Start by marking “The Immortal: A Novel of The Somadàrsath (The Seven Wars, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Immortal: A Novel of The Somadàrsath (The Seven Wars, #1)

The Immortal: A Novel of The Somadàrsath (The Seven Wars #1)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  12 reviews
When the griffin Galator flees to Earth after his failed rebellion, the Lord Protector of Etheria, Lask Somadar, must go after him before the griffin can share the secrets of Immortality and ignite a war between Earth and Etheria. However, what was meant to be a quick and covert mission quickly complicates when Lask encounters Myranda, a refugee from Galator's swath of des ...more
Published July 2012 by Sun Hawk Press

To ask other readers questions about The Immortal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Immortal

Cinder by Marissa MeyerThe Selection by Kiera CassUnder the Never Sky by Veronica RossiEverneath by Brodi AshtonIncarnate by Jodi Meadows
2012 Debut Authors (Young Adult & Middle Grade)
368th out of 973 books — 5,833 voters
Cinder by Marissa MeyerUnder the Never Sky by Veronica RossiThe Broken Destiny by Carlyle LabuschagneIncarnate by Jodi MeadowsEverneath by Brodi Ashton
YA Debuts 2012
219th out of 429 books — 1,346 voters

More lists with this book...

Dalidja
The Immortal is just a really solid read. And I'm not sure how else to describe it to make my meaning more clear... It's fully entrenched in the fantasy genre, and it's exactly the kind of book I loved to read in junior high and high school. That's not to say that the writing is of a lower level, it's perfectly well written, to be enjoyed at any age(although there is no sexual content, the most the main characters ever do is kiss and cuddle, despite the professings of love and risking of lives). ...more
Jon
This book was a part of a goodreads giveaway.

This was a good, fast paced book that quickly gets into action. There was little background in the beginning and the background info that was in story was revealed when there was need.

The book is a fantasy novel about an immortal named Lask who has come to earth in pursuit of his enemy, the Griffin Galator. While looking for Galator, Flask comes across a mortal woman named Myranda. At its heart this book is about the love connection that forms betwee
SuperHeroQwimm
I really enjoyed reading this, she had the things I love about fantasy but also some things I did not expect. The ending does leave the book open for more to come but I don't exactly know where it will go because it seemed to have been wrapped up.
The only problem I had was there was a large amount of grammatical errors that sometimes caused a little confusion.

I felt it necessary to come back and add that I loved that the main villain of this book was a Griffin!
John
This was an excellent book. It was well crafted with several plot twists that kept the reader engaged and wanting more. The griffin was an excellent multifaceted villain. It was interesting to see how a creatures life and the choices he's made can lead to his downfall. There are far too few YA novels that showcases honor and nobility. I loved the ending and can't wait for book two of the seven wars!
Gabdingo
Kindred's debut novel introduces readers to characters that are powerful, believable, and for the most part, likeable. The characterization of Galator as the villain is superb. I can't remember the last time I disliked a character so much. I'm so happy that a sequel is being released next month. I can't wait to continue this story!
Msbookworm
I am a bit fan of fantasy books, and to me, the best ones draw you into the world immediately. The Immortal is such a book. The descriptions of the setting made me feel as if I was there and the characters are well-developed and believable. I found myself being drawn into the world of The Immortal. Now I want more!
Suzi
Jul 26, 2012 Suzi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: to the older teenagers and young adults. Or anyone who loves fantasy
Recommended to Suzi by: familymember
The Immortal has an excellent storyline and good flow. E.H. Kindred is a young novelist with a refreshing new twist to fantasy. There are griffins instead of vampires, characters who believe in and talk to the creator, and the development of good vs evil. This book showcases Miss Kindred's talent well.
Jessica
I received this book through the firstreads giveaway, so thanks! It was a fun, quick read. I thought the book could stand to have another edit. The plot was fairly straightforward. Despite that I found I enjoyed reading it, and that it was fun escapism.
Kat
I am sincerely baffled by all the good reviews this book it getting. The pacing is terrible, the characterization is poor, and the romance is clumsy and unbelievable. Even for YA fantasy from a novice author, this is pretty sub-par.
David Sanger
Pretty good can't wait to read the other one and future ones
Ethan
It was good, but got a little too romantic at moments.
Loved it!!
Jessi
Jessi marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Victoria Draeon
Victoria Draeon marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Elijah
Elijah marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Jacob Tucker
Jacob Tucker marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Beizal
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Anna Tea
Anna Tea marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Kayla Eklund
Kayla Eklund marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Cassie
Cassie added it
Jul 15, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Salvatore
Salvatore marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Stephanie Parray
Stephanie Parray marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Is any one currently reading The Immortal 1 6 Aug 03, 2012 01:01PM
  • Harmony (Kingdom of Souls, #1)
  • Voracious (Clare Point, #5)
  • Bathory: Memoir of a Countess
  • Dantalion of the Goetia
  • Reality Bites: Tales of a Half-Vampire
  • Precisely Terminated (Cantral Chronicles, #1)
  • Imitation of Death (Nikki Harper Mysteries, #2)
  • The Darkest of Secrets (Mills & Boon Modern)
  • Acid Indigestion Eyes
  • Siren Song
  • The Zenith
  • Wings of Boden
  • Creatures: Thirty Years of Monsters
  • Ice Song
  • Wanderlust (Beautiful Americans, #2)
  • TigerLily (PineLight, #2)
  • Nightingale
  • Ripper's Row
E. H. Kindred is an avid reader and writer, who fell in love with the fantasy genre at a young age. Words have been her life-long passion, leading her to achieve a Magna cum Laude B.A. in English, with an unofficial concentration in Medieval Literature. During the course of her university career, she also studied both ancient and medieval History, as well as Latin/Classics.

E. H. Kindred is employe
More about E.H. Kindred...
Bound By Blood: A Novel of The Somadàrsath (The Seven Wars, # 2) The Mirror of Dùmsaro: A Novel Of The Somadàrsath (The Seven Wars, #4) Through Death Or Through Darkness: A Novel Of The Somadàrsath (The Seven Wars, #3) Time's Shadows: A Novel Of The Somadàrsath (The Seven Wars, #6) The Court of the Hydra King: A Novel Of The Somadàrsath (The Seven Wars, #5)