While Bugles Blow

While Bugles Blow

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  5 reviews
An American lieutenant in the French Foreign is caught in the middle of an ancient feud between the Jeppas of the Atlas Mountains and the bloodthirsty tribe of Perviz al Bahman.

Tension mounts as a gorgeous female Jeppa warrior with golden red hair is drawn into the midst of the conflict and captured by Perviz's tribe. When the American lieutenant later finds her being sold...more
Audio CD, Audiobook
Published November 2012 by Galaxy Audio (first published October 1st 2012)

Juliet
This story takes you deep into Middle East, to the Moroccan city of Harj.

The French have established a military strong hold there with is held by 60 legionnaires, lead by an American mercenary working for the French.

Things get out of hand when a Jeppa Princess is caught "accidentally" and sold on the slave market.

This ignites an ancient feud, with the French Legionnaires caught in the middle.

This is a military story with a dash of gallantry.

It was a fun tale with color characters and an expected...more
Thomas
Of the many delights found in the Stories from the Golden Age by L. Ron Hubbard are the exciting pulp tales he wrote featuring the French Foreign Legion. Although many of us fans are familiar with Hubbard's classic science fiction tales, not to mention his outstanding westerns, the French Foreign Legion tales are quickly becoming among the more popular titles. While Bugles Blow dates from 1936 and offers a riveting tale of intrigue and action. When the Legion officer known only as the Lieutenant...more
Steven Brandt
It’s time for more action and adventure from one of the most prolific writers of our time, L Ron Hubbard. In their continuing effort to produce some 200 of Hubbard’s golden age stories, Galaxy Audio is releasing While Bugles Blow. This is another of Hubbard’s far-flung adventures featuring battles in far off places, a dashing young soldier, and a damsel in distress (or is she?).

Here we find a small detachment of the French Foreign Legion, along with a young American Lieutenant, at an outpost dee...more
Lena Nguyen
Audio book: FANTASTIC! The realistic sounding sound effects and different voices made the story come to life. The audio and everything else was perfect! I didn't have the books on me, but it was still great. Without a doubt, Hubbard is an amazing author. His short stories are captivating and strong. Galaxy Audio has done a great job in fulfilling their name by using professional voice actors and original music that matches the mood of the story. They couldn't have done a better job. I wouldn't h...more
Kaj Samuelsson
A wonderful story of the French Foreign Legion. These stories are becoming my favorites. This one I couldn't stop after I started, so it was done in one go.
Lemmy
Lemmy marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
L. Ron Hubbard was a popular pulp writer of science fiction, fantasy, adventure, mysteries and westerns during the 1930s and later founder of Dianetics and Scientology.

Known Pseudonyms:
Frederick Engelhardt
Kurt von Rachen
Rene LaFayete/Rene La Fayette/René Lafayette
Frankie Rohne
More about L. Ron Hubbard...
Battlefield Earth The Invaders Plan (Mission Earth, #1) Black Genesis (Mission Earth, #2) The Enemy Within (Mission Earth, #3) An Alien Affair (Mission Earth, #4)