The Darkness (Vampire Huntress Legend, #10)

The Darkness (Vampire Huntress Legend #10)

4.34 of 5 stars 4.34  ·  rating details  ·  1,077 ratings  ·  15 reviews
After the battle at Masada, the Neteru team returns to San Diego believing forty-thousand demons had been eradicated and thatLilith's spawn has been killed. But somehow the treacherous little creature got away.Just as had been prophesized at the dawn of the Armageddon, the anti-Christ has been born and will soon rise to power.

Rewarded for her creation, Lilith is given the...more
Published February 5th 2008 by St. Martin's Griffin

M.J. Friday
This is one of my favorites in the series, I love that the The Neteru Council of Kings and Queens play a more active role with Guiding our young Neterus and giving them some much need time away from the team.. I love that you get see more of the guradians and their spouses interact and we get a few little surprises as well. I was not a fan Vampire books, however this series is Awesome! I loved every one of these books. they are well written, have a great plot (the never end struggle of Good vers...more
Mocha Girl
The Darkness is the tenth installment of the Vampire Huntress Legend series and picks up some months after the last battle at Masada where the anti-Christ chrysalis made a death-defying escape. In this episode, Lucifer becomes more active when he hatches a plan to ensure his heir matures in an optimal environment. Quite naturally, this involves creating hell on earth and forcing the Biblical prophesies leading to Armageddon to come to fruition. Rewarding Lillith for her role in bringing forth hi...more
July
“L.A. Banks latest book The Darkness finds the gang in the Armageddon days. Seals are being broken. Carlos and Damali are trying to find the anti-Christ so the can put a stop to it before it can rise to power. Nuit and Sebastian talk Lilith into letting them have mates and making them Council Seat Members. Yonnie is walking a very thin line trying to help his brother Carlo's out this time. All in All I thought the book very good.”

pianogal
A little more intense than what I was looking for right now, but I thought the story line of this one was good. Sometimes I can get bogged down with Banks' writing, but this one moved along pretty well. I'm getting ready to see how this all turns out - I think I've got 2 more books in the series to read until I'll find out what happens.
Heather
Another intense, action packed novel in this series. Something was missing for me in this one; almost like we spent too much time on the darkside, I feel like I didn't get enough of the banter I've come to love between the Guardian team. Still a good read and look forward to finding out what happens in the next book!
Liz DeMarco
As always Ms Banks does not disappoint. I can't wait to see how she ends the series in the next 2 books. I am also so happy with Yonnie's part in this one. This series is must read for anyone who loves a good vs evil epic.
Erin
The action really becomes deeper, more serious, and more sinister in these last few books. I couldn't put them down, because I was worried about main characters dying. I was a part of their family. I am such a nerd! Haha.
Alexis
The story, her level of detail, the depth of her world and mythology - just amazing. I hope I still have this series somewhere because I am in the mood to reread it! It was that good.
Dallas
Jaime
I liked it, I think it could have been without about 100 pages though. Of course I'm on to the next one, The Shadows.
Ann
Ik dacht al dat ik Banks al eens had geprobeerd te lezen. Nu weet ik het weer. Het is me te bijbels.
Naomi
The entire series ROCKS!!! The last book of the series called THIRTEENTH will be available Feb 2009.
Steve
Carlos faces the Unnamed One for the first time, and lives to tell about it
Angel
Great author, great books, great series...I will miss her writing!
Kristy Dean
Good series but read in order
Lyn Mckenzie
Lyn Mckenzie marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Brenna Green
Brenna Green marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Missyhouse
Missyhouse marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Lyric
Lyric added it
Jul 07, 2014
  • A Drop of Red (Vampire Babylon, #4)
  • Blood Colony (African Immortals, #3)
  • Something Like Love
  • Dark Dreams: A Collection of Horror and Suspense by Black Writers
  • A Demon and Her Scot (Welcome to Hell, #3)
  • One Night With You
  • The Vampire's Revenge (Savannah Vampire, #5)
  • Midnight Lover (Forever Vampires #5)
A pseudonym used by Leslie Esdaile Banks, she also wrote under the names:
Leslie E. Banks
Leslie Esdaile
Leslie Esdaile Banks
Leslie Banks
Alexis Grant

L.A. Banks, a native Philadelphian, was a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Wharton undergraduate program. With many awards to her credit, Banks also held a masters of fine arts degree in film and media arts from Temple University. She lived in...more
More about L.A. Banks...
Minion (Vampire Huntress Legend, #1) The Awakening (Vampire Huntress Legend, #2) The Hunted (Vampire Huntress Legend, #3) The Bitten (Vampire Huntress Legend, #4) The Forbidden (Vampire Huntress Legend, #5)