilly #3)
  • The Coptic Secret (Lang Reilly #4)
  • The Bonaparte Secret (Lang Reilly #5)
  • The Cathar Secret (Lang Reilly #6)
  • The Poison Secret (Lang Reilly #7)
  • The Nassau Secret (Lang Reilly #8)
  • The Elizabethan Secret (Lang Reilly #9)

“The French: Our national flag is the tricolor; our battle flag a single color: white.” 1 likes
“Amicus est tanquam alter idem, a friend is just like a second self,” 0 likes