Start by marking “The Cat Who... Cookbook: Delicious Meals and Menus Inspired By Lilian Jackson Braun” as Want to Read:

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  483 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Inspired by the marvelous meals in the Cat Who novels, these 200+ recipes will make fans feel like they're visiting the best restaurants and attending the most delightful dinner parties in Moose County.
Hardcover, First Edition, 342 pages
Published October 1st 2000 by Berkley Hardcover

To ask other readers questions about The Cat Who... Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cat Who... Cookbook

Jessica
As an addition to the other Cat Who... books, this is cute. Many of the recipes are somewhat standard, but there are a lot of quotations from the various books and there is the novelty of cooking something from a novel you've read. I got the book mainly for the kabibbles, which are actually really good, but haven't made much else from it yet (again, partially because many of the recipes don't really stand out much to me, but they don't look bad).
Marissa
A fun accompaniment to the Cat Who books! The recipes are tied into food that has been mentioned in the series. I found the recipes easy to follow, and we have enjoyed all of the ones tried so far.
Jack
Aug 07, 2012 Jack rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: cooks, The Cat Who...fans
This is a fun book to have if you have read the Cat Who...series of books. You can make these recipes and imagine you are in Moose County or Pickax with Jim Quilleran himself.

It is sectioned by book in which each recipe appeared. It also gives menu combination suggestions.

I don't like a lot of recipes in this book. Some because I just don't like the specific ingredients (no fault of the author), some because I don't like the particular version of the recipe (definately the fault of the author.)
Sheherazahde
You never know what you are going to get with a cookbook based on novels but this one gets it right. It is arranged by book title with one complete meal and several A La Carte dishes from each book. All accompanied by quotes from the book where they are mentioned. It includes Iris Cobb's Meat loaf, Macaroni and Cheese, and Coconut Cake. [return][return]The last chapter is called Feline Fare and is the weakest part. There are no recipes in this part just lists of things that the cats were fed.
Susan
entertaining
Amy
Each of the "cat who" books talks about food a lot. This cookbook share recipes for the foods mentioned throughout the books. The cool thing is that the cookbook was put together by fans of the series. The recipes seem to range from the everyday to gourmet, but none seem to be overly complicated. I think I might add this one to my collection.
Lorraine
This cookbook has the recipes for Qwill's meals as they appear in the series. Many are very high in calories (Ida Cobb's Macaroni and Cheese has three cups of cheddar as well as sour cream!) but the baked pork chops was very good. Fun to read, as there are snippets from the books throughout.
Sara
The Cat Who Series by Lillian Jackson Braun are a great series. The protagonist "Quill" and his two Siamese cats Koko and Yum Yum are easy to befriend. This book is great because it contains recipes and little tidbits that are written about in the series. The recipes are fantastic!
Jill Chao
I loved the mysteries and was intrigued by the recipes. I haven't made anything yet...not really sure what I'm waiting for. I know my own kitty would love it if I would cook some gourmet treats for her!
Ruby
tons of yummy looking recipes....totally surprised to find out what Mrs. Cobb's "secret" ingredients for her famous mac and cheese and meatloaf REALLY were! this book makes me wish i was a cook.
Babs
Feb 06, 2009 Babs rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Cat Who lovers
Shelves: cookbooks, favorites
If you like The Cat Who series and want to try some of the recipes this is the book for you. I have not tired any yet, but I am looking forward to doing so.
Jean
Many of the recipes were much to fancy for our taste, but it was a fun read. I liked the way there were recipes for each The Cat Who ...book.
Heather
I'm not sure I'll ever make any of the recipes, but it was fun reading through it and remembering when Qwill ate those things.
Teddi
I've used several of the recipes over and over. Common ingredients and very yummy!
Leslie Jem
I've only made one recipe from this book, but reading it makes me happy.
Elizabeth
cute book
Shawn
Shawn marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Tarry
Tarry marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Robyn Schroeder
Robyn Schroeder marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Kim Workman
Kim Workman marked it as to-read
Tara Hunsucker
Tara Hunsucker marked it as to-read
Mellaney Robinson
Mellaney Robinson marked it as to-read
Katherina Weaver
Katherina Weaver is currently reading it
Apr 10, 2015
Lucy Spencer
Lucy Spencer marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
  • The Private Life of the Cat Who... (Cat Who... SSC3)
There is more than one author with this name
More about Julie Murphy...
The Cat Who...Reunion Cookbook Barks and Bytes by Mulligan Amazing Animal Adaptations Barks and Bytes by Mulligan The San Gabriel Mountains