Start by marking “Highland Hearts” as Want to Read:
Highland Hearts

Highland Hearts

4.13  ·  Rating Details ·  1,107 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Once again, national bestselling author Hannah Howell delivers a tale of passion and adventure sure to thrill fans of Scottish-themed historical romance.
Mass Market Paperback, 350 pages
Published February 2nd 2002 by Zebra (first published June 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Hearts

Cruth
Sep 02, 2013 Cruth rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
"It was no longer lovemaking, but Revan using her to sate his lusts until he set her aside." loc.2647

Author: Hannah Howell
First published: 1992
Length: 4707 locations
Setting: Scotland, 1455.
Sex: frequent, reasonably erotic. Sex with not intention of marriage. Threat of rape by BadGuys.
Heroine: Tess is just 18 - her birthday just past is a significant motivator for her uncle trying to kill her. She is an heiress, he is a poor younger son.

A lot of history is threaded through this standalone Howell
Ashley
Feb 11, 2009 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Such a great book I read it in one day time and i would pick it up and read it again if it wasn't still burned in my head.
Deb
Jun 01, 2009 Deb rated it it was amazing
Great book. A twisting, exciting plot, wonderful and witty dialogue, and great relationships all the way around, friend, family, and of course the romance between the hero and heroine.
Sue
Feb 02, 2010 Sue rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
The best mix of adventure, humor and hot sex out of all her books.
My favorite so far.
Melissa
Mar 10, 2017 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Srdce z Vysočiny
Trudy Miner
Oct 26, 2013 Trudy Miner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Scotland during the turbulent 1400's when the Scottish throne is constantly in danger, Contessa Tess Delgado is living with her Scottish uncle and his daughter at Thurkettle's castle. When Tess stumbles on Sir Revan Halyard in the dungeons, she knows that her uncle will devise some cruel way of killing him and determines to set him free. Unfortunately, her uncle happens upon them and Revan takes her hostage by holding a knife to her throat in order to get them out of the castle. Thus begins a ...more
DKAY
Jan 07, 2010 DKAY rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This book was previously published in June 1992 using the pseudonym Sandra Dustin and was re-released in 2002 under the pseudonym Hannah Howell.
I always enjoy a good adventerous book and this story has plenty of it. While Contessa Tess Delgado is walking through the dungeon of her uncles keep she is startled by a prisoner Sir Revan Halyard who takes her to use as a shield at the last minute to get away from her family. In the course of the escape Revan realizes much to his surprise and also Te
Kristin
Sep 29, 2013 Kristin rated it really liked it
This book focuses on Tess and Revan's flee from Tess' uncle and his fellow traitors because they have information on the impending rebellion. Tess is also being chased because her uncle wants to steal her inheritance which he can do if she is "accidentally" killed. The story has a good amount of action and the storyline really moves the reader along. Tess and Revan are both interested in each other and quickly become lovers in their flee across the Scottish countryside. Both have too much pride ...more
My Book Addiction and More MBA
HIGHLAND HEARTS by Hannah Howell is an exciting Medieval Scottish Historical Romance set in 1455 Scotland.

*"This book was previously published under the pseudonym Sandra Dustin"*

*Re-issue: "First Zebra Books Mass-Market Paperback Printing: February 2002"*

This is a fast paced, action packed story of a noblewoman, Contessa Tess Delgado and her Knight in shining armor, Sir Revan Halyard. Filled with treachery, treason, desire, passion, betrayal, secrets, danger and love. Another hit from this auth
Manang Jean
Nov 26, 2014 Manang Jean rated it really liked it
Loved it! Tess, the wacky heiress keeps this story interesting - which you see early on in Chap 1 when she just happens upon Sir Revan, "the most beautiful man she's ever seen" chained in his uncle's dungeons. She sets him free - just because ... Now, the man has a dagger at her throat, the uncle cusses her out, "did ye set the man free!?" She answers, "Well, now, Uncle, 'tis a question worth pondering." She's a great character. Give it 4 stars! Highly recommended.
Joanne Renaud
Dec 04, 2010 Joanne Renaud rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm all for an exciting on-the-road swashbuckling romance in an unusual setting, but the story seriously lost me when the hero and heroine were about about to get down and dirty in a cave on page 58. Keep in mind this is 15th century Scotland and we've been reassured over and over again that the heroine is a virtuous girl. Couldn't they wait another 50-100 pages? I do not find sex0rrring in a cave to be overly hot. It came across as ridiculous rather than sexy, and it just lost me. DNF.
Tina "IRead2Escape"
Jan 31, 2011 Tina "IRead2Escape" rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. It was fast enough paced to keep the story rolling along and kept your attention. There were no coy games between the characters. They were straight forward and honest about their feelings and wants. Loved it!

My one complaint. I wish this book was a book 1 in a series. There were a couple of other characters that I would like to know what happened to them.
Anne
Sep 18, 2014 Anne rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Scottish Historical lovers
Young Contessa Tess, half Spanish and half Scottish is running from her evil uncle who wants to kill her and also stop her from revealing crucial information and also he wants her inheritance. Revan, a young Scot rescues her and they flee together across the highlands to a castle where they will be safe. I was disappointed only in the pre-marital sex-she was pictured as a devout girl and this rubbed me wrong. But other than this, I liked the book.
Michelle
Jun 09, 2008 Michelle rated it liked it
Another Howell romance that starts in the dungeons. This time we really have an interesting mix of characters. A most loyal, but secretive Scottish knight and a half-Spanish, half-Scot heroine. I really did like the characters, but Revan was starting to annoy me with his lofty opinions of marriage (they were not normal for the time). All in all, it was a fun read.
LInda L
Feb 18, 2014 LInda L rated it it was amazing
Loved this -- typical Hannah Howell. Nice love story, and as always, lots of historical facts. Some truly awful people, even back in the 13 hundreds.
Jea;N Phillips
Apr 10, 2015 Jea;N Phillips rated it liked it
Quick read. Interesting historical snippits.
Sep 08, 2015 Laura rated it did not like it
Boring. Nothing much happened.
Jessica Lively
Oct 12, 2012 Jessica Lively rated it really liked it
really well written love her books
Julie
Sep 19, 2013 Julie rated it it was amazing
brilliant
Becky Minton
Feb 20, 2013 Becky Minton rated it it was amazing
Excellent....loved it!
Darlene Daniel
Dec 12, 2010 Darlene Daniel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, historical
great read
Smccoy13
Aug 17, 2011 Smccoy13 rated it it was amazing
another great Hannah Howell book
Maggie Shanley
May 09, 2015 Maggie Shanley rated it really liked it
Good Scottish romance of Contessa Tess Delgado rescuing the man her uncle chained in the dungeon, only to be kidnapped herself.
Kathrynn
Jan 27, 2008 Kathrynn rated it really liked it
This is a stand alone. To my knowledge no other books spun off these characters.

Barbara Foster
Mar 26, 2014 Barbara Foster rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Another wonderful addition to my growing Hannah Howell collection.
Shadowstorm Norwicca
Hannah Howell makes a girl want to find her own Highlander to find the passion she writes of. This one of my favorites from this author and I am looking forward to other highland books...
Doreen Drapeau
I still have not received the book I won.
Doreen Drapeau
pearl39girl@yahoo.com

39 Norval St
York, Ontario, Canada
M6N 3Z1

When I receive the book I would love to read it and review it.
LInda L
Mar 30, 2015 LInda L rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story -- HH has done it again. Nice twist to the heroine. Ssome Spanish blook and relatives.
Patty Valtierra
Apr 08, 2010 Patty Valtierra rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2014
  • Highland Fire
  • Only For You (Zebra Historical Romance)
Hannah Dustin Howell is a best-selling American author of over 40 historical romance novels. Many of her novels are set in medieval Scotland. She also writes under the names Sarah Dustin, Sandra Dustin, and Anna Jennet (see below).

She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Anna Jennet, Sarah Dustin and Sandra Dustin
More about Hannah Howell...