Start by marking “My Dinosaur is Scared of Vegetables” as Want to Read:
My Dinosaur is Scared of Vegetables

My Dinosaur is Scared of Vegetables

If you like stories by Maurice Sendak, Jon Klassen, Dr Seuss and P D Eastman then you will love this beautiful tale told by Lily Lexington in her debut children’s story.

Follow Jack and his cute dinosaur friend in his quest to avoid eating his vegetables.

The story ends with a great lesson about nutrition that all parents will love.
- 15 beautiful illustrations with many humo
Published February 13th 2012

To ask other readers questions about My Dinosaur is Scared of Vegetables, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Dinosaur is Scared of Vegetables

Vicki
May 28, 2016 Vicki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook-children
The book is a delight to read with a small child. Everyone loves dinosaurs and so it keeps the child entertained as they learn that vegetables are a good idea for a healthy body.

The Dinosaur is a great addition to the book. He trembles at the sight of vegetables and the telling is very funny.

I loved personally that it was in rhyme. It is hard to have such a full inventive story in rhyme.
Grampy
Jan 27, 2013 Grampy rated it really liked it
Short and cute, just like the little kids it is intended for. In "My Dinosaur is Scared of Vegetables" by Lily Lexington, Jack has a pet dinosaur, who is afraid to eat vegetables. On the first page, Jack's dinosaur is hiding in a closet, whimpering and sucking his thumb, because it is dinner time, but neither of them wants to eat their vegetables. When Jack explained why he couldn't come to dinner, his mother sent "his dinosaur" to bed; Jack went with him. He grumbled to his dinosaur that he ...more
Lee Ann
Sep 09, 2016 Lee Ann rated it it was amazing
Amazing set of stories!!!!

My son and I loved reading the stories each night. I loved the quotes at the beginning of each and the lessons that came out each story. Thank you for great children's stories.
Charlie
Jul 07, 2015 Charlie rated it really liked it
What an adorable picture book with a strong message!

Jack and his big, red dinosaur do not like vegetables. At all. They hide in the closet. They hide under the living room table. They go to bed with no dinner. They eat no breakfast in their refusal to eat vegetables. The dinosaur is scared of vegetables, of course!

As a result, they both don’t fare so well the next day. The dinosaur is sleepy and Jack is slow at his game.

After the not-so-good day, Mom has a tête-à-tête with the dinosaur and they
Julie Barrett
Jan 07, 2013 Julie Barrett rated it it was amazing
My Dinosaur is Scared of Vegetables by Lily Lexington
Illustrated very colorful children's book about how Jack's dinosaur does not like or eat vegetables. One night when they refuse they just go to bed.
Next morning there is no breakfast at the table, but last night's vegetables still waiting to be eaten.
The dinosaur ran to hide under the living room table, away from the vegetables. They get in the car and go to the ball game.
He had lost the game because he was so slow and Mom talked to the dinosa
Barbara Ann
Apr 19, 2015 Barbara Ann rated it liked it
If you have a child who loves dinosaurs and hates eating his vegetables, this book may be for your preschooler. Tale revolves around Jack and his dinosaur who both hate to eat their vegetables. When Jack's mom puts her foot down and refuses to offer anything else, Jack and his dino go on a food strike. They soon find out why skipping vegetables is important.

This story is written in rhyme, which occasionally feels a bit forced and there a few editing issues. Parents or caretakers might want to us
Steven Adkison
Apr 15, 2015 Steven Adkison rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
My kids are adults and all my grandkids are over eight.
I was a Speech Pathologist for over 20 years and can see how this book can be used in a couple ways - developing their reading skills and learning inflection skills while reading poetry. Vocabulary can also be developed (what is a beetroot?) Complete sentences could also be made around the illustrations. The book has alot of educational uses but it can also be read for enjoyment. I felt it was a good book.
Anita Lovett
Jul 13, 2015 Anita Lovett rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Read

I look for three things in children's books for the 3-5 age range: A good story, captivating illustrations, and really good flow. Lily Lexington delivers it all in one neat package! My son was engrossed in the story and even said he should give veggies a second chance. The word choice and rhythmic flow were fantastic. I definitely recommend this for bedtimes and early readers.
Suz
Jan 05, 2014 Suz rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya-kid-lit
Jack and his dinosaur refuse to eat vegetables, but learn that they need the vitamins in veggies to stay healthy and have the energy for things like ball games. You could read the story with kids to illustrate the point of nutrition, but it isn't something that kids would read and re-read on their own.
Lianna Harris
Feb 01, 2015 Lianna Harris rated it it was amazing
4 year picky eater

I am so happy I found this book! I have the hardest time getting my son to eat almost anything. As he just registered for spring t-ball he was more than willing to try his vegetables after reading this book!
Tonya Jones
Oct 29, 2014 Tonya Jones rated it it was amazing
Great book to encourage your child to eat more veggies...

My child has always had a difficult time eating his vegetables but after reading this book, he and his imaginary friend Ralph, take at least three bites of veggies at dinner. I love it.... whatever works!
Gricelda
Mar 08, 2015 Gricelda rated it it was amazing
Kept my 2 year old who loves dinosaurs entertained in learning how important veggies are.

I liked this book for my toddler because it's not too long for them to loose interest and let's them understand how veggies can be important. I recommend it to others.
Kari Dennis
Feb 05, 2015 Kari Dennis rated it really liked it
Awesome

When I was done reading it to my daughter, I asked her what she thought of it, her reply was, 'awesome'. Personally, I thought it was well written, funny, and carried a good message.
Sheetal
Jan 06, 2015 Sheetal rated it really liked it
fun rhyming book -- good learning

Shows the importance of vegetables in our diet ....in a gentle playful way.
My son loved the dinosaur and wants to be sting to play soccer & be the winner
Stacey
Jul 16, 2013 Stacey rated it liked it
Fun children's book. Especially helpful in convincing those finicky eaters to try some healthy veggies. This was on amazon.com as a free book this week.
Cor
Apr 04, 2013 Cor rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, kindle
I would give this to a kid between 1-3 years. Good message, and has a dinosaur. What more can you ask?
Caryn Watson Watz Books and Teasers
My favorite kids book

I loved how this book encourages little kids to eat their veggies in a fun rhyming way gets stuck in ur head
Michael Gavin
Nov 09, 2015 Michael Gavin rated it it was amazing
Good book

My niece loves it. The five stories really kept her entertained. I highly recommend this book to anyone with kids
Cindy
Jan 20, 2015 Cindy rated it really liked it
good book for healthy eating lesson

My students enjoyed this book because it was funny with the dinosaur, the kids learned something, and they liked the baseball game.
Joycelyn Rawlins
Sep 11, 2014 Joycelyn Rawlins rated it really liked it
Nice Lesson for Kids

I like that the book also had a lesson for the kids in addition to a very lovely story. looking for another book from Me. Lexington.
Janet Fair
Janet Fair rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2014
Gyda Kjekshus
Gyda Kjekshus rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2015
Carrie Lampman
Carrie Lampman rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2016
atoyia
atoyia rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2014
connie vaughn may
connie vaughn may rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2015
Craig Fischer
Craig Fischer rated it it was ok
Mar 09, 2013
Pam
Pam rated it did not like it
Mar 27, 2015
Jason Riddle
Jason Riddle rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2015
David Gelinskey
David Gelinskey rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Starr Olinger
Starr Olinger rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • I'll Follow the Moon
  • Do Monsters Wear Undies?
  • Little Caterpillar And Cricket (Noisy Farm - A Beautifully Illustrated Children's Picture Book, Perfect Bedtime Story)
  • Dora Loves Boots
  • I Love Baby Animals - Fun Children's Picture Book with Amazing Photos of Baby Animals (Animal Books for Children 1)
  • Blucy: The Blue Cat
  • Paddington Helps Out (Paddington, #3)
  • Garbage! Monster! Burp!
  • I Love to Sleep in My Own Bed
  • Hugo The Happy Starfish: The Secret to Happiness
  • The Zebra Said Shhh
  • Bedtime Little Bear
  • Dear Pope Francis: The Pope Answers Letters from Children Around the World
  • My Name Is Not Isabella
  • Sweet Dreams, Little Pup
  • The Adventures of Blue Ocean Bob: Into the Lead
  • The Way of the Jedi (Star Wars: The Clone Wars Decide Your Destiny, #1)
  • Kat McGee and The School of Christmas Spirit
As a girl Lily often turned to her imagination for fun escaping into a magical world of excitement and adventure.

These days she is a quirky mother of three that is often seen walking around the house singing rhymes to herself.

She loves her 3 children tremendously and her stories were inspired by them.
More about Lily Lexington...

“stomped up the stairs and then slammed” 0 likes
“see. He’s even agreed to try broccoli and peas.” Jack took a bite from the carrot and said “This isn’t half” 0 likes