Start by marking “Reuniones que matan: Una solución para que sus reuniones sean eficaces y productivas” as Want to Read:

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  6,490 Ratings  ·  380 Reviews
Casey McDaniel nunca había estado tan nervioso en toda su vida. En unos minutos empezará una reunión que determinará el destino de su carrera, su futuro económico, y el de la compañía que había levantado desde sus cimientos, Yip Software. Casey se encuentra inmerso en un problema que él mismo ha creado, pero no sabe cómo solucionar. Sus empleados no pueden ayudarle; están ...more
Published February 1st 2005 by Empresa Activa (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Reuniones que matan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reuniones que matan

Parcoast
May 27, 2011 Parcoast rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pros for this title are easy to come up with: It was a quick read. The information is easily consumable. The resulting recommendation is fairly specific and easy to implement. The concept behind this strategy for your meetings seems solid.

Cons are that the information, while easy to test, does not seem to come from any sort of empirical source. Most of it sounds like Lencioni conjured it up from nothing. I'm OK with that, since that is how I have come up with some of my best work, but it is an e
Brian Cassada
It was a good book with great intentions. I think the allegory that the information was set upon was good and applicable. However, I found that it got in the way for me. I read for growth and information. I was looking for the information to come to light and had to wait until the end. Everything the book was about could have been summed up in 5 or 6 pages.
Thelma
May 21, 2013 Thelma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Death by Meeting" was my first Lencioni book and I am definitely a fan. Having seen him first at the Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit when he was a last-minute fill-in for Howard Schultz of Starbucks, I was immediately impressed by his humor and insights. I wasn't surprised that he was invited back the following year and again this year for the 2013 lineup.

The book is an engaging tale on what spells the difference between meetings that are alive and dead. Do not expect a linear narrative;
Mike Moore
Jun 10, 2017 Mike Moore rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
Lencioni generally provides his business insights in a YA novel format, which works fairly well since it makes the books short and uncluttered by focusing on one narrative. However, in this book the business insights and the narrative seem disjointed. The story of Will, a bright young man lacking clear direction, is only connected to the point of making meetings better in the most tangential of ways.

The model for meeting structure is good, but it only takes about 3 pages to cover it. The rest o
Andy Rodriguez
May 29, 2017 Andy Rodriguez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I heard about this book from a mentor of mine and have wanted to read it for years. I'm glad I did. I want to take some of the ideas and incorporate the priorities of separate "meetings" into my life. I think it's good to know when to tackle something.
Justin de la Cruz
This is fiction book that tells a whole story just so the author can hit you with some practical knowledge about a certain subject. The subject here is business meetings: Lencioni has some good tips on how to conduct meetings - different types of meetings for different purposes, let conflict come out, don't plan for tactical meetings - but I didn't need an entire story about an ex-golfer-turned-manager, filled with completely flat characters to get these tips. The appendices included (that come ...more
Piotr Uryga
This is one of the books that are giving perspective on most dreaded topic of corporate world: meetings.

Funny thing is it advertise to have more of them and even though it's counterintuitive it makes sense.
Simple division based on context and not mixing tactical day by day topics with strategy changes is something that makes all the sense.

On top of it, it's fable with real characters which for me is always refreshing and more enjoyable to read / listen.
Chase Dougherty
Nov 16, 2016 Chase Dougherty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book for certain people

Phenomenal writer who is great at capturing the internal thoughts people have in life. I felt like I was literally in the room for some of the moments. However, I almost wish I would have just read the last chapter and went on with life haha. Time is precious!
Marjorie Elwood
I'm not sure why business authors feel compelled to write book-long fables instead of concise articles about their ideas, but at least this one has some compelling thoughts about how to make meetings more useful, interesting, and profitable to the organization. You can skip to the end of the book, where Lencioni delineates his suggestions.
Natalie
Mar 23, 2015 Natalie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first, I was not into the fact that this was a fable.... However, as the story progressed, I found myself interested. It was a quick read with some good takeaways on different types of meetings, the goals of each, and the role that leaders should play in making the meetings worthwhile.
David
Feb 25, 2009 David rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2009
Great lessons for preparing meetings. The leadership fable is well-written and engaging and the meeting model, although not necessarily applicable to all business models and organizations certainly introduces some issues that can (and probably should) be addressed by any organization.
Vikram Chalana
Mar 05, 2016 Vikram Chalana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book about how to make meetings more interesting. Meetings are a super important part of the job for most business folks -- we all need to learn how to make these meetings better -- both as an attendee and as a meeting leader. Key to good meetings, in one word --- Drama!
Liz S
Mar 09, 2016 Liz S rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Painfully outdated and 200 pages too long. Felt like being in a bad meeting about meetings.
Tim
May 10, 2015 Tim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. Should be required for everyone at the management level.
Ernesto Salce
Jul 18, 2016 Ernesto Salce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
John Browning
Aug 29, 2016 John Browning rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a true book. Read it and apply it. No other words necessary.
Lyzette Wanzer
This was a pretty good--and sometimes amusing--read. It surprised me, however. The author is actually meeting-friendly, as opposed to meeting-averse, which is what I expected. A few of the anecdotes were unrealistic, but for the most part they served their purpose, which was to illustrate the travails and triumphs of beneficial meetings vs. wasteful ones. The author takes into account the various personality types that comprise a typical workplace meeting. You will recognize some of these folks, ...more
Xiang Luo
Dec 21, 2016 Xiang Luo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good suggestion on meeting

Covered fairly good ground on meetings and made interesting and provocative suggestions on how to structure meetings and keep them interesting. However, it does not provide enough coverage on how to facilitate the meeting and bring out the mines or conflict among participants.
Justin
Jun 02, 2017 Justin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really fascinating read. I like the idea of daily check-ins. I do agree that life-sucking meetings have a deeply problematic effect on entire organizations. And, I think a clearly stated context to a meeting is important. I don't know that there needs to be as clear a delineation between tactical and strategic meetings.
Andrew
May 26, 2017 Andrew rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an easy read that turned some simple concepts into an entertaining novel. For those wishing to skip the story, the takeaways are summarized in the back.
Michael
May 25, 2017 Michael rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If you aren't an executive you probably won't get too much out of this other than further frustration at your executives.
Alejandra
May 07, 2017 Alejandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an easy read, with short chapters.
Tamara
May 18, 2017 Tamara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There's some good ideas here, but not worth an entire book.
Tom
May 13, 2017 Tom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spring-2017
Great read, love the fable, thought provoking on the 4 types if meetings
Dara
Provides good tips for types of meetings. Some of his thoughts about work life balance, conflict, and even subtle characterizations of his business people had troublesome elements
Marissa
May 27, 2017 Marissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: work-topics
Who doesn't have enough meetings? This helpful guide had some great ideas on making meetings efficient and something people want to come to.
Amie
Mar 24, 2017 Amie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy read, fast, and to the point. Loved the story as a way of teaching. More meetings with specific goals! We use this exact style at work and I've seen its success!
Cameron Mcfee
Mar 20, 2017 Cameron Mcfee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anyone who regularly attends or runs meetings as part of their job should read this book (looking at you, theatre crowd).
Shom Biswas
Good. Not as good as the previous 'Five Dysfunctions...', and a little tedious at times - but the lessons are accurate and helpful. Was required to write a summary of this for office - am printing it below:

Observations:
1. Some meetings are bad. Why?
a. Some meetings are bad because they lack proper context. They become a mélange of varying types of discussions with a wide-range of importance to the organization (with most being not-very-much).
2. Conflicts are a good thing.
a. This is true for ever
Jeremy
Mar 02, 2017 Jeremy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A terrific reminder to think creatively about every aspect of your organization.
  • Good to Great and the Social Sectors: A Monograph to Accompany Good to Great
  • High Five!: The Magic of Working Together
  • Axiom: Powerful Leadership Proverbs
  • Crucial Confrontations: Tools for Resolving Broken Promises, Violated Expectations, and Bad Behavior
  • The Wisdom of Teams: Creating the High-Performance Organization
  • Encouraging the Heart: A Leader's Guide to Rewarding and Recognizing Others
  • The Oz Principle: Getting Results Through Individual and Organizational Accountability
  • The One Thing You Need to Know: ... About Great Managing, Great Leading, and Sustained Individual Success
  • The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork: Embrace Them and Empower Your Team
  • Strengths Based Leadership: Great Leaders, Teams, and Why People Follow: A Landmark Study of Great Leaders, Teams, and the Reasons Why We Follow
  • The Deming Management Method
  • The Contrarian′s Guide to Leadership (J-B Warren Bennis Series)
  • Primal Leadership: Realizing the Power of Emotional Intelligence
  • A Sense of Urgency
  • The Starfish and the Spider: The Unstoppable Power of Leaderless Organizations
  • Leadership on the Line: Staying Alive Through the Dangers of Leading
Patrick Lencioni is a New York Times best-selling author, speaker, consultant and founder and president of The Table Group, a firm dedicated to helping organizations become healthy. Lencioni’s ideas around leadership, teamwork and employee engagement have impacted organizations around the globe. His books have sold nearly three million copies worldwide.

When Lencioni is not writing, he consults to
More about Patrick Lencioni...

“When a group of intelligent people come together to talk about issues that matter, it is both natural and productive for disagreement to occur. Resolving those issues is what makes a meeting productive, engaging, even fun.” 2 likes
“The hard truth is, bad meetings almost always lead to bad decisions, which is the best recipe for mediocrity.” 1 likes