Start by marking “The Unwanted (The G-6 Chronicles, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Unwanted (The G-6 Chronicles, Book 1)

The Unwanted (The G-6 Chronicles, Book 1)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Born out of vengeance, five discarded children must fight to keep their family safe from the homicidal geneticist who created them. Millions of lives stand in the balance as sacrifices are made. This family will never be the same as heroes rise and fall in The Unwanted Book 1 of The G-6 Chronicles.

The G-6 Chronicles delivers an adrenaline rush that rarely comes from readin
Published May 10th 2010

To ask other readers questions about The Unwanted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unwanted

Henry Brown

Back in October, I interviewed Daniel L. Carter about his book, The Unwanted, the first in an urban fantasy/thriller trilogy. At that time I had not read it, but Daniel later sent me a free PDF copy as an apology for some chaos that ensued when he switched blog addresses. After interviewing him, then reading the book, I decided it would make a nice gift for certain family members, and purchased three print editions to send out before Christmas.

Clever marketing tactic, Daniel!

Anyway, I've intende
Bruce Judisch
My time spent with speculative fiction is somewhat limited; however, The Unwanted is probably one of the most imaginative works of the genre I've ever read. This book has more twists and turns in it than four Bavarian pretzels--and it's only the first book in the trilogy.

Tibon, a fiendishly brilliant scientist, is on a quest to avenge the politically motivated and officially covered-up murder of his family over 25 years ago. He selects the genetic engineering and ultimate control of a race of su
Leslie
Two young nurses working at a clinic overhear a plot to murder them and the five newborn babies they are caring for. They flee into the night taking the infants with them to safety. Fourteen months earlier FBI Agents investigating a spree of crime scenes in which five babies are always among the casualties close in on a suspect only to watch him get away. Moments later there is an explosion of smoke and flames and more dead bodies. A brilliant but evil scientist has been conducting genetic exper ...more
Lia
This book was an interesting science fiction read. It was a mix between the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson and X-Men or Fantastic Four. I felt that the story could have used a little more "oomph" - that maybe the books should be condensed into an original and a sequel, rather than a trilogy to allow for more development in the book. I liked the journaling aspect in the beginning of the book - it was a creative way to push the plot along as the kids are growing up. I would have liked to h ...more
Dixie Goode

Summer found me with time to browse through my kindle and see if anything caught my eye. This book was written by someone I don't know, but who has an involved and interesting on-line presence and who is a supportive, advocate for new writers. I was curious to see what kind of writing he did himself.

At the very first scene of the book, the action is rapid and interesting enough to make me want to see more. The person I assumed would be the main character soon faded to a minor role as the setti
Paul
The Unwanted is a compelling, high-octane read from start to finish! This is the first book of a trilogy about five genetically altered babies who are stolen away and develop their astonishing abilities in secret, only to be discovered and pursued by their brilliant but dangerous creator. The story is written in a very smooth and readable style, and the relationships between the characters are well-developed and believable. I personally read a lot of hard science fiction, and was delighted by th ...more
Sarah Baethge
The Unwanted: The G6 Chronicles by Daniel L. Carter is the surprisingly good mixture of crazy, off-the-wall mad science experiments and believable, un-exaggerated faith. If, like me, you like the explanation of ‘science’ to come up with crazy fun it doesn’t seem should be possible or don’t want to be preached at when another’s belief is shown; this is a book worth checking out.

The story follows the early lifetimes of 5 children who were produced as part of an experiment in a secret genetic lab
Giovanni Gelati
The sci-fi, paranormal parade continues with another barnburner that is a series. Trust me, when you read this you will be glad it is a series, there is so much info, backstory, and plotline crammed into this installment, reading the next two is a must. The plotline is complex, the reading enjoyable and fun; there are just so many facets and elements to it. Without further ado, here is the synopsis of the novel:
“ An explosion shatters the night sky.... Smoke and flames erupt over the city of Chi
Tracy
Nurses Janet and Michele are initially excited about their high-paying side job at a research facility. Then the weirdness of the situation starts to bother them. The constant administration of unknown drugs to pregnant women who don't speak English and the creepy wheelchair-bound Dr. Tibon Scharf soon make Janet and Michele wary of their employer.

Meanwhile Nick, an FBI agent investigating a series of deadly explosions that kill mysterious groups of infants, learns that the people involved are
L.A.
Article first published as Book Review: The Unwanted by Daniel L. Carter on Blogcritics.

The Unwanted begins with a series of bombings, which include children in the death toll; the FBI is investigating them. At each scene, it is the deaths of the five children, always five, which weighs heavily on Nick Catlin’s conscious. He is the lead agent on the case and is disturbed to find children involved in any way. Why always five and why include children at all? Nick intends to find the underlying cau
Sheila
The Unwanted is book one of Daniel L. Carter’s Unwanted Trilogy. It opens with the FBI watching a huge explosion, and moves rapidly forward to the flight of two young women and a small group of children in a pilfered jeep. Then the roller-coaster ride begins.

Five children, unwanted by some and dearly loved by others, are growing up way too fast. Their powers may be genetically engineered, or God-given, or both. But wherever they’ve come from, those caring for these youngsters soon know that God
Jorja
In Chicago, FBI Agent Nick Catlin spent months setting up a sting on Damon Hannah’s business, INYO Industries, that supposedly focuses on high-end medical equipment. It is clear there is a leak in the FBI team. Twice an enormous explosion has obliterated all traces of genetic manipulation and murdered five babies and ten or more adults. Each time Hannah has moved his operation to a new city.

Now, fourteen months after the Chicago murders, Catlin has traced Hannah’s operation to Poughkeepsie, New
Jeff Dawson
God meets science

Wow! This is a fast paced all encompassing work.

This is the first book I've read with an excellent smattering of the unbelievable, yet grounded with "faith in God." Sci/Fi folks, don't let the faith part dissuade you from getting a copy. The author isn't preaching, but sprinkling the work with a force many of us take for granted, yet appears when we least expect it.

The plot. The FBI is trying to track down someone or an organization that is deliberately destroying buildings in
Susan Pettrone
As the book gets underway, Janet finds herself suddenly tossed in the air like a rag doll landing hard upon the cement as explosions rent the air around her in Poughkeepsie, while 5 dolls of the human kind, lie in the backseat, wailing and afraid. As explosion after explosion continues, Janet knows only one thing…she has to get herself and her precious cargo out of there and now!

In the backseat awakens friend and fellow caretaker, Michele with a blinding headache. The two had moved the infants t
Donna
Nov 15, 2011 Donna rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes science, genetics
Recommended to Donna by: Daniel L. Carter
Amazing! I have to say, I wasn't so sure about this book when I first started. Genetic experimentation on babies? Well, I'm so glad I read it! This book is amazing. A superhuman race being genetically created, multiple murders being committed by a madman and God in the middle. Yes, it's a families faith in God that keeps them going despite many obstacles. Two young nurses working in a clinic overhear a conversation about the killing of the 5 newborns. They kidnap the newborns and run away. They ...more
C.C. Cole
“The Unwanted” by Daniel Carter is about a group of infants rescued by a couple of nurses caring for them. They are taken into hiding in America’s rural heartland, with agents on the hunt for the children. As they grow up, the kids become more unusual with rapid aging, each with powerful unique abilities. As more is uncovered, the plot moves quickly to create a fun but intense read that encourages the reader to turn the pages. Excellent work, four stars!
Margie Jimenez
I never thought I'd find another Christian author on par with Peretti. The Unwanted was a great read, the story was creative and the characters compelling. Once I got started, I was thoroughly engrossed and when I was done, I was left wanting for more. I definitely recommend this book if sci-fi/paranormal is your genre. You'll also be supporting a rising Christian author, which is always a good thing.
Charlie Brown
Charlie Brown marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Gayle Noble
Gayle Noble marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Nicole Donze
Nicole Donze marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Julie Drucker
Julie Drucker marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Cliff
Cliff marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Cjmcd5662
Cjmcd5662 marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Armicia
Armicia marked it as to-read
May 08, 2014
Jo
Jo marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2013
Kelly Love
Kelly Love marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Unnatural Law (Darwin's Children, #2)
  • On Dark Shores: The Lady
  • The Hour of Tiamat
  • Deception Peak
  • Nickels
  • Rapture's Rain
  • Tales of Aradia the Last Witch Volume 1
  • Particle Horizon
  • Antediluvian
  • Audrey's Guide to Black Magic (Audrey's Guides, #2)
  • The Boxcar Baby (Steel Roots #1)
  • Choke (The Breathless, #2)
  • Ship of Souls
  • Golden Mane (The Adventures of Sarah Coppernick, #1)
  • Broken City (Broken City, #1)
  • Hedgeland
  • Saint Sloan
  • Incantation Paradox
DANIEL L. CARTER, born and raised in New York State, has always enjoyed Sci-Fi and Fantasy stories. Some of his favorite authors include Robert Aspirin and Stephen R. Donaldson.
Having acted in plays, such as Diary of Anne Frank and Damn Yankees, Daniel soon turned to writing skits and short plays, as well as directing. After studying at Elim Bible Institute and Hudson Valley Bible School, the desi
More about Daniel L. Carter...
Children of Anak: The G-6 Chronicles: The Unwanted Trilogy Journeyman 8