Start by marking “100RPM - One Hundred Stories Inspired By Music ” as Want to Read:
100RPM - One Hundred Stories Inspired By Music

100RPM - One Hundred Stories Inspired By Music

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  37 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
A collection of 100 flash fiction tales, all stories are inspired by songs on YouTube, each story being 100 words or fewer. Inspiring, thought-provoking and often witty, 100 RPM caters for all musical and storytelling tastes. And, most important of all, there's an introduction by Nik Kershaw.

All money earned from sales will go to the charity One in Four (a registered char
Kindle Edition, First, 112 pages
Published May 31st 2012 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about 100RPM - One Hundred Stories Inspired By Music, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100RPM - One Hundred Stories Inspired By Music

Hayley
May 31, 2012 Hayley rated it it was amazing
I bought this book because an author whose novels I love compiled it and it’s raising money for a great charity. If I’m honest I wasn’t sure how much I would enjoy it as I’m not really a huge fan of short stories but this book may just have converted me because it is simply fabulous. The stories are all brilliant and even though they are all under one hundred words they have such power. I actually cried over two of them and nodded my head in recognition of the emotion in others. There is somethi ...more
Virginia Rand
Apr 17, 2016 Virginia Rand rated it it was ok
It felt like a lot of the stories relied too much on the songs that inspired them to set the mood or explain things. Some were good, but I wish more had been able to stand on their own.
Beth
Jun 04, 2012 Beth rated it really liked it
Love the concept, love the idea and love many of the tales. Consumed in under two hours on a Sunday morning, this collection has seriously inspired me and was a really fantastic read. I may not look at YouTube in the same away again but I will look Nik Kershaw up (he may be before my time).

100 RPM is not a collection you should miss out on, it made me want to sit down, listen to my favourites and write like crazy, a feeling which hasn't come to me for a very long time - wonderful.
Bellaserval
Apr 15, 2013 Bellaserval rated it it was amazing
Completely biased rating as I'm in this.
D.S. Nelson
I loved the concept behind this book and downloaded it because a couple of authors I talk to on Twitter have work in this anthology.

It's a brilliant little book to dip in and out of, but I chose to read it all in one go. I have not given it a star rating as there are some stories I would give five stars to and others I wouldn't. I've also come to the conclusion that star ratings don't really mean much without a context.

It was fun to try and guess which song had inspired the author before peeking
Medeia Sharif
Feb 02, 2013 Medeia Sharif rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
This is an interesting collection of flash fiction inspired by songs. There are 100 stories that are 100 words or less. The songs were listed after each piece, but I would have preferred they were written underneath the titles since I wanted to “hear” the songs in my head while I read. I recognized many of the songs and want to look up a few I’ve never heard of. Some pieces were stronger than others, in my opinion, but that’s how it goes with any anthology. Overall, 100 RPM is a great read.
E.D. Martin
Jul 06, 2012 E.D. Martin rated it liked it
I've found that with microfiction, sometimes I get what the story is about and sometimes I don't. And these stories were no exception, especially because many were based on songs I've never heard of.

Nonetheless, they were a quick, enjoyable read, perfect for the Kindle app on my phone. And I don't regret buying this book because it's for a great cause.
Simone
Oct 18, 2012 Simone rated it really liked it
My friend wrote one of the pieces in this book. It was short but effective. I have never read a book of short stories that were max of 100 words. I never knew you could relay something in such few words. Very clever.
Jacula
Jul 19, 2012 Jacula added it
No stars for this anthology. I had very high hopes for it when I downloaded it to my Kindle. Sad to say, it disappointed on every level. I hate giving bad reviews, but I had no option in this case.
D.J.
Jun 25, 2012 D.J. rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I love reading short stories and one of my stories is in this compilation so it was a winner for me from beginning to end.
Ceri
Jan 01, 2013 Ceri rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2013
Not really my thing, stories of 100 words, an OK book to dip in and out of I suppose!
Simon
Nov 10, 2013 Simon rated it liked it
Highly variable flash.
Jacqueline Ward
Jacqueline Ward rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2016
Crystal Gail
Crystal Gail marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Tayo Carvalhal
Tayo Carvalhal marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Kat
Kat rated it did not like it
Feb 05, 2016
Christopher Ryan
Christopher Ryan marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Phil
Phil rated it it was ok
Dec 27, 2015
Brady Walker
Brady Walker marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2015
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Katherine Lewis
Katherine Lewis rated it it was ok
Aug 17, 2015
Paul
Paul rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2015
Jerilynn Rodriguez
Jerilynn Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Matt
Matt added it
May 09, 2015
Jessica Patient
Feb 05, 2015 Jessica Patient rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Sheri
Sheri marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015