Start by marking “Highland Hearts” as Want to Read:
Highland Hearts

Highland Hearts

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  699 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Once again, national bestselling author Hannah Howell delivers a tale of passion and adventure sure to thrill fans of Scottish-themed historical romance.
Mass Market Paperback, 350 pages
Published February 2nd 2002 by Zebra (first published June 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Hearts

Cruth
"It was no longer lovemaking, but Revan using her to sate his lusts until he set her aside." loc.2647

Author: Hannah Howell
First published: 1992
Length: 4707 locations
Setting: Scotland, 1455.
Sex: frequent, reasonably erotic. Sex with not intention of marriage. Threat of rape by BadGuys.
Heroine: Tess is just 18 - her birthday just past is a significant motivator for her uncle trying to kill her. She is an heiress, he is a poor younger son.

A lot of history is threaded through this standalone Howell
Deb
Great book. A twisting, exciting plot, wonderful and witty dialogue, and great relationships all the way around, friend, family, and of course the romance between the hero and heroine.
Ashley
Such a great book I read it in one day time and i would pick it up and read it again if it wasn't still burned in my head.
Sue
Feb 02, 2010 Sue rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
The best mix of adventure, humor and hot sex out of all her books.
My favorite so far.
Trudy Miner
In Scotland during the turbulent 1400's when the Scottish throne is constantly in danger, Contessa Tess Delgado is living with her Scottish uncle and his daughter at Thurkettle's castle. When Tess stumbles on Sir Revan Halyard in the dungeons, she knows that her uncle will devise some cruel way of killing him and determines to set him free. Unfortunately, her uncle happens upon them and Revan takes her hostage by holding a knife to her throat in order to get them out of the castle. Thus begins a ...more
Kristin
This book focuses on Tess and Revan's flee from Tess' uncle and his fellow traitors because they have information on the impending rebellion. Tess is also being chased because her uncle wants to steal her inheritance which he can do if she is "accidentally" killed. The story has a good amount of action and the storyline really moves the reader along. Tess and Revan are both interested in each other and quickly become lovers in their flee across the Scottish countryside. Both have too much pride ...more
DKAY
This book was previously published in June 1992 using the pseudonym Sandra Dustin and was re-released in 2002 under the pseudonym Hannah Howell.
I always enjoy a good adventerous book and this story has plenty of it. While Contessa Tess Delgado is walking through the dungeon of her uncles keep she is startled by a prisoner Sir Revan Halyard who takes her to use as a shield at the last minute to get away from her family. In the course of the escape Revan realizes much to his surprise and also Te
Anne
Sep 18, 2014 Anne rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Scottish Historical lovers
Young Contessa Tess, half Spanish and half Scottish is running from her evil uncle who wants to kill her and also stop her from revealing crucial information and also he wants her inheritance. Revan, a young Scot rescues her and they flee together across the highlands to a castle where they will be safe. I was disappointed only in the pre-marital sex-she was pictured as a devout girl and this rubbed me wrong. But other than this, I liked the book.
Manang Jean
Loved it! Tess, the wacky heiress keeps this story interesting - which you see early on in Chap 1 when she just happens upon Sir Revan, "the most beautiful man she's ever seen" chained in his uncle's dungeons. She sets him free - just because ... Now, the man has a dagger at her throat, the uncle cusses her out, "did ye set the man free!?" She answers, "Well, now, Uncle, 'tis a question worth pondering." She's a great character. Give it 4 stars! Highly recommended.
My Book Addiction and More MBA
HIGHLAND HEARTS by Hannah Howell is an exciting Medieval Scottish Historical Romance set in 1455 Scotland.

*"This book was previously published under the pseudonym Sandra Dustin"*

*Re-issue: "First Zebra Books Mass-Market Paperback Printing: February 2002"*

This is a fast paced, action packed story of a noblewoman, Contessa Tess Delgado and her Knight in shining armor, Sir Revan Halyard. Filled with treachery, treason, desire, passion, betrayal, secrets, danger and love. Another hit from this auth
Barbara Foster
Another wonderful addition to my growing Hannah Howell collection.
Joanne Renaud
I'm all for an exciting on-the-road swashbuckling romance in an unusual setting, but the story seriously lost me when the hero and heroine were about about to get down and dirty in a cave on page 58. Keep in mind this is 15th century Scotland and we've been reassured over and over again that the heroine is a virtuous girl. Couldn't they wait another 50-100 pages? I do not find sex0rrring in a cave to be overly hot. It came across as ridiculous rather than sexy, and it just lost me. DNF.
Tina "coffee and books"
I really enjoyed this story. It was fast enough paced to keep the story rolling along and kept your attention. There were no coy games between the characters. They were straight forward and honest about their feelings and wants. Loved it!

My one complaint. I wish this book was a book 1 in a series. There were a couple of other characters that I would like to know what happened to them.
Michelle
Another Howell romance that starts in the dungeons. This time we really have an interesting mix of characters. A most loyal, but secretive Scottish knight and a half-Spanish, half-Scot heroine. I really did like the characters, but Revan was starting to annoy me with his lofty opinions of marriage (they were not normal for the time). All in all, it was a fun read.
Doreen Drapeau
I still have not received the book I won.
Doreen Drapeau
pearl39girl@yahoo.com

39 Norval St
York, Ontario, Canada
M6N 3Z1

When I receive the book I would love to read it and review it.
Shadowstorm Norwicca
Hannah Howell makes a girl want to find her own Highlander to find the passion she writes of. This one of my favorites from this author and I am looking forward to other highland books...
Hilary
Ohhh how I love Hannah Howell and her scottish novels!!! She has the best stories!
Kathrynn
This is a stand alone. To my knowledge no other books spun off these characters.

Rebecca Johnson
Cibtees Tes Delgado and Sir Revan Halyard
Jessica Lively
really well written love her books
Smccoy13
another great Hannah Howell book
Becky Minton
Excellent....loved it!
Paranormal Romance
Paranormal Romance marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
  • A Taste Of Fire
  • Highland Spirits (Highland, #4)
  • The Brat
  • A Joyous Season
  • Highland Dragon
  • Sword of the Highlands (Highlands, #2)
  • A Highlander's Destiny (Daughters of the Glen, #5)
  • Highland Fling (Highland Dream, #2)
  • Autumn in Scotland
  • Desiring the Highlander (The McTiernays, #3)
  • Highland Outlaw (Campbell Trilogy, #2)
  • Highland Scandal (The Scandalous Series #2)
  • The Highlander (Medieval Warriors Trilogy, #3)
  • The Warrior (Return of the Highlanders, #3)
  • Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)
Hannah Dustin Howell is a best-selling American author of over 40 historical romance novels. Many of her novels are set in medieval Scotland. She also writes under the names Sarah Dustin, Sandra Dustin, and Anna Jennet (see below).

She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Anna Jennet, Sarah Dustin and Sandra Dustin
More about Hannah Howell...
Highland Destiny (Murray Family, #1) The Eternal Highlander (MacNachton Vampires #1) My Immortal Highlander (MacNachton Vampires, #3) Highland Bride (Murray Family, #6) (MacEnroys, #1) Highland Knight  (Murray Family, #5)