Start by marking “Snow” as Want to Read:
Snow

Snow

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  39 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
How do you know, at fifteen, what love and affection really mean? Ruth learned all too soon that love is commitment, and affection has a price. But who will ultimately make the commitment, and who will pay the price?

At fifteen, Ruth thought she had her life planned out. That is until she met Luke, a charming new cadet from the local military school. After entering into a s
Published May 2012 by Westbow Press

To ask other readers questions about Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snow

Melina
Mar 12, 2013 Melina rated it it was amazing
Wow, I truly believe this book should be read by all teenage girls. Ruth’s struggles will make them think twice about decisions they will have to make as teenagers. Kathryn Hewitt did a wonderful job with this book and I am very impressed. She really made you feel Ruth’s pains. I’ll admit sometimes I would have really liked to slap some sense into Ruth, but Kathryn hit the nail on the head with this story. When someone thinks they are in love they aren’t going to listen to anyone. Ruth gets into ...more
Maureen Timerman
Oct 30, 2012 Maureen Timerman rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
Kathryn Hewitt has presented a look into the mind of a young girl and facing pressure of joining womanhood. This young woman has committed her life to Christ and vowed to remain a virgin until married.
When evil lurks in the body of a young man named Luke who has made it his mission to seduce 15 year old Ruth. We see such plotting...what a journey we are on!
Will Ruth be able to resist the pressure of this pro, as we soon discover?
Will his friends and her family be able to see through him? The cho
books are love
Jun 01, 2014 books are love rated it really liked it
I am not going to sugarcoat this and say that this book doesn't have some graphic imagery occur on some very serious and controversial topics. Nor will I say that it is a book that will have you feel warm and fuzzy for it won't. What it will do is have you face some controversial topics through the eyes of a woman who is seeing her past and reliving it as she tries to come to terms with it on her wedding day.

Ruth is a devoutly religious woman or at least was I am not sure if this is still the c
Anita Dawes
May 30, 2014 Anita Dawes rated it it was amazing
Snow is the raw and honest account of one teenage girl's journey into womanhood and all of the attendant perils.
This story is beautifully told and richly informative. Just gritty enough to get the message across that being a teenager can be the hardest thing in the world to be. That you face more important decisions and pitfalls than at any other time of your life and just one stupid mistake, one wrong move can completely ruin your life before it has even begun. Ideally it should be required rea
Michelle
Jun 07, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Knowing this story is based on a true story made it a hard read. Though heart wrenching, it is a fantastic and almost chilling, reminder watch your teenagers. This story shows signs to watch out for of a controlling man. It might make you think twice about letting your children date unchaperoned. Highly recommended read for every mother and teenager.
Dea
Sep 10, 2012 Dea rated it it was amazing
My daughted 16 read this in two days, couldn't put it down. Every t een needs to read this book along with their mothers. Thank you Katie for your honesty.
April Thomas
Sep 01, 2012 April Thomas rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing read! It served as a beautiful reminder that God has always had a plan for me in spite of my "detours"!
Lis Ann - The Indigo Quill
See full review @ The Indigo Quill: http://theindigoquill.blogspot.com/20...

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Every teenage girl needs to grab a copy of this book. "Do not awaken love until the time is right" is the underlying theme of this book, however, it also shows how there is still hope and redemption when our human druthers get in the way of this principal. You will be given a fresh perspective on the reality and consequences of our choices in life, alo
Serena
Dec 04, 2013 Serena rated it liked it
Snow is a very tough coming-of-age novel in which 15-year-old Ruth struggle to learn the meaning of love and, tragically, removes God to the backseat. It could be called a romance, I suppose, but once you read this book you will understand how terribly misguided that label is. Rather, it's a Christian YA novel--fiction, and yet the story of so many very real teens. This novel quickly overtook control of my emotions thrust me on a winding journey.

I liked the premise of Snow, and for the most part
Mary Helenrose
Oct 31, 2012 Mary Helenrose rated it really liked it
Kathryn Hewitt's Snow was a good read that I found myself surprisingly captivated by. When I first began reading this text, I was a little put off by the idea that I was reading a religious fiction text, however, Hewitt has an amazing way of taking the teenage struggles of Ruth in her relationship with Luke and adding a religious feel that is truly inspiring.

This isn't a typical relationship where a young couple feels themselves succumbing to sexual desires, rather this is an honest portrayal o
Charity
Nov 15, 2012 Charity rated it liked it
Snow really captures the humanity of its characters, especially that of main character Ruth. When Ruth gets caught up in the moral struggle of her life, it is easy to identify with her emotional roller coaster. The author demonstrates how easy it is for moral guidelines to be rationalized away in the face of adversity and manages to get the reader actively rooting for Ruth to make the right decision.

While some parts of the story are a little overblown and overly dramatic, I found this to be a go
Andi Newberry ~Tubbs
Nov 05, 2012 Andi Newberry ~Tubbs rated it did not like it
I am at a loss on how to review this book. I said when I started reviewing I would be honest. Here goes.
This was the most disjointed, all over the place book I have ever read in my life and I've read a lot of books.
Ruth is 15 and she has no business dating let alone having 3 guys to worry about. The book moves from her wedding day when she's 19 and she flashes back to feelings of Luke, then it's James, and Mark. It's crazy ridiculous!
I don't recommend this one!
Tammy
Nov 04, 2012 Tammy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved Snow!!!! Finally an honest look at the life of a teen! I so very much enjoyed this book and would recommend it to anyone with a teenage daughter/son
L
L marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Haley
Haley marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Marium
Marium rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Mar 03, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Donna M Zadunajsky
Donna M Zadunajsky marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Jonie
Jonie rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2015
Brenna
Brenna marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Wordsl Dreamsl
Wordsl Dreamsl marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Kali
Kali marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
Richa K
Richa K marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
April
April marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Making Connections: Snow by Kathryn Hewitt ~ May 26th - June 1st 13 110 May 29, 2014 06:40PM
Australian Christ...: Book for Review 8 15 Jun 29, 2013 03:32AM
Christian Goodrea...: Limited Time $0.99 eBook --Snow, by Kathryn Hewitt 4 5 Jun 03, 2013 05:55AM
Christian Indie A...: Limited time $0.99 eBook 2 6 May 24, 2013 09:18AM
Kindle Deals: $0.99 limited time eBook 1 23 May 24, 2013 05:00AM
Good Books for Pi...: Book of TRUTH (13+) 1 14 May 23, 2013 07:35AM
Have you written ...: $0.99 limited time eBook 1 2 May 23, 2013 07:28AM
  • Ruptured Moon (Dotson Pack, #1)
  • Secrets
  • Christmas at Holly Hill
  • Wish I Could Have Said Goodbye
  • Kingdom Hill
  • My Sister's Funeral
  • Dark Water
  • Angel of the Cove
  • Rosemary Opens Her Heart (Home at Cedar Creek, #2)
  • Ellie's Haven (River of Hope, #2)
  • The Innocent and the Condemned (The Sirens of Rhine, #1)
  • House of Mercy
  • Imperfect
  • The Gospel Story Bible: Discovering Jesus in the Old and New Testaments
  • The Deception
  • Chameleon (The Ravensmoore Chronicles #2)
  • After the Snow Falls
  • River of Mercy (The Riverhaven Years, #3)
Kathryn Hewitt was born and raised in the small town of Camden, South Carolina. Breaking away from becoming a stereotypical teenage mother, she was an Honors Graduate from Camden High School and went on to study British Literature and Sociology at Charleston Southern University, inspiring to teach High School English.
Kathryn has a passion for teaching teenagers and reaching out to those who seem
More about Kathryn Hewitt...