Start by marking “Voodoo or Die” as Want to Read:
Voodoo or Die

Voodoo or Die (Voodoo in Mojo #2)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  1,579 ratings  ·  117 reviews
You always find your mojo in the last place you look for it…

Gloria Dalton was forced into the witness protection program as a teenager and ripped away from her first love. She’s spent her entire life looking over her shoulder. Now 30, she decides to move to the small town of Mojo, Louisiana to take over the practice of a dead lawyer and to start her life over, hopefully fo
Nook
Published November 8th 2011 by Stephanie Bond, Inc. (first published October 31st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Voodoo or Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voodoo or Die

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
The sequel to In Deep Voodoo. I actually enjoyed this one a little more than the first. The characters were more likable. Of course the coincidence of Gloria Dalton and Zane Riley end up in the same town. The Diane Davidson storyline was also a bit much to take. The series is very open for a third book. However, three years after the last and nothing is forthcoming. Still fun and light.
Sally Kilpatrick
It's possible I liked this story better than the first. Thanks to the Witness Protection Program, Gloria has plenty of secrets to hide. Chance brings Zane, her beloved boyfriend from her old life, into her life. She's changed so much about herself that he doesn't recognize her even though losing her so unexpectedly was the impetus for his career in law enforcement.

Mojo brings back all of the quirky humor you would expect. You'll meet all sorts of old friends from In Deep Voodoo, and you'll make
jenjn79
This was a book I had an incredibly hard time getting through. Usually I can finish a book in like 1.5-2 days, but this took me about 5 days. It was just chock full of problems and not all that interesting. I was really tempted to just stop reading and chuck it back on my bookshelf.

There were a number of critical problems in this book, and right off the bat, I had issues. The book ties in with Bond's previous novel "In Deep Voodoo" in that it takes place in the same town, has common characters,
Barbara ★
Gloria Dalton is one scared puppy. Her mother testified against a crime boss and they were both put into the witness protection program. Years have passed and she is now a lawyer and has recently moved to Mojo, LA. By coincidence, her childhood boyfriend, Zane, also just moved to Mojo as the sheriff.

Murder is running rampant in town and Gloria is present at all the crime scenes and Zane (not knowing who she is) suspects Gloria. It is one mishap after another between the two until Zane figures ou
Kathy

There's just something about the characters in Mojo that are so lovable. Stephanie Bond does a great job of character building and plot. The book kept me intrigued, as did the first in the series. I look forward to more in the Mojo voodoo series.
Kimz Zahour
Once again with this author I really like the characters and the story is entertaining enough but I find the circumstances unbelievable. A fun read if you don't expect too much.
Becky
I really enjoyed both of the Voodoo series books. Interesting stories and characters kept me reading nearly nonstop for 3 days. I look forward to more from this author!
Wendy Cantu
I’m sad to say Voodoo or Die, the sequel to Stephanie Bond’s In Deep Voodoo, missed its mark.

At the end of Voodoo or Die, there were so many potential mysteries that could’ve been made great stories for a sequel, but instead Bond chose to push those stories aside in favor of introducing a new main character and a new plot.

Deep Voodoo centers around Penny’s lawyer, Gloria Dalton, who has just moved to Mojo to take over Deke’s law practice. Little does everyone know that Gloria Dalton is actually
Debbie
Oh, give me a break. This story was just implausible and filled with too many ridiculous coincidences. I first began to get annoyed when, minutes after a long reverie about Gloria's high school boyfriend whom she had to leave with no explanation some years ago when she went into the Witness Protection Program (!), said boyfriend just happened to walk into the room. In small-town Louisiana. As the new police chief of the town,Mojo, which Gloria also just moved into. And though she recognizes him ...more
Elizabeth Noah Astle
Julie
Fun story, but the narrator made some choices that didn't always work for me. Her Gloria voice is bad and stuffy sounding, but I think it's supposed to be. She has an obvious Canadian pronunciation most of the time, which is out of place for a story taking place in Louisiana. Also, what's the deal with how she pronounces "garage"? Nails on a chalkboard!

But yeah... the story works. It was a free download when I got it on Kindle, but it would definitely be worth paying for it.
missy
Who knew that voodoo could get you...hooked!

Who knew that voodoo could get you...hooked!

I have read Stephanie Bond in the past and loved all of her stories. This voodoo series is awesome! I can't wait for the next one to come out! I love murder mysteries but I also love to laugh and somehow she ties them both together with a nice little bow.
You're amazing Stephanie!!!!
Trudy
Finding Your Mojo is the sequel to Bond's In Deep Voodoo. It appears that this book has been renamed Voodoo or Die and re-released (perhaps with some editing??). I know that the first chapters are identical, having compared Amazon's "Look inside this book" on their Voodoo or Die listing with the hardcopy of Finding Your Mojo that I own. Confused? I was. I was also disappointed to realize that the existence of this third title did not mean there was a third book in the series. Luckily, I found th ...more
Barbara
The second in the series set in Mojo, LA, the reader finds attorney Gloria Dalton settling in to her new digs. She's been forced into the Witness Protection Program and has had to leave the boy she first loved, Zane Riley.

However, a welcoming gift--a voodoo doll, natch--worries her and then her male paralegal dies in a car accident. The new Chief of Police investigates, and Gloria is stunned to see that it's Zane. Can Gloria keep her identity concealed from Zane?

This book has a little more mys
Ginny Yancey
True Book Love

True Book Love

I love this book series. I definitely will be watching for new books in it. The author is hilarious and great at keeping you guessing. The characters in this book are really the icing on the cake! Such a fast enjoyable read I could not put it down until I had read every word!
Luna Raven
You'll have to suspend disbelief for this one: in a world that is even smaller than we realize the main character moves to a tiny town only to come face to face with the boy she loved and lost many years before. In a story involving murder and witness protection, there are fun moments and silly ones. Her Body Mover's series flows better.
Lynda Kelly
Another great story by this author. Loved this one and I'm really disappointed that she appears to have dropped this series as we've got to know all the characters and I really like them and reading all about Mojo. There are so many stories still to be told, I'd expect. I'd like to learn more about Jimmy and Henry and their lives for starters.
I preferred this one to the first in the series. Gloria's tale was a really interesting one. Plus I "know" all the townspeople now.
Again, there were plent
Gail
The heroine was impoverished because her husband committed fraud and absconded with the proceeds, leaving her to live as best she could. Now she's discovered that he's changed his name and is about to marry some other naive woman--committing bigamy. It's her responsibility to travel to Scotland and confront the scoundrel, and rescue the maiden. On the way, her carriage is accosted by Scottish reivers, and she's rescued by a pistol-packing Texan who's come to Scotland to check out a story his fat ...more
Marjorie
There were supposed to be a few more books in this series. Looks like they won't be written, which is too bad as she left a few loose ends. Again, a little too much sex but at least it's possible to skip the scenes without missing any plot.
Laura Humbert
Great summer read

Great summer read

not brain surgery but this book moved fast had interesting characters and was entertaining. I would like to read her other Mojo stories .

Leah
A good enough plot and the characters were well-written, but the actual story was so-so. Very predictable and I didn't quite catch the humor the subtitle describes. A quick, decent enough, cookie cutter read.
Josetta
This book wasn't too bad. The ending was pretty contrived and tied up very neatly, but I finished reading it and that's something. I am going to go back and read the first one.
Rhonda
I loved the first book in this series so I felt let down in this book. the storyline was good but weak in places and lacked the same humorous undertones that the first book had.
Beth Seman
Liked this one a bit more. Filled in some holes from the first book and I loved the Gloria character more so than Penny from book one. Enjoyed it.
Bronwyn
witness protection program, old lovers, voodoo dolls and blackmail all come together. Characters are appealing. Fun read.
Tina
I love this cast of misfits. They make you want to visit Mojo. Can't wait until the next book of zany capers is released.
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Overall, I enjoyed this book. The storyline was a bit unrealistic, but if you are able to set all that aside it was a nice story. I read the first in series In Deep Voodoo and really enjoyed it. My only concern with this book is the author kept going on about Gloria and her unrequited feelings for her high school boyfriend. It got tedious and after awhile it being annoying. Overall, I enjoyed the book and hope the author continues with the series. I will definitely continue reading.
Cindy
Dec 10, 2007 Cindy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: lovers of Stephanie Bond's mysteries
FINDING YOUR MOJO is a sequel to IN DEEP VOODOO, another Stephanie Bond romance/mystery I heartily recommend. While FINDING YOUR MOJO does stand alone, it does reference the outcome of the mystery in IN DEEP VOODOO and carries some characters from one book to the other, so I'd recommend reading IN DEEP VOODOO first. It looks like the author is setting us up for more books in the series, and I'm looking forward to them. Mojo is a quirky little Louisuianna town chock full of interesting residents ...more
Carole Anderson
A funny, mystery, love story. I enjoyed it a lot. It was the first time I've read this author. Set in a small town that has lots of funny quirks and now a lawyer and a police chief in love . . .just a fun, easy read. I will read more of Stephanie Bond.
Jeanne Marchiondo
Fast, fun read.

A quirky small-town mystery spiced with murder mystery and romance! Lots of twists and a satisfying ending. Good beach book.
Goodreads Librari...: Best way to sort this please 2 27 May 16, 2013 06:58AM
  • Digging Up Death (Mari Duggins Mystery, #1)
  • In Deep Shitake (Shitake Mystery, #1)
  • One O'Clock Jump: A Dorie Lennox Mystery
  • Progressive Dinner Deadly (A Myrtle Clover Mystery #3)
  • September Fair (Murder-by-Month Mystery #5)
  • Loose Screw (Dusty Deals Mystery #1)
  • Hooked
  • Murder Passes the Buck (Gertie Johnson, #1)
  • The Heart of Lies (Paradise Valley Mystery, #2)
  • Jackrabbit Junction Jitters (Jackrabbit Junction, #2)
  • Scared Stiff (Mattie Winston Mysteries, #2)
  • An Eye for Murder (Ellie Foreman, #1)
  • Down Home And Deadly  (Sleuthing Sisters Mystery #3)
  • The Case of the Flashing Fashion Queen (Dix Dodd Mystery, #1)
  • The Huntress
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Light the Hidden Things
  • Death Benefits (Southern Fraud Thriller, #2)
Stephanie Bond was seven years deep into a systems engineering career and pursuing an MBA at night when an instructor remarked that she had a flair for writing and suggested that she submit to academic journals. But Stephanie, a voracious reader, was only interested in writing fiction–more specifically, romantic fiction.

Upon completing her master’s degree and with no formal training in writing (he
More about Stephanie Bond...

Voodoo in Mojo (2 books)
  • In Deep Voodoo (Voodoo in Mojo, #1)
Body Movers (Body Movers, #1) 2 Bodies for the Price of 1 (Body Movers, #2) 3 Men and a Body (Body Movers, #3) 5 Bodies to Die For (Body Movers, #5) 4 Bodies and a Funeral (Body Movers, #4)

“she was sitting in the drive-through of the Dairy Queen Bank & Trust withdrawing money to pay an anonymous blackmailer who might have murdered Steve Chasen, and keeping it all a tidy secret from her long-lost boyfriend who had no idea they had a history together. She thought her head might explode.” 0 likes