Start by marking “The Darkness (Vampire Huntress, #10)” as Want to Read:
The Darkness (Vampire Huntress, #10)

The Darkness (Vampire Huntress #10)

4.36  ·  Rating Details ·  1,400 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
After the battle at Masada, the Neteru team returns to San Diego believing forty-thousand demons had been eradicated and that Lilith's spawn has been killed. But somehow the treacherous little creature got away. Just as had been prophesized at the dawn of the Armageddon, the anti-Christ has been born and will soon rise to power.

Rewarded for her creation, Lilith is given th
Published February 5th 2008 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about The Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Darkness

Adrienna
It has been quite some time, years, since I read this series. However, my objective was to finish this 13 book series, and try to see how her werewolf series is. I did try her angel's series, about 2 books back in 2012, and strongly disliked it. It didn't even feel or read like her writing style. Anyhoo, this book started off okay, then bored me, until the ending. Of course, girl meets boy, and then somehow they end up together regardless of their preference(s), meaning one is a vamp and other i ...more
Mocha Girl
Oct 12, 2009 Mocha Girl rated it it was amazing
The Darkness is the tenth installment of the Vampire Huntress Legend series and picks up some months after the last battle at Masada where the anti-Christ chrysalis made a death-defying escape. In this episode, Lucifer becomes more active when he hatches a plan to ensure his heir matures in an optimal environment. Quite naturally, this involves creating hell on earth and forcing the Biblical prophesies leading to Armageddon to come to fruition. Rewarding Lillith for her role in bringing forth hi ...more
M.J. Friday
This is one of my favorites in the series, I love that the The Neteru Council of Kings and Queens play a more active role with Guiding our young Neterus and giving them some much need time away from the team.. I love that you get see more of the guradians and their spouses interact and we get a few little surprises as well. I was not a fan Vampire books, however this series is Awesome! I loved every one of these books. they are well written, have a great plot (the never end struggle of Good vers ...more
July
Mar 11, 2008 July rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-library
“L.A. Banks latest book The Darkness finds the gang in the Armageddon days. Seals are being broken. Carlos and Damali are trying to find the anti-Christ so the can put a stop to it before it can rise to power. Nuit and Sebastian talk Lilith into letting them have mates and making them Council Seat Members. Yonnie is walking a very thin line trying to help his brother Carlo's out this time. All in All I thought the book very good.”

pianogal
Nov 01, 2008 pianogal rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
A little more intense than what I was looking for right now, but I thought the story line of this one was good. Sometimes I can get bogged down with Banks' writing, but this one moved along pretty well. I'm getting ready to see how this all turns out - I think I've got 2 more books in the series to read until I'll find out what happens.
Heather
Another intense, action packed novel in this series. Something was missing for me in this one; almost like we spent too much time on the darkside, I feel like I didn't get enough of the banter I've come to love between the Guardian team. Still a good read and look forward to finding out what happens in the next book!
Liz DeMarco
Mar 30, 2013 Liz DeMarco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always Ms Banks does not disappoint. I can't wait to see how she ends the series in the next 2 books. I am also so happy with Yonnie's part in this one. This series is must read for anyone who loves a good vs evil epic.
Erin
May 21, 2012 Erin rated it it was amazing
The action really becomes deeper, more serious, and more sinister in these last few books. I couldn't put them down, because I was worried about main characters dying. I was a part of their family. I am such a nerd! Haha.
Debbie Chittenden
Dec 01, 2014 Debbie Chittenden rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
As many times as I have read and re-read this series, I never tire of the excitement or the power of L. A. Banks words. Her style and her abilities are truly missed. She was blessed with her skills. A truly awesome book chasing the Antichrist!!!!
Jaime
Apr 14, 2012 Jaime rated it really liked it
I liked it, I think it could have been without about 100 pages though. Of course I'm on to the next one, The Shadows.
Ann
Dec 03, 2013 Ann rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
Ik dacht al dat ik Banks al eens had geprobeerd te lezen. Nu weet ik het weer. Het is me te bijbels.
Naomi
Jan 08, 2009 Naomi rated it really liked it
The entire series ROCKS!!! The last book of the series called THIRTEENTH will be available Feb 2009.
Alexis
Aug 08, 2012 Alexis rated it it was amazing
The story, her level of detail, the depth of her world and mythology - just amazing. I hope I still have this series somewhere because I am in the mood to reread it! It was that good.
Dallas
Mar 19, 2010 Dallas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kenneth Yano Gil
Kenneth Yano Gil rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2012
Giovonni
Giovonni rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2014
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2013
Joy
Joy rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2011
Sasha
Sasha rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2013
Trisha Lovell
Trisha Lovell rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Melissa Johnson
Melissa Johnson rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2015
Kenda
Kenda rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2009
Ajaiyee B.
Ajaiyee B. rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2011
Gege
Gege rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2013
Mona Lanton Perry
Mona Lanton Perry rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2009
Kmc
Kmc rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2011
Dyanne Rae
Dyanne Rae rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2010
Sistaharlem
Sistaharlem rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2009
Nooniemom
Nooniemom rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2009
Book Bug
Book Bug rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
  • Creepin'
  • The Path of Razors (Vampire Babylon, #5)
  • Voices from the Other Side (Dark Dreams #2)
  • Always and Forever
  • Blood Colony (African Immortals, #3)
  • Hell's Kitty (Welcome to Hell, #4)
  • Only Hers
  • Under Darkness (Darkwing Chronicles, #5)
A pseudonym used by Leslie Esdaile Banks, she also wrote under the names:
Leslie E. Banks
Leslie Esdaile
Leslie Esdaile Banks
Leslie Banks
Alexis Grant

L.A. Banks, a native Philadelphian, was a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Wharton undergraduate program. With many awards to her credit, Banks also held a masters of fine arts degree in film and media arts from Temple University. She lived in
More about L.A. Banks...

Vampire Huntress (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Minion (Vampire Huntress, #1)
  • The Awakening (Vampire Huntress, #2)
  • The Hunted (Vampire Huntress, #3)
  • The Bitten (Vampire Huntress, #4)
  • The Forbidden (Vampire Huntress, #5)
  • The Damned (Vampire Huntress, #6)
  • The Forsaken (Vampire Huntress, #7)
  • The Wicked (Vampire Huntress, #8)
  • The Cursed (Vampire Huntress, #9)
  • The Shadows (Vampire Huntress, #11)