Start by marking “A Demon and His Psycho (Welcome to Hell, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Demon and His Psycho (Welcome to Hell, #2)

A Demon and His Psycho (Welcome to Hell #2)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  1,376 ratings  ·  94 reviews
Warning:This story centers around a grumpy demon holding onto an ancient vow and a perky psycho (with killer tendencies) who is determined to make him snap. There's cursing, melt-your-screen hotness, messed up religious tropes and snort out loud fun. If you enjoy raunchy humor, sizzling moments and already know you’re going to Hell, then dive on in.

I'm not crazy. I just ha
Published July 17th 2012 by Eve Langlais (first published July 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Demon and His Psycho, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Demon and His Psycho

Laurie Garrison
“Awesome” is what came to my mind when I quit reading this latest story by Eve. I’ll be placing this one under my new faves. This story is much longer then Eve’s other novellas and with the added length I really got to know the characters in depth and I feel like the rest of you will notice it and find it very satisfying.

Who would have guessed that Lucifer had a match making service? Well, leave it to Eve for her to make him master at matchmaking the most evil villains out there. This series is
Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club)

Who would have thought Lucifer being a perfect match maker? lol The man in charge of Hell himself is setting up couples and they are falling in love. Seems odd but he is trying to build his army.

Katie is a crazy psycho. She enjoys killing. Unfortunately in her human life this is what cost her, her life. Even if she did only kill scum bags who really didn't deserve to live. Sadly Katie has a bad past and trusts no man. Now in Hell the even call her The Black Widow. Even if she doesn't trust men,
Vanessa theJeepDiva
I love this series! I love the thought that Lucifer is playing matchmaker to add numbers to his army. I love the couples that Eve creates. I love the situations that she puts them in to put them together. I enjoy the quirkiness that makes what would seem like a dark book into a humorous read.

Katie is krazy. She not only loves her job as executioner, a job that she excels at, she lives for it. It helps her with her anger issues, which she has plenty of. Katie is not just a little off, she is way
Jessica Weissenburger
This is a great series and I absolutely love this author, but this story fell somewhat short for me. Although I did enjoy the characters I was a little let down by a few things. The first was Xaphan. He was an amazing warrior, intelligent even and yet it took him 300 years (WOW!) to figure out the obvious about his former lover. I was beyond skeptical that this guy could be so blind and stupid to the truth.

Katie was as crazy as a loon and a serial killer, though she did only kill the ones who de
Jenifer Mohammed
Okay, on one hand Katie is dangerous and psychotic which are not the qualities I look for in a heroine. She is really bubbly and sweet which masks her truly deadly and crazy core. Xaphan starts off seeming normal but turns out that he is almost as crazy as she is. Now, if these were humans on earth, I'd find their wholesale slaughtering very, very disturbing. However, since they're in Hell and slaughtering demons for looking at them funny etc. then their bloodlust is a little more acceptable.

Ove
Lyndi
Nothing screamed made-for-each-other-couple like matching murderous tendencies.

I was one part fascinated, one part horrified at Katie's behavior. Total fucking psycho. Total fucking entertainment. I know this is part of a series, which I fully intend to read, but Katie and Xaphan deserve their own series. Manic pixie murderess and her demon boyfriend just wrecking things and making out hardcore atop a pile of dead bodies. Best seller.
Melanie

What happens when a grumpy, celibate demon and a peppy, murdering psycho are forced to team up to find Lucifer's granddaughter's lost baby pink dragon? Sexy, fluffy fun with an evil twist as only Eve Langlais can deliver!

This one very much reminded of Langlais' 'Bunny and the Bear' - with the seemingly air-headed and über-bubbly chick annoying the pants off the grumpy, reluctantly interested gruff guy - only more, well, evil (they do live in hell and work for Lucifer after all). There'
namericanwordcat
Usually, I love the dynamic of the uptight hero and the sunny heroine. I was warned she was a psycho in the title but man was she manic and annoying. I just couldn't get into it. I tried. I like bad girl heroines.
Cocktails and Books
A DEMON AND HIS PSYCHO is the second book in the Welcome to Hell series. Lucifer is at it again with his matchmaking prowess as he brings together a stoic half-demon with more honor than Lucifer would like and a crazy-ass psycho who’s fluent in killing and sexual innuendo. The two are tasked with finding a missing pet dragon belonging to Lucifer’s granddaughter. It’s sure to be one “hell” of a ride LOL!

Eve Langlais is an EVE-il genius! Her books are always laugh out loud funny and this one was n
Melanie

Review originally posted at RabidReads.com.

I read the first book in this series last summer. I picked it up as a freebie. At the time that I read A Demon and His Witch, I didn’t realize it was a spinoff Eve Langlais’ Princess of Hell series (which I loved and first introduced me to Eve). Lucifer is the same character in both series and we do see characters from the first series in this one.

This book has Lucifer pairing two of his best henchmen together to search for his granddaughter’s
Coyora Dokusho
I loved it until I hated it and then I liked it again XD. I want to read about more cloud cuckoolanders...
Kelly
HOLY WOW! If Katie's psychopathic tendencies don't make you giggle... wait. What does it say about me that I find her particular brand of crazy highly entertaining? Don't answer that.

Right. So. Katie and Xaphan. She's Lucifer's favorite assassin, he's a demon determined to uphold his vow. Which drives Luc absolutely bonkers, btw. What sort of demon holds true to a vow he made three hundred years ago? Xaphan, that's who. But when he breaks it, he breaks it in a big way.

Honestly, he and Katie are
Gaele
Another from Eve Langlais, and there are so many elements to enjoy that it is hard to pick just one. Lucifer is front and center in this story, perhaps in a marionette master sort of way: it is his machinations and matchmaking that is pairing his loyal minions with one purpose in mind: increasing the demon army in hell.

Katie is an executioner: she loves her job. No she really LOVES her job. Katie has anger issues, and is clinically diagnosable. But there is a deliciously wicked twist to Katie:
Heather andrews
Xaphan is seriously a moody twat, "with a growl, more with annoyance at himself than her sly innuendo, he set her down - against his c***'s wishes. "Be more careful. The next time there might not be someone there to catch you." Katie I just loved her even if the girl was completely off her rocker half the time, "funny, because either you're horny or that's some wicked cod piece you've got hiding in your pants." Xaphan he makes some dirty, yummy promises to Katie, "it's you that needs to worry ab ...more
Tammy Sargeant
Wow this story was seriously insane...Umm...Katie needs a doctor or some pills. It was a fun book to the point Katie became annoyingly funny trying to steal X from his "girlfriend" She doesn't like cheating men, but yet she's nudging Xaphan every chance she gets so he sleeps with her. Anyways X was......slow witted? I question this because at some points he seemed really smart, but when it comes to women he was a serious dumb ass. Some crazy moments were in this book. EG. when X is trying to win ...more
Lexxie
Sep 03, 2012 Lexxie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Erotica + humor lovers
Everybody knows I love a good Eve Langlais story, with its' mix of humor, hotness and incredible intrigues. This one was no exception to that rule! Loved it :)

Full review is up at Risque Reviews.
Tasha
Okay so this is the 2nd book to "Welcome to Hell" and I got to say I laughed pretty hard but not as much as the first one. This one is about Katie who just happened to be the Devil's Executioner unbeknownst to most people because they go by looks instead of actions but the find that out way too late. And her newest partner, Xaphan, who just happens to be half demon but is a warrior who deals death on the mortal realm. Lucifer is up to his old games again with matchmaking and I got to say he does ...more
R *is for Relentless*
Fun,sexy , slightly psychotic, romp through Hell. Love returning to this world. I can count on this author to deliver a funny yet still very hot read. It was just what I needed and I didnt have to make a deal with the Devil to get it!
Rachel
Eve Langlais continues her ‘Welcome to Hell’ series of books with ‘A Demon And His Psycho’, which inline with the first book is outstanding. Having read Langlais before I knew her style to be fun and creative with deep emotional character interactions – I wasn’t disappointed by this book, rather enchanted that once again Langlais is able to dig into her imagination and produce another phenomenal series.

Lucifer is again matchmaking, in this second book, and Xaphan and Katie are his intended victi
Sophia
My first time for a psycho murderess as a heroine and oddly, I found her a fun, flirty and endearing character (no reflection on my I'll have you know). Paired with a staid, serious, demon vowed to celibacy for his one true love to find a pink dragon belonging to Lucifer's granddaughter just makes this quite the romp around hell.

This is the second installment in the Welcome to Hell Series. It is a versatile series in that this one can be read as a standalone, out of order or in the correct order
LastBreath
What do you get when you cross a noble yet jealous, half-demon, and a blonde energizer bunny who tends to kill anything that hits on her? A romance made in the Nine Circles of Hell!

In Lucifer's quest to replenish his dwindling Legion, he has taken to teaming up interesting minions with special abilities. This recent couple (Katie the cute psycho and Xaphan the serious demon) have their share of personal hang ups, but their skill with blades and tracking is irrefutable. However their sexual frust
Valerie
After finishing a "Demon and His Witch," I immediately jumped into this book and finished in only a few hours. I couldn't put it down and I have to say so far this one was my favorite!!! I loved Katie and her psycho tendencies!! She was a hilarious and I loved the way she brought Xaphan out of his pathetic vow!! They made the perfect pair!! The story was great and super steamy!! Loved the ending, lol!! Highly recommend, can't wait to start the next in the series!!
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Another brilliant book in the series.

I loved that we already know that Lucifer is playing match maker with some of his better staff. It gives us a whole new way to look at him especially the way some of them get away with talking to him.

Xaphan is our moody demon, a man who made a vow to his lover three hundred years ago and still lives by it ever faithfully.

Katie is the fun loving, bubbly psycho intent on seducing him and getting him to lighten up. The problem is that after she sleeps with a man
tracey welch
Not as good as the first book

This was ok,but not as good as the first book. The female psycho was an annoying character as she came off rather stupid than truly psychotic. The story was about the same as a the first but I felt the first was charming and this one missed by a mile. I hope that next is up to par. The premise behind the stories so far is cute for a quick read and adult romance.
Shari
I'm really enjoying this series! They are funny, cute, sexy, entertaining. If you are looking for a different look into hell... want to read romance with a touch of comedy... this is it! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the Welcome to Hell Books. Then... finding the rest of the books that Eve Langlais wrote. ;)

They are quick, easy reads.
Stand-only books. You will revisit some characters from previous books. Love it!
Angelica
Light, superficial read. Normally I enjoy these kinds of stories with no qualms, but this story was very short and very shallow. Had no time to care for the characters before they're sleeping together, resolving centuries old issues, and falling in love with a blink of an eye. Again, normally I wouldn't have any problems with that, but this was way too short. Need a bit more bang for my buck.
Erin
Okay.. this one is not perfect. At all.
1) I don't think Mrs Langlais has any concept of what '300 years' actually is. She was referring as him being a 'knight'. I'm sorry, but just over 230 years was the American Revolution. Knights were not running around with swords and chainmaille (which was mentioned).
2) The word 'psycho' was used far too much. Annoyingly so.

Otherwise it was a fun romp.
Kim O'Daniel
Oh how I loved this book I love how Lucifer is the match maker and keeps pairing up hi employees and omg is not only a romance but it can have you crying and laughing and when Katie comes flying into Xaphan’s life, upsetting centuries of self-inflicted misery a vow he never should have made is very hard to keep but Katie the little psycho makes him feel things he hasn't felt in years when Lucifer send them on a quest its hard for xaphan as Katie is determined to seduce him
I word of adviser if yo
Patti Ashley
A laugh out loud

A laugh out loud

The psycho is a little off putting at first, but keep reading, there is a method to her madness. Her demon is an honorable warrior who needs her to loosen him up. Toss in a pink dragon, lots of sword play, and a crazy ex, I laughed from beginning to end.
Mare
Xaphan, a half demon, is in hell working off a debt he made 300 yr ago to protect his love & has been true to her since. When Lucifer pairs him with psycho-Katie to find his granddaughters pet dragon...his patience is tested. Katie is FUN...her lude comments just ro rile Xaphan are funny.
Another fun story in thus series!
Eve's Entourage: This topic has been closed to new comments. A Demon and his Psycho - GIVEAWAY 15 9 Sep 21, 2012 03:27AM
  • Daughter of Lust (For the Love of Evil, #1)
  • My Demon Saint (Shifting Reality, #2)
  • Eye of the Beholder (True Destiny, #2)
  • The Bond That Consumes Us (Eternal Bond, #3)
  • Destiny Bewitched (Shadows of Destiny, #4)
  • I Hear Voices
  • Sunburn (Greek God, #3)
  • Lust & Wrath (Anything Goes, #3)
  • The Dragons' Demon (Ethereal Foes, #1)
  • Demon Hunting in the Deep South (Demon Hunting, #2)
  • Angel Betrayed (The Fallen, #2)
  • Stealing Fate
  • Mary and the Bear (True Mates, #2)
  • Lyon's Price (Zodiac Cyborgs, #1)
  • Heaven Sent (Fallen Angel, #3)
  • Dragon's Prey (Shadow of the Dragon, #4)
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author

Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens .

I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. While well known for my shifter stories, I am also extremely partial to ali
More about Eve Langlais...

Welcome to Hell (4 books)
  • A Demon and His Witch (Welcome to Hell, #1)
  • A Demon and Her Scot (Welcome to Hell, #3)
  • Hell's Kitty (Welcome to Hell, #4)
Bunny and the Bear (Furry United Coalition, #1) Delicate Freakn' Flower (Freakn' Shifters, #1) Accidental Abduction (Alien Abduction, #1) Defying Pack Law (Pack, #1) Croc and the Fox (Furry United Coalition, #3)