Start by marking “Flirting with Ruin (Castonbury Park 0.5)” as Want to Read:
Flirting with Ruin (Castonbury Park 0.5)

Flirting with Ruin (Castonbury Park 0.5)

3.13 of 5 stars 3.13  ·  rating details  ·  187 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Lady Rosalind Rhees has dedicated her life to being as scandalous as possible--it's the only way she can escape society's expectations. Unfortunately, flirting with ruin hasn't been as exciting as she'd hoped.

Until she meets Major Fraser Lennox at a country party--and gets a taste of just how delicious forbidden desire can feel... But is she daring enough to follow her he
Published June 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Flirting with Ruin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flirting with Ruin

Fiona Marsden
Jul 02, 2012 Fiona Marsden rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: People who like good dialogue, hot sex and real people
Recommended to Fiona by: Author Preference
This is a great little story and a good introduction to the Castonbury Park Regency series. The hero is divine and the heroine charming. The love scenes are, um, shall we say not Georgette Heyer style. A little bit of sizzle. We meet quite a few of the upcoming heroes and heroines in person or by hearsay. Looks like being a lot of fun.
Lee Anne - OMG! Spring is Finally Here!
Flirting with Ruin is the first in the Castonbury Park series by Marguerite Kaye. It’s a great introduction to the series full of romance and passion. Lady Rosalind is a widow who is looking for a little excitement in her life. Her husband was puritanical and felt the marriage bed should be endured rather than enjoyed. She meets Major Fraser Lennox at a country party and finds out that passion does exist and she’s more than capable of it!

This was a great short story and introduction to the Cast
Lexie
Alison
A nice little Regency novella which opens the Castonbury Park continuity series.

An enjoyable and short tale, I really liked and engaged with the hero and heroine - but it did not seem to me really that Rosalind really flirted with ruin that much until she meets Fraser, despite her saying so. There are sensual scenes from the very start.

As it is an opening to the Castonbury Park novels, there were quite a bewildering array of characters introduced and mentioned, but I understood why this had to b
Jody
Elena
Great short story. Early 19th century... A war Major and a 26 year-old widow have a chance encounter and think they will never see each other again. They, of course, do meet again and their passionate affair starts. Since they are both seeking adventures, they decide to travel the world together ... Cute, since it doesn't push the usual "we are madly in love after knowing each other for only 3 days" > but more "we are modern people and choose to embark on an adventure together because we have ...more
Katherine O'Grady
What a surprise this novella was! It is a sweet and hot love story between a widow and war veteran in the post-Naploeonic war era. The sensibilities are quite modern, for all the historical setting, but it felt possible. A good, quick read.

This was a kindle freebie.
Megan
I think this is the first Harlequin Historical Undone I've read, and I read this because it was free and because Kaye's an author I've heard good things about. The writing was good and the introduction to upcoming series characters/stories/etc. was handled far more gracefully than I usually see it, but I guess I didn't see the point of the book other than promo for the upcoming series: no emotional journeys or emotional growth, no plot, just well-written character interaction. It was, though, ni ...more
Anna
Short read on Kindle. A young woman, a widow who has never had much fun, goes to the village fete and flirts rather scandalously with a handsome stranger.

Imagine her shock when he appears at her home the next day to deliver news of her cousin's death in battle. The stranger is an army officer who served with her cousin.

It was a pleasant short escape into Regency England.
Kay Bolton
A descriptively lovely prequel, that left me wanting more, and actually willing to buy the Castonbury Park Series by this new author (to me).

I liked her style, and the way the flow to the narrative. Just a bit naughty, but still believable.

For me 4 stars and the series will be going on my Wish List.
Carrie Olguin
A short story that is part of the Castonbury Park story but adds nothing of inportance to it.

Story summed up here: they meet, they have a tryst, he asks her to go with him when he leaves the park, she accepts. No conflict, no proposal, no wedding.
Ali Crean
This was a great novella that I found I liked because it gave you a look at that tryst you don't hear about in a romance novel. I would love to read the first book of the Castonbury Park novel.
Megan
This novella works well as an amuse-bouche for a new series of Regency historical romances, Castonbury Park. I am looking forward to reading these books as they are released each month.
Barri Bryan
This is a short read. It's an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon, especially if you like Regency Romances,and I do.
Larisa
Jul 26, 2012 Larisa rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: nook, own
2.5 Stars
More of a good vignette, a teaser for upcoming series, than a short story. Nice read for waiting in line.
Tasha
Gotta love this book there is nothing more exciting than wondering if someone will follow their hearts or not...
Dana
47 pages on my Nook, enjoyable, the introduction of characters for the series is well done.
Alicia  S.
I thought it was okay. It could have been better. Some of the characters where quite annoying.
.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...]
Currently a Freebie at Kobo... Kinda weird, I found one copy free, another not. lol
Stephanie
Very quick and thorouly enjoyable. Can't wait to read the rest of the series.
ms bookjunkie
A nice enough snippet, but not enough meat on the bones to satisfy.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Castonbury Park
Category: Historical Romance
It was a short book, but definately a good book
Destiny
This was a very cute introduction to the series.
Amber Garabrandt
cute, sassy and sexy but far too short
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Castonbury Park
Jacqueline
Short Book... sweet story.
Jackie M
Good short story.
Kieran
Kieran marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
  • Devil in the Making (Devilish Vignettes, #1)
  • Kidnapping the Laird
  • The Beauty Bride (Jewels of Kinfairlie, #1)
  • An Unlikely Alliance (The House of Renwick, #2.5)
  • Lady Deception
  • The Marriage List
  • A Delightful Arrangement (The Gentlemen Next Door, #1)
  • The Raven's Revenge
  • Seductive Secrets (Secret Lives, #1)
  • Out of the Dark
  • Wallflower (The Old Maids' Club, #1)
  • The Wary Widow
  • Letter of Love
  • The Inconvenient Duchess (The Radwells #1)
  • Intentions of the Earl (Scandalous Sisters #1)
  • Yorkshire (Richard and Rose, #1)
  • Wild Passion (Wild, #3)
  • Lady Sophia's Rescue (Traditional Regency Romance Novella)
Marguerite Kaye writes hot historical romances from her home in cold and usually rainy Scotland. Featuring Regency Rakes, Highlanders and Sheikhs, she has published almost thirty books and novellas.

When she’s not writing she enjoys walking, cycling (but only on the level), gardening (but only what she can eat) and cooking. She also likes to knit and occasionally drink martinis (though not at the
More about Marguerite Kaye...
Rake with a Frozen Heart Innocent in the Sheikh's Harem (Armstrong Sisters #1) The Governess and the Sheikh (Armstrong Sisters #2) The Beauty Within (Armstrong Sisters #3) Outrageous Confessions of Lady Deborah