Start by marking “Danger Next Door (Red Stone Security, #2)” as Want to Read:
Danger Next Door (Red Stone Security, #2)

Danger Next Door (Red Stone Security #2)

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  1,900 Ratings  ·  136 Reviews
After an explosion leaves detective Grant Caldwell scarred he quits his job and tries to hide from his well-meaning family while he heals. When Belle Manikas, a beautiful new neighbor, moves in next door with problems of her own he finds himself drawn to her even while he tells himself she’s nothing but trouble. Even though he knows he’d never have a chance with a woman li ...more
Published June 1st 2012 by KR Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Danger Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Danger Next Door

~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
I was a little torn while reading this .. I loved the hero. He's amazing. Grant had a lot of pent up insecurity over his scars and I adore a damaged emotional hero. Belle was trying to stand on her own two feet and get out from under a stifling family. These two were immediately drawn to each other on a physical level. What I loved was how it didn't take long for Grant to see beyond her beauty and for Belle to see the man under the scars that by the way never bothered her.
What had me torn was h
Erika
3.75 to 4 stars

Although I didn't feel a super strong emotional connection between Grant and Belle, I still found this novella to be suspenseful and sexy. The characters were quite likable. I picked this up due to the fact that Grant (who was SWAT) has extensive scarring from an explosion. He was a brave, noble kind a guy, and I liked him. As a plus, although it sounds like he had been a bit of a manwhore in his past, (view spoiler)
Delta

A little formulaic...

After reading two Red Stone Security books, it seems we can save time with a reviewing template:

(Insert heroine's name) is in a constant state of needing to be rescued by (insert name of a hot Caldwell brother of Redstone security). They are instantly attracted to one-another and fight that attraction. There is fast-paced action with the heroine's life in peril. The unrealistic frequency and intensity of plot events borders on the ridiculous. The hero and heroine
Norma
This was just ok. I enjoyed the characters and the romance for the most part, but the suspense part bordered on silly. Someone tries to kill the h 4 times in as many days every time she's alone. So of course even though H says he won't leave her alone for a minute, he does and someone tries to kill her. It was kind of silly.

Not a bad book, but not a memorable one either.
Janina
Nov 29, 2012 Janina rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, wishlist, mystery
I remember reading No One to Trust about a year or so ago and really enjoyed it and I bought this one quite awhile ago but never got around to reading it. I'm glad I decided to pick it up because I was in the mood for a book just like this. Danger Next Door was very exciting! It was suspenseful, but had all the romance that I needed. It was also fast paced and also action packed which is hard to find in a romance. Also both the characters Grant and Belle were very interesting to get to know. Gra ...more
ツ Renée
Jun 18, 2012 ツ Renée rated it it was amazing
A sweet, passionate romance mixed with danger, mystery, and suspense. I loved Grant and Belle’s story – the strength and vulnerability of both characters.

My favorite in the series so far.
Malinda
4 stars

This was a very good story. I liked Belle and Grant and their story was very good. This is the first book I've read by this author and based off this I will probably read more of her books in the future. Obviously I didn't read book #1 before this but I didn't have an issue with confusion because of not reading it first.

Belle is a nurse and a really nice woman. She grew up sheltered due to heart issues that caused her to need multiple surgeries when she was younger. Belle finally managed
Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews
Danger Next Door (Red Stone Security, #2) by Katie Reus

Overall rating: 5 Rockin’ Stars!!!!!

Grant is a good guy. He takes care of others, defends those that are weaker and hunts criminals in the Miami area. During a drug bust, Grant protects an innocent child from a bomb and it leaves him scared and damaged.

Curling around the kid, he cried out in agony as the flames licked over him, searing through flesh and muscle. Then blackness engulfed him.

Working hard to rehabilitate himself and get back to work, Grant is surprised to see a new neighbor mo
Paula Legate
I really enjoyed this book! Belle had always been sheltered by her big family. She loved them, but was ready for her freedom. She was so happy to move into her very first house to put a little space between her, and her overbearing family.

Grant in on medical leave from the police department. He was in an accident that left him scared. His appearance from the accident really bothers him. I was thankful that his insecurities about his appearance blended right in with the story. In some books when
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Jul 19, 2012 Cindy ~ SnS Reviews rated it really liked it
This second book in the Red Stone Security series is about Grant Caldwell. His brothers run the Security firm. Grant was a police officer with the Miami PD when a drug bust goes horribly wrong and he is burned on his back and part of his face and sustained a lot of damage to his knee. He is home on disability leave and feeling pretty sorry for himself and has basically become a recluse due to his embarrassment over his burns. One day he notices his new neighbor moving in and thinks she is really ...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Jun 02, 2012 Vanessa theJeepDiva rated it really liked it
Grant notices his new neighbor the moment she moves into the house next door. He can’t help but notice her, she’s beautiful. He also believes that his burn scars will scare her. Belle is thankful that her neighbor is around when she is attacked in her new back yard. On her own for the first time in her life she finds having the former detective right next door a comfort. The fact that he is protective and handsome is just an added bonus.

Grant and Belle are trying to figure out what is beginning
Agnes
Mar 15, 2014 Agnes rated it liked it
Nina
Feb 17, 2013 Nina rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this read. The characters were fleshed out. I also really liked Belle as a heroine. She was confident, strong, bold, and what she want, she went after & and that was Grant. Grant was also a great hero: protective, loving & sexy. Furthermore, the plot & storyline were well-developed. The pacing was good. I never got bored while reading and I liked the suspense that was provided in the story. This story was packed with just the right amount of heat, action, and twist a ...more
Deannie
Feb 07, 2016 Deannie rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't love a good book with lots of action in and out of the bedroom? This series takes you there and you can't stop reading! It touches a sensitive topic and Ms. Reus does an outstanding job of showing such sensitivity to both characters. Grant and Belle's story is so good....... I have book hangover for sure!
Diana Tan
Jun 10, 2013 Diana Tan rated it it was amazing
An outstanding addition to a captivating series. I love Grant's and Belle's story. Instant attraction, undeniable chemistry, gripping suspense and action and hot passionate romance all combine to give one unforgettable book. Highly recommended!
Michelle
I loved this book, I'm enjoying getting to know the brothers better. Grant intrigued me in the first book and Katie surprised me with the turn of events in this one. Belle was a good fit for him and I can't wait for the next one!
Melanie
Oct 25, 2014 Lady Heather rated it liked it
Recommends it for: security/romance/suspense

Elisa Hordon
Feb 23, 2017 Elisa Hordon rated it really liked it
Really sweet and sexy loved it
Linda
Classic Katie Reus with an ultra-protective alpha, suspense to keep you on edge and a steamy romance!

I am in the process of going back and catching up on the previous installments I'd missed in Katie’s awesome Red Stone
PepperP0t
Miami detective Grant Caldwell's days are full recuperating and remembering how six months ago he lost his focus on a drug bust by saving a small child and getting caught in explosion that left him with burn scars and a pin in his knee. Just as his daily pity party was getting in full swing it was interrupted by his new, very attractive neighbor, Belle Manika, calling out for help.

Rescuing Belle was no problem but Grant felt self-conscious about his obvious scarring. As a nurse Belle wasn't put
Sandy
Jun 06, 2012 Sandy rated it really liked it

DANGER NEXT DOOR (Red Stone Securities #2) by Katie Reus

DANGER NEXT DOOR is the second storyline and June 2012 release in Katie Reus' Red Stone Securities series. As part of Katie's romantic suspense series, Danger Next Door is the second novel but can be read as a stand-alone without missing any of the background information. In fact, more information about the family and Red Stone Securities is revealed in Danger Next Door.

Grant Caldwell was a former marine and a former detective with the Miam
Jun 04, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
After an explosion in the middle of a drugs bust left Grant horribly scarred and medically retired from the police department he has become a bit of a recluse. But when his neighbour finds herself in trouble he knows he has to help her. The attraction he feels towards Belle is intense but can she see beyond his scars to the man inside and is he brave enough to let her try?

I enjoyed the first story in this series No One to Trust and when I found out the sequel Danger Next Door was about Porter's
Vicky (the Blowtorch-Wielding OotCDCB™)
Rating: 1,5 stars.
(I'm in a bitchy mood.)

The best I can say about this novella is that it was short and free.

One-dimensional characters. No character development. Conversations lacking depth. Under-developed story. Insta-love . (I’m fine with insta-lust but thinking the L word after a week is nuts). Mediocre sex scenes .

Overbearing male lead and female lead who let him get away with (imo) unacceptable behavior (view spoiler)
Lillie
Aug 20, 2015 Lillie rated it it was ok
All i can say is: Meh.

The writing was okay and the plot was good and considering this is a short story/novella I can't really judge the book too harshly. It did what it was supposed to do. To a point.

The only major problem I had with this book was the TSTL heroine. Well, that and the fact that they seemed to fall in love in the span of a few days (insert eye roll here). But MOSTLY it was the heroine. She did a number of dumb things simply for pride's sake or because she didn't think it was a big
Crystal
Sep 21, 2012 Crystal rated it really liked it
Grant Caldwell thinks he's a monster. He detests the burn scars that cover his back, left arm, and the left side of his neck and face. It doesn't matter that he received those burns because he was saving the life of a six year old boy who was caught in the middle of a drug factory sweep that went horribly wrong. All that matters to Grant is that the somewhat attractive appearance he had before the accident is now gone, and what woman could possibly want to look at what's left of him now. If that ...more
Book Nook  Nuts
Oct 01, 2014 Book Nook Nuts rated it it was amazing
Danger Next Door – Grant Caldwell

5 STARS

In this book we have Grant Caldwell. Grant is working for the Miami Police Department as a detective and one night while out with swat busting a cocaine ring things go very wrong. In order to save a young boy he has to throw himself on top of him and takes the brunt of an explosion. That explosion has caused all kinds of feelings in Grant and he doesn’t know yet how to accept things. He is no longer on the police force as he is on disability leave and he d
MsRomanticReads

Purchased and read as part of the Red Stone Security Series Box Set: Volume 1

I’m glad I decided to continue on to the next story in the set because it was so much better than the first book. The plot was more exciting, the heroine (24) was not a whiny, annoying character, and the hero was both vulnerable and alpha.

We met Detective Grant Caldwell briefly in the first book. Danger Next Door opened with a life changing moment for Grant—he was caught in an explosion during a raid which left him sca
AnnaBanana
I'm really enjoying this series, especially this book!!! This is the second in the Red Stone Security series and my favorite so far! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney story and this one is kind of a modern day version. I'm loving these characters, especially the men! They're all so macho and take charge, I love it! LOL And the story line is very entertaining too.

Grant is such a sweetie!!! Once again I've fallen in love with a wounded hero, i don't know what it is about them that I love
  • Shades of Desire (SIG, #1)
  • Operation: Endurance (When the Mission Ends, #3)
  • An Eye For Danger
  • Beauty and the Badge (The Precinct, #11)
  • Mine to Crave (Mine, #4)
  • Her Master Defender (Masters Men, #1)
  • Midnight Promises (Men of Midnight, #2)
  • Fight to Remember (Trueblood #5)
  • Falling For Sarah (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #2)
  • Hunted (Hostage Rescue Team #3)
  • Skin Deep (I-Team, #5.5)
  • A Time to Live
  • Legacy Found (Legacy, #3)
  • Last Chance to Run  (Slye Temp #0.5)
  • Possession (A Little Harmless Military Romance, #2)
  • His Choice (Dante's Circle, #3.5)
  • Wrapped Around Your Finger (Bound to You, #1)
Katie Reus is the New York Times, USA Today, & IndieReader bestselling author of the Red Stone Security series, the Moon Shifter series and the Deadly Ops series. She fell in love with romance at a young age thanks to books she pilfered from her mom's stash. Years later she loves reading romance almost as much as she loves writing it. However, she didn't always know she wanted to be a writer. ...more
More about Katie Reus...

Red Stone Security (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • No One to Trust (Red Stone Security, #1)
  • Fatal Deception (Red Stone Security, #3)
  • Miami, Mistletoe & Murder (Red Stone Security, #4)
  • His to Protect (Red Stone Security, #5)
  • Breaking Her Rules (Red Stone Security, #6)
  • Protecting His Witness (Red Stone Security, #7)
  • Sinful Seduction (Red Stone Security, #8)
  • Under His Protection (Red Stone Security, #9)
  • Deadly Fallout (Red Stone Security, #10)
  • Sworn to Protect (Red Stone Security, #11)

“I’ve been waiting half an hour for you to wake up.” His voice was uneven and raspy.

“Is that right?” she murmured.”
1 likes
“Grant leaned forward, covering the short distance between them so that their lips were a fraction apart. His warm breath tickled her face, making heat pool between her legs.

“I don’t want to take advantage of you,” he said so softly it took a moment for her to register his words.”
0 likes