Start by marking “Juiceman's Power of Juicing” as Want to Read:
Juiceman's Power of Juicing

Juiceman's Power of Juicing

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  130 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Television's Juiceman serves up his unique formula for healthy living, with almost one hundred recipes for fruit and vegetable drinks designed to lower cholesterol, increase sexual energy, and much more.
Paperback
Published June 30th 1993 by Warner Books (NY) (first published April 20th 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Juiceman's Power of Juicing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Juiceman's Power of Juicing

Bobby
Oct 12, 2009 Bobby marked it as to-read
Anyone who has seen the inspirational JuiceMan infomercials already has a rudimentary knowledge of power juicing.

On camera, the JuiceMan gives teasers such as, "Did you know that parsley is the 3rd most powerful food on the planet?"

Well what are #1 and #2 you're asking. You find out inside.

*spoilers*
Number 1 it turns out is bone marrow. Just as JuiceMan juicers are excellent for rendering previously unpalatable yet nutrient rich foods such as orange peels, why let old chicken bones go to waste?

S
Tschrister
The dude's straight up orange because he drinks so many carrots. He knows what he's talking about people.
Jessica
Ok so part of this book is the author telling you to buy into his belief's and lifestyle and the other part is him saying, "I know everyone won't be as extreme as me." That part aside, I am glad I got this book. It has lots of recipes for just stuff that tastes good to stuff that is good for you to stuff that can maybe help "cure" you.

I have an autoimmune disease and that bugs me to no end. I got a juicer because I decided I wanted to heal myself and this has been loads of help.

There is a secti
So after reading another book that talked about juicing and the power of the "green" juice, I thought I needed to get some more information to go with my fantastic juicer I had recently purchased and was experimenting with. The language Jay Kordich uses in the book is conversational and he covered almost all of my questions I had in regards to juicing. The other book I had read, even though it was published almost 20 years later (this book was originally published in 1992) had many of the same c ...more
Heather
Apr 10, 2011 Heather rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: somone who wants to learn how/why to juice!
Shelves: health
I originally checked this book out from the library to do research on the benefits of juicing. I found it very helpful in explaining how to juice, what is good for our bodies and why. I ended up buying a juicer and a copy of this book. I've been juicing everyday since! I didn't give it 5 stars because I wish there were more recipes... there's a chunk of the book that has one recipe per page, so it looks like it would have a lot more in it.
Diana
I loved this book! I have the book published in 1992 and it an oldy but a goody! I also purchased a juicer and when I faithfully juice I feel amazing! Jay Kordich knows what he is talking about! Need more energy, juice! It really works! Plus you get an abundance of minerals and nutrition in juicing! Highly recommend!
Haley Whitehall
I've just started juicing. I wanted to get a cookbook, and I am so glad I got this one. The recipes are simple and delicious. He also explains if a recipe is helpful for a particular thing like added energy or if you want to boost your immune system.

I highly recommend the Juiceman's Power of Juicing.
Leah
Jun 22, 2013 Leah added it
Shelves: 2013
This was (sadly) the only book on juicing they had at the library, but in the end it convinced me to go out and buy the juicer I've been putting off buying. The recipes seem simple and easy and he has great tips and advice.
Beki Rush
decent recipes, but it is outdated.
Abraham Ray
Apr 30, 2015 Abraham Ray marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Gini
I like the juices, however, I don't like the way the index is set up. It's hard to find juices with specific fruits or veggies that you want to try.
Martha Smith
I have tried ten different juice recipes from this book and they were all delicious!
Robbi
Ran out and bought a juicer!!!
bARRY
I want Jay Kordich's eyebrows
Pat Elvidge
Pat Elvidge marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Shalini Pandey
Shalini Pandey marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Carrie Baragwanath
Carrie Baragwanath marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Pradeep
Pradeep marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Kiran jyotsna Padala
Kiran jyotsna Padala marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Jeanne
Jeanne added it
Jun 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Juicing for Life: A Guide to the Benefits of Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Juicing
  • The Savory Way
  • 1,001 Low-Fat Vegetarian Recipes: Delicious, Easy-to-Make, Healthy Meals for Everyone
  • Great Vegetarian Cooking Under Pressure
  • Cook Right 4 Your Type: The Practical Kitchen Companion to Eat Right 4 Your Type
  • Food--Your Miracle Medicine
  • The Millennium Cookbook: Extraordinary Vegetarian Cuisine
  • Whole Foods for the Whole Family: La Leche League International Cookbook
  • Almost Vegetarian: A Primer for Cooks Who Are Eating Vegetarian Most of the Time, Chicken & Fish Some of the Time, & Altogether Well All of the Time
  • The Complete Book of Juicing: Your Delicious Guide to Youthful Vitality
  • Stalking the Healthful Herbs
  • The New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook
  • The Vegan Sourcebook
  • Recipes for a Small Planet
Live Foods, Live Bodies! Jay Kordich's A-Z Juice Therapy Remedia The Juiceman Eats Juice Therapy Remedies A to Z O poder dos sucos