Start by marking “Up In Flames” as Want to Read:

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Juliet Baker is not looking forward to coming home after six months. Yes, the fiery brunette wants to make a go of turning her parents' farmhouse into a B&B. She’s just not looking forward to seeing the place where they died. To make things worse, she knows she'll finally have to face her cheating, firefighter ex-boyfriend.

Luckily, her sister has found Jules a boarder.
Published May 28th 2012 by Liquid Silver Books (first published May 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Up In Flames, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Up In Flames

Deadly Election by Arthur CrandonFirst I Love You by Genevieve DeweyFound Money by Peter Watson JenkinsHot & Spicy by P.T. MaciasCurse Girl by Mark Mackey
Little Known Authors Worth Reading
216th out of 2,532 books — 2,178 voters
Trial by Fire by Jo DavisWild Heat by Bella AndreSneaking a Peek by Eden SummersHidden Fire by Jo DavisUnder Fire by Jo Davis
Firemen Are Hot.....
51st out of 87 books — 241 voters

More lists with this book...

Vanessa theJeepDiva
Up in Flames by Rosanna Leo is a wonderfully erotic tale of small town girl Juliet Baker and hunky firefighter Shane Gaskill. Juliet has decided to return to her home town after a 6-month hiatus and open a B & B in the family farm. Enter Shane Gaskill, the new fire station captain, sent to her B & B by Juliet’s well-meaning nosy sister, for room and board.

Both Juliet and Shane are dealing with past relationships that tend to haunt them and not allow them to act upon their growing attract
Suzan
I loved the main characters in this book Jules and Shane! Who doesn't love a sexy firefighter though! I felt for both of them with their pasts and the trauma's they suffered and I loved the plot involving the arsonist stalker as well. The dynamics between the characters were amazing and I was 100% routing for Jules and Shane throughout the book. I alternated between wanting to hug Jules and shout at her for being stupid and blind! Of course I was doing the same with Shane when he was letting him ...more
Janie
I was given this book by the author in return for an honest review

I absolutely LOVED this book. Gives you a real feel good factor. An makes you wanna believe in Happy Endings after all
Jule's and Shane are perfect for one another but what trials and tribulations will it take for them to figure it out!!!
A definite MUST READ FOR ANYONE :)
Romance, action, hot sex what more could you want???
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Juliet "Jules" Baker has sworn off firefighters as liars and cheaters thanks to her ex Kevin. Jules believes the precious brotherhood is alive and well among firefighters. She's spent the last six months on an extended vacation to Europe to escape the pain and heartache of losing her parents as well as her boyfriend. Jules is now returning home to open B&B on her family farm. Jules didn't plan on her sister Clare meddling in her life especially a firefighter. Captain Shane Gaskill is the new ...more
Pamela
Someone call 9-1-1 now as I'm on fire. Sexy firefighters...I definitely want one. Forgive me ladies as I close my eyes and envision hard-bodied firefighters...

Looking to indulge in some guilty pleasures that will get your engines up and running? “Up in Flames” is the book to read that will definitely deliver what you’re looking for in an erotic tale. I really enjoyed this story. Shane and Jules are two very likeable and strong characters. The heat and passion between the two is so palpable you
Kiru Taye
Can I just say this; I enjoyed reading this book. Absolutely.
Here’s how the book started:

“Good Lord, give me strength. Please keep the local fire-fighters away from me. Keep me out of the path of hardened abs and tall men in uniform, for they are bastards, one and all. Amen.”

Tell me this little prayer didn’t put a smile on your face and make you curious. Of course you can’t tell me that because it did, just like it had me grinning silly when I started reading. Once you read that opening paragra
Pat
Juliet Baker is returning to her home town of Riverbend after six months in Europe. She has very mixed feelings about this return. She left after her parents passed away, and she caught her firefighter boyfriend Kevin cheating on her. Apparently with multiple women, and worse, his firefighter buddies kept his secret . Juliet is definitely OFF firefighters.
Juliet hopes to turn her parents rambling farm into a B & B, and her sister Claire has already arranged for a boarder to help pay for the
Sophia
When offered the opportunity to read a story involving a yummy sweet-natured, yet tortured soul of a firefighter, how could I refuse? Actually, there's a nice, but 'bruised of heart' heroine to match him too, but in the interest of full disclosure I am forced to admit that she didn't catch my attention until I read the story. The story did indeed grab my attention in the beginning and kept it until the final page was turned.

Juliet Baker is returning to her small home town after a six-month absen
Melissa
“Good Lord, give me strength. Please keep the local firefighters away from me. Keep me out of the path of hardened abs and tall men in uniform, for they are bastards, one and all. Amen.”

Ha, if that doesn't grab your attention, then I really don't know what will.

So there I was, sucked in with those first few sentences of Up in Flames. And thankfully, I wasn't let down after that. The author created a pleasant, sexy read with two extremely likeable characters that you will root for from the star
Claire Taylor
Rosanna Leo
Up In Flames

Luckily, her sister has found Jules a boarder. Easy money, right? Not when she realizes the boarder is Captain Shane Gaskill. Not only is Shane a
Mel
I love the story. It's short and simple but sweet and fun at the same time. Rosanna Leo is an amazing writer that understands which elements will pull the reader in. This is a standalone book, and sometimes that is exactly what you need, a quick story with great chemistry between the characters and complete resolution.
Jessi Szigethy
Jan 01, 2013 Jessi Szigethy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: contemporary romance fans
Shelves: romance
So sweet! I really enjoyed this one. The characters feel very real as was the heartbreak they both would rather not repeat. Jules and Shane resist with the best of them but not really, which is perfect. The action moved pretty quickly throughout the book.A very nice balance was achieved with inner turmoil and action. You were able to understand what was going on with the characters but the story didn't get bogged down in too much thinking. This one is a must read for contemporary romance readers ...more
Emmie
My Review:

Jules and Shane has both been hurt and both are afraid to love. This makes for interesting avoidance and denial from both. I liked this story very much. It was believable and I could identify with the characters and their feelings. I love that it was not just a sappy love story, but that it had a bit of mystery and suspense as well. A good all round read.

I like Ms Leo's writing style and would love to read more of her books.

Synopsis:

Juliet Baker is not looking forward to coming home af
Iris
Where can I get a hot firefighter of my own? The chemistry between Jules and Shane is practically explosive. It jumps out at you from every page. Battling feelings for each other, each for their own personal reasons, you want nothing more than for these two individuals to find their way to each other and a happily ever after.

The added thrill of an arsonist, threatening notes and an ex boyfriend trying to win Juliet back, Up in Flames never has a dull moment. Another great one by Rosanna Leo
Patricia
what did i think?!?!? i think if there was even the remotest chance that shane would be the one showing up i'd set fire to my house,lol. this book, like the other one by rosanna that i've read (THE SELKIE, check it out too), is hot, hot, hot. loved it from the first word to the last word. i usually am a true blue paranormal romance/erotica reader, and you know what i didn't miss the "paranormal" in this book at all. kudos to rosanna for winning me over, with yet another man ;)
* LiLyAnnE
I loved the story..super hot firefighter :P
Lauren
Juliet moves back into town after trying to clear her head after a bad break up and the death of her parents. Little does she know her boarder Shane is going to rock her world. Cute romance story with a little action and a little erotica.

I wished Gary had played a bigger part in the story to explain his mental illness and reasonings.
WaAR
Jeanne
What a great story! The characters were believable, and made the story flow effortlessly. Plus, it ended just when, and as, it should have... that's not as common as one would like.

Masterfully written... classy. Rosanna Leo has me hooked, and I'll be looking for more from this author.
Mandy
Oh my goodness! I need a fan during portions of this book! The story is sweet and plausible, the characters are realistic, and the lovin' is HAWT! This is the third book I have read from this author. Ms. Leo, I look forward to many more.
Lani ⚔⚔  the Destroyer ⚔⚔
3.5 stars. I enjoyed this book. It was sugary sweet if a little predictable, but it didn't matter. I was in the mood for something light and not too taxing on the emotions and this fit the bill perfectly.
Parker Kincade
I can't say enough about this delicious book. Sexy and hot, sweet and compassionate...this story tugged at my heart and kept me engaged from page one. Rosanna Leo has a solid fan in me!
Rachel
Really like this one and I look forward to reading more by this author.
La Parisienne
I'm honestly baffled by all the 4/5 stars reviews. This was a cheesy book full of tired tropes, highly predictable plot developments, and one-dimensional stock characters.

The opening sentence gave me the impression that this could be a cute, witty romance but things went south pretty quickly. The twilight-type writing (i.e. excruciatingly detailed descriptions of the protagonists' bodies and hotness, twice per page) got old very fast.

Just consider this: in one of the first chapter, while Jules a
Donna J
A nice romancy read with some light erotica thrown in. The mystery suspense side of the story was not very mysterious at all. It was made very obvious to the reader who the arsonist was very early on and very anti-climatic when he was caught, IMO!

If you like fire fighter books, you might like this story, it is a nice easy read.
Louisa
Sexy, small-town romance with likeable characters.
Robyn
Nice surprising wee read
Selena Lang
Totally unmemorable.
Chesspalomino
Chesspalomino marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Placidus Anima
Placidus Anima marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Bugger1
Bugger1 marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Firefighters...your fave men in uniform? 3 4 Jan 13, 2013 12:44PM
  • Lucky's Charms
  • One Night Stand (The Martin Family, #1)
  • The Concubine's Gift
  • Obsession (Talisman, #1)
  • Too Hot To Handle (The Giovanni Clan, #1)
  • Her Demonic Angel (Her Angel, #5)
  • Escape (Vampire King, #1)
  • Cowboy Outcasts
  • Stranded Temptation
  • Storm of Desire
  • Last Call
  • A Sinister Game
  • Unlocked (Forbidden Fruit, #2)
  • Beyond the Shadows
  • Crossing Hathaway
  • Knotty Girl (A Midsummer's Night Steam)
  • Treacherous Curves: Blackmailing the Billionaire
  • Perfect Fit: A Modern Tale Of Pride And Prejudice
Rosanna Leo is a multi-published author with Liquid Silver Books. She has her degree in history and literature, as well as in classical singing. Currently residing in Toronto, Canada, her favorite things are her family, dusty libraries, and Nutella. Rosanna loves it when the geeky, awkward girl gets the hot guy, and has made it her mission to see this happen in her books as much as possible. Rosan ...more
More about Rosanna Leo...
For the Love of a God (Greek God, #1) Predator's Kiss (Gemini Island Shifters, #1) The Selkie (Orkney Selkies, #1) Sweet Hell (Greek God, #2) Predator's Serenade (Gemini Island Shifters, #2)

“God Lord, give me strength. Please keep the local firefighters away from me. Keep me out of the path of hardened abs and tall men in uniform, for they are bastards, one and all. Amen” 2 likes