Start by marking “Perfect Fit (Serendipity's Finest, #1)” as Want to Read:
Perfect Fit (Serendipity's Finest, #1)

Perfect Fit (Serendipity's Finest #1)

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  2,579 Ratings  ·  155 Reviews

MIKE
Always feeling like the odd man out in
Published December 31st 2012 by Berkley (first published December 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Fit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Fit

Cocktails and Books
Feb 19, 2013 Cocktails and Books rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cnb-reviewers
Mike Marsden always let the fact that he was an adopted member of his family bother him and let him feel like he was destined to be a jerk like his ""real dad"". Mike left Serendipity and his family to work as a cop in the big city and never let himself become involved with anyone because he knew that he would just hurt them by leaving.

Cara Hartley loves Serendipity and her job as a police officer, when Mike fills in for his father the chief of police temporarily it is all kinds uncomfortable b
Holly
Oct 31, 2012 Holly rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the first there books in Phillips' Serendipity series and I'm glad she's continuing on. Though this is set in the same town as the first three books, it's the start of a new trilogy and can be read as a standalone.

Cara is a great heroine. She's tough but still has a vulnerable side. She isn't afraid to speak her mind or stand up for herself, but also realizes sometimes it's better to let things go. As the novel progressed I came to respect her independence and sharp wit.

Mike ha
Nicole
Jan 04, 2013 Nicole rated it really liked it
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2012/12/28/...

I’ve been a long time fan of Carly Phillips, and with her newest series set in small town New York, she has catapulted herself into one of my all-time favorite contemporary romance authors.

Mike never wanted to stay in Serendipity forever, but when his adoptive father gets sick, Mike returns home temporarily to take over the position of Police Chief. The last thing he expected was to fall back into insane lust with one of his
Liz F
Dec 31, 2012 Liz F rated it really liked it
Review posted on Kindles & Wine

Perfect Fit is the first book in the new Serendipity’s Finest series by Carly Phillips but it’s also part of the larger Serendipity series. I usually don’t like to pick up a book that’s in the middle of any kind of series. I guess that’s the OCD in me coming out. But this didn’t feel like I was picking up a story already in progress.

We meet Mike Marsden. Usually he’s an undercover cop for the NYPD. His dad, Simon, who is the Serendipity Chief of Police, has sta
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Shey's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

5 stars

My absolute favorite Carly Phillips has done it again in the first of the Serendipity’s Finest Perfect Fit. It never fails with that we are given characters you can connect with and their lives you become a part of and this book was no different. I have to say that this could be a standalone because it is written that well but to get a broader view of Serendipity I would recommend starting from the beginning. Okay, maybe it’s because I
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

What can I say? I loved, loved l.o.v.e.d, LOVED this book (yes I sound a bit fangirl-ish). Lets start with the easy things and talk about the story. This book was by far the best this series has to offer as far as combining a great, slightly romantic suspense, contemporary romance. Mike is back in town to fill in as temporary Chief of Police due to his father’s cancer battle. After his brother Sam is in a car accident, he has to take over an investigatio
HR readsNstuff
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
This truly was my first Carly Phillips book & let me tell you… I liked it because it was totally balanced. It had a couple stories running through it, & the romance was solid, there & you knew what they were doing at all times. If there was a gap in time, by gosh she said something like "I didn't see him for 5 uneventful busy days…" then you knew what was going on. None of this wake up the next morning wondering how the hell we got there in the first place.

It was complete & I was
Heather Lire
Jan 01, 2013 Heather Lire rated it it was amazing
I've loved this series ever since the first book, and was super excited to discover that Carly was going to write about Dare's fellow officers.

I have only a couple of things to say about this book.

1. It was my top read of 2012
2. Mike Mardsen wasn't only my top Carly hero, he was my top hero of 2012
3. Mike and Cara's love story was absolutely perfect for them.
Lisa Berk
Jan 06, 2013 Lisa Berk rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It was definitely one of my favorites! I can't wait for Erin's book! The sneak peek was awesome!!
Jess
Jan 02, 2013 Jess rated it really liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: B

We’re back in Serendipity, this time getting to know the Marsden family and the three Marsden siblings Mike, and his half-siblings Sam and Erin. Mike was raised by Sam and Erin’s father, but was never treated as anything but a son by their dad. He’s never met his biological father, a man who bolted when Mike’s mom was pregnant with him. His mom married her close friend, Simon, and he raised Mike as his own. Mike’s absent father, Rex, is now
Book Binge
Feb 05, 2013 Book Binge rated it really liked it
I've been battling this reading slump for the past few months but when I buckled down and got to reading this book, I was taken to my happy place. Carly Phillips delivers another Serendipity book that entertained the heck out of me. I really enjoyed getting to know the new characters and see what the other characters are up to. I'm really enjoying the small town of Serendipity and the people in it.

Susan
Very good book. Mike is back in Serendipity to fill in as police chief while his dad recovers from cancer treatments. He can't wait to get back to the city where his restlessness isn't a problem. But he soon finds that restlessness is lessened by the presence of Cara, with whom he had one awesome night three months earlier. The attraction is still there and just as hot as it was before. As they start a short term relationship both are convinced that anything long term is impossible.

I really like
Kimberly
Jan 31, 2013 Kimberly rated it really liked it
Blue Ribbon Rating: 4 out of 5
Original Review Link

Michael Marsden has never felt like he fit in with his perfect family. But when his dad takes ill, Mike leaves his job as an undercover cop in Manhattan to take over as the temporary Chief of Police in Serendipity. Restless in his new role, Mike can’t wait to leave his hometown and get back to the anonymity of the city. Then he reconnects with someone who changes his whole way of thinking.

Months ago, Officer Cara Hartley had a one night stand wit
Liza
Dec 31, 2012 Liza rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to get approved from the publisher through NetGalley for an early copy of Perfect Fit. I’ve been a fan of Carly Phillips for years and count her Serendipity series as my favorite ever. I’ve said that Karma, book 3 in the Serendipity series is my favorite book ever from Carly Phillips, because I finally got Dare’s story. I didn’t think I could love another hero as much as Dare, however Mike Marsden changed it all.

Mike Marsden has never really felt like he fit in with his family.
Heather
Dec 30, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing
What can I say about this except that it was awesome. Not often do I sit down and read a book in a single day, but with this one I did. I simply didn't want to put it down.

I've seen Carly say over the last several weeks that this is one of her favorite novels she's written and that Mike is one of her favorite heroes. I can certainly see why. From the beginning you could see how complex a character he was, but in the end, he is the guy that any girl would be lucky to be with and you could see him
Lisa Jass
Jan 15, 2013 Lisa Jass rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Contemporary Romance readers
Carly Phillips Perfect Fit lives up to its title. I am in love with the town of Serendipity and all its wonderful cast of characters. Mike Marsden has come to Serendipity as acting police chief while his father is undergoing cancer treatment and Cara Hartley is a police officer who knows she is a small town girl at heart. Her mother has been abused for years by her father and she spends time working at a shelter for abused women. Both Mike and Cara have their own issues with their pasts ...more
Mareli
Jul 27, 2014 Mareli added it
Gotta love the weekends!!!! Long hours and lots of books!!!

This second series in Serendipity has similarities with the previous one. Michael Marsden reminds me of the first hero in the first series, another bad boy, who's back.

He is in love with Cara and they shared a night of passion and then he went back to NY. But when his stepfather becomes ill with cancer he gets back and replace his stepfather as police chief. ANd incidentally he becomes chief of Cara, too!!!

Good.

P.S. I love the cover, sup
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
I really enjoyed this. Mike is the temporary sheriff who refuses to commit to ANYTHING. Cara is the daughter of an abusive prick and doesn't want to risk her heart. Together they are HOT. Probably a 3.5 read but rounding up for fun factor.
Alix Taylor
Dec 03, 2012 Alix Taylor rated it really liked it
Super cute, sweet, sometimes heartbreaking, an amazing read. Longer review soon at romance books forum
Susan (susayq ~)
This was my first Carly Phillips book and I enjoyed it. I'm sure I'll read more by her.
Kathy
Jennifer Kirkey
Oct 02, 2016 Jennifer Kirkey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"Serendipity is a funny, sexy story with exactly the right mix of sass and heart." * Susan Mallery, New York Times Bestselling Author

Carly's NY Times Bestselling SERENDIPITY series was such a hit with readers, she brings you back to the picturesque upstate NY town, where three siblings have grown up in the shadow of their proud and respected police chief father. But what do love, fate, and fortune have in store for the next generation of Serendipity's finest?*

MIKE
Always feeling like the odd man

Jane
Nov 18, 2016 Jane rated it really liked it
Really cute.
Helyce
As we return to the town of Serendipity, we now focus on the Marsden family or more specifically Michael Marsden. He’s back in Serendipity in order to help out the local police force and take over as Chief while his father goes through his chemo treatments. As a young man, Mike couldn’t wait to get out of Serendipity, and he’d done just that. Though his ties to his family are strong, he’s made it clear to everyone that he doesn’t plan on sticking around and will be heading back to New York as ...more
Rowena
Oct 31, 2013 Rowena rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
This book follows Mike Marsden, the new temporary police chief for the Serendipity Police Department and Cara Hartley, a fellow police officer on the force. Before Mike became the temporary police chief (a position that he’s filling in for while his father goes through cancer treatments), he had a one night stand with his brother’s partner, Cara Hartley. It’s a memorable experience for the both of them because it was so hot damn explosive but when Mike comes back as Cara’s boss, things change.

Mi
Book Reading Gals
Aug 12, 2013 Book Reading Gals rated it it was amazing
Title: Perfect Fit

Series: Serendipity bk 4, Serendipity's Finest bk 1

Author: Carly Phillips

Genre: Contemporary'

In the picturesque town of Serendipity, New York, three siblings have grown up in the shadow of their proud and respected police chief father. But what do love, fate, and fortune have in store for the next generation of Serendipity’s finest?

Always feeling like the odd man out in his family, Michael Marsden wanted to make it on his own. So he escaped Serendipity to become an undercover c
Tomjerry1
Aug 18, 2014 Tomjerry1 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dies ist mein erstes Buch von der Autorin, aber ich habe schon viel von ihr gehört, halt das sie lustige und unterhaltsame Frauenbücher schreibt, demnach habe ich auch dies hier erwartet und war sehr überrascht über den tatsächlichen Inhalt.

Zuerst dies ist der erste Teil einer neue Reihe, die sich im deutschen "Marsden" nennt. Es geht hier um die Familie Marsden, wo die Kinder ihre Liebe finden. Hier geht es um Mike, er ist der älteste Sohn der Familie, der aber einen anderen Vater hat, als die
Brianna (The Book Vixen)
Review copy provided via NetGalley

Why I Read this Book: I’ve been wanting to try a Carly Phillips novel so I decided to start with Perfect Fit. It wasn’t perfect but it was an enjoyable read.

What I Liked: The hero and heroine are likeable characters. Mike is a bit of a drifter; he never stays in one place too long and he doesn’t like to be tied down. But he’s close to his family and comes back to town to fill in for his father as the chief of police when his father becomes ill. Cara is an office
Paula Robinson
Feb 11, 2013 Paula Robinson rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed my visit back to Serendipity. This could very well be the best one of the series. Mike and Cara were perfect for each other. He was the quintessential hero, and Cara was the perfect foil for him. They complemented each other well, and they fought hard for the love they share. I loved watching them grow and develop, and I loved the twists and turns, their lives took with each conflict they faced. Phillips also included some topics that are near and dear to my heart. Cara's ...more
  • Hot Summer Nights (Bluebonnet, #2.5, Serendipity, #3.5, Hope, #0.5)
  • Solitary Man
  • Bungalow Nights (Beach House No. 9, #2)
  • Rescue My Heart (Animal Magnetism, #3)
  • Sex and the Single Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #3)
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
  • The Summer He Came Home (Bad Boys of Crystal Lake, #1)
  • All He Ever Desired (Kowalski Family, #5)
  • Some Like It Hot (Razor Bay, #2)
  • Against the Odds (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #7)
  • Two of a Kind (Fool's Gold, #11)
  • Live and Let Love (Agent Ex, #3)
  • Seeing is Believing (Cuttersville, #3)
  • Bare It All (Love Undercover, #2)
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips N.Y. Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Carly Phillips has written over 40 sexy contemporary romance novels that today's readers identify with and enjoy. After a successful 15 year career with various New York publishing houses, Carly is making the leap to Indie author, with the goal of giving her readers more books at a faster pac ...more
More about Carly Phillips...

Serendipity's Finest (3 books)
  • Perfect Fling (Serendipity's Finest, #2)
  • Perfect Together (Serendipity's Finest, #3)