Start by marking “Beach Balls (Balls to the Wall, #3)” as Want to Read:
Beach Balls (Balls to the Wall, #3)

Beach Balls (Balls to the Wall #3)

Adam James is so far in the closet he could find Narnia. But coming out would threaten all he's built as the attorney for the homophobic WMA Development, and the million-dollar paycheck waiting for him once they push their big land development deal through the city council. Then, on an early morning scuba dive, Adam meets a tall, lean rebreather diver named Sky who makes h ...more
Published May 29th 2012 by Etopia Press (first published May 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Beach Balls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beach Balls

Lorraine Lesar
Apr 21, 2017 Lorraine Lesar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh what a clever little author Tara Lain is. In her latest offering she not only gave us a very different feel to this book compared to the others in the Series but weaved a moral message into the storyline regarding environmental issues and the toxicity it can cause if not addressed, which gave me something to think about......
Her main protagonists love story also had the potential of being a toxic relationship disaster - for Adam, it's all about the money. For Sky, it's all about being safe in
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
This was my favorite one so far. I still spent some time in the beginning trying to remember who these people were or if we met them in the previous books.

I loved in the closet Adam. He was up front about it and spent most of the book questioning his life and the reasons for doing so. Sky was fabulous. The octopus incident had me laughing out loud. He was funny and sexy, and when they got together, they sizzled.

Another good read that is keeping me hooked on the Balls books.
Vio
Not sure how to review Beach Balls it didn't hit every button for me some of it was enjoyable and funny but there was a missing element in the relationship between Adam and Sky it wasn't as sexy or as dreamy as I would have liked. That sizzling attraction that made Fire Balls so good was not there or I just didn't feel it. Still it was a nice light easy read with a few cute moments.
Macky

Out of the four books in this series " Beach Balls " felt like it had taken a step away from the series. I was expecting this to be Jerry's story but Tara introduced two new characters who have never been mentioned before so that's possibly why it felt different. Looking back now, to when I first read it, I remember thinking then, that it almost felt as if it could have been a standalone outside of the series. Needless to say I still really enjoyed it. Adam and Sky have great chemistry and the p
Candice

This book was a light and easy read. I liked both Adam and Sky and thought the story on how they met with the octopus was kinda cute. Unfortunately there just seemed to be something missing with the way the storyline was set up. I felt that as the reader I was given just enough information to move the story along, but never enough to feel connected with what was happening or with the characters completely. Still it was an enjoyable read.
Eli Easton
Sep 29, 2013 Eli Easton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading the recent FAST Balls, I realized I had missing one in the Balls to the Walls series--this one--and hurried to remedy that.

As usual with Tara Lain, I enjoyed this quick, easy-to-read romance. Sky and Adam were both very appealing, and I liked the antagonism sub-plot and how they both affected each other's outlooks on life. It was rewarding to see Adam come out of the closet and find himself.

This was quite a good read. Not my favorite in the series but very good. Recommended!
Susan65
Apr 25, 2012 Susan65 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really, really liked this one. Best of the series so far i think. It was cute, sweet, funny, a touch of angst but not too much, and some serious underwater making out. Such a great read from start to finish.
Gabbi
Beach Balls is the third book in the Balls to the Walls series and so far, it’s my favorite in the series. I loved the chemistry between the two heroes as well as their drive to do what it right. As usual, Ms. Lain did an excellent job at writing a funny, heartfelt, sexy read that lived in my heart and mind long after I finished the book.

Adam James has been going through the motions of life for a long time. As a successful lawyer, he is afraid to tell his peers and others about his homosexuality
Sandra
I really enjoy this series. The plot to this had me hesitating because it could have been cheesy and annoying, but just like with Fire Balls, I thoroughly enjoyed every moment. It was paced very well and they didn't rush into the drama so that we got bored. The first third was us meeting Adam, then his and Sky's meeting and realizing they had chemistry and starting a thing. Their altercation/climax/realization-that-they're-nemesis came at just the right time and developed naturally without feeli ...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Sweet easy story, I read it at the beach, but alas no balls, none in the story or at the beach! *sigh*
It was cute, nothing deep or really exciting, like Candice I was missing a little something 'special'.
But I enjoyed it and sort of wished Sky had grovled a bit, I didn't see Adam as all at fault in this one, and thought Sky was a bit 'holier-than -thou', but he understood better at the end!
(view spoiler)
Shannon
Mar 03, 2014 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Shannon by: Dawn
Better than I was expecting with Sky and Adam on opposing sides of environmental issues. Of course, they didn't realize this when the first met and got all dirty with each other. Adam was just a sad guy. Everything about him was kind of pathetic in a rich guy-in the closet way. Sky was fabulous, of course. Mr. Vegetarian, environmental crusader, hippyish was just kind of perfect. I did find it odd that they both had giant dicks. Like the smaller of the two was 9 inches. What? Holy crap! Cute sto ...more
Diane
May 31, 2012 Diane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book! I think this is my favorite in the series (well, at least for now!), in part because it is more about overcoming your own perceived bias than those that can be imposed on you by society, although there is that too! But mostly, it's about Sky and Adam deciding if they can look beyond their own fear and judgement to take a chance on being more, and maybe finding love.

Very hot scenes of course, but I really enjoyed the quiet moments - for the leads on their time together are defi
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Definitely better than the first two in this series, but still not impressing me. I think it's safe to say I'm not a huge fan of Tara Lain.
Catherine
Two words: Underwater blowjob.

This was my favorite book in the series so far (but that's not really saying much).
Angie
May 02, 2017 Angie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy to read and review for Wicked Reads

I really enjoy this series. Each book can be read as a stand alone. These books are low angst with lots of sex and happy endings. Adam and Sky are so good together and as a reader I could feel their connection. We did here from a few characters from previous books but if you never read those books you wouldn't have known it or missed anything. I just want to know if friends like Carly really exist and if so I want one! This was a fast sweet re
Lena Grey
Jun 12, 2012 Lena Grey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's good to have strong principles, but we need to reexamine them from time to time to make sure they are still relevant. Broad, sweeping generalizations such as all developers are crooks and all conservationists are reactionaries isn't healthy or fair. Adam and Sky of Tara Lain's book 'Beach Balls' are both very determined men with very specific attitudes toward certain things which seemingly put them on different sides of the fence. If they want to be together, they need to dig deep and decid ...more
Thomaidha Papa
Sep 12, 2012 Thomaidha Papa rated it it was amazing
4.5

Oh my, what a book, definitely my favorite of the Ball’s series.
Adam is an excellent character, very well written and I loved him. He is a lawyer working for a developer company and while he loves his job he is somehow an honest lawyer. Heh, I laughed at that in the beginning, but I soon saw how brilliant a character he was. His current case has him somehow in the blind. Not everything is revealed to him and that unnerves Adam. While his work has nearly
Sophia
Aug 21, 2012 Sophia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the third book in a loosely tied series set in and around Laguna Beach, CA. It was an enjoyable read that was a bit different from the first two in the series though it continues with an opposite attract/one lover in the closet theme. The fun in the sun feel was enjoyable for a summer read (though it would work in the winter to remind one of the warmth of summer on the beach).

Adam is in the closet and a lawyer representing a big development group. Sky is an environmental expert who is c
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under the Covers

I can't say I loved this more than the second book in this series, but I really liked it. We have two guys that are pretty equally matched, both physically and mentally. But they are pretty far apart in everything in between.

Adam is a developer, lots of money, cares about appearances, drives a nice fancy car, ohh and pretends to be straight. Sky is a nature loving, rebreather diver, vegetarian, and openly gay.

They meet accidentally while Sky is diving an
Katharina
Aug 21, 2013 Katharina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
3.5

A sweet, short story, not too much angst, easy to read, and problems that can all be solved beautifully by the end. In other words, a typical Balls to the Wall story.

What I like about these books is that appearances are often not related to the roles these guys play in their relationship - you get smaller tops or pretty boys taking charge, at least in the bedroom. That's something I always enjoy because it disrupts the predictable flow of expectation and actual behaviour.

This book was a bit m
Nic
Mar 13, 2013 Nic rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, series, zz-amazon-yes
This story is very different to the first two in the series and is really not about sport at all - unless you count the bit of scuba diving that occurs - so I had to reclassify on my bookshelves! It also has a very different feel to the others in the series without really crossing over with any of the characters we have met so far (apart from a brief mention of Roman's paintings).

Not that this is a bad thing because I totally enjoyed the story.

This story brings together a very much in the closet
Sadonna
May 14, 2012 Sadonna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pdf, mm, contemporary
I like this story just as much as the previous story in this series, Fire Balls. I didn't think I'd like a character as much as I liked Rodney, but I really liked Sky and Adam in this one. First, I absolutely loved the blurb about Adam being so far in the closet that he could find Narnia. Right away I knew I would like this tale about a closeted lawyer and the environmental expert who meet under mysterious circumstances and really like each other only to find out they are on the opposite sides o ...more
JoAnna
Aug 02, 2012 JoAnna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
Two guys meet and fight over an octopus, that isn't the start of a joke but how Sky and Adam meet in this great story by Tara Lain. Adam is an attorney for a development company and the men he works for are anti-gay. So Adam hides his sexuality during his everyday life but treats himself to parties with other gay men where they don't use their real names. Adam meets Sky while diving and fight over an octopus. During a town council meeting over a project Adam is working on an expert witness is ca ...more
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
Both of these guys are smoking hot! Of course that can be expected from Tara Lain, all her boys are beautiful! This is the third book in the series, but I found this one very different from the first two. I loved how it was a developer/attorney and an environmentalist, two opposite sides of the coin, yet they were unable to stop the attraction between them.

Adam and Sky were remarkable characters and I loved reading their story. This series has become a favorite of mine and I am really excited t
Christy Duke
May 31, 2012 Christy Duke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The 3rd book in Tara Lain's amazing Balls to the Wall series, Beach Balls has more than lived up to the first two books in terms of fabulous story-telling.
Adam James is a CA developer. Sky Sea Mickeljohn is an environmentalist. Hmmm - need I say more?
The sparks and love that fly between the two makes for a romantic and VERY sexy story. I thoroughly enjoyed this installment and am anxious for the next.
Cassandra Carr
Jun 03, 2012 Cassandra Carr rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner in the "Balls to the Wall" line from Tara Lain. Ms. Lain writes believable gay characters with real-world problems, but doesn't skimp on the heat factor either. And I love how we see characters from other books in the series popping up again. If you like m/m romance that pulls at the heartstrings but still manages to be hot, give Ms. Lain a try!
Mary
Jul 04, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mary by: Choose it as the book to win
This book was as entertaining as the first 2. Great, sweet and fun characters. Love Adam with all his conflicts, but still a good person at heart. Sky falling for his arch enemy, but seeing pass that to the person his is. Would have like to see more of the ones from the first 2 books, but it still was a great read!
Plainbrownwrapper
Aug 01, 2012 Plainbrownwrapper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, read-again-maybe
I'm not quite sure why I enjoy these "Balls" books, but I do. Perhaps it's because of the strongly individual characters -- no cookie cutouts here. The books are too short to really develop everything to its full potential, but they are entertaining nonetheless.
Embry Carlysle
Jun 06, 2012 Embry Carlysle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I Loved this book....only thing I wanted was more time with the boys from the other two books..........but other than that this book was really, really good. The way Tara brought her main character out of the closet was done in a sensitive and believable manner.........Great job Ms. Lain ;)
Chris
Jun 01, 2012 Chris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, gay, done, ebook, 2012
2.5 stars. Ok m/m romance about a closeted lawyer who heads to a friend's beach house on weekends to hook up with anonymous guys... and then while diving, he meets someone he doesn't want to be anonymous with.
  • Misinformation
  • City Slicker at the Horny Goat Ranch
  • The Best Ever
  • Blue Skye (Woodland Village, #1)
  • Geoff's Teddy (Synchronous Seductions, #3)
  • Behind the Eight Ball (Fur, Fangs, and Felines, # 2)
  • The Strength of a Man
  • Lab Rat's Love
  • The Walls Have Ears (College Fun and Gays, #3)
  • Needing You
  • Busted (Wellington Guys #1)
  • Slow Burn
  • My Name is Luka (More Than Friends, #7)
  • Mending Noel (North Pole City Tales #1)
  • Crossed Hearts (Hearts and Scars, #1)
  • Secrets
  • Artist's Touch (Gallant Gentlemen’s Guild #1)
  • With This Ring
Tara Lain never met a beautiful boy she didn’t love – at least on paper. A writer of erotic romance, mostly ménage and male/male, Tara loves all her characters, but especially her handsome heroes. A lifelong writer of serious non-fiction, Tara had the first novel she ever wrote accepted for publication in 2011. She’s now on book 37 and counting. After an exotic life of travel all over the world an ...more
More about Tara Lain...

Balls to the Wall (5 books)
  • Volley Balls  (Balls to the Wall #1)
  • Fire Balls  (Balls to the Wall, #2)
  • Snow Balls (Balls to the Wall, #4)
  • F.A.S.T. Balls (Balls To The Wall, #5)