Start by marking “Love Bites” as Want to Read:
Love Bites

Love Bites

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  1 Rating  ·  1 Review
Love Bites is the provocative debut collection of short stories by Valeria Kogan. From heartbreak to redemption, Love Bites provides a spellbinding interpretation of love and friendship, glamour and guilt, secrets and deceit. Each story provides a captivating insight into the world of love; its profound impact and effect; and how women relate to their partners. This ...more
ebook, First
Published May 29th 2012 by Wattle Publishing (first published May 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Love Bites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Bites

Anna Hedley
Oct 09, 2012 Anna Hedley rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written, insightful book that deals with love in its many forms. A wonderful read.
Caroline Barker
Feb 18, 2015 Caroline Barker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Bites is an assortment of eleven short, dramatic stories. Most are told from the female perspective, whilst some are told from the male point of view. In this book, love certainly does bite as each story shows the effect love can have on us as an individual. It explores the state of the mind during grieving and hard times, or even as new love sprouts without us realising until it falls upon us in an instant.

Valeria Kogan explains in the preface that she is providing the reader a taste of ho
Simmi Walker
Jun 06, 2012 Simmi Walker rated it really liked it
This is not a romance book. It deals with relationships and love, but I don't think any of the stories can be described as 'romantic fiction'. That doesn't detract from it in any way though. It's a really enjoyable (if quick) read from a brand new author.

She really doesn't shy away from controversy; the stories cover themes like BDSM, mental illness, prostitution, and death. The stories do still have attributes that I found very accessible and even funny (like an old man describing how he fell
Julie
Nov 02, 2016 Julie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance readers.
Shelves: romance
I really liked all the short stories. The stories are fiction, but remind me of people that fall in and out of love, love no matter what and even heart the broken with some that have a reality to them. All were very entertaining and well worth the read! I highly recommend "Love Bites"!
Melody
Aug 22, 2015 Melody rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Bites is a collection of short stories, mostly told from the woman's side. I can't say that is romance per-say. It's more about the feelings of love. I found it emotional, dark, and gritty at times. Showing how love can sustain you, build you up, surprise you and break you. They are all told wonderfully. I must admit I cried a few times the stories are sometimes sad, but always thought provoking.

Ms. Kogan's writing is fluid, her characters are very well developed and will keep you involved.
Wattle Publishing
Wattle Publishing published Love Bites: A Collection of short stories by Valeria Kogan. From heartbreak to redemption, Love Bites provides a spellbinding interpretation of love and friendship, glamour and guilt, secrets and deceit.
Robert Raker
Robert Raker rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2016
Wattle Publishing
Wattle Publishing rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2012
Ashleigh Louw
Ashleigh Louw rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2014
Valeria Kogan
Jun 03, 2012 Valeria Kogan rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ashleigh Louw
Ashleigh Louw rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2014
Wattle Publishing
Wattle Publishing rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2013
Fabian
Fabian marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Sherry Fundin
Sherry Fundin marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2015
Elena
Elena marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016

“Life simply blew through her.” 3 likes
“Everything else seemed trivial; like talking about your favourite film while your airplane is falling out of the sky.” 2 likes