Start by marking “Snow White and the Huntsman” as Want to Read:
Snow White and the Huntsman

Snow White and the Huntsman

3.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  4,130 Ratings  ·  572 Reviews
copy-edited by Reni Indardini

TAKDIR MEMBERINYA PILIHAN.... TERBUNUH OLEH SANG RATU ATAU BERJUANG BERSAMA PEMBURU.

***

“Wahai, Cermin Ajaib, siapakah yang tercantik di seluruh negeri?”

Permukaan cermin yang diam itu beriak … Tiba-tiba sebentuk cairan tumpah ke lantai, membentuk patung perunggu yang seolah-olah diselubungi kain tebal, namun memantulkan ruangan di sekelilingnya.
Paperback, 1, 247 pages
Published June 2012 by Noura Books (first published January 1st 2012)

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson LevineThe Selection by Kiera CassPrincess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day GeorgePrincess Academy by Shannon HaleFairest by Gail Carson Levine
Books for Oncers ♥
115th out of 131 books — 92 voters
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingRealm of the Goddess by Sabina KhanCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
Books every girl between 13-20 should read
54th out of 133 books — 18 voters

More lists with this book...

Richard Denney
Jun 17, 2012 Richard Denney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-favorites
I did it!! I finished the book before I saw the movie at 5:00pm today.

MOVIE:
You know what? I loved the book and the movie. Charlize Theron is a wonderful actress and she went hard as the Evil Queen "Ravenna". Chris Hemsworth *Swoon* I love him and as "Eric" he was perfect. I can't see anyone replacing him. Now onto Snow White... Snow... Oh, Snow... Kristin... Snow... WHY? To be honest I still don't think she brought anything to "Snow White". I'm sorry Twilighters but she will forever be Bella f
Anzu The Great Destroyer
I have no idea why I wanted to read this book. I just saw the cover and felt like I had to do it. Are they trying to brainwash me? Quick, bring me my tin foil helmet!

Snow White and the Huntsman comes as a pretty good concept. I like the idea of the Raven Queen, the creepy forest, the Huntsman *coughchrishemsworthcough* and Snow White being finally useful. But imagine having to squeeze all this in 200, give or take, pages. It feels hurried. Many scenes end up shortened, stiff and uninteresting. T
Helen
Jan 24, 2015 Helen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kristen Stewart fans
Recommended to Helen by: The movie
Unlike most, I rather enjoyed the Snow White & the Huntsman movie. Charlize Theron as Queen Ravenna was almost hypnotic to watch, while Chris Hemsworth was – as usual – an utter treat to see in yet another period-esque yet action based film. These two were in their element throughout. Even the newbie actor Sam Claflin did a good job.

The cinematography and scenery were fantastic. And the costumes were just fabulous! These two elements were the movie's strongest points, which is why it was nom
Caroline Victoria Murphy (CazzReadsYA)
Warning: MIGHT be spoilers.. I say a bit about the plot but I've done my best to leave out spoilers, but a couple might of slipped

I've seen the advertisement for the film on TV many times and it looks amazing, but going to the cinema is so expensive so I can't afford it which is why I decided to pick up the book instead.

And I'm so happy I did..

As you can tell from the title, this is a re-telling of the fairy tale Snow White by Brothers Grimm and it was also made into a Disney movie.

I am a huge
Jenna~Ice Queen~Dreams
3.5 stars.

Quick, enjoyable book. The ended ended WAY too fast though. I am excited to read other books by this author though, for sure.
Kira
Aug 08, 2012 Kira rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fairy-tales
I should have known better than to read a book based on a movie based on a folk tale, but I read it anyway. It had a lot of potential, plot-wise; I would be all about a well-written story in which Snow White escapes her evil stepmother and is trained to fight in order to kill the evil queen. But the book moved too fast. A teenage girl who has been locked in a dungeon for ten years is not going to be physically fit, even if she had spent those years doing situps and pushups and jogging in place ( ...more
Brittain (Tara Belle Talking)
I so wish this book was better. I wish it was 200 pages longer and written with more detail.

Alas, it is not so.

Full review this afternoon. Such disappointment. Wow.
Leeanna
Jun 12, 2012 Leeanna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Tie-in books are hit and miss, usually miss.

“Snow White and the Huntsman” was a definite miss. I really wanted to like it, because I was so excited about the movie. The trailers looked amazing!

I read the book to tide me over until the movie comes out on DVD, as I won’t be seeing it in the theatre. But reading the tie-in made me not want to see the movie at all. The story, which seemed so cool and different in the trailers, was boiled down to a lackluster tale that went from A to B to C.

The wr
Amelia
Who will you be when faced with the end?
The end of a kingdom,
The end of good men,
Will you run?
Will you hide?
Or will you hunt down evil with a venomous pride?

Rise to the ashes,
Rise to the winter sky,
Rise to the calling,
Make heard the battle cry.
Let it scream from the mountains
From the forest to the chapel,
Because death is a hungry mouth
And you are the apple.

So who will you be when faced with the end?
When the vultures are circling
And the shadows descend
Will you cower?
Or will you fight?
Is your hear
Eliana Rivero
Reading Challenge 2016.
1. Un libro basado en un cuento de hadas

No estoy acostumbrada a leer este tipo de libros, no me llaman la atención. Sin embargo, resultó envolvente desde las primeras páginas. Casi no recordaba la historia de Blancanieves (es de mis princesas menos favoritas), así que fue un giro agradable y diferente al hacer a una Blancanieves fuerte, con carácter, y desarrollar una historia con un cazador que debía matarla.

La prosa es simple y llana, nada muy literario ni elaborado. Lo
Jun 27, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First of all, I haven't yet seen the movie...
Secondly, dispite giving this book 3 stars (I felt it was too rushed all the way through) I did enjoy it, and I still want to see the movie. (Chris Hemsworth DOES help swing this though lol)

To summerise: A nice, quick read :)
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
I confess that I'm a little wary of reading books based on movies as it seems a little unnatural - surely movies should be based on books? Still, I wanted to know what all the fuss was about surrounding Snow White and the Huntsman. To be honest, I lack the concentration span for films, so it was actually great to see that a novel was being released - I can use my own imagination and take it at my own pace.... but now, after reading the book, I do want to go and see the film version!

I have read
Ana
Jul 13, 2012 Ana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm beginning to think that books based on movies are forever doomed. From last year’s Red Riding Hood to this new gothic fairy tale remake, these types of books are setting the bar excruciatingly low for their kind.

I want to begin this review by saying that I have not yet seen the Snow White and the Huntsman movie. I do plan to see it when it comes out on DVD I’ve actually heard great things about it, which is why I picked up the book in the first place. Unfortunately, the book sucks.
I mean, Bl
Keenan Dominic van Coke
Actual rating: 2.5
Rachel
Jul 29, 2012 Rachel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Since I saw the movie, that's probably why I gave this 2 stars, at first. This was a shoddily written book. I could have done better at writing it. It should have been listed as a junior novelization, it's that poorly written, except some junior novelizations are quite good. I like the character of the Huntsman, which saved this. More back story could have been included on every character, including Snow White.

She spent most of her life in a tower, yet she wasn't bitter, but kind. She should hav
Mae Faller
My bestfriend gave this book to me on my birthday so I started reading it right away :) It was quite an easy read. I finished withing 5 hours. Anyway, as everyone may already know its a book based on a movie that's base on a folk tale. The plot was promising though I think the story moved wayyy too fast. Snow White was trapped inside the dungeon for 10 years, it's a bit skeptical that she learned how to fight and hold a sword in just a few days. How the heck did she also have the stamina to run ...more
Céline
ik heb best wel genoten van dit boek. Was beter dan verwacht.
Ashlee Telschow
Jan 20, 2015 Ashlee Telschow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lyndi Steinhilber
Mar 25, 2012 Lyndi Steinhilber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Can't wait to see the movie!
It needs to hurry up and be June 1st already, SWATH is the movie I am most excited for this year for sure!
Kristen Stewart makes a perfect Snow White, she is so beautiful and talented. and Chris is a perfect choice for the Huntsman!
I can't wait to see the chemistry between Chris and Kristen as The Huntsman and Snow!

Cee (The Mistress Case)
Disappointing, boring, and bland. One star for the villain. The extra star is for the movie. Don't waste your time with the book.
Kristal Kitap
bu kitabı okuyacağınıza masalını okuyun daha iyi. -_- hiç bişey yoktu kitabın içinde. dümdüz okundu ve bitti.
Charon Lloyd-Roberts
I've seen the movie to this many times and yes I'm aware that the book ties into it hence I read it and of course it's a Snow White retelling so of course I was going to read this eventually and I loved it as the chapters just flew by but yeah it was a great book hence it has gotten a spot on my favorites.

A summery for Snow White and the Huntsman:

She is destined... either the Queen will kill her or the Huntsman will transform her into a warrior.

Ten years ago, the stunning and vengeful Queen Rave
(;Missy.Lala;)
Haley Mathiot
You know what I love? Creatively re-told fairy-tales. You know what I hate? Terribly re-told fairy-tales made into crappy movies and then made into a book, written with poor prose. That pretty much summarizes how I feel about this (audio)book.

Let's start with the good:

1. The narrator was excellent. She also read for Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Why We Broke Up, the Iron King, and many other audiobooks. She made even the dullest most pointless sentences, pieces of dialogue, and descriptions sound
Rosy
Jun 17, 2012 Rosy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This review was written for 'The Review Diaries' http://reviewdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

Let me start by making it incredibly clear that this review relates to the book, not the film ‘Snow White and the Huntsman’ – despite the two being linked, I loved the film. My feelings for the book however are on the other end of the scale.

I usually make it a rule that books based on a screenplay/new film are to be avoided. The other way around and I don’t mind, I love seeing how a book has been adapted to make
Carolyn
Jul 28, 2012 Carolyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
Having seen the movie last weekend I decided to read this as a fill-in whilst waiting for another book to come out. I had read about 60% of it before changing to the book I was waiting for, then went back and read the rest this morning. I must say that I really enjoyed it. I realise that it was a movie tie-in book and written from the script but I found that it was really well written and slightly different to the movie. I honestly couldn’t picture the movie cast members as the characters though ...more
Simay Yildiz
Sep 05, 2012 Simay Yildiz rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-like
Türkçe yorum: http://zimlicious.blogspot.com/2012/0...
English review appears on http://communitybookstop.blogspot.com

For the first time in a very long time, I bought a book at the grocery store, and I felt like it was produced by the grocery store. I was rather upset that I couldn't see the movie, and now I've decided I'll just wait until it's on DVD so I can just rent it to kill my curiosity.

Yes, the book was a 'darker' Snow White story, but everything happened so fast that if you don't know t
Kristen
Jul 20, 2012 Kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fairy-tales
I saw the movie before I read this book. I enjoyed the movie so much, that I had to pick up the book and see how they compare. Now, I know this book was written based on the script of the movie, so I knew it was going to be pretty close to the movie. I think there were things I liked better in the movie and some things I liked better in the book.

Better in the movie:
1) Most of the backstory was told at the beginning of the movie - you knew who William was before she was trying to escape, etc. In
Red Kedi
Nov 20, 2013 Red Kedi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Conosciamo tutti la favola di Biancaneve.
Una cosa che però non sapevo, è che la versione originale, non è quella della Disney ma quella dei fratelli Grimm. Pare (non avendola letta non posso essere sicura) sia ben diversa dalla favola melensa a cui siamo abituati, così effettivamente, posso capire perchè il Film e il libro siano tanto diversi dalla versione che conosco.
Una cosa che mi capita poco, è la voglia di leggere un libro e vedere il relativo film. Devo dire che, andando oltre l'antipat
Emma
Jul 25, 2012 Emma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: guest-reviews
Review by Madison

When the beautiful but deadly Queen Ravenna murdered the King and captured the kingdom; Snow White was locked away, in a cell where she would spend the next ten years of her life.

However, when Ravenna's beauty and power begin to fail she calls for Snow White in order to consume her heart; the purest heart of them all. Miraculously, Snow White escapes.

Ravenna sends Eric, the Huntsman, to retrieve her. When he uncovers Ravenna's deceit he spares Snow White. Instead of disappearing
Sequel Movie 4 19 Sep 29, 2014 03:22PM
better than the movie? 6 49 Jul 19, 2014 06:57AM
♥Calling All Fang...: snow white and the huntsman 9 29 Feb 25, 2014 01:09PM
movie compared to book 10 29 Feb 16, 2013 06:20PM
We <3 Teen Books!: Snow White and the Huntsman 14 16 Jun 28, 2012 11:12AM
Goodreads Indonesia: nobar Snow White and the Huntsman berhadiah novelnya 3 184 Jun 05, 2012 09:13PM
Book Giveaways: Win a copy of film tie-in novel Snow White and The Huntsman 3 33 May 18, 2012 12:03PM
  • A White So Red
  • A Weakened Heart (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #21)
  • Path of Revenge (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #16)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Cinderella (Live Action) Junior Novel
  • The Last Tear (W.I.T.C.H. Chapter Books, #5)
  • Sleeping Beauty (Faerie Tale Collection, #2)
  • Illusions And Lies (W.I.T.C.H., #6)
  • Thumbelina
  • The Wilful Eye (Tales from the Tower, #1)
  • Sweetly (Fairytale Retellings, #2)
  • The Secret History of Tom Trueheart (Tom Trueheart, #1)

“But I have come to learn there is no peace while others suffer.” 22 likes
“Who will you be when faced with the end?
The end of a kingdom,
The end of good men,
Will you run?
Will you hide?
Or will you hunt down evil with a venomous pride?

Rise to the ashes,
Rise to the winter sky,
Rise to the calling,
Make heard the battle cry.
Let it scream from the mountains
From the forest to the chapel,
Because death is a hungry mouth
And you are the apple.

So who will you be when faced with the end?
When the vultures are circling
And the shadows descend
Will you cower?
Or will you fight?
Is your heart made of glass?
Or a pure Snow White?”