Start by marking “The Immortal: A Novel of The Somadàrsath (The Seven Wars, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Immortal: A Novel of The Somadàrsath (The Seven Wars, #1)

The Immortal: A Novel of The Somadàrsath (The Seven Wars #1)

When the griffin Galator flees to Earth after his failed rebellion, the Lord Protector of Etheria, Lask Somadar, must go after him before the griffin can share the secrets of Immortality and ignite a war between Earth and Etheria. However, what was meant to be a quick and covert mission quickly complicates when Lask encounters Myranda, a refugee from Galator's swath of des ...more
Published July 2012 by Sun Hawk Press

To ask other readers questions about The Immortal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Immortal

Dalidja
Jun 22, 2012 Dalidja rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, my-books
The Immortal is just a really solid read. And I'm not sure how else to describe it to make my meaning more clear... It's fully entrenched in the fantasy genre, and it's exactly the kind of book I loved to read in junior high and high school. That's not to say that the writing is of a lower level, it's perfectly well written, to be enjoyed at any age(although there is no sexual content, the most the main characters ever do is kiss and cuddle, despite the professings of love and risking of lives). ...more
Jon
Jul 07, 2012 Jon rated it really liked it
This book was a part of a goodreads giveaway.

This was a good, fast paced book that quickly gets into action. There was little background in the beginning and the background info that was in story was revealed when there was need.

The book is a fantasy novel about an immortal named Lask who has come to earth in pursuit of his enemy, the Griffin Galator. While looking for Galator, Flask comes across a mortal woman named Myranda. At its heart this book is about the love connection that forms betwee
SuperHeroQwimm
Jun 18, 2012 SuperHeroQwimm rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this, she had the things I love about fantasy but also some things I did not expect. The ending does leave the book open for more to come but I don't exactly know where it will go because it seemed to have been wrapped up.
The only problem I had was there was a large amount of grammatical errors that sometimes caused a little confusion.

I felt it necessary to come back and add that I loved that the main villain of this book was a Griffin!
John
Jun 23, 2012 John rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent book. It was well crafted with several plot twists that kept the reader engaged and wanting more. The griffin was an excellent multifaceted villain. It was interesting to see how a creatures life and the choices he's made can lead to his downfall. There are far too few YA novels that showcases honor and nobility. I loved the ending and can't wait for book two of the seven wars!
Msbookworm
Jul 24, 2012 Msbookworm rated it it was amazing
I am a bit fan of fantasy books, and to me, the best ones draw you into the world immediately. The Immortal is such a book. The descriptions of the setting made me feel as if I was there and the characters are well-developed and believable. I found myself being drawn into the world of The Immortal. Now I want more!
Suzi
Jul 19, 2012 Suzi rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: to the older teenagers and young adults. Or anyone who loves fantasy
Recommended to Suzi by: familymember
The Immortal has an excellent storyline and good flow. E.H. Kindred is a young novelist with a refreshing new twist to fantasy. There are griffins instead of vampires, characters who believe in and talk to the creator, and the development of good vs evil. This book showcases Miss Kindred's talent well.
Gabby Gilliam
Sep 22, 2012 Gabby Gilliam rated it really liked it
Kindred's debut novel introduces readers to characters that are powerful, believable, and for the most part, likeable. The characterization of Galator as the villain is superb. I can't remember the last time I disliked a character so much. I'm so happy that a sequel is being released next month. I can't wait to continue this story!
Jessica
I received this book through the firstreads giveaway, so thanks! It was a fun, quick read. I thought the book could stand to have another edit. The plot was fairly straightforward. Despite that I found I enjoyed reading it, and that it was fun escapism.
Kat
Jan 07, 2013 Kat rated it it was ok
I am sincerely baffled by all the good reviews this book it getting. The pacing is terrible, the characterization is poor, and the romance is clumsy and unbelievable. Even for YA fantasy from a novice author, this is pretty sub-par.
David Sanger
Nov 25, 2012 David Sanger rated it it was amazing
Pretty good can't wait to read the other one and future ones
Megan
Megan rated it liked it
Beka
Beka rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Jamie Beedles
Jamie Beedles rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2012
Amy Duer
Amy Duer rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2012
Ametra
Ametra rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2014
Paul Sharpe
Paul Sharpe rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2012
Lynette Noble
Lynette Noble rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2012
jamie
jamie rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2013
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Nia
Nia rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2012
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2014
Glenn
Glenn rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2012
Ethan
Aug 18, 2012 Ethan rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
It was good, but got a little too romantic at moments.
Sep 18, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
Loved it!!
Graham
Graham rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2012
Jemma Brook
Jemma Brook rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2016
E.H. Kindred
Sep 04, 2012 E.H. Kindred rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Claire
Claire rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2012
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2012
Dihmar
Dihmar marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2012
Kitty Honeycutt
Kitty Honeycutt marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2012
Oran de Baritault
Oran de Baritault marked it as to-read
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Jasmin
Jasmin marked it as to-read
Laurel Tyndall
Laurel Tyndall marked it as to-read
Rosemary Stoneman
Rosemary Stoneman marked it as to-read
Melinda Smith
Melinda Smith marked it as to-read
C.P.
C.P. marked it as to-read
Khaleesi
Khaleesi marked it as to-read
Levina Goon
Levina Goon marked it as to-read
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Lettie
Lettie marked it as to-read
Mackenzie
Mackenzie marked it as to-read
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Karine Chicoine
Karine Chicoine marked it as to-read
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson marked it as to-read
Nancy The book junkie
Nancy The book junkie marked it as to-read
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Dani
Dani marked it as to-read
April Morris
April Morris marked it as to-read
Zoe Tribley
Zoe Tribley marked it as to-read
Marie-Anne
Marie-Anne marked it as to-read
Michelle Pereira
Michelle Pereira marked it as to-read
Heather A Thomas
Heather A Thomas marked it as to-read
Is any one currently reading The Immortal 1 6 Aug 03, 2012 10:01PM
  • Reality Bites: Tales of a Half-Vampire
  • Precisely Terminated (Cantral Chronicles, #1)
  • Bathory: Memoir of a Countess
  • Ice Song
  • Wanderlust (Beautiful Americans, #2)
  • Creatures: Thirty Years of Monsters
  • Watch for Me by Moonlight (The Midnight Twins, #3)
  • Prepare
  • Redemption (Redemption, #1)
  • Ripper's Row
  • Off With Their Heads: The Prequel to Alice in Deadland (Alice in Deadland # 3)
  • Vampire Apocalypse: A World Torn Asunder
  • The Gateway (The Harbinger of Doom Saga, #1 novella length)
  • Harmony (Kingdom of Souls, #1)
  • Voluspa: A Magical World
  • The Dragon and the Crow
  • The World Between (The Kriterion Saga, #1)
  • Voracious (Clare Point, #5)
E. H. Kindred is an avid reader and writer, who fell in love with the fantasy genre at a young age. Words have been her life-long passion, leading her to achieve a Magna cum Laude B.A. in English, with an unofficial concentration in Medieval Literature. During the course of her university career, she also studied both ancient and medieval History, as well as Latin/Classics.

E. H. Kindred is employe
More about E.H. Kindred...

The Seven Wars (6 books)
  • Bound By Blood: A Novel of The Somadàrsath (The Seven Wars, # 2)
  • Through Death Or Through Darkness: A Novel Of The Somadàrsath (The Seven Wars, #3)
  • The Mirror of Dùmsaro: A Novel Of The Somadàrsath (The Seven Wars, #4)
  • The Court of the Hydra King: A Novel Of The Somadàrsath (The Seven Wars, #5)
  • Time's Shadows: A Novel Of The Somadàrsath (The Seven Wars, #6)