Start by marking “Amelia's Last Secret” as Want to Read:
Amelia's Last Secret

Amelia's Last Secret

AMELIA'S disappearance stunned the world.
Her LAST SECRET will surprise you.

Amelia Earhart vanished 75 years ago while flying over the Pacific. Was she part of an American spy mission? Was she eloping to escape a suffocating lifestyle and marriage? Or did she die as a stowaway on a remote island? With Hillary Clinton's announcement that a team would be investigating new evi
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 80 pages
Published June 2nd 2012 by Writer's Blade Press (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Amelia's Last Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amelia's Last Secret

Amelia's Last Secret by Eric WilsonAmelia Earhart by John ParlinAmelia Earhart by Elgen LongNight Flight by Robert BurleighAmelia Earhart by Beatrice Gormley
Amelia Earhart
1st out of 10 books — 3 voters
Treasure Island by Robert Louis StevensonThe Time Machine by H.G. WellsA Pitch for Justice by Harold KasselmanChildren of the Plantation by Faith MortimerThe Alternates by Christopher Douglas
Good Amazon Kindle Books
93rd out of 98 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Lori Henrich
Jun 25, 2012 Lori Henrich rated it liked it
This is a story of what might have happened to cause Amelia Earhart's disappearance. It is based on some information that came to like when historical files where made public. It covers three different time eras. I really enjoyed reading this, although it made me sad to realize that to this day we don't have any idea what might have really happened to her.
Evangheline Farcas
Jun 04, 2012 Evangheline Farcas rated it it was amazing
This is one book I read in a day and that says a lot for me. I couldn't put it down. We are thrown right into the story that begins with Amelia at the begining of her last flight. The speculation in this book is believable and makes you wonder what if? Also it makes you want to dig deeper into history (which a good historical fiction will do). I found it fast paced, with the action begining immediately and holding you captive to the last word. It begins with the past and moves forward a few year ...more
Reuben H.
Jun 30, 2012 Reuben H. rated it it was amazing
Amelia's Last Secret is a novella by bestselling author Eric Wilson about the fate of Amelia Earhart—one of the most prominent and well-respected women in the history of the world. It is available on Amazon for $2.99 exclusively as an ebook.

Everyone knows Amelia Earhart, and everyone has at least speculated about her mysterious disappearance in history. Leave it to somebody like Eric Wilson to take the facts as we know them and write a brilliant story from it. He took real people, events, and in
Sean Savacool
Jun 10, 2012 Sean Savacool rated it it was amazing
When I first saw that Eric was going to be writing a novella, much less a speculative history novella, I got a little excited... and a little suspicious. Eric is known for writing thrillers with strong historical ties and complex characters that develop over a series of novels. His Jerusalem's Undead trilogy had its own rich mythology and ties to the historic that reached back to even his first novel. When I think Eric Wilson, I tend to think "big sprawling epic thousands of years in the making. ...more
C.J. Darlington
Jan 27, 2015 C.J. Darlington rated it really liked it
An imaginative "what if..." about a beloved historical figure that kept me turning pages even though historical isn't normally my genre. Lots of interesting details of the time period too! I should mention there is a thread that takes place in the present day as well, which was equally engaging. Great job, Eric!
Jun 25, 2012 Suzie rated it really liked it
I love history, so this book was right up my alley. It was a bit too short for my taste. The plot was developing great and then it seemed to rush to a conclusion at the end. There could have been a sequel in this book....
Jul 22, 2012 Jessica rated it really liked it
loved it. needed something simple and light to enjoy. I prefer factual material and Eric Wilson gave me just enough fact with fiction. great novella!
Mandy McHenry
Jul 16, 2012 Mandy McHenry rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Really enjoyed this quick read. After fininshing this book I had to google more information about her disappearance. Recommend.
Jun 23, 2012 Paula rated it liked it
Enjoyed the "last secrets" of what might have happened to Amelia and her plane. How much could have been true? Good short read!
Jul 04, 2012 Allen rated it really liked it
This is a short story about Amelia Earhart's last flight and what might have happened to her in the end.
Jun 28, 2012 Debbie rated it really liked it

Really enjoyed this story. So sad that they were not found in time.
Michael John Sullivan
Aug 03, 2012 Michael John Sullivan rated it it was amazing
Eric Wilson is one of the most underrated storytellers of our time. So, it wasn't surprising to me to see the many wonderful reviews about a woman the world adored. Having read up on Amelia Earhart a few times in my lifetime, I was especially intrigued to read what Wilson had to say.

I wasn't disappointed.

The author does a tremendous job with the details and giving the reader a wonderful feel to what it was like back during Earhart's lifetime. While it was 75 years ago, the questions surrounding
Dec 27, 2013 Amber rated it it was amazing
What happened that caused Amelia Earhart’s plane to crash 75 years ago where it did as opposed to where it was supposed to? Was it simple plane trouble or was sabotage involved? Was she trying to escape or run away from someone or something? Was Amelia caught up in something like espionage on behalf of the United States to report on the activities of the Japanese at the time when World War II was being fought?

There have been endless questions and scenarios that have been presented to explain the
James Bruno
Aug 14, 2013 James Bruno rated it really liked it
If you want a fun and fast read on your Kindle, get this swift-paced historical novella by NYT bestselling author Eric Wilson. The author takes on an unsolved mystery that has stumped countless investigators and researchers for three-quarters of a century: just what happened to aviatrix Amelia Earhart? But more intriguing than that question is: what might have happened to Earhart? This is where Wilson thrives -- taking an historical event and building a suspense-filled plot around it. Meticulous ...more
Aug 31, 2012 Kat rated it really liked it
I got this Kindle book while it was free on Amazon.

Initially, I had no idea who Amelia Earhart was. The first time I heard or learnt about her was... from the movie Night at the Museum 2 (I think), and it was only then that I started to google her up. And that's how I know something about her... not much, but something.

And that's why I got intrigued when I saw the title of this book.

This book is split into 4 parts, spanning 3 different timelines. First Amelia's time, then some years after, and t
Sep 30, 2016 charles rated it it was amazing
If you only read one book, let this be it!!! I loved the scenario of what COULD have happened when her plane disappeared. This definitely was hard to put down and so hard to believe there wasn't more as you turn the final page!
Mandy Robek
Dec 21, 2015 Mandy Robek rated it really liked it
Enjoyed my first novella and reminded me several things about my younger reading life. I loved reading about Amelia Earhart and history. This is a story about what could of happened with history sprinkled in.
Linda Gunther
May 09, 2014 Linda Gunther rated it it was amazing

this was an interesting grab your attention not want to put down type of read. it was short but a gripping and believable tale. this is definitely a keeper.
Colleen Lahey
Oct 01, 2014 Colleen Lahey rated it liked it
Solid story. Although no one knows for sure what happened to Amelia Earhart, this is as good a story as any.
Aug 03, 2012 Bethany rated it liked it
I love this kind of fiction - taking a well known character from history (I especially like doing this with Bible characters) and conjecturing about aspects of their lives.

This one is a fun twist on what might've happened to Amelia Earhart, a person in whom I am immensely fascinated. At a couple points it ceased to be believable, and at one point it felt a little contrived when the plot line of her story paralleled too closely with the plot line of another character. But overall, a fun read.
Jun 26, 2012 Stacey rated it liked it
This book had the potential to be much more than it was. Subplots that should have been developed were not (i.e. the group that the man in the closet worked for) and in one case, a character's murder was referred to when we didn't know the guy's name yet. Quick read and not bad, but could have been better. 2.5
Kim Cano
Aug 12, 2012 Kim Cano rated it really liked it
I didn't know a lot about Amelia before reading this, but since my dad is a pilot, I decided to check it out. I enjoyed what a strong woman she was, and how the book combined my two biggest fears--flying & sharks--which was frigtening. Anyone who loves to fly will enjoy this book.
Aug 19, 2012 Kristin rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction-other
I actually quite enjoyed this short book, and I'd like to look into more of Eric Wilson's work. I love stories where real history is intermingled with fiction. Very captivating from page one, though I thought that the present day portion of the story left something to be desired.
A fictionalized historical novella about the last days of Amelia Earhart and her around the world challenge. Interesting story with the precursors to World War II, World War II and present day times all intertwined to present a possible ending to Amelia Earhart's last flight.
Jul 10, 2012 Carol rated it really liked it
It was an enjoyable, short book. A little on the choppy side, as I think the author could have developed the present-day story more to really captivate the reader. I enjoyed the historical value as well as the author's speculation and would recommend this book to others.
Diane Lybbert
Jul 15, 2012 Diane Lybbert rated it liked it
Fictionalized account of Earhart's plane crash - she was carrying info to pass along to US Govt when plane hijacked by Japanese terrorist; she tries to pass info on after she crashes on Gardner Island & is dying from infected gunshot wound. Kind of interesting...
Aug 28, 2012 Stitchywoman rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Very quick read. I did enjoy it with the exception of the chapter that takes place in modern times. It just didn't feel like it belonged with the rest of the story although I understood the author's intent. That chapter just didn't work for me.
Jul 20, 2013 T rated it really liked it
A fictional account of Earhart's plane crash. She was carrying info to pass along to US Govt when plane hijacked by Japanese terrorist; she tries to pass info on after she crashes on Gardner Island & is dying from infected gunshot wound. Intriguing.
Jun 10, 2012 Jason rated it it was amazing
A very intriguing "what-if" on a very historically well-known mystery. Short but sweet and full of Eric's unique, never failing brand of twists and suspense. Very good read in-between full novels. And great e-book exclusive!
Aug 05, 2012 Ann rated it liked it
An interesting theory on what happened to Amelia on her last flight and one that I had not heard. I wish it had been longer and more detailed but there may be other books that dig deeper into this particular speculation.
  • The Girl Who Swam to Atlantis
  • Just Deceits
  • Cold April
  • Daughter of the Bamboo Forest
  • Telling Lies (Laurel and Helen New York Mystery #1)
  • The French Girl
  • The Sinking of the Titanic
  • A Slice of Life
  • Catch That Santa
  • Fated Hearts (A Novella)
  • Trapped On The Titanic
  • Rumors of Savages
  • Pirate Therapy and Other Cures
  • First Impressions
  • Heart of Mine (Bandit Creek, #16)
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • Circle of Bones (The Shipwreck Adventures #1)
  • Lady Iona's Rebellion

Eric Wilson is a NY Times bestselling author, known for novels that explore Earth's tension between heaven and hell. He latest suspense novels are ONE STEP AWAY and TWO SECONDS LATE, ultramodern twists on biblical tales. His novelization of the film OCTOBER BABY is now avai
More about Eric Wilson...