Start by marking “Chaos (The Lost Gods, #5)” as Want to Read:
Chaos (The Lost Gods, #5)

Chaos (The Lost Gods #5)

Nine gods ruled the world, until the ultimate betrayal resulted in their destruction. Now, the world is dying and only by restoring the Lost Gods can it be saved.

Sealed off from the world for nine hundred years, Schatten is a country of darkness and mystery. The power of Teufel, Shadow of the Lost Licht, keeps the rest of the world out, and his deadly Sentinels keep the pe
Published September 26th 2012 by Less Than Three Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Chaos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chaos

Jenre
Oct 12, 2012 Jenre rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, fantasy, romance
Book five in The Lost Gods series is the culmination of all the ideas from the previous books. Throughout the series there has been mention of the child of chaos who will break into the land of Schatten, a mysterious closed off land which is ruled over by a tyrannical shadow of a god, Teufel. Sasha is that child of chaos who has been charged with infiltrating the country and starting a chain of events which will free the people of Schatten. However, there's a slight hitch to the plan when Sasha ...more
julio
Oct 05, 2012 julio rated it liked it
only two people get conveniently knocked-out in this one.

so. y'know.

baby steps.
Cole Riann
Review posted at The Armchair Reader.

This is the final book in the Lost Gods series, and it is worth reading the whole series to get to this book, although several books in the series rival it in strength. Chaos has something that the rest do not, however, which is the culmination and reveal of how exactly the gods were lost in the first place, over 900 years previous. We got a little bit more with each book, but this last one, about Schatten, Lost Licht and Teufel, is perfectly placed. So in a
Julesmarie
Dec 31, 2012 Julesmarie rated it it was amazing
Spectacular! Beautiful! An amazing end to a fascinating series.

I'd been thinking before starting this one that there were a few loose ends that I wished had been tied up. And reading the blurb and seeing that this book was about YET ANOTHER new character rather disheartened me. I'd hoped that the final book would be about someone I'd gotten to know and care about through the rest of the series.

That being said, however, I was still so excited to get to find out how everything would work out.

It w
Shelby
I just plain love this series! I'm so glad I read it. The whole thing delighted me and this book was no exception. I'd been wondering how they were going to wrap everything up, have all the lost gods returned to the world as we were finally going to get to the gods that caused the majority of the trouble in the first place. One heck of a misunderstanding certainly started the trouble.

I really loved the mythology of this world. These gods were very human in their squabbles and their mistakes, com
Terry Milien
Aug 10, 2012 Terry Milien rated it it was amazing
Why are there only 5 stars?!

Perfect. Simply perfect. I cannot say more than that, except that I wish there was no end to it. But alas, all good things come to an end, and I guess it is even more bittersweet when said things are not just "good" but "wonderful". I don't know whether to sob or smile so here is an hybrid smiley: *_T
Tamarrion Lash
Jan 21, 2013 Tamarrion Lash rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Когда начала читать книгу, поняла, что ничего уже не помню из предыдущих. Хороший повод, чтобы перечитать всю серию :)
TS
Mar 03, 2017 TS rated it it was amazing
It was nice. I have to admit that I would have never guessed that Sasha was Nikolai. I also have to admit that the revelation put me out of sorts. From the first book, the impression I had of Kolya was not a pretty one. It did get better after the second book with all the affairs in Pozhar, but still, not the best one. I thought of Kolya like a bird like man with bright red hair that look like was dyed that colour recently and is obviously chemical induced.
To me, Sasha (I love that name! special
T Silver
Dec 28, 2015 T Silver rated it it was amazing
To me, Sasha (I love that name! special
Joseph Lidester
Jul 02, 2014 Joseph Lidester rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the characters in this book as well. Friedrich reminded me of Gaius Baltar and Number Six from Battlestar Galactica. (Which are the best television characters of all time). Anyways, the plot was interesting but it was just the ending that was too easy for me. This is the final book, the final boss, and they defeated him soo easily. Not only that, the final villain/boss had a similar story as other villains so wasn't original to me. The main characters were original though which ...more
JL Lucaban
Feb 20, 2016 JL Lucaban rated it it was amazing
Here's my three things again: xD

First, I can't believe I am done reading the whole series. T^T I always feels sad whenever that happens T^T.

Second, the whole series felt like one story with different plots and characters. Though, I still like it even though it's a predictable story.

Third! and this I like the most, every time I finish a story, I am left with questions of what happened after. I really love that ending!
Deeze
Nov 06, 2015 Deeze rated it it was amazing
A most fitting end to a wonderful series.

I have enjoyed each book in this series, but this one I think just tips the scales for favorite.

Sashas story was not just interesting but probably the most romantic.

The secondary story was equally as sweet.

The ending was well done although I'm sad that I will have to leave this land, but I'm content that all is finally how it should be.
Erick Denson
Apr 05, 2015 Erick Denson rated it really liked it
A good ending to an overall good series. I enjoyed the insight that each book gave into the story of the Lost Gods and this concluding book was no different. Overall a good science fiction series with mystery, action, adventure, love and suspense.
Ambre
Jul 23, 2015 Ambre rated it liked it
This series has a lot of potential, but in the end the author depends a lot on romance tropes and reused phrases. The world and magic are not as fleshed out as they could be, and the characters are mostly one-sided.
Lady*M
4 1/2 Hearts

Review to follow
Lav123
Jun 20, 2015 Lav123 rated it it was amazing
I loved the entire series. The books had me hooked. However, book 3 to 5 were quite dark. I love the whimsical aspects for Megan Derr's writing. Hope it comes back.
Nova
Jan 17, 2016 Nova rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, fantasy
Chaos was my favorite book in this series. Mainly because my favorite character finally found happiness. :)
Melanie
Sep 07, 2012 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Outstanding ending to an outstanding series. Review to follow.
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2013
J
J rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Stevie
Stevie rated it really liked it
May 27, 2013
Shadaeron
Shadaeron rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2013
Killian Louis
Killian Louis rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2017
Anja
Anja rated it it was amazing
Dec 21, 2013
Aude Bourniquel
Aude Bourniquel rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2013
Chie
Chie rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2012
  • Fairytales Slashed 4
  • That Famous Happy End
  • Azure Seas & Dragon Isles
  • Battle of Will
  • Dragon Slayer (The Empty Crown #1)
  • Dream (Aisling, #2)
  • Dracones
  • The Lodestar of Ys
  • The Gravemen
  • Mariner's Luck (Scarlet and the White Wolf, #2)
  • Lords of Kellesborne (The Draegan Lords Book 2)
  • Goblins, Book One
  • By Chance Met (Chronicles of Ylandre, #3)
Megan is a long time resident of m/m fiction, and keeps herself busy reading, writing, and publishing it. She is often accused of fluff and nonsense. When she's not involved in writing, she likes to cook, harass her cats, or watch movies (especially all things James Bond). She loves to hear from readers, and can be found all around the internet.

maderr.com
maderr.tumblr.com
maderr.livejournal.com
More about Megan Derr...

The Lost Gods (5 books)
  • Treasure (The Lost Gods, #1)
  • Burning Bright (The Lost Gods, #2)
  • Stone Rose (The Lost Gods, #3)
  • Poison (The Lost Gods, #4)