Start by marking “Senseless Confidential” as Want to Read:
Senseless Confidential

Senseless Confidential

Hardly a day goes by when some fuckhead doesn't want to shoot me. Today is no exception.

Meet Nick Prince, who just wants to go drown his sorrows at the Safari Club and pine for Beth, his lost college love. But before he can do that, his job with the U.S. Census Bureau requires him to face down reluctant respondents in the remote forests of Oregon, who repel him with everyt
Published August 1st 2012 by Dinkus Books (first published June 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Senseless Confidential, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Senseless Confidential

Darcia Helle
Senseless is a laugh-out-loud comedy, with a generous sprinkling of mystery and suspense. But it's also a sort of adult coming-of-age story, filled with insightful tidbits as Nick finds his way in life. This combination works perfectly to create a truly unique plot and a captivating read.

I am a sucker for compelling characters and Senseless is filled with them. No one here is perfect or predictable. I was hooked from the opening sentence.
Libby Wentz
Jun 15, 2012 Libby Wentz rated it it was amazing
I picked up SENSELESS CONFIDENTIAL at an art festival in Wilsonville a couple of weeks ago, not only because I like settings with which I am familiar (Oregon Cascades) but because The Census has been in the news lately.

I totally enjoyed this book. Bannon's dark humor reminded me of Carl Hiaasen. He juggles several subplots, with as many twists and turns as the logging roads in the book, but everything is beautifully sewn together by the delightful ending.

Catch-22 often came to mind when reading
Cecilie
Sep 08, 2012 Cecilie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, first-reads, own
"That's your problem, Nick. You're a dreamer who never wakes up to do anything about it."

Nick Prince works for the U.S Census Bureau, living his life from day to day on nothing more than hopeless dreams of his long-lost college girlfriend Beth. He doesn't envolve himself in anything other than drinking beer, watching strippers and perfoming a job, he took and kept out of necessity and in the believe he could do nothing else.
When a Census visit evolves in unexpected ways, Nick finds himself in th
Grace Tippetts
Jun 10, 2012 Grace Tippetts rated it it was amazing
So much healing laughter and entertainment in the same story, loved it! I don't want to get into any details that would be spoilers, but Martin Bannon truly writes his way across the entire human spectrum with this riveting and hilarious book. Consider this to be a summer reading must.

Valerie
Aug 13, 2012 Valerie rated it really liked it
What a fun book to read!It truly is a laugh outloud mystery/suspense novel. If you like carl hiaasen you'll love Oregon's own Martin Bannon. I don't want to do any spoilers on the book so just go buy it and you'll see.
Turi
Aug 12, 2016 Turi rated it really liked it
This was a fun book! I know the author, so of course, wanted to read his book. It is very good - keeps you going!
Joyce Reynolds-Ward
Dec 26, 2012 Joyce Reynolds-Ward rated it liked it
Without the local connection, I'm not certain I would have picked this book up. It is a fun read, and delivers what it promises. But it doesn't quite rise above the average. The scenario itself was worthy of a Tom Robbins absurdist tale, but it just never got there. Too bad because I could always use another Tom Robbins.
Denise Kawaii
Jul 11, 2013 Denise Kawaii rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book when I picked it up, but I'm glad I gave it a chance! I couldn't stand to put it down and ended up taking two days away from real life so that I could finish it. I'm looking forward to read more of Bannon's work - highly addictive.
Sue Gerberding
Sue Gerberding rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2014
Chuck Kisselburg
Chuck Kisselburg rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2012
Stevan Allred
Stevan Allred rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2013
Debby Cosier
Debby Cosier rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2014
Brian Allard
Brian Allard rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2013
Debbie Ortiz
Debbie Ortiz rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2013
Joe Rhinewine
Joe Rhinewine rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2012
Marty Beaudet
Marty Beaudet rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2012
Ruth Ott
Ruth Ott rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2015
Rhonda Durham
Rhonda Durham rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2014
Melinda
Melinda rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2013
proseaddict
proseaddict rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2012
Martin Bannon
Jun 06, 2012 Martin Bannon added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ravina Deshpande
Ravina Deshpande marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2012
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2012
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2012
Shahrun
Shahrun marked it as to-read
Jurate
Jurate marked it as to-read
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Rosa.cruz7
Rosa.cruz7 marked it as to-read
Viktória
Viktória marked it as to-read
Gaelle Maria
Gaelle Maria marked it as to-read
Irene Menge
Irene Menge marked it as to-read
Cristy Ridey
Cristy Ridey marked it as to-read
Rose Cimarron
Rose Cimarron marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2012
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2012
Cindy Flores
Cindy Flores marked it as to-read
Ralph
Ralph marked it as to-read
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Virginija
Virginija marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2012
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2012
Nyles
Nyles marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2012
Stephen Thompson
Stephen Thompson marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2012
Yvonne
Yvonne marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2012
Lana
Lana marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2012
Stacy
Stacy marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2012
C.P.
C.P. marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2012
Pebbles Good
Pebbles Good marked it as to-read
Jemima
Jemima marked it as to-read
Bri
Bri marked it as to-read
Jill Watkins
Jill Watkins marked it as to-read
The film adaptation of Senseless Confidential 1 2 Jun 11, 2014 10:28PM
6151999
Originally from the San Francisco Bay Area, Martin Bannon has lived in Oregon's politically schizophrenic Clackamas County since 1998.

Senseless Confidential, a comedic crime caper through the county's backwoods, is his third book.

Bannon, who has lived in places as varied as Puerto Rico, Switzerland, and Utah, majored in Soviet Studies to pursue a career in Intelligence. When he discovered that the
More about Martin Bannon...