A Demon and His Psycho (Welcome to Hell, #2)

A Demon and His Psycho (Welcome to Hell #2)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  902 ratings  ·  65 reviews
Warning:This story centers around a grumpy demon holding onto an ancient vow and a perky psycho (with killer tendencies) who is determined to make him snap. There's cursing, melt-your-screen hotness, messed up religious tropes and snort out loud fun. If you enjoy raunchy humor, sizzling moments and already know you’re going to Hell, then dive on in.

I'm not crazy. I just ha...more
Published July 17th 2012 by Eve Langlais (first published July 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Demon and His Psycho, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Demon and His Psycho

Laurie (Bitten by Romance)
“Awesome” is what came to my mind when I quit reading this latest story by Eve. I’ll be placing this one under my new faves. This story is much longer then Eve’s other novellas and with the added length I really got to know the characters in depth and I feel like the rest of you will notice it and find it very satisfying.

Who would have guessed that Lucifer had a match making service? Well, leave it to Eve for her to make him master at matchmaking the most evil villains out there. This series is...more
Amber I. (AwesomeSauce Book Club)

Who would have thought Lucifer being a perfect match maker? lol The man in charge of Hell himself is setting up couples and they are falling in love. Seems odd but he is trying to build his army.

Katie is a crazy psycho. She enjoys killing. Unfortunately in her human life this is what cost her, her life. Even if she did only kill scum bags who really didn't deserve to live. Sadly Katie has a bad past and trusts no man. Now in Hell the even call her The Black Widow. Even if she doesn't trust men,...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
I love this series! I love the thought that Lucifer is playing matchmaker to add numbers to his army. I love the couples that Eve creates. I love the situations that she puts them in to put them together. I enjoy the quirkiness that makes what would seem like a dark book into a humorous read.

Katie is krazy. She not only loves her job as executioner, a job that she excels at, she lives for it. It helps her with her anger issues, which she has plenty of. Katie is not just a little off, she is way...more
Jessica Weissenburger
This is a great series and I absolutely love this author, but this story fell somewhat short for me. Although I did enjoy the characters I was a little let down by a few things. The first was Xaphan. He was an amazing warrior, intelligent even and yet it took him 300 years (WOW!) to figure out the obvious about his former lover. I was beyond skeptical that this guy could be so blind and stupid to the truth.

Katie was as crazy as a loon and a serial killer, though she did only kill the ones who de...more
Jenifer Mohammed
Okay, on one hand Katie is dangerous and psychotic which are not the qualities I look for in a heroine. She is really bubbly and sweet which masks her truly deadly and crazy core. Xaphan starts off seeming normal but turns out that he is almost as crazy as she is. Now, if these were humans on earth, I'd find their wholesale slaughtering very, very disturbing. However, since they're in Hell and slaughtering demons for looking at them funny etc. then their bloodlust is a little more acceptable.

Ove...more
Melanie

What happens when a grumpy, celibate demon and a peppy, murdering psycho are forced to team up to find Lucifer's granddaughter's lost baby pink dragon? Sexy, fluffy fun with an evil twist as only Eve Langlais can deliver!

This one very much reminded of Langlais' 'Bunny and the Bear' - with the seemingly air-headed and über-bubbly chick annoying the pants off the grumpy, reluctantly interested gruff guy - only more, well, evil (they do live in hell and work for Lucifer after all). There'...more
Kelly
HOLY WOW! If Katie's psychopathic tendencies don't make you giggle... wait. What does it say about me that I find her particular brand of crazy highly entertaining? Don't answer that.

Right. So. Katie and Xaphan. She's Lucifer's favorite assassin, he's a demon determined to uphold his vow. Which drives Luc absolutely bonkers, btw. What sort of demon holds true to a vow he made three hundred years ago? Xaphan, that's who. But when he breaks it, he breaks it in a big way.

Honestly, he and Katie are...more
Gaele
Another from Eve Langlais, and there are so many elements to enjoy that it is hard to pick just one. Lucifer is front and center in this story, perhaps in a marionette master sort of way: it is his machinations and matchmaking that is pairing his loyal minions with one purpose in mind: increasing the demon army in hell.

Katie is an executioner: she loves her job. No she really LOVES her job. Katie has anger issues, and is clinically diagnosable. But there is a deliciously wicked twist to Katie:...more
Heather andrews
Xaphan is seriously a moody twat, "with a growl, more with annoyance at himself than her sly innuendo, he set her down - against his c***'s wishes. "Be more careful. The next time there might not be someone there to catch you." Katie I just loved her even if the girl was completely off her rocker half the time, "funny, because either you're horny or that's some wicked cod piece you've got hiding in your pants." Xaphan he makes some dirty, yummy promises to Katie, "it's you that needs to worry ab...more
Tammy Sargeant
Wow this story was seriously insane...Umm...Katie needs a doctor or some pills. It was a fun book to the point Katie became annoyingly funny trying to steal X from his "girlfriend" She doesn't like cheating men, but yet she's nudging Xaphan every chance she gets so he sleeps with her. Anyways X was......slow witted? I question this because at some points he seemed really smart, but when it comes to women he was a serious dumb ass. Some crazy moments were in this book. EG. when X is trying to win...more
Lexxie
Sep 03, 2012 Lexxie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Erotica + humor lovers
Everybody knows I love a good Eve Langlais story, with its' mix of humor, hotness and incredible intrigues. This one was no exception to that rule! Loved it :)

Full review is up at Risque Reviews.
R *is for Relentless*
Fun,sexy , slightly psychotic, romp through Hell. Love returning to this world. I can count on this author to deliver a funny yet still very hot read. It was just what I needed and I didnt have to make a deal with the Devil to get it!
Rachel
Eve Langlais continues her ‘Welcome to Hell’ series of books with ‘A Demon And His Psycho’, which inline with the first book is outstanding. Having read Langlais before I knew her style to be fun and creative with deep emotional character interactions – I wasn’t disappointed by this book, rather enchanted that once again Langlais is able to dig into her imagination and produce another phenomenal series.

Lucifer is again matchmaking, in this second book, and Xaphan and Katie are his intended victi...more
Sophia
My first time for a psycho murderess as a heroine and oddly, I found her a fun, flirty and endearing character (no reflection on my I'll have you know). Paired with a staid, serious, demon vowed to celibacy for his one true love to find a pink dragon belonging to Lucifer's granddaughter just makes this quite the romp around hell.

This is the second installment in the Welcome to Hell Series. It is a versatile series in that this one can be read as a standalone, out of order or in the correct order...more
Valerie
After finishing a "Demon and His Witch," I immediately jumped into this book and finished in only a few hours. I couldn't put it down and I have to say so far this one was my favorite!!! I loved Katie and her psycho tendencies!! She was a hilarious and I loved the way she brought Xaphan out of his pathetic vow!! They made the perfect pair!! The story was great and super steamy!! Loved the ending, lol!! Highly recommend, can't wait to start the next in the series!!
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Another brilliant book in the series.

I loved that we already know that Lucifer is playing match maker with some of his better staff. It gives us a whole new way to look at him especially the way some of them get away with talking to him.

Xaphan is our moody demon, a man who made a vow to his lover three hundred years ago and still lives by it ever faithfully.

Katie is the fun loving, bubbly psycho intent on seducing him and getting him to lighten up. The problem is that after she sleeps with a man...more
tracey welch
Not as good as the first book

This was ok,but not as good as the first book. The female psycho was an annoying character as she came off rather stupid than truly psychotic. The story was about the same as a the first but I felt the first was charming and this one missed by a mile. I hope that next is up to par. The premise behind the stories so far is cute for a quick read and adult romance.
Shari
I'm really enjoying this series! They are funny, cute, sexy, entertaining. If you are looking for a different look into hell... want to read romance with a touch of comedy... this is it! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the Welcome to Hell Books. Then... finding the rest of the books that Eve Langlais wrote. ;)

They are quick, easy reads.
Stand-only books. You will revisit some characters from previous books. Love it!
Angelica
Light, superficial read. Normally I enjoy these kinds of stories with no qualms, but this story was very short and very shallow. Had no time to care for the characters before they're sleeping together, resolving centuries old issues, and falling in love with a blink of an eye. Again, normally I wouldn't have any problems with that, but this was way too short. Need a bit more bang for my buck.
Kim
Oh how I loved this book I love how Lucifer is the match maker and keeps pairing up hi employees and omg is not only a romance but it can have you crying and laughing and when Katie comes flying into Xaphan’s life, upsetting centuries of self-inflicted misery a vow he never should have made is very hard to keep but Katie the little psycho makes him feel things he hasn't felt in years when Lucifer send them on a quest its hard for xaphan as Katie is determined to seduce him
I word of adviser if yo...more
Patti Ashley
A laugh out loud

A laugh out loud

The psycho is a little off putting at first, but keep reading, there is a method to her madness. Her demon is an honorable warrior who needs her to loosen him up. Toss in a pink dragon, lots of sword play, and a crazy ex, I laughed from beginning to end.
Mare
Xaphan, a half demon, is in hell working off a debt he made 300 yr ago to protect his love & has been true to her since. When Lucifer pairs him with psycho-Katie to find his granddaughters pet dragon...his patience is tested. Katie is FUN...her lude comments just ro rile Xaphan are funny.
Another fun story in thus series!
Tasha
This is a great series and I absolutely love this author. Who would have thought Lucifer being a perfect match maker? Not me, but hey I guess now you can say we have a hell of a cupid. I love the couples that Eve creates. Fun, sexy, slightly psychotic, romp through Hell. Another brilliant book in the series.
SaturNalia
Simple, fast read with unlikable characters. Katie is a psychotic serial killer, who works for the Devil after her execution. Xaphan is a dim witted beta demon, assigned to work with Katie. The job is simple find the Devil's missing pink dragon. I didn't like Katie, she was juvenile, always giggling and speaking constantly in sexual innuendos. What irritated me the most was her seduction of a taken man. She thought Xaphan was in a relationship but tried to seduce him anyway. I was dissapointed i...more
Heather Fortman
Jun 01, 2014 Heather Fortman rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Seriously laughed my butt off throughout this one! It's a FANTASTIC read! Almost too good because I don't want to stop reading about Xaphan and his psycho Katie! From the first time you meet 'grumpy' to Katie's antics, you'll be roaring with laughter, or in my case snickering into the pillows so I don't wake DH up! Join them as they hunt for the elusive treasures, antics, and giant ego's from one end of Hell's 9 rings to the other! There's never a dull moment in ANY of Eve's books and especially...more
Neena
I liked this book. There was quite a bit of humor throughout, but I wish there had been a bit more character development. It was a bit shallow, in my opinion. However, it was perfect for a vacation read.
Amanda
I love how fast this book goes. They meet, they fight, they fall in love in about 100 pages. And giant toads that jump out of the mud and eat your face with huge teeth is an added bonus.
Suzan
Aug 01, 2012 Suzan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of paranormal Romance
Recommended to Suzan by: Awesomesauce bookclub
I really am enjoying the Welcome To Hell series! It has me smiling and laughing the whole way through! The banter between the main characters is hilarious. The Psycho Katie had me in stiches with how she kept baiting Xaphan and he was funny when he finally loosened up and started turning the tables on her! I also love Lucifer in the series and his relationship with Gaia (she keeps popping up at the worst times for him to catch him saying something that gets him in trouble with her!). I'm looking...more
Kaylie Newman
I adored Katie her perky psycho-killer nature is amazing.

Side note isnt that the same cover picture as sherrilyn kenyons cloak and silence?
Debbie
Lucifer is setting up couples and they are falling in love. A Demon and His Psycho (Welcome to Hell #2) is another great read. This book is about Katie a psychotic and Xaphan who in the beginning of the book seems normal but turns out that he is almost as crazy as Katie. Lucifer partners the two up to find his granddaughters Pink dragon. There were a few funny spots and well to be truthful the sex was hot. I am really enjoying this series. Who knew that Lucifer was a matchmaker!
Eve's Entourage: A Demon and his Psycho - GIVEAWAY 15 9 Sep 21, 2012 03:27AM
  • Artistic Vision (Gray Court, #3)
  • Daughter of Lust (For the Love of Evil, #1)
  • Getting Familiar with Your Demon (That Old Black Magic, #4)
  • Sunburn (Greek God, #3)
  • A Taste for a Mate (Redwood Pack, #2)
  • The Demon's Bargain (Demons Unleashed, #1)
  • Shifting Hearts (Wiccan Haus, #1)
  • Dragon's Lair (Dragon's Lair, #1)
  • Keeping Paige (Divinity Warriors, #3)
  • Moonlight and Magic (Moonlight and Magic, #1)
  • Keeping Her
  • Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
  • Demonically Tempted (Frostbite, #2)
  • A Tale Of Two Dragons (Dragon Kin, #0.2)
  • Down With The Tunes (Who Needs Christmas?, #5)
~ New York Times and USA Today Bestseller

Hello, my name is Eve Langlais and I am an International Bestselling author who loves to write hot romance, usually with werewolves, cyborgs or aliens .

I should warn you, I have a twisted imagination and a sarcastic sense of humor something I like to let loose in my writing. While well known for my shifter stories, I am also extremely partial to aliens, th...more
More about Eve Langlais...
Bunny and the Bear (Furry United Coalition, #1) Delicate Freakn' Flower (Freakn' Shifters, #1) Accidental Abduction (Alien Abduction, #1) Defying Pack Law (Pack, #1) Croc And The Fox (Furry United Coalition, #3)