Start by marking “Look! Another Book!” as Want to Read:
Look! Another Book!

Look! Another Book! (Look! A Book!)

LOOK!
A boot!
A fruit!
A crossing guard newt!

Once AGAIN a seek-and-find,
MORE images of every kind!

Published December 4th 2012 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Look! Another Book!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Look! Another Book!

Amy
Dec 12, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
I love that its actually a great read aloud combined with the seek & find. Its also great that there are different levels, a younger child can just look for the things mentioned on each page and an older can look for the longer list. And of course there is a ton going on in the pictures you can talk about, great for narrative early literacy skills.
Elisabeth
Dec 11, 2012 Elisabeth rated it it was amazing
Jammed packed with so much awesome. Fun fun fun.
Alyson
Dec 17, 2012 Alyson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Another great seek and find book from Staake. The beauty of these is that they are fun to read and fun to look through. Love the dedication at the end.
Tina Peterson
Feb 17, 2013 Tina Peterson rated it really liked it
My 5 year old boy LOVES this book! Is it the monsters? The bright colors? The level of difficulty? The fact that he is very detailed? I don't know - but he LOVES it! Look Another Book is a fairly large book - ideal for lying on your tummy on the floor and looking at the pictures. Each double page spread is preceded by a solid colored page with 3 holes in it that highlights one thing each. It could be a punk alien or a drop of red paint or even a little monster - we'd look at that picture, then t ...more
Karen
Aug 07, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Look! Another Book! is, like the first, Look! A Book!, is a seek-and-find book. The text in seek-and-find books usually is just there to tell you what to seek. Not so here. Sure you get the directions, but so much more, and the writing is at least ten times funnier than you would expect. That's all I'm saying about the text because I refuse to give away the best rhymes.

Every two-page spread in this book is a feast, or more appropriately, a smorgasbord, for the eyes. Not one square centimeter is
Angela

A boot!
A fruit!
A crossing guard newt!
Once AGAIN a seek-and-find,
MORE images of every kind!
From a music note to a teeny red boat, a blue kangaroo to a robot or two, there are endless things to discover in this zany follow-up to Look! A Book! from award-winning artist Bob Staake. Die cuts on the cover and every spread reveal hidden treasures in each vast landscape, from a zoo gone
Kat B
Jan 11, 2013 Kat B rated it it was amazing
Anyone will remain entertained for quite some time with this. I must have curled up for an hour dissecting this art piece. First I read it and tried to find what I was meant to. Then, at the end there’s a rocket lift with more things for the reader to find. Not only did I have to try to remember the list of 12 things but I also had to try and find them in each double page illustration. Staake never gives us a clue as to whether or not the objects are on every page. Boy do I wish there was an ans ...more
Alicia Scully
Aug 07, 2016 Alicia Scully rated it it was amazing
This is a perfect silly book that has a lot going on. It's a book within the look and find culture of books, to the point where it gets little messy. We are repeatedly told to find things and then as we turn the page other items are highlighted through strategic cutouts. It's quite clever and it will keep a reader entertained for hours if they're dedicated.

For: readers wanting a book celebrating nonsense; fans of look and find/I Spy type reads.

Possible red flags: illustrations can at times inv
Sara Bland
Apr 23, 2015 Sara Bland rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
Filled to the brim with bright colors, creatures, and more, this is a really fun book for toddlers and young children. This is a great book to read aloud to young children that will keep them interested with all of the hide and seek features. It was not until I read this book that I even realized that the first book in this series also featured a page at the end that directs students to go back and search some more! I highly recommend this book as an interactive feature story for young children.
Kristen
OK, this is not one I'd choose to read aloud to a large group, but it's perfect for one or two to share. I like that Staake's look-and-find book isn't too crazy-cluttered. The cut-out holes show objects that rhyme, turn the page to see the big picture with more to find. Very cool that with the next page turn, cut-out holes show rhyming objects you might not have noticed, so kids want to reread the page to see what they didn't see the first time.

Great for reluctant readers.
Haley
Jun 16, 2015 Haley rated it it was amazing
This book offers so much! The pages are incredibly detailed with many different things for the reader to look for and discover. The words on the page help guide the reader through looking at the images but with minimal words and occasional rhyming. I think students would really enjoy this book and is one to have on hand in the classroom!

Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Jan 21, 2013 Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance rated it really liked it
Look! A Book! is a popular choice at my primary school library. I know this book will be equally beloved. I can already see the torn pages that will appear after a checkout or two from children who have taken it home and read it with little brothers and sisters, eager to turn the pages to the answers. Those are happy rips, the rips that come from love of the book. Can’t wait to see them.
Marika
Jun 20, 2012 Marika rated it really liked it
Finally! a follow up to Look! A Book! Bob Staake has created a series of zany illustrations with tons of objects for readers to search and find. From an art museum to recess to outer space, each scene is bursting with funny characters and hidden objects. Also be on the lookout for the funniest book dedication I've ever seen.
Liz
Nov 23, 2012 Liz rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012-13
Funny characters and hidden objects--follow up to previous book. Rhyming, peek-a-boo windows, fun seek and find. Much to look at and discover--at a shopping mall, zoo, museum, outer space, etc.
Samantha
Jan 07, 2013 Samantha rated it really liked it
A seek and find book with rhyming text, cut out bubbles that enable sneak peeks at two page spreads, and challenges to find over 125 items!

Digitally rendered artwork is vibrant and zany.

Recommended for fans of Waldo and I Spy.
Annie Pasma
Apr 19, 2013 Annie Pasma rated it liked it
The rhyming was good and I liked they way this book is laid out. Kids who like "I Spy" books and "Where's Waldo," will like this one. I didn't care too much for the illustrations. I recommend for ages 3 to 6.
Donalyn
Bizarre scenes crammed with images and rhyming text invite readers to hunt for random things like checkered yaks, beef stew, and pink pushpins. Thick glossy pages will hold up to many rereads as children hunt through the illustrations over and over.
Megan
Dec 01, 2012 Megan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
So much fun, between the rhymes, the clever use of cutouts and trying to find items within the illustrations. Need to buy a copy for myself.
Michele Knott
Fun seek and find book. Different from others with the cut-outs in this story. Young children will enjoy the rhyme of the story and looking through the pictures.
Tanya (mom's small victories)
loved the illustrations that took us through a fun city, the way one page peeks into the next and the clever rhymes.
Barbara
Jan 08, 2013 Barbara rated it really liked it
Loved the zany humor in each panel.Can't wait to make to up stories to go with these pictures with my young readers. The peek-a-boo panels help teach youngest searchers how this type of book works.
Bonnie
Oct 15, 2014 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
A fun seek & find book for the older elementary kids.
Jocelyn
Mar 16, 2013 Jocelyn rated it liked it
Cut-outs let readers peek onto following and preceding pages to find objects. Lots of very busy illustrations will provide plenty of fun "Can you find the..." re-readings
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Nov 29, 2012 Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book, 2012
I may have liked this even more than the first book.
Valerie
Feb 14, 2013 Valerie rated it it was amazing
Fun book to share, not too hard to find the objects and the layout with the different cut outs highlighting things is fun.
Abdul Muhaimin
i want to read this book
Rachel
Sep 16, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it
Review to follow soon.
Eileen
May 20, 2016 Eileen rated it it was amazing
Cute search and find book .
Sandy Brehl
A bundle of benefits for a "search" book: rhyming verse, exotic words along with common returns and concepts, oversized format, cut-out shapes, vibrant color, and comical images.
paula
Bukowski's Deli, featuring ham on rye. Snrtle. Plus, all-new opportunities to look for robots, pizza, and donuts!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Good Thing You're Not an Octopus!
  • Cock-A-Doodle-Hoooo!
  • Yoo-Hoo, Ladybug!
  • The Sunflower Sword
  • Magic Box
  • The Ant and the Grasshopper
  • My Friend, the Starfinder
  • Meet Me at the Moon
  • Sir Cumference and the Isle of Immeter
  • Can You Growl Like a Bear?
  • Inside Outside
  • Goldie Socks and the Three Libearians
  • Max's Dragon
  • Kitty Cat, Kitty Cat, Are You Going to Sleep?
  • Night Light
  • Jeremy Draws a Monster (Jeremy and the Monster)
  • Cat Tale
  • Believe Me, Goldilocks Rocks!: The Story of the Three Bears as Told by Baby Bear
Bob Staake has authored and/or illustrated more than forty-two books, including The Red Lemon, a New York Times Book Review Best Illustrated Children’s Book of the Year. His work has graced the cover of The New Yorker a dozen times, and his November 17, 2008 Barack Obama victory cover was named Best Magazine Cover of the Year by Time magazine. He lives on Cape Cod, in Massachusetts.
More about Bob Staake...