Start by marking “Wheel-Mouse vs All The Crazy Robots” as Want to Read:
Wheel-Mouse vs All The Crazy Robots

Wheel-Mouse vs All The Crazy Robots

4.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  174 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
This is a children's picture book. All profits are going to a hospice charity that helps care for terminally ill and life-limited children.

See it here: http://wheel-mouse.blogspot.co.uk/201...

Buy it for kindle on Amazon.

The story comes from my severely disabled daughter, Celyn (aged 8). She used a head-switch and communication device & I did the illustrations.
Published May 29th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Wheel-Mouse vs All The Crazy Robots, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wheel-Mouse vs All The Crazy Robots

Cold Days by Jim ButcherKing of Thorns by Mark  LawrenceA Perfect Blood by Kim HarrisonFair Game by Patricia BriggsTricked by Kevin Hearne
Science Fiction & Fantasy Titles for 2012!
137th out of 650 books — 1,520 voters
King of Thorns by Mark  LawrenceThe Blinding Knife by Brent WeeksHeir of Novron by Michael J. SullivanRed Country by Joe AbercrombieCold Days by Jim Butcher
Best Fantasy Books 2012
28th out of 60 books — 198 voters

More lists with this book...

Mark Lawrence
Jan 06, 2015 Mark Lawrence rated it it was amazing
Yay! Celyn's charity book made the semi-final of the Goodreads Choice Awards for best picture book 2012!

Check the book out!

It's a genre-busting tour de force, focused on the age old problem of mouse vs robot, and such environmental issues as poo and ... well, poo really.

seak
Apr 08, 2013 seak rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
This is a picture book that author Mark Lawrence's 8-year-old daughter wrote. All profit from the book goes to the Children's Hospice for terminally ill and life-limited children and as Mark says, "a charity that has provided help for Celyn (and me)."

This is a great story and for a great cause as well. This had me cracking up the entire time. Loved it!

Just wait till you find out what robot poo is. :D

Here's the link to Amazon.

EDIT (April 8, 2013): My two-year-old absolutely loves this book. He a
Peter
Mar 07, 2013 Peter rated it it was amazing
I had the pleasure last week of telling this lovely young author in person how much I loved her book. She was properly humble, then disappeared in a dazzle of flash photography before I could get her to sign my iPad.
Jerome Lim
Jul 22, 2013 Jerome Lim rated it it was amazing
My kids have been reading this story, over and over again! Robot poo even became a game the kids made up at the beach! One evening I came back home to find my sons room totally turned upside down, there was mess everywhere, but as it turns out it wasn't his fault! It was the crazy robots! Thank you Celyn for giving my son an amazing story to read and the perfect excuse to mess up his room.
Robin Hobb
Feb 28, 2013 Robin Hobb rated it it was amazing
Have you ever wondered what robot poo looks like? Have you ever worried what you might do if crazy robots were pooing everywhere? This is the book for you. And me!
Gregor Xane
Nov 05, 2013 Gregor Xane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Why are these robots pooing everywhere? GOD, WHY!?

Because...because...they are CRAZY ROBOTS! (Sane robots most certainly do not poo everywhere.)

Who can save the town when these crazy robots retreat to their flying city in the sky and begin dropping poo on picnics and teachers and everything else?

Why, only a magical wheelchair-bound little mouse, of course!

This book is truly great. I'm hoping for a sequel, wherein it is explained in excruciating detail what exactly constitutes robot poo.

Three (3)
Steve Drew
Jun 05, 2012 Steve Drew rated it it was amazing
My daughter (8) has been reading Wheel-Mouse to her younger brother (5) and they both love it! Robot poo seems to be a favorite as does the speedy Wheel-Mouse herself. Really a lovely story and a playful one that connected well with the kids.

We also had a long chat about cerebral palsy - something that would never have happened without Celyn's story. What cerebral palsy is, what it isn't and the likely impact on life.

"Well, I think that she is an amazing writer and I love her story. She has a n
Salman Mehedy Titas
"Oh no!
Robot poo!"
(My most favourite part from the story)

This picture book came from the imagination of the talented Celyn Lawrence - who at the time was 8, if I'm not mistaken - daughter of Mark Lawrence. Delightful. Hilarious. A great story. It's bound to make you laugh.
edifanob
Jun 04, 2012 edifanob rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-books, 2012-reads
I read the WHEEL-MOUSE and the robot poo made me laugh.
I hope more people will buy the book in order to support AND to enjoy themselves.
Courtney Schafer
Jun 08, 2012 Courtney Schafer rated it it was amazing
My toddler son thought this was hilarious - wanted to look at it over and over again. Best of all, it's for a good cause!
Shawn Wickersheim
Apr 16, 2015 Shawn Wickersheim rated it it was amazing
Inventive story. Made me smile. I'll have to share this with my kids. They'll love it.
Ian
Loved it! So poignant and so cute!
Molly
Mar 25, 2015 Molly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens, own, kindle
Poop-apocalypse on the horizon ?! Crazy Robot's on the loose?! Don't worry, Wheel-Mouse is here to save us all!
Delightful and fun. You don't have to be a kid, to enjoy this story.

Thank you, Celyn!

P.S.

You can buy it on Amazon (Kindle); all profit will go to the Children's Hospice charity for terminally ill and life-limited children. For that money (at least here in Croatia) you can hardly get a regular cup of coffee, so come on ... make buying it on Kindle, your good deed for the day.
Kristen
Aug 25, 2016 Kristen rated it it was amazing
This book is made of giggles!

Best dollar for giggles that I've gotten in a while, in fact. For a good cause, too! :)

I would definitely like to read about further zumming adventures!
Celyn the Raven
May 26, 2014 Celyn the Raven rated it it was amazing
A short story, written by 8 year-old Celyn Lawrence (and daddy), in a wickedly funny way and with poo everywhere! What's more to love than that? I'd say the fact that it's a really cheap e-book and that all profits will go to charity. So what are you waiting for?
Gavin Brown
Feb 05, 2014 Gavin Brown rated it it was amazing
I bought this to read to my four year old, and we both loved it! It was funny and heart warming, the author is definitely a chip off the old block, she has a wicked sense of humour like her father! I hope that Miss Lawrence brings us further adventures in the world of Wheel-Mouse, zummm!
Pen
Jan 01, 2015 Pen rated it it was amazing
A pooptastic tale!

You'd be a crazy robot that poops on everyone's day not to enjoy this awesome little read. Comes complete with strong female lead who thinks fast and saves the day! Awesome all the way <:3 )~
Didi
Nov 10, 2012 Didi rated it it was amazing
Really cute. I like how not all superheroes come in the conventional type. And really, saving us from poop bombs out of the sky? that is the best kind of superhero.
Love where the proceeds are going and the creative process. Go Celyn!
Lauren
Mar 15, 2013 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Celyn you little genius! Loved wheel-mouse and the power of zumming. Put the biggest smile on my face and I'll be reaching for it when I need cheered up. Kudos to Mark for taking direction and illustrating this lovely little book.
Nathan Washor
May 31, 2012 Nathan Washor rated it it was amazing
My 5 year old daughter cracked up! Poo on nearly every page. Surprisingly, my wife even chuckled, albeit with a frown. Who's to judge comedic brilliance? Buy this book now! It's for charity :)
Joel
Sep 05, 2013 Joel rated it it was amazing
A clever and heartwarming tale, of poop and robots and overcoming adversity. The author is a visionary, and this is a book I will love to share with my children someday.
Tori
This story is awesome, the drawings are brilliantly done, there's poo everywhere and mention of chickens. What more could you want out of a kiddie book?
Daryl Bishop
Sep 20, 2013 Daryl Bishop rated it it was amazing
hilarious, epic, mentally nutritious and worth so much more than every penny! favourite bit by far: the robot control panel, genious!
Daleine
Jul 05, 2012 Daleine rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful book written by a 8 year old quadraplegic who is non verbal. I loved the book.
My daughter won it from Goodreads.
Brandon Zarzyczny
Nov 01, 2012 Brandon Zarzyczny rated it it was amazing
This is a really cute little picture book, and it's for a great cause and it has a really nice back-story to it's creation.
Felicia
Jun 25, 2012 Felicia rated it it was amazing
I received this book from GoodReads first reads. Really cute! It touch my heart and my funny bone. I really loved this book.
Tabitha Tucker
Jul 04, 2012 Tabitha Tucker rated it liked it
Great job on the this illustrated mini.
Received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Marc Jones
Jun 16, 2014 Marc Jones rated it it was amazing
A fun little book for a great cause
Had me grinning from ear to ear
Mike Jeffries
Nov 09, 2012 Mike Jeffries rated it it was amazing
What a funny and sweet little read going to have to get a copy for my niece :)
ChristinaJL
Nov 14, 2012 ChristinaJL rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, kids
Both my kids loved reading this and thought the pictures were great.
  • Kel Gilligan's Daredevil Stunt Show
  • Silly Milly (Scholastic Reader Level 1)
  • The Rice Bag Hammock
  • Nightsong
  • Boy + Bot
  • Tarra & Bella: The Elephant and Dog Who Became Best Friends
  • Chopsticks
  • Olivia and the Fairy Princesses (Olivia)
  • Infinity and Me
  • How Groundhog's Garden Grew
  • Dragons Love Tacos
  • Bear Despair
  • The Duckling Gets a Cookie!?
  • Chloe and the Lion
  • Tumford the Terrible
  • Ancient Egypt
  • Z Is for Moose
  • Open the Barn Door (A Chunky Book(R))