Start by marking “The Wanting Heart” as Want to Read:
The Wanting Heart

The Wanting Heart

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  42 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Katherine White, a barrel racer from Colorado, lives in a fast-paced world where rhinestones shine, hooves pound, and dreams come true. She plans on winning World Champion Barrel Racer and being with her friends until she graduates from college.

She doesn’t plan on the man who broke her heart strolling back into her life. She doesn’t plan on finding solace in a charming st
Paperback, First, 120 pages
Published July 9th 2012 by Crimson Romance

To ask other readers questions about The Wanting Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wanting Heart

Blood Related by William   CookSon of a Serial Killer by Jams N. RosesCold Blooded Killers Boxed Set by R.J. ParkerDancing with a Dead Horse by Danielle DeVorSerial Killers by Peter Vronsky
Best Serial Killer Books
7th out of 184 books — 351 voters
Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareAfter the Night by Linda HowardUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareExtreme Exposure by Pamela Clare
Best Romantic Suspense
235th out of 1,492 books — 2,027 voters

More lists with this book...

Rionna Morgan
Jun 15, 2012 Rionna Morgan added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This book of course is close to my heart! It was an honor being able to write about a beautiful girl who loves her horse and her friends as much as she loves the man who makes her smile. Kate is the quintessential romantic heroine. She is a woman who is strong and brave. She knows that while she is not perfect, she is the one who will make her dreams come true and that when it comes to saving...she will be the one to do it.

Ruth Hill
Sep 20, 2012 Ruth Hill rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, e-books
I have only read one or two Western books in my life, and normally I am rather disenchanted. Give me an old-fashioned frontier romance, and I am glued to it. But a Western? Modern-day?

All I can say is Rionna Morgan has crafted a fantastic Western romance that is filled with a fast-paced story and even a bit of mystery, intrigue, and danger. I was mesmerized and chilled by this book, and I almost struggled to put it down. I definitely connected with the characters and story!

There were a couple th
Lolly
Jul 09, 2012 Lolly rated it it was amazing

"The Wanting Heart" is a wonderful mix of passion, suspense, and edification. No one other than a rodeo gal could have taught us so much horse sense and given back-scene glimpses of the cowboy life as we gallop through this exciting romance of Kate's. It is refreshing to find that her innocence is no weakness in our heroine. I was drawn into a kinship with her friends, so well etched into our hearts that we feel as protective of her as they do. Rionna has woven the villainous snake into the plot
Traci
Jun 14, 2012 Traci rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
The Wanting heart is a fast paced, electric, passionate romance. It is filled with vibrant scenery, animated characters and a plot that will leave you breathless. Rionna Morgan takes you to emotional heights and depths as you wonder what else could possibly happen next. You'll love her leading man, Blake and want to kill Luke, her villan. Be prepared to feel a range of emotion with this story.
Content: steamy intimacy and cowboy language
Kristin Anders
Jul 24, 2012 Kristin Anders rated it liked it
How are sex scenes?
Sweet and curious. There's not many naked moments, and the first one involves the hero lighting multiple candles somewhere in the room and then roaming back to the bed to kiss the heroine after each one. Sweet. Sensual. Inconvenient?

How are the story lines?

Good. This is a romantic suspense novel. There's no mystery (i.e., you immediately know who the killer is and when a "mystery" is written it's unveiled shortly thereafter), but there is plenty of plot tension.

Summary

The W
KyBunnies
Oct 26, 2012 KyBunnies rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, blog-tour-book
This book swept me away. I love reading romance books especially when they offer a little suspense twist just makes them so much more interesting.

This book is filled with suspense and mystery. It is not just a hug and kiss romance book. Yes it has that also but more. Readers are you looking for a book that will carry you on a trip filled with suspense, mystery, love, hurt, forgiveness and more. Well look no further. This book has all of that and more. I read the other day that any book is to sho
Aug 29, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
The Wanting Heart, by Rionna Morgan:

The Wanting Heart is a lovely story. Kate is a beautiful young woman who competes in rodeos. Blake broke her heart years ago, but he’s back, and so are her unwanted feelings for him.

Luke is sophisticated and handsome, and he takes her out. They have a great time. Then something happens…

The story turns suspenseful, filled with danger. Luke is not who he appears to be.

This is a tale filled with lots of action and excitement. The writing is descriptive and at tim
Casey Dawes
Jun 18, 2012 Casey Dawes rated it really liked it
Beautiful writing – great story. From the moment I met Kate, I was rooting for her to win the happiness she deserved, but the guy she was dating didn’t seem quite right. Like all good heroines, Kate needs to face the dark night before hitting the sun of joy.

The language is stunning. For example, “It was like the day when a prairie sun bakes the dust onto the sage, and then the evening rain shower washes the world. It’s a perfect clean.

Morgon takes you into the heart of the West, into the world
Pam B Morris
Jun 04, 2012 Pam B Morris rated it really liked it
Rionna is a great writer, really knows how to hook a reader and keep them hooked! This is a great, fun read. You never know what's coming next... talk about drama,suspense and romance... with a hot, hunky cowboy in wranglers! You'll love the characters, hurray the hero and hiss at the villain! This fast paced romantic suspense will keep your hair curling to the very end. Love, love love this story!
Danica Winters
Jul 03, 2012 Danica Winters rated it it was amazing
The Wanting Heart is an wonderful book by a truly amazing woman. Rionna Morgan has a talent for writing romantic suspense that will keep you on the edge of your seat. The settings in this book are as palpable as the emotion. A well-written and great book!
Nicole Benoit-Roy
Heart pounding already just by watching the trailer. I like suspense. This is a plan to read for me. Congrats Rionna!!
Peggy Bird
Sep 16, 2012 Peggy Bird rated it really liked it
Kate White is a barrel racer. Blake Spencer is the cowboy she fell for as a teenager who walked out of her life with no notice. Now he's come back but she's not about to set herself up for more heartache by letting him anywhere near her. Then she becomes the object of a serial killer's attention. Blake wants to help her and her friends escape the fury of a killer who has been frustrated in trying to add Kate to his list of victims but Kate isn't that easy to get around. "The Wanting Heart" keeps ...more
Moriah Densley
Jul 21, 2012 Moriah Densley rated it really liked it
I don't typically read suspense, but Morgan's close look at the rodeo lifestyle drew me in. It's apparent the author poured her heart and soul into this book, and that she's a skilled rider herself. That made it a personal, intimate experience. There were moments I thought I smelled leather and dust. The friendship and family connections are heartwarming. Blake is truly heroic, and has the gentlemanly cowboy vibe going on - hot! I didn't always understand Kate, the heroine, but her humility and ...more
Cary Frates
Apr 16, 2013 Cary Frates rated it really liked it
Abandoned by her boyfriend, cowgirl Katherine forges ahead with her life regardless of her hurt, surround by supportive friends and her love of the competitive world of barrel ridding. When a handsome, wealthy man swoops in out to nowhere to woo her, Katherine is literally swept away, just as her former boyfriend, Blake, comes back to town. He hopes to make amends, but can barely find an opportunity to speak with her as she enjoys her new jet-set lifestyle. When terror and tragedy abruptly enter ...more
Winter
Jan 26, 2013 Winter rated it really liked it
I admit, I grabbed this book because it had a cowgirl in it, barrel racing/rodeo details, and a serial killer. :) It was a bit shorter than what I'm used to for Romantic Suspense, but the book moved along nicely and had a great cast of characters. The serial killer didn't quite make me shiver, but I wanted to scratch the jerks eyes out and then stab him a few times. How Kate gets her just desserts with him is one for the books. Bravo! Rionna Morgan did a wonderful job with the rodeo scenes, took ...more
Amanda
Jul 29, 2015 Amanda added it
dnf. Just wasn't my thing- way too miserable.
Lisa White
Jul 30, 2012 Lisa White rated it really liked it
THE WANTING HEART is one of those books you look forward to curling up with after a long day at the office. I could not wait to find out if Blake won Kate's love or if they were just two hearts passing in the night. And then to throw evil Luke in the mix, writer Morgan knows how to keep readers on their toes. A sense of family, friendship, love and a villain that threatens to destroy it all, THE WANTING HEART is worth reading well into the wee hours of the night.
Diane Jewkes
Oct 03, 2012 Diane Jewkes rated it it was amazing
The Wanting Heart is a page turner. If you like romantic suspense this is a must-read. The characters are multi-dimensional and compelling and the story never slows down building to an explosive climax that will have you gripping your book (or reader)until the very end.
LaurLa
Sep 25, 2013 LaurLa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars. Could have been a really strong book but characterization was weak. Didn't really get motivation behind any of their actions and it was rushed and too easily resolved in the end.
Kathleen Morgan
Jul 13, 2012 Kathleen Morgan rated it it was amazing
Rionna Morgan writes with a captivating mix of romance and suspense. Her story kept me wondering what would happen next and if Blake and his darlin' Kate would ever be together.
Denise
Feb 16, 2013 Denise rated it really liked it
Suspense and romance all in one.
Crystal
Jun 19, 2013 Crystal rated it it was ok
it was ok not my style
Annie
Jan 12, 2013 Annie rated it did not like it
Cheesy and irrational.
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Barb
Barb added it
Jun 14, 2016
Nechole Dawson
Nechole Dawson rated it it was ok
May 18, 2016
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Clare
Clare rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
shms
shms marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Pheonix Fanfiction
Pheonix Fanfiction marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Favorite Scene 1 3 Oct 15, 2012 11:19PM
  • California Sunset
  • Romancing Olive
  • Soul Seducer
  • Smitten Image
  • Angel's Assassin
  • Playing the Maestro
  • Gallagher's Hope (Montana Gallaghers, #2)
  • Shattered Silence (Men of the Texas Rangers, #2)
  • Chasing the Sun (Blood Rose, #3)
  • Some Like It in Handcuffs
  • Wild Horses
  • The Bridge of Deaths
  • She Wulf (Annie Loves Cham, #4
  • Atonement (Beartooth, Montana, #4)
  • Callie's Heart (Lasso Springs, #1)
  • The Gunslinger's Untamed Bride (Bride, #2)
  • Dust Devil
  • The Redemption of Micah (Plum Creek, #2)
Growing up out West, Rionna Morgan followed her love of horses to the rodeo arena and her love of English to the classroom and to writing. She has been looking forward to sharing her stories with you her whole life. Rionna is a founding member of Montana Romance Writers; she reads as much as she can possibly hold, and she loves most of all combining the chilling edge of a knife with the sweet surr ...more
More about Rionna Morgan...

“A true friend finds a way to celebrate—even in the worst moments of life—and forces it upon you.” 20 likes