Start by marking “The Seekers (The Watchers, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Seekers (The Watchers, #2)

Read Book

The Seekers (The Watchers #2)

4.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  761 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
The Seekers is the second installment of The Watchers Series. Clare, fully aware of the world of half angels, and still upset over the conclusion of The Watchers, sets out to find answers as to why she is hunted. Her destination is New Orleans. Daniel, Clare, and Clare's best friend, Alex, set out on the adventure of their lives, but can they survive the search for answers ...more
ebook
Published August 12th 2011 by Smashwords Edition (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Seekers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seekers

Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareFallen by Lauren KateCrescendo by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra Clare
YA Angels
247th out of 343 books — 1,692 voters
Angelfall by Susan EeHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareUnearthly by Cynthia HandCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Angels & Demons
231st out of 624 books — 887 voters

More lists with this book...

Einstein's Firefly
Okay, This may have some spoilers!

The Seekers takes place in New Orleans with Clare, Alex, Daniel, Jackson and Margret. Daniel is infiltrating a group of seekers in order to gain some insight of what Marcus wants with Clare. Meanwhile, Clare, Alex, Jackson and Margret get separate without knowing whether or not each other is alive. And then we are left with a cliffhanger (what's a good book without a cliffhanger!)

This book made me fall in love with the series even more! The reasons for that, I
Nickole
Mar 25, 2013 Nickole rated it it was amazing
again...loved it! couldnt put the book down...had you sit on the edge of your seat!! finished it within a day..;)
Shaylynn Dickerson
Mar 12, 2013 Shaylynn Dickerson rated it it was amazing
BEST.......BOOK.....OF ALL TIME
Uri Guzman
Jan 13, 2015 Uri Guzman rated it really liked it
This book took me a little longer to read mainly because I was so busy these past few days. I probably would have read it in 2 or 3 days. There were some parts that I had to re-read, especially in the beginning, because it was a little boring. After a little while it got real interesting and we met lots of new characters. Spider is definitely my favorite and Eli I am still trying to figure it. I did enjoy this book, so much that I didn't even realize it was finished until I couldn't read further ...more
Jessica
The Seekers continues to introduce us to the world of Watchers and Seekers, this time taking place in New Orleans a hotbed of activity. Lynnie Purcell did an excellent job of bringing new characters into the story without pulling away from the original ones. It was nice to be introduced to more Watchers and Seekers and get a feel for the different powers, opinions and motivations of the different groups. When Claire and Alex ended up on their own it was lovely to see them take care of themselves ...more
My Bookbag by Karen
Nov 09, 2014 My Bookbag by Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Recommend for ya, fantasy readers
Amy Harris
Apr 25, 2014 Amy Harris rated it it was amazing
It took me a while to get into book two, as it seemed to drag for the first half. However, once you reach the end, you realize it was necessary. There's a lot of character growth here, the day to day details of Clare and Alex's 'adventure' build to set in motion a huge shift in several characters personalities. Don't give up reading this, it's worth it.
Lekeisha The Booknerd
Great sequel! Lots of action and different, likable characters. Different setting than The Watchers. That just makes it even better, because the locations are changing with each book it seems.

Clare, Daniel, Alex, Jackson, and Margaret set off to New Orleans for answers as to why Marcus is so hell bent on acquiring Clare. Things don't go as planned, and it seems that Clare just keeps making stupid decisions. In her defense, at the time of those decisions, they seem like the right thing to do. A
Gina
Feb 08, 2015 Gina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My actual rating was 3.5 stars. It was not as good as the first book, but there was progression in the storyline that kept me entertained and reading. The characters are really well defined and make the story.
Tracy
Mar 25, 2014 Tracy rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the first book. I wanted to like this book and it started out well. For me, half way through the book it started to feel less like a second book and more like just a means to get to the third book.
Vee
Feb 18, 2016 Vee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

This book was better than the first! Clare had experienced so much growth during this book it made her a more believable character
Rex Eaton
Apr 02, 2013 Rex Eaton rated it really liked it
Clare is able to finagle her way into accompanying Daniel, Margaret and Jackson to New Orleans in search of answers as to why she is being sought after by Marcus. They find once they arrive that they have been followed by Alex who now becomes part of the search team. A great read that keeps you page turning to see what the next discovery will unfold. The pages fly by until you realize you're on the last page and....NOOOOOOOOO!!!! You're left with Clare having been abducted and enroute to LA. The ...more
Shauna Kelley
Aug 27, 2014 Shauna Kelley rated it liked it
Sronger writing than the first one, this is definitely becoming an engaging series!
Elena Caballero
Jun 03, 2013 Elena Caballero rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-2013
This is the second book in the watchers series. Clare who knows a lot more about the world of half-angels, the war, she finds out more about the seekers and her power. She wants to know why Marcus goes through such lengths to capture her. Whats so important about her? She goes to New Orleans on a mission and wont stop until she succeeds.

This book was full of action and details. I could picture a lot of the scenes on my head. It is like a mystery in some way. She is trying to solve the mystery. I
Jean L Harms
Sep 18, 2014 Jean L Harms rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was great

This book was great

I loved reading this book, I could not put it done. I love books like this one. the character s became real to me. I picked this book because I like the supernatural, mystery, and the fact that I was surprised at every page I turned instead of knowing how it ended before the first chapter. Thank you...
Karen Torres
Dec 01, 2014 Karen Torres rated it it was amazing
Could not put the book down.
Jazz Smith
Aug 01, 2014 Jazz Smith rated it it was amazing
couldn't put it down
Autumn
May 30, 2016 Autumn rated it it was ok
Shelves: scribd
Not holding my attention very well.
Ashley
Jan 30, 2014 Ashley rated it really liked it
I liked the first one better but it was still good
Dana
Jan 20, 2014 Dana rated it it was amazing
Another good read from Lynne Purcell, I highly recommend this writer for a good mystery fantasy read. Couldn't put it down. I'm addicted!
Erin
Mar 08, 2012 Erin rated it really liked it
Great!!! So I read the first three books... They end with clif hangers... I was on the edge of my seat!!! I need to kow what happens next.... I loved it. Clare and Daniel are awesome... Clare is more awesome!
Ces
Mar 31, 2013 Ces rated it really liked it
I was entertained by the adventures that Clare and the others go through but I need to read book three to get somee answers, definetly a good ending so we keep reading... I enjoide the read.
Kyra Dunst
Aug 21, 2013 Kyra Dunst rated it it was amazing
Lynnie Purcell has a wonderful skill for bringing out the darker side of humanity. Her characters have deep emotions and you can't help but get drawn into their feelings and struggles.
Melanie  Arias
Apr 17, 2013 Melanie Arias rated it really liked it
It was a really good book t first but the more I read the more it seamed the same as all the stories that I have read. But I think many people will still enjoy the book.
May 21, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
Strong characters, but the plot was kind of all over the place -- a lot of questions raised that don't get fully addressed...
Mimi
May 26, 2013 Mimi rated it liked it
The only book from this series I didn't like so much. Why? That I don't know. Somehow I couldn't feel the book.
Nadine May
May 02, 2013 Nadine May rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantacy-fiction
I liked the special talents some of the characters have. It reminded me of the TV series The 4400
Jana Salaki
Aug 26, 2013 Jana Salaki rated it really liked it
Love this series, but my least favorite out the the four books.
Mandi
Aug 12, 2013 Mandi rated it liked it
felt like a lot of filler and we really learned nothing new
Diane
Jan 07, 2013 Diane rated it it was amazing
all the books in this series are excellent.
  • Roots and Wings (The Gifted Teens, #2)
  • Broken Wings (Hidden Wings, #2)
  • Demon's Caress (Demon Heat, #1)
  • Tirade (Heven and Hell, #3)
  • Sweet Requiem (Sweet #3)
  • AngelKiller
  • The Love Story (The Things We Can't Change, #4)
  • Crystal Tomb (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #3)
  • Demon Evolution (Oceans of Red, #2)
  • When Silver Moons Rise (Lost Immortals, #2)
  • Angelic (Angelic, #1)
  • Demons of the Sun
  • The Demon Bride (The Witching Pen series, #3)
  • Hunted (The Guardian Legacy, #2)
  • Eyes of Ember (Imdalind, #2)
  • Exposure (The Fringe, #2)
  • Page of Swords (The Demon's Apprentice, #2)
  • Enforcer (Hayle Coven, #18)
Lynnie is an author for young adult and romance novels. You can find her works published on Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Sony, and Apple. She has written five young adult novels and one adult novel. Her passions include reading, watching good movies and TV shows, and writing whenever she can.
More about Lynnie Purcell...

The Watchers (4 books)
  • The Watchers (The Watchers, #1)
  • The Saints (The Watchers, #3)
  • The Last (The Watchers, #4)