Start by marking “My Story” as Want to Read:
My Story

My Story

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  202 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Enter the enthralling world of Tom Daley in My Story - medallist in the 2012 London Olympic Games. Tom had the whole country behind him when he won bronze at the Olympics this year. A double Commonwealth gold medal winner, he is one of the sport's most exciting athletes. But there is also a heartbreaking and inspiring story of a young man coping with the death of his fathe ...more
Published May 24th 2012 by Penguin UK

To ask other readers questions about My Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Story

Belinda
Inspiring book. Hard to believe he has achieved so much and still only 18!
Good luck Tom at the Olympics!
Ionie Hudson
TOM DALEY IS AN INSPIRATION TO EVERYONE!!
In this book it shows the highlights of his life but also the downfalls. It is an easy book for teens to relate to due to the fact that he is still a teen himself.
It is full of pictures and information and i now love him even more.
WELL DONE TOM FOR GETTING BRONZE IN THE OLYMPICS!!
Adam Dunn
Tears, tears, tears!

I loved this book. Living in Canada I knew nothing about Tom Daley until he came out. From there I watched Splash! and his Olympic performance and was captivated by his looks and charm.

I picked up this book to learn more about him, I had heard his father passed away but didn't know any of the back story. The book is very well written, full of pictures which were great, except once when his father is passing away in the story and there's a big shirtless glamour shot on the pag
Book Addict Shaun
Fantastic read, usually I don't like autobios from people so young but this one was actually pretty good (and I don't even like diving, just Tom). Hopefully might be a success at the Olympics!
Fiona
This was pretty shit to be honest. I absolutely adore Tom but he really can't write. The photos are good though!;)
Megan [I'm okay, I'm alright]
I would read this just for the pictures...bahahaha I'm so ridiculous. Someone help me please. -_-
Gina

Amazing book, read over 5 times, I love it , I recommend it 100%
Alice Kouzmenko
AHHHHHH! Read this in a day, love him.
Becky
With the build up to the Olympics Tom Daley has featured more and more in the news and on TV and in the media in genereal, as a Diver myself (obviously nowhere near his level) I've always been intrigued with him and wanted to know more, how he got into Diving, what it took to be as good as he is. This book is the way to look into his world and see all he has been through.
This book is very honest and gives you a great insight into his life. It talks a lot about his diving (as expected) and explai
Lucy Farrin
I am a Tom Daley fan and he was truly amazing at the Olympics 2012 London!

I don't usually read autobiography's but Toms story was really eye opening and awe inspiring. The amount of pressure he has to face and deal with is extreme.

Toms talent is shown through the book, you get to hear about when he first began diving, his experiences and his first Olympic game at the age of 14. The most moving and capturing section of this book would be the part was when Tom describes the relationship he and his
Charlie
really amazing, cleverly written from his point of view, great hardback cover and lots of glossy colourful ages full of exclusive pictures :)
Paul
A good read. Like the personal experience and also the pictures. Would be interesting to read about his experience in the London Olympics.
Julie
This is a lovely book, with some fabulous photographs of Tom from a small boy to present day. Most people know the basics of Tom's life, but it was interesting to read more indepth into his life - the fact that he loved diving from a very young age, how focussed he is (and has always been), the bullying at school, and of course his close relationship with his dad. It made me laugh and it made me cry. If you have an interest in Tom and diving, I would recommend you read it.
Julia Langevin
After watching him in the 2012 Summer Olympics, I really became interested in reading this book, and since reading this, this has become one of my favorite books. It's really inspiring and makes you want to shoot for your dreams. I wish it taked more about his life, and less about the diving aspect, however he is a diver. This is a quick read for anyone who is interested in diving, or Tom Daley as a diver himself.
(Project; Movie Trailer)
Amy
I thought it was a really good book, but most of it was about his dives. Yes I know he's a diver, but I wish it could have focused a bit more on his life away from diving. The chapter about his Dad was very touching, and it's something I can relate to. I also understand diving scoring a bit more after reading it as well!
The pictures were very good, and I like him even more!!
I recommend that you read this!
Lee Cadwallader
Amazing. I was given this book as I'm a fan of Tom Daley and diving but this isn't a cash in like some think.

This book will make you smile, laugh and cry. The emotional and physical journey this young man has already been on in his life makes a very good read.

An excellent motivating read.
Alicia Galdon
Sep 06, 2012 Alicia Galdon rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Any Tom Daley fan
This book is a MUST HAVE for any Tom Daley fan!
It gives a real insight in to his life, its interesting, funny and very emotional (definitely had me crying in parts)
Also, the pictures are great!
Nic Boenig
Absolutely loved the book. I laughed and I cried. Have so much more respect for Tom now than I had before. Such a strong person!
Lexy
Excellent book. Interesting stories and lots of glossy pics. It made a nice change from my usual books
Holly
AMAZING! He's so wonderful it was a lovely read!
Veronica Ponce Dachelet
Jul 18, 2013 Veronica Ponce Dachelet marked it as to-read
I want this book SOOOO badly :(
David Ridgeway
He is very hard working:-)

Davidx
Rosierosie1234
I love TOM DALEY!!!!! <3
Chloe
A-MAZ-ING!!!!
Kai
Kai marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Julia Bouska
Julia Bouska marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Roger Cals
Roger Cals marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
  • The Baby Diaries
  • Strangers on the 16:02
  • Once Upon A Winter
  • Diana's Hound (Bloodhounds, #4)
  • Last Night Another Soldier
  • Lottie Biggs is (not) Mad (Lottie Biggs, #1)
  • The Round Tower
  • Once upon a Christmas
  • Doctor Who: The Silurian Gift
  • The Accidental Time Traveller
  • The Marriage Price
  • Belinda Goes to Bath
  • Hood's Obsession (Kingdom, #9)
  • Taking Charge
  • Million Dollar Mates (Million Dollar Mates, #1)
  • Tales of the Gypsy Dressmaker
  • Shattered Souls (Caitlyn O’Connell, #1)
  • Honest: My Story So Far
Tom Daley: My Story Dormant Coming Up for Air Air Exp Max Dout & The Evil Office Mutants! Act 1: The Donkey-Boss Rules! Mentor: The most important role you were never trained for Rhinebeck's Historic Architecture