Switch

Switch

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  5,304 ratings  ·  522 reviews
don't think don't question just do

The anonymous note wasn't for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not in the habit of reading other people's mail, but it was just a piece of paper with a few lines scrawled on it, clearly meant for the apartment upstairs. It looked so innocent, but decidedly-deliciously-it was not.

Before replacing the note-and the ones that f...more
Published June 2012 by Harlequin (first published December 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Switch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Switch

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness
Posted at http://shamelessromancereviews.blogsp...

SWITCH – I sit here staring at my computer screen, a little dumbfounded after just finishing, Switch. This is the first Megan Hart book that I didn’t really get – I just didn’t get it. I mean, I’m reading the story and I can see Harts style of writing – its real and deep – but at the same time I just didn’t feel it had much direction.

Paige loves her stationary, not just any plain old paper, we’re talking fancy stuff. One day she finds a card and...more
Tia
Spoilers!
This book pissed me off a little. Especially with the ending. Sure, she goes back to Austin, but she has started a relationship with Eric even if just a friendship that could have gone further. And then, she leaves him a note that we don't even know what it says nor his reaction. She basically used this man and he doesn't even get to defend himself or be mad. And Paige is basically a coward and doesn't reveal anything to Eric. So what happens to their relationship in whatever vain it b...more
Sandy M
It’s been a long while since I’ve not finished a book. I usually stick with whatever I’m reading, good or bad, until done, but this time I’ve read half a dozen books since I put this one aside and I just can’t make myself pick it up again.

I’m getting ready to start Chapter 11, and I just don’t care anymore. I have no idea who the hero of this story is. Too much time is spent on issues in Paige’s life that just don’t make any difference to anything so far in the book. With most of it I was just p...more
Monique
Teryl
Part of the ending was a surprise, very clever. The only thing I wish for was an epilogue to know how a few of the characters were doing. An awesome book though!
Danija
Sometimes, you turn back.
Sometimes, you walk away.
And sometimes, you find the place you're meant to be, and you stay there. You find a way to make it work.
Whatever it takes.

Ah, Megan Hart, I admire your skill...

Long ago I've learned that when I get into what I like to call Megan-Hart mood, the best thing to do is to give into it and read a Megan Hart book. That was exactly what I did. And this book made me glad that I did it.

I must say, I expected something different from this book. The title...more
Adrienne
5 Stars +

Okay I'd written loads of notes whilst reading this notes that covered the femdom side of the story, notes that covered the back story and notes that covered the current one. All those have gone by the way because this story really did just blow me away. I love the worlds Megan Hart created I love the mind that can put together words that mean so much and make so much sense, I love her wisdom because that's what it is!

So this is the story of Paige who we met very very fleetingly in Stra...more
Wicked Incognito Now
I did not like this.

In fact, I almost stopped reading it about eight times. I'm actually surprised I didn't relegate this to my "Did Not Finish" list because I made a promise to myself long ago to not make myself read books I'm not loving. But I couldn't quite give it up. I mean--Megan Hart. I love her. I think Broken and Dirty are two of the best books I've ever read.

The writing is quinessential Megan Hart. Her world is gritty and real. But the story was directionless. The main character's conf...more
Susi
I received this book as a review copy from netgalley and then...uh...kind of bought the book out of my OCD to have the really good books as a print copy.

At first I really loved this cover. It represents the book really well and it is just nice to look at. Then I remembered the discussion about "Is he sniffing his armpit?" (BF thought that too by the way) and now I always have to smile when I look at it.

Just to warn you in advance: I'm such a sucker for Ms. Hart's writing and I can hardly leave o...more
I am such a sucker for stationary. I have tons of "journal" type books lying around my house that I use to write down random thoughts, ideas I have, songs I want to download, you name it. I also am a little OCD when it comes to note cards, so much so that I have an entire storage box full of them that I've never even opened. I often go into bookstores, or office supply stores and spend a multitude of time observing the paper products, especially the really expensive paper that can be imprinted....more
Rose
Initial reactions: Sorry to say I didn't like this story much at all. I thought I would, but the story did not flow as well as some of Hart's other works, and I was hard pressed to care about very many, if any of the characters. Plus, some of the revelations really came out of thin air, and there were no resolutions to some of the character relationships, which left me disappointed.

Full review:

Having to write a review for Megan Hart's "Switch" stings quite a bit, because this was a book that see...more
Robert Beveridge
Megan Hart, Switch (Spice, 2010)

It occurred to me while I was reading Switch that the “erotic romance” genre—now a business that turns over many, many millions of dollars annually for prestige publishing houses—consists of the same books we had to buy from seedy bookstores we needed fake IDs to get into when I was in high school. Sure, there's a shade more character development and not quite as much sex as you'd expect from a title Beeline put out in the early eighties, but for all intents and p...more
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
I never know what to expect from a Ms. Hart book. Her mind takes odd twists and turns and her endings aren't always what I wanted. It's not that she doesn't provide HEA or HFN endings, it's more, the endings are not what I anticipated or wanted for the characters. This is the second book in a row where the main character ended up in a place I wasn't expecting. Ms. Hart likes to throw curve balls, that's all I can determine.

In Switch, a cleverly titled novel, Paige starts out wanting a brand new...more
Ali
It was not anything like I was expecting. When I read the back of the book, I thought it looked very interesting. The book was somewhat disjointed and lacked all sense of fluency. The story line was blah and the characters lacked depth. It took forever for the story to actually take flight into something. When it finally did, all I kept thinking was how many ways a writer could have gone with this story. There could have been so many twists and turns, making the book more desirable to read, but...more
Jill Dunlop
Paige finds an anonymous note in her mailbox. It's not meant for her, but instead it’s meant for her neighbor. She can't help but be intrigued by the strange command on the expensive paper. The anonymous notes keep coming, getting bolder and bolder. They take Paige on a journey of self discovery.

I am being sort of vague with my summary of the plot because I think one of the strengths of Switch is the unusual method through which it's told. Paige narrates in first person point of view in present...more
Krystal
This book was something I found at Target one day while I was bored. It sounded different (playing by her rules) kind of thing so I thought I would check it out. For $12, it wasn't bad.

I was kind of disappointed by this book. It had its hot moments, don't get me wrong. It took me a while to really get into this story. It didn't really capture my full attention until she started talking to Eric & writing him the secret notes. I liked Austin. I have mixed feelings about this overall story beca...more
Cherise
Paige is a lover of stationary and pens. She appreciates the different colors, textures and thicknesses of good writing paper. She appreciates the silky smooth flow of the ink when it meets paper. She even enjoys the unique smells inks and papers have.

When she opens her mailbox in the lobby of her upscale apartment building, she is puzzled and equally thrilled to find an envelope and card, made of the high quality linen, containing instructions for the beginning of a sort of game. The card give...more
Sara
I was lost in this book. Not lost in a good way just plain out lost, not knowing what the heck was going on.

Paige was interesting it the beginning and her love for stationary and things associated with it was beautiful. The story began to get sad, really sad and depressing the more interaction she had with her family and the past coming back with Austin, her ex. I just didn't get it, I did not get where this was going to go.

The letters/instructions were intriguing but not enough to keep me glu...more
Pauline Allan
Once again, Ms. Hart has blown me away. I enjoyed her first person point of view as Paige, a woman who has stumbled through a difficult past to find her inner strength and build a new future. This book didn't make me huff and heave with tears like Deeper and Broken, but it made me re-evaluate and appreciate the relationship I have. This author is a master at building characters women can relate to and travel on a personal journey with. Without a doubt I have decided that I must find a pen pal th...more
Sophia (FV)
RATING: 4.5 STARS

The cover on this book jumped off my computer monitor and screamed, “You must read this book!” I immediately clicked for a better look and something strange happened. You know those optical illusions where you look at a picture and your brain interprets it one way, and then you can look at it again later and your brain will interpret it in a completely different way and you’ll see a whole new picture? That’s what happened for me with this cover. At first I saw a sexy cover that...more
Dyllan, The Brazuca Ekaterina
Me BEFORE starting the book:
[image error]

Me WHILE readind the book:

Me AFTER having finished the book:

Okay, jokes apart this wasn't a bad book. I liked... Until the end.
I started it intending on using it for the BDSM Gang Bang Challenge... But... WHERE'S THE FREAKING BDSM???? Though it had very few and VERY light bdsm elemenths, this is NOT Bdsm by a LONG shot.

Not soBrief Summary:
Paige is a woman who's determined to change her life and leave some of her past behind. She's moved out from the city...more
Alma (aka Mrs. Rhaw)
Sometimes, you turn back.
Sometimes, you walk away.
And sometimes, you find the place you’re meant to be, and you stay there.
You find a way to make it work.
Whatever it takes.

And as for me: I’m ALWAYS sad when I have to leave the world of Ms Hart’s stories. The world in which I forget who I am because I became a part of someone else’s life for several hours. Or I become one of her characters *blush*

I had to force myself to be patient because Ms. Hart was feeding me with hand-picked details while I...more
Mojca
This would’ve worked better as a shorter story, written in third person, and with a heroine that wasn’t such a bitch. But since we cannot have everything we want in life, I was stuck with the heroine from hell, a long story, and a bunch of crappy reinvent-your-life-through-sex teachings.

Someone should’ve strangled Paige the bitch as page one and written a better story.
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
I finished this audiobook as usual in about a day as soon as it came out. As with all of Hart's books, I have to get them ASAP. I really liked the story in this book, and the "notes". The characters were nice, I didn't understand the heroine sometimes, she seemed a bit hard headed. But in the end it was a different story, as usual HOT. Would def recommend it.
Laura Reed
I really did not like this story very much. The general premise is great and it could have been soooooo much better if the story had an actual climax to it. The ending did not really make sense at all, I get why she left Austin and I kind of understood why she got back with him. But the whole time she's basically saying something inside of her needs to be a Domme and in her relationship with Austin that was not going to happen.

Paige receives these anonymous notes that are not meant for her but...more
Tiffany Danner
This was my first Megan Hart book and I wasn’t sure what to expect. From the cover I expected Switch to be steamier than it was. Don’t get me wrong, there is lots of smex and steam, but I found the story to be more about Paige figuring out who she is.

Paige is a young, mid twenty year old woman. She has a weird obsession with stationary. I have to admit I have never thought about paper and pen in the ways she does…. but I enjoyed reading about it! At first I had a hard time connecting to her, or...more
Bettina  Rose
Switch by Megan Hart
I started this book all up on my high-horse ready to hang and quarter the publisher for being so tacky as to put "Fifty Shades, hotter than grey" on the cover. For those of you who read my previous blog/rant, you will know I went into it a little prejudiced. I was convinced I would hate it and was shocked when I was blown away by page one. This writer has a lovely way with words and a beautiful voice.
On page nine my little writers heart had a little climax of its own when I...more
Candace
SO yeah.. I read "Switch".. I started it while hanging out at a Barnes and Noble..it was on the same display with "FIfty Shades". I read all three of those and while the writing was less then stellar.. I wanted to know what happened. So I picked up "Switch" and sat down with my Caramel Macchiato...I got to Chapter Nine and kinda tilted my head, thoughtful... Better written then "Fifty"...but..surely there had to be more then what was disclosed in the first NINE chapters! ...and there was...just...more
Lina Siyam
The plot and technical aspects of this book deserve no more than a 2 star rating. However, I am giving this book a 2 star rating because somehow the author has managed to keep me reading a book about a woman I did not identify with, did not sympathize with, and who I thought was a slut.

Reading this book was almost distasteful at some points because of Paige's former lifestyle, and because of her cavalier attitude toward sex and men.

However, my biggest complaint is that there is absolutely no rea...more
Krystle

I gave this book 4/5 stars because I really liked it! It captured my interest and although the book had a lot going on with Paige and Austin and Eric and Paige's mom and her dad (whew) oh and Kira, the author seemed to space them out enough to where it wasn't too chaotic. Generally I can't stand books that have so many background things other than the plot itself but this did it pretty nicely.

That being said, I didn't find this book to be very predictable which I liked and disliked at the same...more
  • Holiday Seduction
  • What She Needs
  • Dare to Surrender
  • The Wicked West
  • Three to Tango
  • Blush
  • Ruin Me
  • Wrapped Around Your Finger (Bound to You, #1)
  • Second Chances
  • Release
  • Trouble (Dungeon #2)
  • Falling for You (Trueblood, #2)
  • The Mistress Files (The Original Sinners, #3.5)
  • A Little Harmless Addiction (Harmless, #5)
  • For Her Pleasure
  • Coming Clean (Dirty Laundry, #3)
  • A Taste of Honey
Megan Hart has written in almost every genre of romantic fiction, including historical, contemporary, romantic suspense, romantic comedy, futuristic, fantasy and perhaps most notably, erotic. She also writes non-erotic fantasy and science fiction, as well as continuing to occasionally dabble in horror.

--from the author's website

Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads databas...more
More about Megan Hart...
Dirty (Dan and Elle, #1) Broken Tempted (Alex Kennedy, #1) Naked (Alex Kennedy, #2) Stranger

“Sometimes, you turn back.
Whatever it takes. ”
88 likes
“Choices. We all make them, sometimes more than once. Sometimes it's the choices we make over and over that define us, but more often it's the choices we don't make.” 11 likes