Start by marking “The Cat Who... Cookbook: Delicious Meals and Menus Inspired By Lilian Jackson Braun” as Want to Read:

Inspired by the marvelous meals in the Cat Who novels, these 200+ recipes will make fans feel like they're visiting the best restaurants and attending the most delightful dinner parties in Moose County.
Hardcover, First Edition, 342 pages
Published October 1st 2000 by Berkley Hardcover

Jessica
Mar 27, 2012 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: food-and-cooking, a-f
As an addition to the other Cat Who... books, this is cute. Many of the recipes are somewhat standard, but there are a lot of quotations from the various books and there is the novelty of cooking something from a novel you've read. I got the book mainly for the kabibbles, which are actually really good, but haven't made much else from it yet (again, partially because many of the recipes don't really stand out much to me, but they don't look bad).
Marissa
May 13, 2011 Marissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
A fun accompaniment to the Cat Who books! The recipes are tied into food that has been mentioned in the series. I found the recipes easy to follow, and we have enjoyed all of the ones tried so far.
Jeanine
Jul 01, 2016 Jeanine rated it really liked it
So excited when I got this book! all the recipes that we have read about in the series. Gave it a 4 star at this time because I have yet to actually make any of the recipes. Once I do so, I will update this review. Also wish there were pics of what the food should look like, but if the descriptions in the book match my imagination and the outcome then I will be very happy indeed.
Jack
Aug 07, 2012 Jack rated it liked it
Recommends it for: cooks, The Cat Who...fans
This is a fun book to have if you have read the Cat Who...series of books. You can make these recipes and imagine you are in Moose County or Pickax with Jim Quilleran himself.

It is sectioned by book in which each recipe appeared. It also gives menu combination suggestions.

I don't like a lot of recipes in this book. Some because I just don't like the specific ingredients (no fault of the author), some because I don't like the particular version of the recipe (definately the fault of the author.)
Karen Kevan
Jun 13, 2015 Karen Kevan rated it really liked it
Still reading it and loving it! While reading the Cat who Mysteries I wanted to eat the food that was described. I have tried several recipes so far and have only been disappointed with one. (and that was my cooking) I want to try a new recipe each week. the book includes comfort food, ethnic food and new taste experiences. Cant wait to try a different recipe.
Sheherazahde
Aug 18, 2011 Sheherazahde rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, cooking
You never know what you are going to get with a cookbook based on novels but this one gets it right. It is arranged by book title with one complete meal and several A La Carte dishes from each book. All accompanied by quotes from the book where they are mentioned. It includes Iris Cobb's Meat loaf, Macaroni and Cheese, and Coconut Cake. [return][return]The last chapter is called Feline Fare and is the weakest part. There are no recipes in this part just lists of things that the cats were fed.
Susan
May 14, 2014 Susan rated it liked it
entertaining
Amy "the book-bat"
Dec 14, 2012 Amy "the book-bat" rated it really liked it
Each of the "cat who" books talks about food a lot. This cookbook share recipes for the foods mentioned throughout the books. The cool thing is that the cookbook was put together by fans of the series. The recipes seem to range from the everyday to gourmet, but none seem to be overly complicated. I think I might add this one to my collection.
Lorraine
Jun 27, 2010 Lorraine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, 2010
This cookbook has the recipes for Qwill's meals as they appear in the series. Many are very high in calories (Ida Cobb's Macaroni and Cheese has three cups of cheddar as well as sour cream!) but the baked pork chops was very good. Fun to read, as there are snippets from the books throughout.
Sara
Feb 14, 2009 Sara rated it it was amazing
The Cat Who Series by Lillian Jackson Braun are a great series. The protagonist "Quill" and his two Siamese cats Koko and Yum Yum are easy to befriend. This book is great because it contains recipes and little tidbits that are written about in the series. The recipes are fantastic!
Jill Chao
Feb 23, 2011 Jill Chao rated it really liked it
I loved the mysteries and was intrigued by the recipes. I haven't made anything yet...not really sure what I'm waiting for. I know my own kitty would love it if I would cook some gourmet treats for her!
Ruby
Jan 25, 2013 Ruby rated it it was amazing
tons of yummy looking recipes....totally surprised to find out what Mrs. Cobb's "secret" ingredients for her famous mac and cheese and meatloaf REALLY were! this book makes me wish i was a cook.
James John Cudney IV
Sep 17, 2016 James John Cudney IV rated it liked it
Shelves: other
What's not to love about recipes from the author or character you love. And to top it off, it's from a cozy serial mystery. Cute idea. Must buy/read for a fan. Fun times.
Babs
Feb 06, 2009 Babs rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Cat Who lovers
Shelves: cookbooks, favorites
If you like The Cat Who series and want to try some of the recipes this is the book for you. I have not tired any yet, but I am looking forward to doing so.
Jean
Jun 04, 2012 Jean rated it liked it
Many of the recipes were much to fancy for our taste, but it was a fun read. I liked the way there were recipes for each The Cat Who ...book.
Heather
Jul 18, 2011 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I'm not sure I'll ever make any of the recipes, but it was fun reading through it and remembering when Qwill ate those things.
Teddi
Apr 07, 2012 Teddi rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I've used several of the recipes over and over. Common ingredients and very yummy!
Leslie Jem
Sep 10, 2008 Leslie Jem rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
I've only made one recipe from this book, but reading it makes me happy.
Elizabeth
cute book
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2016
Rain
Rain marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Fran
Fran added it
Sep 18, 2016
Korrena
Korrena marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Denise Spencer
Denise Spencer marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Ro Quintal
Ro Quintal marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
John Pierce Jr
John Pierce Jr marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Rozenn
Rozenn marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2016
Elizabeth Detjen
Elizabeth Detjen marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Debbie Stephenson
Debbie Stephenson rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2016
  • Short & Tall Tales: Moose County Legends Collected By James Mackintosh Qwilleran
More about Julie Murphy...