Start by marking “The Greek Symbol Mystery (Nancy Drew, #60)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Greek Symbol Mystery

Carolyn Keene

The Greek Symbol Mystery (Nancy Drew #60)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,282 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews

When she is told that a large inheritance from a Greek tycoon, meant for her friend Helen Nicholas, was stolen, Nancy agrees to find the culprit. A poisonous snake in a basket of apples and a strange symbol stamped on a rare Byzantine mask are clues in this mystery set in the beautiful and exotic country of Greece. These clues lead Nancy and her friends to a ring of art sm

Unknown Binding, 171 pages
Published January 1st 1981 by Wanderer Books

To ask other readers questions about The Greek Symbol Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Greek Symbol Mystery

Shana
Nov 04, 2014 Shana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read quite a few Nancy Drew books when I was a girl and thought I'd enjoy the nostalgia of reading one again. I checked a title out from the library that I'd never read and was more than a little disappointed in this one.

The story jumped straight from one incredibly lucky clue to another without making the setting clear to the reader. While I know that the Nancy Drew series is light on description and character building, this book had none.

After reading some of the other reviews, I see I'm not
Sarah Crawford
Jan 19, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nancy, Bess and George end up in Greece. Seems some money that was aimed to help a needy family has been lost or sidetracked somehow and they're there to find out what has happened.
Right off the girls run into trouble when a poisonous snake in a basket of apples is put in their room. Then someone dumps a gold mask in Nancy's bag and the police end up suspecting her of being a thief.

As it seems with most of the Nancy Drew books, her car is nearly run off the road. Things get complicated and nast
Rachel
My original school reading review

This book was so good I wanted to carry on reading which was what I did I finished the and Started another book of the same sees which I had got for my holiday. (I read this book on holiday in Sunny Spain by the pool).
John Yelverton
I never thought that it would be possible for me to dislike a Nancy Drew book, but sixtieth time was the charm. There was no mystery, Nancy simple ran around and had clues and suspects fall in her lap, and the police were portrayed as rude and brutish.
B.M.B. Johnson
Dec 06, 2015 B.M.B. Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is Beth's issue of weight finally behind us? Although, it's still an period of time when the term "Super Sleuths" can elicit guffaws from a group of teen-agers. Ah, longing for the simple times. Thank you 1980-somethings.
Kelsey Christensen
Pretty typical Nancy Drew story. It's set in Greece with some info about the culture and language.
Karsyn
Never read before. One of the most boring and dull ever.
Malin
Nov 05, 2015 Malin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
For once no one made a comment about Bess being overwheight. And she did some smart thinking as well. How refreshing!
But why do they have to drag the boyfriends along in every single book now? They want to show us that they have a normal life with boys, and I get that. But do they have to do it so often? The books lose some of its girlpower.
Alianna Kent
Jul 31, 2015 Alianna Kent rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think it was fantastic!
Elizabeth Day
Feb 07, 2015 Elizabeth Day rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, series
Out of all the Nancy Drew books I've read, this was the worst. It was kind of boring.
The second time around reading this book was better, but I don't know. Things that were mentioned maybe once in the book were important at the end, or at least that I noticed. They'll talk about something once and then expect you to remember it the whole time. The longer Nancy Drew goes on the worse the books get.
Sophia W
Jan 21, 2014 Sophia W rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She is sure ugly on the cover of this one!
Robyn
Sep 23, 2011 Robyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book if you like Greece or mystery I liked it, but I wouldn't read it again because I just really isn't really into them. This book is about This book is about Nancy traveling to Greek to solve a mystery for Mrs.Tomponson she was sending money to Greece and all of sudden the money stopped coming to the family while doing this she uncovers a bigger mystery.
Julie_ian_curtis
The story is very vague and some events are a bit wtf (getting on the ship then off again ? Pointless?) another different reader who seems to regard this as a chance to practise her Greek accent.
Marts  (Thinker)
An inheritance, a snake, a symbol, a mask, smugglers, and all set in Greece, just another Nancy Drew mystery.

Sandra Hernandez
love the fact nancy went to greece. made it sound beautiful and could not stop reading.
Natasia Angel
I don't really remember the story... But I think it was okay...
Grace
Oct 22, 2013 Grace rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
interesting...
Maya
Aug 15, 2012 Maya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nancy-drew
Eh....
Marina
Marina rated it did not like it
Aug 23, 2016
Debbie
Debbie added it
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Gauri
Gauri added it
Jessie Jerry
Jessie Jerry marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Shaikha
Shaikha marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Margaret Riggs
Margaret Riggs marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
Heidi Hoff
Heidi Hoff rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2016
Holly McDougall
Holly McDougall rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2016
  • Boardwalk Bust (Hardy Boys: Undercover Brothers, #3)
  • The Demon of River Heights (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective Graphic Novels, #1)
  • The Marshland Mystery (Trixie Belden, #10)
  • Cherry Ames, Army Nurse (Cherry Ames, #3)
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • Nancy Drew's Guide To Life

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str
More about Carolyn Keene...

Nancy Drew (1 - 10 of 175 books)
  • The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew, #1)
  • The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew #2)
  • The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew, #3)
  • The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew, #4)
  • The Secret of Shadow Ranch (Nancy Drew, #5)
  • The Secret of Red Gate Farm (Nancy Drew, #6)
  • The Clue in the Diary (Nancy Drew, #7)
  • Nancy's Mysterious Letter (Nancy Drew, #8)
  • The Sign of the Twisted Candles (Nancy Drew, #9)
  • Password to Larkspur Lane (Nancy Drew, #10)