Start by marking “Altered (Devoured, #3)” as Want to Read:
Altered (Devoured, #3)

Altered (Devoured #3)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  556 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Enoch is tested.

His brother is human, the thing he hates. He watches as the brother he knew is stripped away by his love for Clara. He's never hated someone as much as he hated her...but the bond forced him to not only want to protect her, but feel things he never had before.

When a girl needs his help, that split second decision changes his whole world in one instant.

A
Published May 21st 2014 (first published April 19th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Altered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Altered

Never Too Far by Abbi GlinesWethering the Storm by Samantha TowleThe Game Changer by J. SterlingEyes Wide Open by Raine MillerConsumed by Emily Snow
Highly Anticipated Indie Books of 2013
114th out of 1,448 books — 6,903 voters
Out of Breath by Rebecca DonovanOpal by Jennifer L. ArmentroutCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareGabriel's Redemption by Sylvain Reynard
Books That Should Be Released Sooner!!!
98th out of 908 books — 3,022 voters

More lists with this book...

Shelly Crane
Dec 04, 2013 Shelly Crane added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Enoch's story!! I'm so excited! Once I finished Consume, I just couldn't NOT write about Enoch. We will definitely see Eli and Clara though, and some others that you may have questioned where they were. I can't wait to finish my other projects to start this. Enoch was so bad....but in such a good way ;)

I hope you will be surprised with who his love interest will be. I am ecstatic! It will be a long road for Enoch to push through the evil, but one that could be beautiful.
Jamie Magee
I've read every one of Shelly Crane’s books and without a doubt her Devour series has been my favorite. Perhaps it’s because Devour was the first taste of Shelly’s mind that I had the pleasure of devouring (pun intended!) . I adored the edge, the world building. The series dances near the dark side, but clings to the innocents that Shelly Crane is known for. It also grasps that sweet romance, the kind of romance that is heated by the heart and not the flesh. That being said I have to say that Al ...more
Mandy (I read Indie) Anderson
Fay is recently discharged from the military and now off in search of her sister, Clara. But when things start going increasingly wrong her first night on the road, she imagines the worst. This may be it for her. She may never see her sister again and be able to right her wrongs. But Enoch wobbles in and saves the day and vows to help her find her sister. During the road trip Fay is introduced to a whole new world while Enoch tries unsuccessfully to prove he is a bad guy and Fay should stay far, ...more
Lisa
As is the case with most of what Shelly Crane writes, I loved this book. Enoch is one of those guys that is trying so hard to be bad but just can't do it once he finds "the one". I enjoyed his perspective for half of the book.

Fay is also an interesting character and learning more about her was good especially given that she didn't seem very kind and caring in the first two books that focused on her sister, Clara.

I want to read more about the characters in this world and see what happens next fo
Jenny - Book Sojourner
I re-read Devour and Consume prior to reading Altered, and I was really glad I did. This was such a great world to get wrapped up in all over again. I got to watch Eli and Clara fall in love all over again. I also got to revisit all the issues that Enoch had with Eli and Clara's relationship. Going into Altered, I found this really helpful. I also got to see how Crane has grown as a writer, as each book has gotten progressively better. With that said, you don't have to re-read Devour and Consume ...more
April Hesler
I wanted to hate this... but I totally love this... I was so mad that the story was being moved from Clara to Enoch... but oh how I adored it.
Enoch hates Clara, hates humans in general... but he really hates Clara for taking his brother away.. since the union of Clara and Eli, life has been different for him, he's trying to fight it.. he loves being a devourer, but he just might find he can love a human even more.
Jackie -Sated Faery
Wow!! Remember Eli’s brother from Devour? You know the really dark, brooding, hot one with the really bad attitude? The total and complete jerk? Yep, that’s him. He’s back. But now it’s time for Karma to start paying him back for being such an asshat to his brother and Clara. All it takes is one move to help a girl and everything he was so sure about is shot to hell. I can’t even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed watching him suffer through having some actual feelings of his own after all his ...more
April
I have never read Shelly Crane beforetodaybut I will say she is going to be one of my favorite authors now! Altered was fabulous! I really enjoyed reading this book! It was well written and it kept me interested in reading it in every page! I loved Enoch and Fay she made these characters very fun to read! I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did. ...more
Bekah
Another amazing book.

I thought that the continuation of the story was fantastic. it was cool to see how much the characters have grown from the other books. The end of the book though doesn't really feel like the ending, like there could be more to the story, or not. good overall story.
Sharons Simple
I loved the first two devoured books. They may very well be my favorite Shelly Crane books, and I have read all her books. But this book fell short. It lacked almost everything that made the other two books so great. I was really looking forward to this book. It just fell short.
T.R.
This is another amazing book by Shelly Crane. Altered is the third book in this series. In this story we fine out more about Enoch and Fay, Clare's sister. From the beginning to the end, you have not stop action. The things that happen to Enoch and Fay will keep you guessing until the end, what will happen to them next. We even get to see more of Clare and Eli and all of the rebel gang in this book also. Just when things start to settle down, more things start to happen that will keep you readin ...more
kendell perdue
Love

This book was the best one of a 3 I loved there story and and see him get to change who and what he is for love was cool I loved the ending it told whAt was going a year later so I loved this book
Morgan
This book was amazing...let's face it all of her books are amazing. One quick question that I'm sure is on everybody's minds....Ms. Shelly Crane was Enochs story the last in the Devoured series?
Kristen Brown
I absolutely loved this series. Shelly Crane has opened up so many world's. I have read many many books and Shelly Crane is my favorite author.
Stephanie Davenport
Could not get enough of this series! Absolutely love Shelly Crane <3
Sara
UGHHHH!! Fey was so annoying and IMPOSSIBLE to tolerate!
I couldnt stand how she blamed Clara for her problems and only found her because she had no where else to go! She acted like she was so much better than Clara and knew more when she didnt know jack!! ANNOYING!
She ruined the ENTIRE book for me!
Everything else was okay. I enjoyed getting Enoch's perspective(dont know how he could fall for someone like fey) and getting more of Clara and Eli (they are so precious!)
Liz
Finally!! I loved the first two books in this series, I hated to see them end. However I was beyond thrilled that Shelly wrote this book.

I love a good bad guy, especially one that makes your heart cry out to fix them. Enoch is that yummy bad guy for me. I loved watching him grow and change into the man Fay (and I) knew he could be. And wasn't Fay such a huge surprise?!? I loved her and what she brought to the table. This book was full of humor, romance, and action. Loved it!
Debra Elsner
I enjoy all of Shelly Crane's books. I like the dialogue between the characters and their relationships whether they are supernatural or not. Altered is the third book in the Devoured series; we met Enoch in Eli and Clara's story. He is Elijah's twin brother who doesn't have any love for any humans; even hates Clara for stealing Eli from him and turning him Human. He meets Fay who is Clara's sister. He wants nothing to do with her but is drawn to her.
Daniela Lievanos
I loved the first two books but this book killed me. I skimmed a lot and didn't even finish it. It felt like Fay and Enoch just going back and forward.
Ashley
Shelly Crane does no wrong and this book is more proof of that. Who can take a big bad devourer and make him swoon worthy...Shelly Crane! I loved this series and this book was no exception. Enoch is the bad guy all us women really want. Fay is a tough but tender hearted woman. Put that together and you have an absolutely beautiful love story plus all the action I've come to love from Shelly's books.
Heather
I had read the other two earlier, and decided to finish the series. Overall, it wasn't bad, but it became a bit too repetitive with Enoch constantly in turmoil over who he is. I enjoyed having Enoch and Fay's story and seeing old characters, plus meeting new, along with having the series complete. It wasn't the worst that I read, but it wasn't my favorite of hers either.
Paige
I didn't realize this book was about Enoch. It was basically reading the same story over again. I don't know that I would have read it if I had read the description before I bought it. As I said in my other reviews of the other books if you liked Twilight this is a cheesier option. That being said I did read it quickly and enjoyed it like the others
Amy
Enoch was a bad guy turned good. All because of his little human. Fay was just trying to get to her sister but she met trouble at every turn. Enoch knew he was changing but didn't know if it was right or if anyone else would accept it. Thankfully Fay believed enough for the both of them.
Ashley
I just love Shelly Crane. Her books are nice and light and original. This wasnt my favorite but it was good. She really should continue on with this series but apparently its over.
Keep writing, anything youve got will be read!
Liz
I loved it... Until the abrupt ending. I wish we'd gotten another chapter or two to really finish out this wonderful series. Need more closure lol
Elizabeth
An amazing addition to the consume series and it made me fall in love even more with the characters. Shelly Crane has once again truly amazed me.
Hailey Hospedales
2 very frustrating stars!!

This irritated me to no end
Nicole Dempsey
Sep 03, 2013 Nicole Dempsey marked it as to-read
WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amanda
I really loved this series! It was over too fast! :)
Teresa Coleman
#Enoch smoking Hot. Perfect ending to a incredible series
Giveaway for Altered! Until 8am EST tomorrow! 1 6 Mar 24, 2014 09:09AM
  • Iniquity (The Premonition, #5)
  • Bo (Blood Like Poison, #4)
  • Touching Fire (Touch, #2)
  • Unbearable (Port Fare, #3)
  • Sneak Thievery
  • Options
  • Blood Jewel (Vampire Agápe, #2)
  • What the Heart Takes (Soulmate, #3)
  • Cinder (Death Collectors, #2)
  • Cornerstone (Cornerstone, #1)
  • Celestra Forever After (Celestra Forever After, #1)
  • The Relentless Warrior (Star-Crossed, #6)
  • That Baby (That Boy, #3)
  • The Tied Man: Unbound (The Tied Man, #2)
  • Tainted Legacy
  • Held in Secrecy (Oddily, #3)
  • Yelling Out Loud (The Sociopath Diaries, #2)
4951964
Shelly is a NEW YORK TIMES & USA TODAY bestselling author from a small town in Georgia and loves everything about the south. She is wife to a fantastical husband and stay-at-home mom to two boisterous and mischievous boys who keep her on her toes. She hoards paperbacks, devours sweet tea, searches year-round for candy corn, and loves to spend time with her family and friends, go out to eat at ...more
More about Shelly Crane...

Devoured (3 books)
  • Devour (Devoured, #1)
  • Consume (Devoured, #2)
Accordance (Significance, #2) Defiance (Significance, #3) Significance (Significance, #1) Independence (Significance, #4) Reverence (Significance, #3.5)

“You know when you’re on a course that you know is the right one. You can’t explain it, you can’t define it, you don’t know how you got there or what all the obstacles will be, you just know the end result will be amazing and it will be worth it.
That was the road I was on.
Full speed ahead, no blinkers or turn signals, just cruise control.”
10 likes